Dan & Phil Part 57: Dance of Stans and Anti-Phans

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 57: Dance of Stans and Anti-Phans

Post by mermaid blood »

You know you're living in fear of a dictatorship when you don't even want to press 'thank' on posts expressing critique.

I don't even know most of the regular posters these days, and I haven't been that interested in participating for over 6 months. but this has made me feel weirdly invested again. i made a lot of current friends on this board, and the thought that that history of discussion and subsequent friendship could be erased in one click and our right to ask why, fills me with sadness (and determination, undertale).

I think the crotch on the pants is too low for Dan these days, alittledizzy. he seems to have realised that his thighs are a really nice feature that deserve to be shown off.

Himi
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Himi »

These new rules at the top of the page are the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time. If the admins/mods don't respect us can they please at least respect themselves? These rules make so little sense and are actually embarrassing.

[tweet][/tweet]

Will Phil react to the results?
manged wrote:I pledge to continue to talk shit about YTers under an anonymous account on here. #NicerInternet

redelep
Talker
Talker

Post by redelep »

the first in months, I read the d&p thread and gabz_is_shite is STILL stirring drama and creating chaos.

i guess that is what you get for creating lies and people caught on that. people are going to remember, gabz. don't think we've forgotten.

i still think it's tragic when you used puppet accounts to reply to yourself.

never change :tu: <3

PS: this site is still shit i'm so glad i left months ago.

PPS: d&p are taking forever to finish undertale. i bet they'll finally finish it after tour. probably in august. speaking of august, hopefully tyler does collabs with them again ^^
if you're wondering where the dnp people have gone to and why did this thread is so f*cking dead and hasnt move in a year, pls google in depth bants and click on the forum bc that's where we are

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

Himi wrote:Will Phil react to the results?
he might not, he might be afraid of the backlash from the phandom.

freedom of speech is a very hot topic right now.

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

mermaid blood wrote:

All it takes is one person in a position of assumed power that thinks it's dogue not dohj and, bam, Phil's suddenly the one getting the angry DM.

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

annetamiau wrote:Hey! :)

I was lurking on tumblr and I've seen quite a famous and reliable Phan blog say that Phil's first girlfriend he had at uni used to appear in his old videos. I had never heard of that. Is it true? Do we have any kind of proof he had a girfliend? :o (I thought people agreed he never had a serious relationship before Dan, if they are together). I'm curious, and I know we have some posters who were around before Dan met Phil. Thanks in advance if anyone knows! :)

Even if I'm quite new, not a regular poster and I feel I don't fit here most times, I still like this forum very much and check it every day, I wouldn't like to see this community disappear :love2:
I don't think it was ever proven that Phil had a girlfriend, who she was, if she appeared in his video etc. It's all speculations.
But a lot of people seem to think Anja, the girl who appears in some of his videos (testing my new camera, the sprite commercial) and also went to Florida with him, was an ex. No proof though.
There are also rumours he had something going on with that girl Alyssa he was on a collab channel with and went on the ferris wheel in NY with. (she is the girl who became an underwear model).
Did you ask that tumblr user? maybe they know something else.

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

alittledizzy wrote:
mermaid blood wrote:

All it takes is one mod that thinks it's dogue not dohj and, bam, Phil's suddenly the one getting the angry DM.
Talking about that... how do you pronounce it?

I imagine Dan and Phil discussing about this so much that they had to create a poll :rofl:

Also I'm all about momisnotonfire & amazingdaddy for the next thread name... but if it wins can we change the order? We always say AP & DINOF, so it could be Amazingdaddy and momisnotonfire? :rofl: This is what I apport to this forum *sight*

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

jaej wrote:
daphenaxa wrote:
annetamiau wrote:Hey! :)

I was lurking on tumblr and I've seen quite a famous and reliable Phan blog say that Phil's first girlfriend he had at uni used to appear in his old videos. I had never heard of that. Is it true? Do we have any kind of proof he had a girfliend? :o (I thought people agreed he never had a serious relationship before Dan, if they are together). I'm curious, and I know we have some posters who were around before Dan met Phil. Thanks in advance if anyone knows! :)

