Stephanie Nicole

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stephanie Nicole

Post by Mayhemisphere »

MissDelusional wrote:I reckon it's a LOT of backlash over the Kylie video and I don't know that any of us could truly say we would handle it differently.
When I've gotten hate and insults online I mostly laugh it off, BUT there ARE times where I'm dealing with things that make me feel vulnerable.
We don't know what's going on in her personal life. I do know she works like a demon AND takes the time to mentor a young lady each week. That's class, shows she's not stuck up her own asshole.

THIS. A million times.

And here's the thing. Do these idiots know that they've just proven every little point Steph was trying to make?

Looks like the joke is on them, not her.

:tu: :respekt:

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I have to disagree. Stephanie made an instructed video and she should let the video speak for itself! Who's hating on her? Any regular person would stick by Stephanie side. She provided information, did an interesting research before stating her opinion. People hating on her are young deluded girls who are in love with Kylie and don't want to believe they saved their pocket money for months to get a cheap product. How is she going to act when she gets a thread in Guru Gossip? But each to their own!

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW »

One of the reasons I dislike some beauty gurus is because they delete and block people who criticise them, so I do appreciate that Steph is addressing that situation. Of course, the people leaving negative and mean comments on her Kylie lip kits video aren't making valid points about the product, they're butthurt that someone dared to call out their fave. Her calling out the trolls doesn't bother me at all, I actually appreciate it.
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

Not to derail this conversation but I am hoping you guys can help me. Stephanie in some video somewhere (or maybe it was on instagram) talked about her glasses. They're Tom Ford sunglasses she had converted. Does anyone remember where I could find the info? It wasn't her what's in my purse video. Thanks so much!

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

Moe77 wrote:Not to derail this conversation but I am hoping you guys can help me. Stephanie in some video somewhere (or maybe it was on instagram) talked about her glasses. They're Tom Ford sunglasses she had converted. Does anyone remember where I could find the info? It wasn't her what's in my purse video. Thanks so much!

Gah, I can't remember which it was.

But to be honest, I just clicked there and she's reviewing all of the 12-pan Viseart palettes ... :love2: :love2: :love2: (they're the only reason I made VIB this year - I'm gettin' ready for that damn sale)

I'll have a look through later on for you :)

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nina84 »

If you're talking about the ones she wears on the VIB sale haul, they're TF Nastasya ones. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/tom-ford-na ... L1J_DzsPsg

Moe77
Informer
Informer

Post by Moe77 »

Thank you guys so much!!! Its irritating me that I can't figure out which video it was though cause she gave a little spiel about them. I swear I JUST watched it. Grrrrr....lol

facepainter
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by facepainter »

I loved her videos about Morphe and the Kykie lip kits, so I began watching her other videos but she started to annoy me quickly. I honestly can't stand her voice. It's very monotone. She sounds bored and unhappy most of the time. I don't know, her personality just comes off as very negative. I would watch videos of hers only if she reviews a product or brand I'm interested in but I can't see myself keeping up with her videos regularly.

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

She's an acquired taste.

8-)

bubblezzlovesvictor
Learner
Learner

Post by bubblezzlovesvictor »

facepainter wrote:I loved her videos about Morphe and the Kykie lip kits, so I began watching her other videos but she started to annoy me quickly. I honestly can't stand her voice. It's very monotone. She sounds bored and unhappy most of the time. I don't know, her personality just comes off as very negative. I would watch videos of hers only if she reviews a product or brand I'm interested in but I can't see myself keeping up with her videos regularly.
My thoughts exactly. And I know she knows her stuff when it comes to ingredients and products but she acts like kind of a smart-ass sometimes. I mean realistically nobody cares if 1 eyeshadow palette has 0.2 grams more product than the other

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

bubblezzlovesvictor wrote:
facepainter wrote:I loved her videos about Morphe and the Kykie lip kits, so I began watching her other videos but she started to annoy me quickly. I honestly can't stand her voice. It's very monotone. She sounds bored and unhappy most of the time. I don't know, her personality just comes off as very negative. I would watch videos of hers only if she reviews a product or brand I'm interested in but I can't see myself keeping up with her videos regularly.
My thoughts exactly. And I know she knows her stuff when it comes to ingredients and products but she acts like kind of a smart-ass sometimes. I mean realistically nobody cares if 1 eyeshadow palette has 0.2 grams more product than the other

I actually do care about the size of the product in relation to the cost. Take TheBalm's "Meet Matt(e)" palettes - they contain a LOT of product compared to similar palettes at the same price point. I know it might sound anal, but price per ounce/gram is a huge factor when I'm deciding what to buy. Know what I mean?

(I love her smart-assness ;) )

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW »

I love her smart-assness too! You know what they say "If you've got it, flaunt it". Some people don't have brains, so they flaunt their "assets" (I'm looking at you, Kim K). Steph is smart - I hardly think she has to dumb herself down just so that special snowflakes won't feel bad.
P.S.: This is a rave thread. You don't like her voice or you don't care for her videos? Go make a trash thread. YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

I don't mind her smart assness as well. I'm so tired about vapid advertising beauty vloggers ""reviewing"" a product by its color or nice packaging. Steph once said something along the lines of - it's real money we worked for and she wants to make sure we have all the information about the product before making a decision whether to purchase or not (sorry english isn't my first language I'm having some trouble phrasing my thoughts lol). And that's exactly what I expect from a beauty vlogger : give out useful info and real reviews.

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

Her video today with Jenin ... I was a blubbering mess at times.

I love this woman. Shit, I want to be like Stephanie Nicole when I grow up!

hotpotato1
Learner
Learner

Post by hotpotato1 »

Ooh boy I've been waiting for Stef's Jeffree review and it sure didn't disappoint! I have so much respect for her as a youtuber and reviewer. It was harsh but fair and truthful. Massive kudos that she didn't monetise the video either knowing the potential for it to get mass hate-views. :tu: Jeffree is a nasty, nasty man.

BKiddo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BKiddo »

I gotta applaud the bowl of truth soup she just served Jeffree Star. That was bold and she might get slammed for it but she's too smart to care. :respekt: :respekt: :respekt:
I just really, really hate bullshit.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Mayhemisphere wrote:Her video today with Jenin ... I was a blubbering mess at times.

I love this woman. Shit, I want to be like Stephanie Nicole when I grow up!
Oh, yes'm ! I rarely cry, but that had me in tears.
I'm hoping she's not attacked for the JSC review; it definitely echoed my thoughts about the sum bitch. I bought Anna Nicole last spring before I knew who and what he was- not proud of it and he won't get another cent from me either. I dabbled briefly in MySpace BUT I was also in my early/ mid 30's then- not likely to have ever known about him.
This girl does more and has more class in her pinky than the whole YT community. It ain't about bank accounts FFS, especially if you're a nasty person like JS.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Mayhemisphere
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Mayhemisphere »

Got my coffee, got my orange, got my Stephanie Nicole review ready to go ..

Let's do this!

:tu:

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

"No one cares if you're a Scorpio Jeffree, you're being a dick"

"Our bank accounts may not match but neither does our character"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: