CutiePieMarzia - Part 4

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: CutiePieMarzia - Part 4

Post by meowlizzz »

Well I watched his last vlog and now I'm thinking maybe it has to do with the fact that they were fucking around with a cop car. Wtf.

Then I watched Marzia's Girls Day Out vlog and she said in it:
"Right now I'm looking at hotels for tomorrow because exciting things! We're gonna travel all together somewhere. [Which turned out to be Las Vegas] You will see a vlog from there and that actually means that this is not the last video but after this there's gonna be a break and in two days you're gonna get a hello video because it's a new place that we're gonna visit. And then the vlogs will start again next week."

I don't really understand what she's saying. I guess she's taking breaks? Maybe Felix decided to do the same

nora_90
Learner
Learner

Post by nora_90 »

I don't think it has something to do with the dogs ore the relationship, marzia was posting happy pictures on instagram after he said it..

it probably has something to do with his youtube channel...

Leia_ITA
Talker
Talker

Post by Leia_ITA »

I think is something work related
Or probably about people who found out where they're living. Felix was so pissed. Maybe they'll have to change again house in la.

I'm pretty sure it's not about the pugs.

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by vivaglam »

In todays vlog she poured almond milk into an electric kettle because she wanted to warm it :rofl: omg I have no words.

idontknow

Post by idontknow »

He said in his vlog that he can't do daily vlogs anymore and that he's basically miserable making them and that they feel extremely forced and like they're only doing fun things for the vlogs and not to actually enjoy the experience. I'm pretty sure that was the announcement.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

idontknow wrote:He said in his vlog that he can't do daily vlogs anymore and that he's basically miserable making them and that they feel extremely forced and like they're only doing fun things for the vlogs and not to actually enjoy the experience. I'm pretty sure that was the announcement.
Weird, because he has said something similar before but emphasized that he liked vlogging despite being stressed. Still, he should do vlogging when he's doing something fun. Not when he's working and miserable.

Anyway, back to Marzia. These vlogs only reveal to me the leisurely life she has. (Not that I expected anything more or anything else.) Must be nice.

Post by Guest »

^
^
but you shouldve expected he is trying hard to make the vlog entertaining , he buys new things everyday ( tiny drone, raspberry pi , that device that shots fire etc ) but I like how he is being honest with the viewers that he doesnt want to force-vlog
maybe it was nice at the beginning but he have a show that takes LOTS of energy to shoot and manage the revelmode stuff as well ( like he said ) must be really tiring him
Marzia didnt upload a thing, maybe she is chilling because there is no more competition with Felix "^^

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

Marzia isn't going to daily vlog the rest of the LA trip either apparently. I don't mind. At least she and Felix are being honest in saying they want to just enjoy their time together instead of recording every waking moment and forcing themselves to go do "fun" things all the time. I personally have no clue how daily vloggers do it (like itsjudystime). It would just get really old really fast.

Miss Nothing

Post by Miss Nothing »

vanillafilter wrote:Marzia isn't going to daily vlog the rest of the LA trip either apparently. I don't mind. At least she and Felix are being honest in saying they want to just enjoy their time together instead of recording every waking moment and forcing themselves to go do "fun" things all the time. I personally have no clue how daily vloggers do it (like itsjudystime). It would just get really old really fast.
Marzia and Felix are such boring people. They can't even spend a few weeks pretending not to be.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

I think she could have continued them. She vlogs well, despite the lack of excitement. I felt like she quit just because Felix quit. Idc though. They should enjoy the rest of their time in LA without the cameras.

Post by Guest »

^
^
BUT if Felix feels that stressed I think its good thing to do for him since he`ll be in it :)
besides, she said she`ll vlog for 2 weeks and she did ! I dont care if she didnt vlog the rest of the month :?

tuskvegas
Informer
Informer

Post by tuskvegas »

KittyGussip wrote:^
^
BUT if Felix feels that stressed I think its good thing to do for him since he`ll be in it :)
besides, she said she`ll vlog for 2 weeks and she did ! I dont care if she didnt vlog the rest of the month :?
I have a feeling she'll vlog this and that, and put together one big vlog when she gets back, same with felix. honestly they should have done that to begin with.

oatmealodyssey
Stalker
Stalker

Post by oatmealodyssey »

Okay, big rant here.