Even if I'm quite new, not a regular poster and I feel I don't fit here most times, I still like this forum very much and check it every day, I wouldn't like to see this community disappear :love2:
I don't think it was ever proven that Phil had a girlfriend, who she was, if she appeared in his video etc. It's all speculations.
But a lot of people seem to think Anja, the girl who appears in some of his videos (testing my new camera, the sprite commercial) and also went to Florida with him, was an ex. No proof though.
There are also rumours he had something going on with that girl Alyssa he was on a collab channel with and went on the ferris wheel in NY with. (she is the girl who became an underwear model).
anja's gay, so an unlikely ex. alyssa is definitely more likely, since they were briefly very close, arguably flirty, stuff about her's been deleted, it gets tense when she's brought up etc

i don't really feel comfortable here for a few reasons, the banning being one of them :? i doubt i'll disappear for another 6 months but i don't think i'll post as much anymore. i miss jhamba.
Agree we'll probably never know about Phil's exes in the way we do Dan's. The tenseness when she was brought up that one time is interesting, but pretty inconclusive. Dan also showed occasional tenseness around Phil and people appear to be platonic friends (eg. Adam).
Alyssa also opened and ran a very successful vintage clothing boutique in New York, I always feel the need to point out. we don't know how much/how long her income came from glamour modelling, it would be a shame to be her only defining feature when mentioned.

we should hold a candle light vigil for Jhambs.
remember when she got called a bitch? and 'some 18 year old girl from India'? lol.

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

Ok I was on Phil's myspace and he was part of a greek at uni???!!!! Did we know that? That's new information to me.
http://web.archive.org/web/200906100721 ... /buffyphil
mermaid blood wrote: we should hold a candle light vigil for Jhambs.
remember when she got called a bitch? and 'some 18 year old girl from India'? lol.
wow that is fucked up

pearshaped34
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pearshaped34 »

daphenaxa wrote:Ok I was on Phil's myspace and he was part of a greek at uni???!!!! Did we know that? That's new information to me.
Fraternities and sororities aren't actually a thing in the UK we don't have them.

I just googled omega beta zeta figuring it would be out of a TV show or film and it's from Scream 2, Sarah Michelle Gellar gets thrown off their roof.

IckleMissMayhem
Talker
Talker

Post by IckleMissMayhem »

Offtopic: [quote="peeeepins"]Opening up GG after a boring day of work:
[spoiler]Image
:?[/spoiler][/quote]
No kidding. +1 on the "I'll miss jhambra" - also, and as I have (knowingly!) had no interactions with either admins or mods here, so I'm certainly not swinging at anyone: Shouldn't those being elevated to mod/admin-ship be paragons of virtue the rules of the site?! Those that wield the banhammer should not be exempt from being smashed in the face with it themselves if they fuck up.
Himi wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

Will Phil react to the results?
Probably not, as it seems like he lost the argument(!) :rofl: Or is he currently in some form of (stinky) memory foam induced coma? Welfare check at Team Rocket HQ please...! :?

Anyone else feeling the need to pat Evan on the head and send him on his merry way off a cliff for all I care with a cookie? Yes dear, it is an italian word. (Don't feel too smugly clever - anyone who's played Assassin's Creed would know that!) And that's how they pronounce it. but that usage/definition wasn't the fucking question, was it? :FU:

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

mermaid blood wrote:
jaej wrote:
daphenaxa wrote: I don't think it was ever proven that Phil had a girlfriend, who she was, if she appeared in his video etc. It's all speculations.
anja's gay, so an unlikely ex. alyssa is definitely more likely, since they were briefly very close, arguably flirty, stuff about her's been deleted, it gets tense when she's brought up etc

i don't really feel comfortable here for a few reasons, the banning being one of them :? i doubt i'll disappear for another 6 months but i don't think i'll post as much anymore. i miss jhamba.
Agree we'll probably never know about Phil's exes in the way we do Dan's. The tenseness when she was brought up that one time is interesting, but pretty inconclusive. Dan also showed occasional tenseness around Phil and people appear to be platonic friends (eg. Adam).
Alyssa also opened and ran a very successful vintage clothing boutique in New York, I always feel the need to point out. we don't know how much/how long her income came from glamour modelling, it would be a shame to be her only defining feature when mentioned.
Alyssa seems like such an interesting person. I'd love to see Phil's dynamic with casual female friends, we don't see much of that do we? Besides Cat, maybe, but all that footage is primarily with Dan, too.
mermaid blood wrote:we should hold a candle light vigil for Jhambs.
It's such a shame all these new pro-active, anti-flaming mods weren't around to take a hard stance back them.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

The rules were not made by current mods and were made at the start of GG years ago. Current mods just 'enforce' the rules.

