ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesNothing Part 3

Post by velvet-guru »

she says in the latest vlog that her aunt is one of the best bakers...is this the aunt that didn't get an invite to her wedding? seems like she was ruthless with the guest list :?

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

I love casual small weddings but Dominos pizza for 30 people who were crammed into your tiny living room balancing their butts on whatever flat-ish surface they could find? Girl. It's okay to close a small restaurant for a night for 30 people or ask your parents for a party space if they have a larger house. Good for them for saving for the future and their honeymoon but like a previous poster mentioned, how on earth did this wedding take them months to plan?
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

amirightladies
Learner
Learner

Post by amirightladies »

Just watched her wedding day makeup video. Thank the lord she didn't bother replying her lipstick throughout the day bc that goddamn Chanel Adrienne lipstick looks AWFUL with the Charlotte Tilbury Bette Eyes To Mesmerise eyeshadow.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I agree about the wedding. Come on, rent a nice place, have some music, people eating with appropriate cutlery and having a place to sit and go home.
I don't get this cheapskating and expensive bags and clothes. What the hell.

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

Lime wrote:I love casual small weddings but Dominos pizza for 30 people who were crammed into your tiny living room balancing their butts on whatever flat-ish surface they could find? Girl. It's okay to close a small restaurant for a night for 30 people or ask your parents for a party space if they have a larger house. Good for them for saving for the future and their honeymoon but like a previous poster mentioned, how on earth did this wedding take them months to plan?
They did host their guests in a pretty fancy restaurant during the day for their wedding breakfast though, the dominos was more of an 'after party' event.

r_j07
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by r_j07 »

I agree. I totally understand preferring smaller more intimate weddings and respect cutting costs where you can but that was ridiculous. Having all those people crammed into a tiny flat and having your first dance in the middle of them all sitting on the floor…. It must have been so sweaty and claustrophobic. Just go to the pub or rent a room somewhere cheap if you want to do something affordable! The flat reception was very weird I thought. You can go too far with the spend thriftiness. It looked very mean.

cathie102
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cathie102 »

I just do not get it - I felt really sorry for her in her wedding make up tutorial yesterday. She kept saying she regretted stuff - like not getting an lipliner to match her lipstick etc. It was her wedding day - would it have killed her to spend a bit of money on it!!! Especially her hair - how much is a blow dry? Like £30? Compared to the amount she spends on clothes and so on, did she have to be unreasonably thrifty about her wedding day? I mean, ditch the chloe boots and 14 thousand black designer handbags and treat yourself on your wedding day!
I do have a theory though - many Mark earns less than Anna and he wants to pay half of everything. That explains why they have to budget for their joint expenditure and she can still go mad on her own personal expenditure. It has to be something like that but there's no way she can buy those ugly chloe boots but not turn the heating on in the house when it's freezing.

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

r_j07 wrote:I agree. I totally understand preferring smaller more intimate weddings and respect cutting costs where you can but that was ridiculous. Having all those people crammed into a tiny flat and having your first dance in the middle of them all sitting on the floor…. It must have been so sweaty and claustrophobic. Just go to the pub or rent a room somewhere cheap if you want to do something affordable! The flat reception was very weird I thought. You can go too far with the spend thriftiness. It looked very mean.
Yeah they could have had a low key wedding in a smaller venue or something, they clearly have the money for it. I'm shocked actually that they chose to be so cheap when it came to their wedding which is such a special day for a couple, but Anna doesn't even think twice before buying her next designer bag :?

a_stranger_thing
Learner
Learner

Post by a_stranger_thing »

All these negative comments are exactly what's wrong with wedding culture today. A wedding is one day, so why spend a ridiculous sum of money? A fancy wedding does not make a good marriage.

I thought there wedding looked lovely, I loved the low-key vibe. I don't get all the comments about 'can't believe they didn't invite aunties and uncles'. If I was having a small wedding, I'd much rather have friends than extended family. Just because they are related to you does not mean you have to invite them, especially if you're the one paying for it all. Maybe it was easier to have no aunties, than just 1. Why didn't they hire a bigger venue etc? Well venues are bloody expensive and a house party seemed a lot more Anna and Mark, especially if you're having a small number of guests. Re. the pizza, 10 large pizzas for 29 people seems decent. For all we know they asked around to get orders in and some of the guests weren't that hungry. Also, I could image a videographer feeling completely intrusive and not at all incognito with only 29 guests.

From what I've seen of Anna and Mark's videos is that they aren't into anything overly fancy. Yes Anna likes a designer splurge but they seem a pretty down to earth couple who aren't bothered about a lot of fuss. And I thought the wedding suited them well.

starredream
Talker
Talker

Post by starredream »

amirightladies wrote:Just watched her wedding day makeup video. Thank the lord she didn't bother replying her lipstick throughout the day bc that goddamn Chanel Adrienne lipstick looks AWFUL with the Charlotte Tilbury Bette Eyes To Mesmerise eyeshadow.
mte, that lipstick is too cool for such a warm eyeshadow!

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

fantasy wrote:it!!! Especially her hair - how much is a blow dry? Like £30? Compared to the amount she spends on clothes and so on, did she have to be unreasonably thrifty about her wedding day? I mean, ditch the chloe boots and 14 thousand black designer handbags and treat yourself on your wedding day!
Who is to say that they did not treat themselves and have a lovely wedding day, all because they didn't appear to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds? Not so long ago in the UK, getting married at your local register office and having a party at home was the norm. A wedding isn't about showing off how much disposable income you have.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

She is so so so so boring and ordinary. WHY does she get the traffic that we does on her youtube videos? I can't understand it.

Yes I know being relatable and down to earth is nice, but her every one of her videos is a snorefest.

cathie102
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cathie102 »

liseppe wrote:fantasy wrote:
it!!! Especially her hair - how much is a blow dry? Like £30? Compared to the amount she spends on clothes and so on, did she have to be unreasonably thrifty about her wedding day? I mean, ditch the chloe boots and 14 thousand black designer handbags and treat yourself on your wedding day!

Who is to say that they did not treat themselves and have a lovely wedding day, all because they didn't appear to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds? Not so long ago in the UK, getting married at your local register office and having a party at home was the norm. A wedding isn't about showing off how much disposable income you have.
I didn't mean spend hundreds of thousands of pounds - I dont think anyone in this forum is saying they should have had a wedding like Lilys or like the standard. I think what people are trying to say is that you only get one day to be a bride, and I think small weddings are absolutely lovely but certain aspects of theirs seemed overly tight. On the whole though it did seem like a nice day!

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Post by mt_1980 »

tbh, I think she wasn't trying to be thrifty with her wedding. She was probably too lazy to plan anything so made it seem like they wanted to be that low key.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

mt_1980 wrote:h, I think she wasn't trying to be thrifty with her wedding. She was probably too lazy to plan anything so made it seem like they wanted to be that low key.

mt_1980
Learner
Learner

Have to disagree, I think some of the comments here are people being rude for the sake of being rude.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

she regrets not getting a lip liner for her wedding day?? if she didn't declutter her makeup every 5 minutes, she'd have one wtf. never heard of a beauty vlogger who didn't have a friggin pink lip liner on hand.

peanutella
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by peanutella »

Makeup is her job, how did she not have a lipliner? Plus I'm sure Lily would have had one in her purse lol.
Non.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

can't even stand when her boring-ass capsule videos come up in my recommended videos. she has no style, none what so ever. where does she get the confidence to think she can possibly give people advice on what to wear with her triangle hair and two equipment silk shirts?

wattm017-318
Learner
Learner

Post by wattm017-318 »

she looks like a sunlounger in that jumpsuit

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Can we talk about the horrendous red mules ? And those hideous jeans ? Anna, whoever told you that these pieces were flattering on you blatantly LIED and you should no longer consider these people as friends !

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Return to “The Anna Edit”