emilynoel83

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: emilynoel83

Post by makeupnewbie »

gigigi wrote:It didn't take her long to upload a new video to get the attention off the oven mitt fiasco.
Haha I thought EXACTLY the same thing! And she also has a new post on her online blog.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

Thanks @ Frito Pie. I watched the video again and here's an observation. I saw her pressing the brush against the mitt in a way that the brush hair fanned out about 90 degrees. She was rubbing it so hard it looked like the brush would never regain its shape. Brushes need to be cleaned gently with your fingers! Not like this. Would you do this to a $40 Mac brush??

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

SmokeySings wrote:Oy..
The first desc box I had read had her telling people to unsubscribe if they want, basically saying see ya!!
Then last night she had 'FAQ'S' about the glove, one being would she honestly spend $40 on, which she did not really answer, she just said something like you know I love my beauty gadgets!, then another question about how she is kind of the drug store queen but is touting this.

And now she is saying those who do not voice their own opinion out of respect shows character.
Umm, she has not shown character already in defense of this, AND she has 'voiced' her own opinion, BUT she is asking others not to voice theirs...??? :?
I didn't thumbs down her video and did not comment on it. Primarily because I didn't want to add to her embarrassment. It's really moronic of her to say this shows character. Absolutely pointless.

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

^^ and why SHOULDN'T people voice their own opinions...? She is basically asking those who do not agree with her to shut their mouths. Not speaking your mind does not equal "character" as she wants her viewers to think. Speaking your mind is sharing your opinion, which she did in this video and could not handle the backlash, I have never seen her respond to so many comments, even less than an hour ago.

And now she is back to Tresemme and other drug store stuff.

anat4ever
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by anat4ever »

While I do think she's not handling this as maturely as she could, this is what the description box says "*A special thank you to people who show respect regardless of where their opinion lies. It shows a lot of character.*" Technically what she's saying is state your opinion respectfully... And her new video is on schedule (every other day). She needs to get over it though. she's still replying to and deleting comments.

supertroll
Informer
Informer

Post by supertroll »

catcherintherye wrote:Thanks @ Frito Pie. I watched the video again and here's an observation. I saw her pressing the brush against the mitt in a way that the brush hair fanned out about 90 degrees. She was rubbing it so hard it looked like the brush would never regain its shape. Brushes need to be cleaned gently with your fingers! Not like this. Would you do this to a $40 Mac brush??
My thought exactly!! I personally won't clean my brushes that way regardless it's a $40 or $4 glove tool, it seems like after a few washes, my brushes will fall apart, but I guess she got all those sigma brushes for free,so it's not a big deal cuz I'm sure they'll resend her something new pretty soon.

As of today's new empties video seems a bit forced, does she really need to throw in your emptied toothpaste in? It seems a little unrelated , I thought it supposed to be beauty related, maybe it's just me

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh! Lmao!! It did not occur to me until I read this. Toothpaste in an empties video. Wtf! I just don't go to YouTube for reviews anymore. If I want to buy something, I look it up on Make up alley.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

anat4ever wrote:While I do think she's not handling this as maturely as she could, this is what the description box says "*A special thank you to people who show respect regardless of where their opinion lies. It shows a lot of character.*" Technically what she's saying is state your opinion respectfully... And her new video is on schedule (every other day). She needs to get over it though. she's still replying to and deleting comments.
I stated an opinion respectfully that I felt she was going away from the old Emily who would have found a cheaper alternative for the glove, and that I felt she was being defensive in her responses. Maybe she didn't realize that's how she was coming off. She didn't approve my comment. I PMed her that was I was a long time subbie and disappointed in her response to the criticism, that putting comments on approval is not a great thing, and I really wanted to know why she didn't approve my comment. She did not reply. She just took her comments off approval.

Deleting comments is a BIG no no. Unless the comment is so out of line there is no reason to delete comments and it's just another thing to make her look bad. Saying she was sponsored is not a new comment, people have been saying it for years in her comments, but she gets mad now and says it's a "bogus accusation" because she has her guard up. Like you said she needs to just move on.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Her make up and hair is so tacky in the wet n wild fergie collection review! Her hair is straight from the 80s and her top screams Wal-Mart. You get good clothes in Wal-Mart! Emily's shitty taste compels her to buy the tackiest of the tacky.

blahhhhh
Learner
Learner

Post by blahhhhh »

catcherintherye wrote:Her make up and hair is so tacky in the wet n wild fergie collection review! Her hair is straight from the 80s and her top screams Wal-Mart. You get good clothes in Wal-Mart! Emily's shitty taste compels her to buy the tackiest of the tacky.
I agree! I buy a lot of clothes from Walmart because I'm obese and that's what fits me. They do have quite an okay collection but Emily seems to select the wrong clothes.

