ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

fantasy
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

Post by fantasy »

Her summer capsule wardrobe video is okay, I actually liked quite a few of the pieces and her style is generally fine with me. Sometimes I feel like she tries way too hard to fit a certain aesthetic and limits herself too much because of that. For example, the pretty red dress from Mango: it was a fun, colorful piece but she decided not to keep it because it was "a bit much" or whatever she said. I think she needs to loosen up a bit.
Also, I'm not trying to be rude but it doesn't look like she works out at all, or maybe her eating habits are so bad that it makes working out pointless for her - she looked so round in the face in her video, and the super loose top wasn't doing her any favors either.

bricolage
Learner
Learner

Post by bricolage »

I randomly found this old blog post of Anna's from 2011 and it says that her sister was best friends with Suzie (Hello October).
http://www.theannaedit.com/the-only-way ... ging-fotd/

Strange because I've never heard Anna and Suzie mention that they knew each other? Anyway, I just found it interesting (and the photos are funny because Anna looks so different to how she looks now!!)

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

bricolage wrote:I randomly found this old blog post of Anna's from 2011 and it says that her sister was best friends with Suzie (Hello October).
http://www.theannaedit.com/the-only-way ... ging-fotd/

Strange because I've never heard Anna and Suzie mention that they knew each other? Anyway, I just found it interesting (and the photos are funny because Anna looks so different to how she looks now!!)
Back then I used to think she looked gorgeous (a tad too tan though) ... how people change sighs

rosemariesue21
Informer
Informer

Post by rosemariesue21 »

she looks so pretty back then, i think long hair suits her well, as for the tan i quite like it, would that of been fake tan or just foundation ?

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Really don't like that tan she used to have, it's cheap/tacky IMO. But the rest of her look even just a couple years ago was better. She was less pretentious with her clothes and more youthful and colourful and relaxed.

Post by Guest »

^ I agree about the orange face looking tacky but each to their own... I also agree she looked so much fresher and radiant 3 or 4 years ago.
On another topic, I've never known the threads here to drag so much before creating a new one, normally a member or Mod would create one after page 41 tops...don't know how to do this, sorry ;)

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Tulips wrote: On another topic, I've never known the threads here to drag so much before creating a new one, normally a member or Mod would create one after page 41 tops...don't know how to do this, sorry ;)
at what point does someone have enough threads to get their own 'section'? does anna deserve one yet?!

Gurubydaygossiperby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gurubydaygossiperby »

Lamour88 wrote:I agree it's obviously Mark with these weird financial constraints. Anna mentioned she felt some pressure to have a great video of the day, and I thought she was going to say she decided she actually didn't want a video made at all. But instead she says 'they' decided it was just too much money. I found that odd. She clearly has NO problem dropping thousands on herself in designer bags, blouses, etc. But when it comes to heating the house and paying for a wedding, suddenly they're frugal. She probably could've easily paid for a video by nixing just one of her more recent luxury purchases.

Again, I like the idea of a small, casual wedding and don't think anything they did was bad if that's what they wanted. I'm just puzzled at the 'too expensive' excuse for some of it.

Also thought it was weird that Mark went into work the day before his wedding-- a wedding that they were hosting at their house! Surely he could've taken just one day off and helped Anna get everything ready.
You know ... I found their whole wedding quite odd too. I did not have a traditional wedding either. My Husband and I were married in another country with a small group of close family & friends. We joke that we eloped with a guest list. Everyone in our lives were invited, I couldn't imagine not inviting your entire family. The whole point of a wedding is about a couple coming together to forge a new family together. Why bother to celebrate your new family together if you do not respect nor honor family?!
If you noticed her Husband does splash out, I think though that he is the sort that only spends where he sees fit to and Anna just goes along to get along.
I think so many have non-traditional weddings regret them to a degree because I think in rejecting societal norms and wanting to be "different" you don't always take the time to sift thru what it is you do and don't want, just reject it all summarily. I know for us we have a very strict (rather small) budget and my now Husband and I really thought seriously about what was the most important to us. I know the only thing I regret is what I wore to my Bridal shower lol

