Stephanie Nicole

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Stephanie Nicole

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Rave about Stephanie Nicole right here!
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

nina84
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Stephanie Nicole

Post by nina84 »

I love her Liquid Lipstick review series. One of the most thorough and informative reviews on LLs out there.

Sadie1013
Talker
Talker

Post by Sadie1013 »

I love her videos because you can see how much time and effort she puts into them. They might be boring to some but I'm not watching her to be entertained, I'm watching because I trust in what she's saying and to learn about the products I'm curious about.

She treats her videos with 1000 times more professionalism than those who actually have youtube as their full time job.

Sadie1013
Talker
Talker

Post by Sadie1013 »

Oh and LolaGrace, I saw your other post before it was deleted. Firstly, thank you for referring to me as young ;) and secondly, you're very welcome! :D

honeybee528
Talker
Talker

Post by honeybee528 »

I really love her videos!
I agree with some that her videos may be long winded and seem boring, but I don't watch most of them for ~entertainment~ I watch them for all of the information that she provides and it is so apparent that she puts so much work into her videos and makes sure she gets everything out there.
(And honestly I'd much rather hear her going on in on about relevant information than rambling about nothing like other you tubers)
I loved how she could do that morphe video and still maintain her integrity and not just bash them for being a sketchy, shitty company. She actually gave facts and her experiences, what she found in her research, and cut them some slack by saying how they could be a good value and product for specific groups of people.

AlisinChanes
Informer
Informer

Post by AlisinChanes »

Thanks CHB! And thanks Sadie, for recommending her! I love that she's not hateful in her reviews, she doesn't trash products. She backs everything up with facts. She doesn't just tell you "don't buy this". She's 100% for everyone making informed purchases, which is our right. And IMO there needs to be more like her on YT. All these other gurus and their shadiness is too much. Most of them are completely in it for the money. It's obvious she isn't.

I've never trusted the "out of nowhere, online businesses" either. It's one thing to be indie and honestly build your brand. These companies relying on YT gurus to make their brands take off is sketchy as hell. It speaks volumes about the brand.

There's really nothing I don't like about Stephanie Nicole. I hope she continues doing the video reviews on brands. They're great. And if I were going to buy something that a YTer recommended, it'd be her because she touches on EVERY aspect of a product.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

The last part of the Gerard cosmetics video- :rofl: 97% of MUAs don't respect YTers, and she went into how terrible their skills were. Also discussed the Manny/ JG controversy, and IMATS. Interestingly she said YTers weren't allowed to even go, but went anyway and then wanted to boycott them. :?
I'm wondering if it was the same deal for Jackass ( she had mentioned 2014 IMATS).
Yeah, I can tell I'm going to enjoy her videos :tu:
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

Vorny13
Learner
Learner

Post by Vorny13 »

I'm working my way through her educational playlist and I'm learning a lot. I'm so thankful that Sadie posted about her :respekt:

missjliz
Talker
Talker

Post by missjliz »

Yes! Thankful she was posted about as well! I really really enjoy her videos, and I feel like I have already learned so much from her!

I also appreciate that this is not her full time job, and it just seems to be something she genuinely LOVES.

Duvainiel
Debater
Debater

Post by Duvainiel »

I am so happy to see her info-filled video about Morphe. I gave them a try back in 2014 and I wasn't impressed. They are way too powdery and most of them refused to stick to my lid - the pigment would just fall off onto the counter! When I found out they were made in China, I tossed them. China has no quality control and who knows what's really in those shadows.

Thank you Stephanie for educating the masses! I'll be much more careful to check ingredients and find out where makeup is really coming from from now on.

My eyes also react terribly to any shadows with talc in them lately, and they also flare up when I use MUG. Hmmm...

addicted2gossip

Post by addicted2gossip »

I'm so glad she made that video about Morphe, hope she doesn't become a sellout when she get popular (if she gets). The only things which annoy me about her for now are long videos (half an hour for a makeup tutorial is way too much) and her voice, but that's not her fault.