Fat Shark
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fat Shark »

She's stated in other videos she shops in the Juniors department because of her height. I don't know why she doesn't stick to Petites, I guess she likes the cutesy Tshirts in the Juniors section.
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

I am short and I buy petite. Emily is still basking in her cheerleading glory. No amount of expensive QVC/Sephora make up will look good if your clothes are bad. Why does she have bad taste? Her mother looks classy. Tyler looks ok. Even Kelly looks ok.

HellOnHeels
Talker
Talker

Post by HellOnHeels »

catcherintherye wrote:I am short and I buy petite. Emily is still basking in her cheerleading glory. No amount of expensive QVC/Sephora make up will look good if your clothes are bad. Why does she have bad taste? Her mother looks classy. Tyler looks ok. Even Kelly looks ok.
Her mother look so elegant, and I've asked my self the same question. Emily is just a wreck when it comes to fashion/hair/and even makeup with the way she piles it on. :(

tgal789
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tgal789 »

catcherintherye wrote:I am short and I buy petite. Emily is still basking in her cheerleading glory. No amount of expensive QVC/Sephora make up will look good if your clothes are bad. Why does she have bad taste? Her mother looks classy. Tyler looks ok. Even Kelly looks ok.
Agreed about her still basking in her cheerleading days. And her filming room looks like a cross between a toddler's dress up playroom and a college girl's dorm room. Ick.
Agreed about her mom, her mom looks like truly a classy lady. Maybe Em takes after her dad's side of the family or it skipped a generation. I do not watch her enough, who is Kelly...?

She should just delete the kitchen glove video.
She can't lose any more credibility than she already has..

gigigi
Informer
Informer

Post by gigigi »

SmokeySings wrote:
Agreed about her still basking in her cheerleading days. And her filming room looks like a cross between a toddler's dress up playroom and a college girl's dorm room. Ick.
Agreed about her mom, her mom looks like truly a classy lady. Maybe Em takes after her dad's side of the family or it skipped a generation. I do not watch her enough, who is Kelly...?

She should just delete the kitchen glove video.
She can't lose any more credibility than she already has..
Kelly is her sister.

razzledazzle
Informer
Informer

Post by razzledazzle »

Emily is very young and immature, point blank. To go on and on about this video really demonstrates that. She probably lost a lot of sleep over it. I am sure of that, from the way she is carrying on and on about it. I wonder how she acted at work when she made an error or had to be evaluation and it was less than stellar. She crumbles to pieces and it is very weak, in my opinion, to constantly show it and go on and on about it.

Please look at her latest instagram photo with the chipmunk face. It is unreal to me someone would post that. She looks so old, so washed up. If I didn't know, I would say she was in her 40s. Her makeup is so unbecoming. All of the heavy eye looks and fake eyelashes really look horrible. Can she ever just go out with her hair up and minimal makeup? It has to be this major production and show?

Also, thinking about her quitting her job again, what about in 10-15 years when she is in her 40s. She is going to do what?? Still youtube? She is not a long term planner and is very reactionary. I can't believe Tyler gave his approval of this. Imagine being a professional lawyer and telling people his wife does makeup youtube for a living?

ROFLcopter
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ROFLcopter »

I thought she left not only to focus on her channel but also to start a family with Tyler

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

ROFLcopter wrote:I thought she left not only to focus on her channel but also to start a family with Tyler
A few of us thought that too, which would make sense consider it would be hard to have a baby while having to get up at the wee hours for work. She's at a prime age to have children, lives comfortably, and has a good marriage. For all we know they could be trying to have a baby, but obviously they're not going to tell everyone on the internet. We'll just have to wait and see :)

rishka
Talker
Talker

Post by rishka »

I didn't have a problem with this review, definitely not anything I would ever buy, but I was shocked that she didn't even try to find a cheaper alternative. I feel that she always does that.... Like always. But I'm not going to unsubscribe or anything, I just hope she gets some thicker skin and a better attitude in the future about negative criticism.

chatlachance
Learner
Learner

Post by chatlachance »

I'm a fan of Emily, she's actually one of my favorite beauty gurus for many reasons; she seems genuine, nice, sweet, pretty, mature, not obnoxious, is a cat person, good at making reviews and articulate. The Sigma glove review did put me off though, to be honest I felt really disappointed and now I do question her integrity, which I've never done before. It's not because she liked the product, that's fine, but she wasn't the least bit critical, she didn't even TOUCH on the price and the fact that it's over-priced for what it is. That she decided to leave that out of her review entirely makes it obvious she wishes further collaboration with Sigma and wants to stay on their good side. :(

Return to “Emilynoel83”