So, I've been watching Marzia since 2012. I originally found her very down-to-earth and and kind-hearted, and I enjoyed her style in the early days (before it became so frumpy and tacky in my opinion). She wasn't some high-end beauty guru. She felt like an average girl sharing her interests and style with other average girls.

As her YouTube career and wealth has progressed, however, I find her increasingly out-of-touch and elite. She lives in the lap of luxury and leads such a leisurely lifestyle that borders on being absurd. She and Felix are obviously very rich, they own their own flat in England, they are both self-employed at a very young age, they travel all around the world and go on vacations almost monthly, and Marzia spends all of her time cooking, shopping and spending endless on things, staying at home watching TV, playing with makeup. It's not like she's a bad person for being privileged, but it has made her increasingly harder to relate to for me. She seems to live in this little bubble of insane privilege that is making her seem less and less like the humble young lady she was when I first started watching, and even back then she was pretty well-off living with her parents and being provided for as they took care of both her and her boyfriend.

The one thing that I will criticize her on when it comes to her privilege is how she does very little with her life besides a few mediocre pet projects here and there. Her Purgatory series, her book, and her clothing line are all mediocre efforts. They are the result of someone with basic talent getting to do cool stuff because they're wealthy and famous and have access to more opportunities than the average person with way more talent. The only reason she's so self-employed and wealthy at such a young age is because she met Pewdiepie. I know she's sick of hearing that, but it's true and she needs to be honest about it. She has admitted that before him she barely ever used the internet at all, and she only created a YouTube account and started making videos after they started dating. She has access to endless resources and wealth by the sheerest of luck -- because she started dating a YouTube who would become famous -- and she could literally do anything with it. She could be anything. But instead, she spends her days showing off her clothes she buys and cooking food. She's recently started taking an online interior design class, which made me happy, but I'd like to see her actually working hard to improve her skills. Instead, she seems to want constant validation that's she so amazing and talented as is. And I'd also like to see someone with her kind of privilege do some real philanthropy work and charity fundraisers, and it's disappointing how little she actually tries to give back and raise money for good causes.

This kind of makes her even more difficult to relate to for me on top of constantly being whiny and complaining about every single bit of criticism she gets, literally crying over it (she once said she "cried her eyes out all morning" because someone said her giveaways seemed rigged), seeming obsessed wit her physical appearance refusing to ever have a single bad picture or show the right side of her face, and constantly wanting attention every single time the girl so much as has a cold. She quite frankly just comes off as more and more spoiled and self-absorbed.

So, yeah... I guess you can say I'm, um, pretty disillusioned with her.

*end rant*

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

oatmealodyssey wrote:Okay, big rant here.

So, I've been watching Marzia since 2012. I originally found her very down-to-earth and and kind-hearted, and I enjoyed her style in the early days (before it became so frumpy and tacky in my opinion). She wasn't some high-end beauty guru. She felt like an average girl sharing her interests and style with other average girls.

As her YouTube career and wealth has progressed, however, I find her increasingly out-of-touch and elite. She lives in the lap of luxury and leads such a leisurely lifestyle that borders on being absurd. She and Felix are obviously very rich, they own their own flat in England, they are both self-employed at a very young age, they travel all around the world and go on vacations almost monthly, and Marzia spends all of her time cooking, shopping and spending endless on things, staying at home watching TV, playing with makeup. It's not like she's a bad person for being privileged, but it has made her increasingly harder to relate to for me. She seems to live in this little bubble of insane privilege that is making her seem less and less like the humble young lady she was when I first started watching, and even back then she was pretty well-off living with her parents and being provided for as they took care of both her and her boyfriend.