If ANY user posted a public personal vendetta about any other user or any other mod, they would receive a permanent ban. It is not excessive and it is fair as personal attacks are not acceptable, neither will they be tolerated. No one should be single-out publicly on a forum or ganged up against by mob mentality or harassed to the point they cannot feel comfortable posting anywhere on GG without being attacked.

If a poster had targeted any of you and called you 'an asshole', a 'shitty' person etc, publicly (excuse the language :? but it is quoted from the post linked below) ) they too would be banned permanently.

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

Nesoi wrote:The rules were not made by current mods and were made at the start of GG years ago. Current mods just 'enforce' the rules.

If ANY user posted a public personal vendetta about any other user or any other mod, they would receive a permanent ban. It is not excessive and it is fair as personal attacks are not acceptable, neither will they be tolerated. No one should be single-out publicly on a forum or ganged up against by mob mentality or harassed to the point they cannot feel comfortable posting anywhere on GG without being attacked.

If a poster had targeted any of you and called you 'an asshole', a 'shitty' person etc, publicly (excuse the language :? but it is quoted from the post linked below) ) they too would be banned permanently.

Where is Rule 3A listed? No one so far seems to have ever read it before today. this is not sass; I am genuinely curious.

Generally people receive criticism from multiple posters because they have acted rudely towards multiple posters, or lied, or both. That this has occurred from posters who seem to have never interacted with one another, with posting histories on completely different sub-threads, is even more curious. the source of the dissent is coming from one continuing focal point, not the widespread collaboration of liars.

If that is considered 'ganging up', or a 'personal vendetta', that is unfortunate and possibly the result of unsavoury methods of the posters trying to get their point across (that I don't necessarily agree with; there is definitely no need for name calling or aggression). Claims of sock puppet accounts, immoral outing of closeted lgbtq members of our society, spreading lies and then denying them, and reprimanding behaviour which is then displayed by the reprimanded (i can think of a recent example where a user was warned for a behaviour by a moderator, and then 2 days later was made a moderator in the very same thread), are fairly serious concerns that deserve to be investigated, instead of the response we've seen: to close ranks.

It doesn't make me angry. i don't wish to be banned. it just makes me sad. and tired. hypocrisy is so very exhausting.

pearshaped34
Lurker
Lurker

Post by pearshaped34 »

I'm new here so don't have any history with this board or it's users so I don't feel comfortable commenting on the situation between Jhamba and the mod but I will say if the aim of the game is to make this a place where everyone feels comfortable posting why is it written in capitals on the top of the board now that the mods are essentially allowed to do and say whatever they like? I know for me personally that does not make me feel comfortable posting on here nor is it a great set-up for creating a friendly environment people want to join.
If the rules are there to make the board a nicer place why should the people enforcing these rules be exempt from following them?

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

Nesoi wrote:If ANY user posted a public personal vendetta about any other user or any other mod, they would receive a permanent ban. It is not excessive and it is fair as personal attacks are not acceptable, neither will they be tolerated.
I'm not disagreeing with you, I think it's fair too. But where does this stand with the new rule that appeared at the top of our forum today which states mods and admins are exempt from the rules please? That was my original question. Should any users with evidence of mods or admins flaming users or breaking rules contact staff and report in the same way? Or will reporting any behaviour of this nature not be tolerated?

It's "interesting" (a word I use very loosely lol) that Dan's ex was found online by whatever means but Phil's has never emerged lol. How do people even find that stuff lol. Can't say it interests me personally.

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

well that way of dealing with things doesn't work because I personally don't feel encouraged or comfortable posting on this forum when I know my posts could be edited or deleted because a mod just feels like it, or that my account could be deleted without warning because a mod feels i'm "flaming". Telling us the mods are exempt from all rules is certainly not a way to make everyone feel comfortable and welcomed because that system literally calls for abuse of power.
The fact long term, very appreciated and important posters were the victims of the bans should make everyone reflect on the situation. And that all their posts were deleted seriously undermines the quality of the threads and of the forum as a whole.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”