emilynoel83

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83

Post by MrsGrimes »

chatlachance wrote:I'm a fan of Emily, she's actually one of my favorite beauty gurus for many reasons; she seems genuine, nice, sweet, pretty, mature, not obnoxious, is a cat person, good at making reviews and articulate. The Sigma glove review did put me off though, to be honest I felt really disappointed and now I do question her integrity, which I've never done before. It's not because she liked the product, that's fine, but she wasn't the least bit critical, she didn't even TOUCH on the price and the fact that it's over-priced for what it is. That she decided to leave that out of her review entirely makes it obvious she wishes further collaboration with Sigma and wants to stay on their good side. :(
This. I love Emily too. I've always thought she was fair and honest when it came to drugstore and high end products. And she has always mentioned prices and cheaper alternatives until this. And that bothers me because it makes me think that she doesn't want to dis it because it's Sigma, and that's not right.

I understand she is making money off of reviewing the products and obviously the better the reviews are, the more things they will send her. But is that worth her integrity? I always thought she was above that unlike some of the other gurus out there.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Did anyone watch her latest video? I liked it. She admitted that some of the products she was reviewing were 'sent to her' and she made a crack at her 'fake, gigantic eye lashes.' It seems like she is someone who is sensitive to feedback which is really awesome. So many gurus are stuck up and arrogant and I think that Sigma video really effected her, in terms of how people responded. I do think she is very genuine.

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

What do you guys think of the Beauty Broadcast Community thing?

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

Good question. I was wondering when the first person would start to talk about this community thing. However, I clicked on this forum-page once. I need to say that I don't like the layout of this page at all, this is not like the other forums I'm used to.
So far I guess this is just one more alternative to make money and "bond fans". I have an adblocker, but I assume she will have tons of ads on the site...
For me.. I don't like the community. And I have to say, ever since she stayed at home for good, I don't even watch her videos till the end anymore.
I used to be a huge fan and sucked up ever video the hour it came out... but now she just bores the heck out of me.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

SmokeySings wrote:
catcherintherye wrote:I am short and I buy petite. Emily is still basking in her cheerleading glory. No amount of expensive QVC/Sephora make up will look good if your clothes are bad. Why does she have bad taste? Her mother looks classy. Tyler looks ok. Even Kelly looks ok.
Agreed about her still basking in her cheerleading days. And her filming room looks like a cross between a toddler's dress up playroom and a college girl's dorm room. Ick.
Agreed about her mom, her mom looks like truly a classy lady. Maybe Em takes after her dad's side of the family or it skipped a generation. I do not watch her enough, who is Kelly...?

She should just delete the kitchen glove video.
She can't lose any more credibility than she already has..
May be she can't delete it because she has some kind of contract with sigma? ... Idk

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

makeupnewbie wrote:Did anyone watch her latest video? I liked it. She admitted that some of the products she was reviewing were 'sent to her' and she made a crack at her 'fake, gigantic eye lashes.' It seems like she is someone who is sensitive to feedback which is really awesome. So many gurus are stuck up and arrogant and I think that Sigma video really effected her, in terms of how people responded. I do think she is very genuine.
I liked it too. :) And I was glad to see she is capable at laughing at herself. That is the real Emily. This sigma affiliation is giving her a bad rep. I don't see a dent in the number if subscribers though. I was disappointed but I didn't unsubscribe. A lot of people said in comments that they were going to unsubscribe.

Sassycat
Talker
Talker

Post by Sassycat »

I don't know if I like the Beauty Broadcast Community. I signed up for it when she posted about it but it seems like a jumbled mess and has a lot of ads. Haven't been on in a couple days though.

As for her latest video...Whyyyy is Emily of all people making a video about false lashes?! Hers always look so fake and you can see her eyelashes poking through underneath.

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

That's because she's again making money with the fake lashes video for this Daily Gloss blog or whatever it is.
I'm sure she has done at least one other fake lashes video alone in the past year where she talks about exactly the same things, how she puts them on using the Revlon whatever-glue, how she always cleans them off afterwards, and how she aligns them with her eyeliner.
For me the point is reached where I won't unsubscribe yet, but I tend to not watch her videos anymore. I click on them, watch a minute, and then I'm done.

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

Did anyone see this video?

I liked it, but I thought it was SO depressing when she talked about making the news as simple as possible so that it was easily digested by viewers. That says SO much about our pathetic news situation now.

It also might reveal why she's not exactly the best critical thinker and doesn't every question how her purchases were made! (sweatshops, animal testing, etc)

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

I refused to watch that Skype-Video. It bored me to death within the first two minutes.
I just watched her vlog from March 6th. Why does she put Tyler in such embarrassing situations?? When she aims a camera at him he always looks like a deer in the headlights!
And the way she tells him what to say is so humiliating. He always seems to me like a really shy guy who doesn't even dare to look up or look right into the camera.
Besides that her vlog is... boring.
The girl she recommended vlogging.. what do I care what people eat for lunch and dinner on a daily basis???