The one thing that I will criticize her on when it comes to her privilege is how she does very little with her life besides a few mediocre pet projects here and there. Her Purgatory series, her book, and her clothing line are all mediocre efforts. They are the result of someone with basic talent getting to do cool stuff because they're wealthy and famous and have access to more opportunities than the average person with way more talent. The only reason she's so self-employed and wealthy at such a young age is because she met Pewdiepie. I know she's sick of hearing that, but it's true and she needs to be honest about it. She has admitted that before him she barely ever used the internet at all, and she only created a YouTube account and started making videos after they started dating. She has access to endless resources and wealth by the sheerest of luck -- because she started dating a YouTube who would become famous -- and she could literally do anything with it. She could be anything. But instead, she spends her days showing off her clothes she buys and cooking food. She's recently started taking an online interior design class, which made me happy, but I'd like to see her actually working hard to improve her skills. Instead, she seems to want constant validation that's she so amazing and talented as is. And I'd also like to see someone with her kind of privilege do some real philanthropy work and charity fundraisers, and it's disappointing how little she actually tries to give back and raise money for good causes.

This kind of makes her even more difficult to relate to for me on top of constantly being whiny and complaining about every single bit of criticism she gets, literally crying over it (she once said she "cried her eyes out all morning" because someone said her giveaways seemed rigged), seeming obsessed wit her physical appearance refusing to ever have a single bad picture or show the right side of her face, and constantly wanting attention every single time the girl so much as has a cold. She quite frankly just comes off as more and more spoiled and self-absorbed.

So, yeah... I guess you can say I'm, um, pretty disillusioned with her.

*end rant*
Love your post :tu: welcome to the forum! I agree with everything you said.

That's a thing that bothers me as well. I know we/people can have endless arguments about it - about whether it's realistic, about what we do and don't know, all I know is that if I didn't HAVE to work (and could work for fun) and had the money they have, I would be spending a lot more time on trying to make the world a better place, and it bothers me when people don't. I know everyone is different, but that's me expressing how I feel.

I'm not saying she has to make any political stances or fly to a Third World country every week, but there's so much she can do that's well inbetween doing THAT and doing what she's doing now. Volunteering at shelters, homes, events - starting up or funding projects for animal welfare, poverty right there in England or in Italy, children in foster care.

I realize you can't win with that stuff... I mean even Angelina Jolie, who goes well above and beyond with activism, is questioned as to whether or not she is genuine or does enough - it'd just be nice to see her once in a while worrying about the world around her instead of doodling to keep herself busy.

She has the opportunity to make a difference and show people what that looks like and it's too bad she doesn't see that.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by vivaglam »

I think the main reason Marzia is so self absorbed is because, to put it bluntly, she just in't intelligent. Smart people always want to learn more, they strive to improve and push themselves, but she is too shallow and dumb to think about anything other than what she's going to buy next. Every project she's done, she's had little involvement with. Even her friend Diazo is the one who does all the illustrating on her art projects. I guess the difference between Marzia and other youtubers is that she doesn't have to make any effort to keep her channel relevant because she's pewdiepies girlfriend. If she wasn't linked to him, her channel wouldn't even have a million subs and would be sinking fast with the shoddy effort she puts in. And most people only watch her vlogs to see him and their 'goals' relationship, without him she wouldn't be travelling to all these places anyway.

It does seem like the more money they've amassed, the more out of touch with reality she's become. She doesn't give any thought to anything because she doesn't have to. She's totally self obsessed, just a scroll through her instagram will tell you that. Every picture she has her head titled slightly to the left, with a big fake smile showing off her new granny dentures. She's a total robot. Everything she's shown any interest in previously, like ethical clothing or learning a musical instrument, she just doesn't have the attention span to keep it up and runs off to watch netflix instead. The only thing I would say she has any talent at is decorating their home. Even her basic cooking skills are terrible (this is the girl who used an electric kettle to heat up almond milk) but she thinks she's amazing at it. I think generally, youtubers begin to believe all the adoring comments they receive on a daily basis and think they are special and unique. It seems to have all gone to her head lately.

But I agree, I would love to see her do some charitable work, talk about feminism, just do something that has a bit of depth to it. Even Tanya Burr who is one of the most air headed people on youtube has managed to do some charity projects and speak about eduction for girls. But none of these things will happen with Marzia because she simply isn't interested in anything other than consumerism and looking pretty.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

It's so interesting to see the contrast between Marzia and Felix as they've gotten more and more money and become more famous. Felix seems the same but Marzia has changed a lot (he continues to work hard even though he's #1, Marzia is like the opposite trajectory). I feel like the only reason she tries to keep up her youtube channel is so she has something to do to pull her own weight so she can stay with Felix. I doubt he would want to stay with her if she didn't work or go to school, who wants a stay at home girlfriend? And he probably feels obligated to stay with her since she was with him before the money and fame.

