Estee Lalonde part 16

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estee Lalonde part 16

Post by fancyvagabond »

Her hair is atrocious. She needs to give up on the middle part and the blonde. Also those shoes are an abomination.

People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

fancyvagabond wrote:Her hair is atrocious. She needs to give up on the middle part and the blonde. Also those shoes are an abomination.

Might as well wear a wig. Her hair looks so dry and fried. How she manages to look like a middle aged housewife with everything over priced is beyond :(

lippies79
Talker
Talker

Post by lippies79 »

Today's video is an ad for Shiseido foundation. She's trying to show how well the foundation lasts after a crazy busy day. Her day: walking Reggie, going to the grocery store, getting her hair done, dinner out with friends. OMG so busy! I don't know how she does it! I'm tired just watching her! She definitely sold me on that foundation, lasts through grocery shopping AND dinner out! Wow.

cheesejustridiculous
Talker
Talker

Post by cheesejustridiculous »

the full 30 seconds of her looking at herself in the mirror and smiling, and looking, and smiling, were too much for me. I mean, what great powerful feminist content right there. A foundation !! a "busy" day that is a lazy day for normal people! Wow!

lanes410
Talker
Talker

Post by lanes410 »

This vlog from just 2 years ago, she seems like a TOTALLY DIFFERENT person. She is so much more happy, bright, genuine, at ease, and real in this! She seems vibrant and like she has a freaking personality and isn't a rich robot. Ughhh.

She mentioned this vlog in her snapchat the other day too. Don't you realize what you've become Estee?!

[video][/video]

Post by Guest »

Today's video is an ad for Shiseido foundation. She's trying to show how well the foundation lasts after a crazy busy day. Her day: walking Reggie, going to the grocery store, getting her hair done, dinner out with friends. OMG so busy! I don't know how she does it! I'm tired just watching her! She definitely sold me on that foundation, lasts through grocery shopping AND dinner out! Wow.
she's already deleted most of the comments about that

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

LOL forever, that is essentially a relaxing weekend day for me. I guess it's all subjective, but as someone who leaves the house at 6:30am and gets home around 7 oclock after busting my a** all day working and actually contributing to society, having that be a busy day is so cute. They should slap that foundation on me, if anything lasts until the mid-afternoon (where I am usually horrified at the state of my reflection in the work bathroom mirror) it's a winner.

laura-palmer
Debater
Debater

Post by laura-palmer »

cheesejustridiculous wrote:the full 30 seconds of her looking at herself in the mirror and smiling, and looking, and smiling, were too much for me. I mean, what great powerful feminist content right there. A foundation !! a "busy" day that is a lazy day for normal people! Wow!
that part was the absolute worst. just soulless, and so awkward.

findingdory
Learner
Learner

Post by findingdory »

I couldn't get through the latest foundation video. It reminded me of watching a cartoon character kissing themselves until they became one with the mirror :ninja: :ninja:

sharn
Learner
Learner

Post by sharn »

Her hair makes her look even more tired, her hair stylist must hate her, there can be no other explanation for that. I'm all for blonde hair but god that color is awful.

And that kind of artistic filming style might look cool but it is an ad and I want to see what the product actually does. I'm quite interested in the foundation but from that angle all I could see was that it did not cover anything.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

sharn
Learner
Learner

Post by sharn »

Oh btw I hope they're not planning to get viewers by pulling sacconejolys. I absolutely hate drama, and feel embarassed when I see intimate moments on vlogs. What I love to see is videos like their first vlogmas. Dog park, furniture shows and photo exhibitions with occasional cooking and domestic stuff. Aslan is a knowitall and definitely does not know it all bit at least have some interest and Estee used to look interested. There are tons of vloggers who constantly buy the same handbags and cry in front of the camera. That kind of stuff will definitely make me unsub.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

empress of
Learner
Learner

Post by empress of »

fancyvagabond wrote:I find the fact that they mentioned it only to say it's something they can't talk about the most telling part, rather than their facial expressions.

At the end of the day, if you don't want to talk about something, you don't mention it in the first place. But they did mention it only so they can say they can't talk about it. Very passive aggressive.
this is a good point. they went out of their way to include that moment -- estee's face darkening and tightening up, looking down, aslan suddenly turning solemn. the moment was edited in to gain sympathy points, otherwise it wouldn't have been included at all -- why bother, if it's such a sensitive topic that it can't be talked about?

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

lol at her busy day video :rofl:

when she walks into the grocery store and talking on the phone. COME ON! that clearly was staged! :rofl:

and yeah, come on guys, who doesn't have a boyfriend/girlfriend/friend FILMING us on a busy day? :roll: most of the camera's angles must habe taken a few times to get right. what a staged cringe fest!

this video would have been MUCH more genuine if she was vlogging the day a bit, every now and then checking in and giving ACTUAL information about the foundation's longevity and how it does.

and i also agree with fancyvagabond: if you cannot talk about, then leave it entirely. saying you cannot talk about it is always such an attention seeking tool imo. just say you have a rough time atm and thats it.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

what i liked though is that she said she is working with shiseido for this video. people in the comments like it, too. i wish she was even more upfront with collaborations and ads. see, essie, doesn't hurt to be more honest!

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

Owli wrote:what i liked though is that she said she is working with shiseido for this video. people in the comments like it, too. i wish she was even more upfront with collaborations and ads. see, essie, doesn't hurt to be more honest!
That's hardly something people should be thanking her for in the comments though. "Thanks for not being a con artist Estee we really appreciate it!!!" Like, really? She's legally obligated to do this and also it's common decency. Yet she lies about compensation at least half of the time and has gotten rich in the process.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

yes, she has to put "ad" in the title, however, i liked how she addressed it in the video, too. babysteps, but steps.

Ykata
Learner
Learner

Post by Ykata »

Estee is in Canada for her grandfather funeral and Aslan did not come with her. It is strange that for such a long relationship your partner does not come for your grandfather's funeral... Maybe the other thing they cannot say is about Aslan...

SoSojamie
Learner
Learner

Post by SoSojamie »

Aslan may have stayed home because Reggie is not well. Personally if our dog was that ill and without any real understanding as to why, I would prefer my husband to stay home rather than to accompany me overseas for a grandparent's funeral (where I would have all the rest of my family to support me anyway).

I feel sorry for Estee lately, she is going through a lot.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Sorry but I love that everyone calls him "Assland". You guys are the best. :tu: :rofl:

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

Well Estee is her usual vile self in her latest videos. Firstly, her Shiseido ad. She stares at her weird, vacant expression in the mirror for ages and tells us how the foundation has a ''Sensing technology that synchronises with your skin to be completely undetectable.'' What?! Is that what she was paid to say?!

Her idea of a busy day is hilarious too. This girl would die from shock is she ever had to do any REAL work. And her hair. What the actual fuck is going on with her hair? It just gets worse and worse. The colour is patchy and uneven and looks like she's done it herself. Larry must be an evil genius charging Estee as much as he does for that mess. And the side part. It makes her head look weird! She looks like a fluffy chicken that just hatched.

Oh and don't get me started on the dumbass mini onions who commented on this video. They act like she's a god because she actually said she 'worked with' Shiseido for once at the start of the vid. Big fucking deal. it doesn't change the fact that she's still lazy. Her content is uninspired and irrelevant. All she knows how to do is cash in on brand deals. She can't even test or review makeup properly. The video was as fake as her lashes. Which are HORRENDOUS by the way. My god she looks like a stripper.

Her vlog from the Glamour awards was equally dire. She didn't even take her vlogging camera for god's sake. She decides to film on her iphone because her camera wouldn't fit into her purse. Well, take a bigger purse then you idiot Estee! What an amateur. Isn't this supposed to be your job?! And that Self Portrait outfit made her look short and chunky. What a disaster. She's so smug all the time now. It's sickening.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”