HellOnHeels
Talker
Talker

Post by HellOnHeels »

I would never take false lash advice from her. We have pointed out countless times how disgusting hers look. Sometimes she doesn't trim them and they bunch up at the corners when she blinks, or she glues them on her freaking LID and not the lash line. I've also noticed she's getting more dislikes on her videos since the glove review.

simmerdown
Learner
Learner

Post by simmerdown »

I don't care for the videos with Tyler either. Not because I find him unlikable, because I don't. But because she's a camera hog, she can't let him talk, and she's bossy. I bet she never lets him forget that she was a new broadcaster and has a following on youtube. And he actually seems really supportive of her, too. She needs to take a step back when she is filming with Tyler and try to make it about them equally and not all about her like she usually does.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

She is in the latest issue of ladies home journal in the make up things I can't live without section. She said ardell lashes. No shit Sherlock!

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

simmerdown wrote:I don't care for the videos with Tyler either. Not because I find him unlikable, because I don't. But because she's a camera hog, she can't let him talk, and she's bossy. I bet she never lets him forget that she was a new broadcaster and has a following on youtube. And he actually seems really supportive of her, too. She needs to take a step back when she is filming with Tyler and try to make it about them equally and not all about her like she usually does.
I very much agree here. It's the same with her -gorgeous- mom. She's always acting like a professional interviewer and completing sentences, nodding importantly and adding if descriptions aren't precise enough.

oh,please
Talker
Talker

Post by oh,please »

catcherintherye wrote: Unless QVC offered her a job, quitting her news job was a bad idea.

I'm starting to wonder if she did quit, or whether it was, shall we say, a mutual decision at a moment when her contract was up for renewal. For a journalist to go on YouTube and endorse products in any way, for any reason, is something of a conflict of interest. It would seem even more tangled when she's an anchorperson, so the vision of her on your computer screen when she's doing the makeup thing is easily confused with the vision of her on your TV screen when she's doing a news thing. It doesn't work, and I'm surprised they actually let her get away with it in the first place.

carolinedb
Learner
Learner

Post by carolinedb »

What was with her in the latest video? Very weird and hyper...

MrsBubbles
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MrsBubbles »

oh,please wrote:
catcherintherye wrote: Unless QVC offered her a job, quitting her news job was a bad idea.

I'm starting to wonder if she did quit, or whether it was, shall we say, a mutual decision at a moment when her contract was up for renewal. For a journalist to go on YouTube and endorse products in any way, for any reason, is something of a conflict of interest. It would seem even more tangled when she's an anchorperson, so the vision of her on your computer screen when she's doing the makeup thing is easily confused with the vision of her on your TV screen when she's doing a news thing. It doesn't work, and I'm surprised they actually let her get away with it in the first place.
It depends. I'm a reporter with a medium sized newspaper, and to quote an old editor's rule: "I don't care if you have sex with elephants so long as you don't write about the circus."

The idea being that reporters can have opinions on or romantic relationships with subjects not related to their beats (areas of coverage.) In fact, many of my paper's reporters blog about other things for the paper's website. This might be different for television reporters who use their face as their brand far more than print journalists.

I've only ever been recognized in public once while waiting in line at a muffin shop. A guy pulled up my twitter profile picture and asked if it was me. It was surprising and slightly awkward. I'd imagine tv reporters are far more recognizable and therefore more image conscious.

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

This latest 5 minute challenge video jarred me.

On the one hand, she looks SO MUCH BETTER without so much crap on.

On the other hand, her application was a mess! So so sloppy!

heyashbutt
Stalker
Stalker

Post by heyashbutt »

Her application was probably so sloppy because this was the first time she's done her makeup in less than five minutes since that video she did a few years ago.

I still don't understand why she feels the need to pack on foundation every day. She has really nice skin. She doesn't need to cover it up. Heck, my skin is far from good and I don't cake on the foundation every day.

She mentioned that she likes to dedicate half an hour to doing her makeup. I'm curious...Is that a normal amount of time? I probably spend 10-20 minutes if I'm doing an entire face. But, I'd rather sleep in those extra 20 minutes so I've perfected the 5 minute face :lol:

simmerdown
Learner
Learner

Post by simmerdown »

I thought the 5 minute video was ok up to the lipstick. I totally disagree with her. If you are going to put on an intense color than you need to be more careful. It doesn't make you look pulled together if the lipstick is sloppy. It is important to line so the color doesn't go all over the place. That finished look was just bad. She would have been better with a lip butter or simple gloss.

Return to “Emilynoel83”