Jolteon
Talker
Talker

Post by Jolteon »

I think she quit vlogging out of respect for Pewds tbh. If Pewds quit because he got sick of being in front of the camera all day then imagine having to deal with Marzia vlogging around the house when you're trying to get some peace and quiet. I think she did a good thing by just quitting while he's under stress. :( And her making him stuff to eat was kind of sweet.

I like that she's stuck it out with her interior designing course. If she's almost finished (she's on module 9 out of a total of 12) then maybe she can branch out and do more professional interior design projects that might make her vlogs/YT channel a little more enjoyable.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

vivaglam wrote:I think the main reason Marzia is so self absorbed is because, to put it bluntly, she just in't intelligent. Smart people always want to learn more, they strive to improve and push themselves, but she is too shallow and dumb to think about anything other than what she's going to buy next. Every project she's done, she's had little involvement with. Even her friend Diazo is the one who does all the illustrating on her art projects. I guess the difference between Marzia and other youtubers is that she doesn't have to make any effort to keep her channel relevant because she's pewdiepies girlfriend. If she wasn't linked to him, her channel wouldn't even have a million subs and would be sinking fast with the shoddy effort she puts in. And most people only watch her vlogs to see him and their 'goals' relationship, without him she wouldn't be travelling to all these places anyway.

It does seem like the more money they've amassed, the more out of touch with reality she's become. She doesn't give any thought to anything because she doesn't have to. She's totally self obsessed, just a scroll through her instagram will tell you that. Every picture she has her head titled slightly to the left, with a big fake smile showing off her new granny dentures. She's a total robot. Everything she's shown any interest in previously, like ethical clothing or learning a musical instrument, she just doesn't have the attention span to keep it up and runs off to watch netflix instead. The only thing I would say she has any talent at is decorating their home. Even her basic cooking skills are terrible (this is the girl who used an electric kettle to heat up almond milk) but she thinks she's amazing at it. I think generally, youtubers begin to believe all the adoring comments they receive on a daily basis and think they are special and unique. It seems to have all gone to her head lately.

But I agree, I would love to see her do some charitable work, talk about feminism, just do something that has a bit of depth to it. Even Tanya Burr who is one of the most air headed people on youtube has managed to do some charity projects and speak about eduction for girls. But none of these things will happen with Marzia because she simply isn't interested in anything other than consumerism and looking pretty.
And her latest video being "My Holiday Favourites Box." after we're having this discussion just irks me all the more.

You can be a lifestyle blogger, you can not express your political opinion, and still incorporate a positive change to the world into your message. You don't even have to call yourself anything - left or right, even feminist (I mean I'd like everyone to call themselves that but I understand it's touchy on the internet at the moment and we're not all ready to take the backlash). Just do something that isn't about the self for a change. Just one thing. And make it look as nice as you make doing nothing look, so young girls can realize it's cool to be a good person.

But she's too busy making her life look better than it probably is.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by meowlizzz »

This is a great discussion, you guys. I agree that she is out of touch and unrelatable. People probably only like to watch her because she is "goals". She seems to be living in her own world of luxury and leisure. I imagine this is what its like for many young and wealthy women like her. And she only brings a lot of mind-numbing content to youtube. It's escapism for people that don't have what she has. Everything she creates is very superficial, which makes it all the more frustrating if you're looking for content with a bit more substance. Most of her videos are "look at this cute thing I bought/created/enjoy" and nothing more. I used to like her videos on fashion and whatnot, but everything is the same. She has nothing that is truly interesting to offer :/

cheezupie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezupie »

Not sure if this was ever brought up before but does anyone else find it weird that a person like Marzia would actually move out of her family home and go live in a foreign country with a guy she barely knew?
While I know many people who could potentially do that, I just find that it goes very much against the picture she paints of herself - this socially awkward anxious person who was too shy to even talk during their first date and would communicate through notes written on paper.
How they ended up together is still a mystery to me.

Return to “CutiePieMarzia”