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

I feel kind of uncomfortable about the fact that she mentions sweating/being sweaty soooo often in her videos. Even when she's showing new clothes that she bought, she'll always make sure to add whether the fabric/color shows sweat patches or not :? Like, it's fine, everyone sweats, but for some reason I just feel awkward that she mentions it so often. Does she have a problem with her body odour??

poopraker
Learner
Learner

Post by poopraker »

fantasy wrote:I feel kind of uncomfortable about the fact that she mentions sweating/being sweaty soooo often in her videos. Even when she's showing new clothes that she bought, she'll always make sure to add whether the fabric/color shows sweat patches or not :? Like, it's fine, everyone sweats, but for some reason I just feel awkward that she mentions it so often. Does she have a problem with her body odour??
i think she's doing it to be relatable but overdoes it. in today's video she was talking about jeans giving her sweaty crotch... not that it doesn't happen to people but why mention it? i don't really want to think about her sweaty crotch

bricolage
Learner
Learner

Post by bricolage »

poopraker wrote:
i think she's doing it to be relatable but overdoes it. in today's video she was talking about jeans giving her sweaty crotch... not that it doesn't happen to people but why mention it? i don't really want to think about her sweaty crotch
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this! I swear she mentions sweat or sweating in nearly every video or blog post! I get that it's summer over in the UK but come on. In her NYC haul with Mark she mentioned the sweaty crotch again (in relation to gym leggings), and he gave her a disgusted look - wouldn't you edit that bit out?

Also, the latest vlog/Day in the Life video where she does a bookshelf tour.... yawn. All she ever reads is autobiographies of actors who were in the Office or Parks and Recreation. She's about as deep as a puddle.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

She definitely does it to be ~relatable~ but just looks overdone. I remember in a BeautyChat video she literally talked about how her pubic hair grows super long or something. She think it shows how she's so carefree and real but it just looks stupid. So you're sweating... who cares.

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

Yeah, I agree that she does it to be relatable and real, but I think she overdoes it and it ends up making her seem super gross and dirty. Like when both her and Lily talk about how they hate washing their hair and that it's so greasy. Eww! :x

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

bricolage wrote:
Also, the latest vlog/Day in the Life video where she does a bookshelf tour.... yawn. All she ever reads is autobiographies of actors who were in the Office or Parks and Recreation. She's about as deep as a puddle.
Oh god, I know. She does this on rotation, about eight books. Next time/ last time it will include/ did include Bossy Pants/ Girl Boss.

It baffles me that she thinks she is such a "book worm", when she reads such a limited type/ specific pile of books. It wouldn't kill you to try some fiction, Anna...

Post by Guest »

How many times can a person read Marie Kondo? I mean, there's only so much a person needs to know about folding their socks...

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

She spent £165 on that unflattering jumpsuit?! I just really don't get this girls priorities and am still baffled by her stingy wedding. Those slip ons are also FUGLY

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

this thread is too long now.

NEW
viewtopic.php?f=154&t=32537

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

Lamour88 wrote:She definitely does it to be ~relatable~ but just looks overdone. I remember in a BeautyChat video she literally talked about how her pubic hair grows super long or something. She think it shows how she's so carefree and real but it just looks stupid. So you're sweating... who cares.
omg barf

Drinkswithfifi
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Drinkswithfifi »

I have to say I really admire Anna's confidence. She seems to be comfortable with herself, her choices and happy to wear whatever she wants etc. She might try to be self-deprecating to a certain extent but I've never heard her say anything really negative about herself. Watching that old video back she could have said something about how imperfect her teeth used to be or about her jaw/lisp but she doesn't. As someone who picks themselves apart and is always the first to point out my own flaws it's nice to see.

space_cookie
Debater
Debater

Post by space_cookie »

Drinkswithfifi wrote:I have to say I really admire Anna's confidence. She seems to be comfortable with herself, her choices and happy to wear whatever she wants etc. She might try to be self-deprecating to a certain extent but I've never heard her say anything really negative about herself. Watching that old video back she could have said something about how imperfect her teeth used to be or about her jaw/lisp but she doesn't. As someone who picks themselves apart and is always the first to point out my own flaws it's nice to see.
I actually find Anna bearable in comparison to Lily. Her content is getting stale though, she needs to change it up.

Return to “The Anna Edit”