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

^yes her voice is quite annoying but I suck it up cause it's refreshing to see someone passionned and making quality content!

mahnoor_wahab
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mahnoor_wahab »

Morphe has blocked Stephanie because of her review :rofl:
So much for professionalism. These brands are so insecure because they know they suck! It only proves that what Steph said was true. It's Gerard Cosmetics all over again.

Athena32
Learner
Learner

Post by Athena32 »

mahnoor_wahab wrote:Morphe has blocked Stephanie because of her review :rofl:
So much for professionalism. These brands are so insecure because they know they suck! It only proves that what Steph said was true. It's Gerard Cosmetics all over again.

I can't believe morphe blocked her. What a shitty company. No wonder there isn't a bad review because they delete and block people. I trust Stephanie Nicole and think she is the only credible person in YouTube.

AlisinChanes
Informer
Informer

Post by AlisinChanes »

mahnoor_wahab wrote:Morphe has blocked Stephanie because of her review :rofl:

Her last comment on that screenshot is priceless! Don't change, Stephanie. I look forward to every video you put out. And I'm so glad you're not letting these irrelevant YT brands bring you down with their pettiness. Shit companies, that's all they are and they know without their YT sheep they'd be doomed.

spaghettios
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spaghettios »

I agree that Stephanie Nicole raises the bar on quality, knowledge, preparation and smarts in the beauty vlogger field. She doesn't have an irritating teen-age personality or teenage mannerisms like, for example, Jaclyn Hill or Tati. You pick up that she has more going on in her life than squealing over makeup, and I mean that as a compliment. She works in the industry and knows a lot about manufacturing, packaging and marketing. Bravo, Stephanie.

That said, I personally don't much like her taste in makeup, find her eyeshadow looks unatractive, and find the amount of products she uses in her own looks absolutely dizzying. Like many other vloggers she doesn't seem to have heard of climate change and its direct relation to consumption. If you buy dozens of products per month, you are contributing to melting ice caps and all the rest of the current tragedy. Why beauty bloggers, who often include shots of themselves adoring their pets, are in favor of massive shopping hauls and making the rest of the planet bear the price is a mystery to me. I'd love to see vloggers and bloggers REALLY practice responsible consumption and reduce their shopping. Stephanie Nicole is a hoarder and a compulsive shopper.

One of Stephanie Nicole's work-appropriate 15-minute neutral looks, had 66 products, including 11 primers!!! I don't understand how an adult who knows the ins of the beauty industry (including all the cons and marketing nonsense) can think this much stuff is necessary or attractive. Like Stephanie, I live in San Francisco, and I don't know anybody else other than a few teenagers who put on more than 2 or 3 makeup products daily. People in SF prefer a natural look, and most just wear sunscreen. It's everybody's choice, but I can't help wondering what is going on that makes someone feel they need all these expensive (and Stephanie likes the expensive brands) items in their life and on their face.

She almost never uses anything drugstore (though she did say she loved an elf brush, so thanks) and said that drugstore eyeshadows are bad, which is not always true. I appreciated her saying that few people need Natasha Denona eyeshadow palettes at $239 a pop or something.

Personally the long lacquered nails give me the creeps, especially when tapped frequently against the plastic of palettes and packaging, as Stephanie often taps. Like nails on a blackboard and makes me shudder. Many professions especially health care workers, forbid nail polish for hygiene and I appreciate this. I find anybody pushing products, or makeup tips, to me with Cruella de Ville daggers pretty off-putting. Her nasal voice can also grate.

MyEyebrowsCanCutYou
Learner
Learner

Post by MyEyebrowsCanCutYou »

MissDelusional wrote:The last part of the Gerard cosmetics video- :rofl: 97% of MUAs don't respect YTers, and she went into how terrible their skills were. Also discussed the Manny/ JG controversy, and IMATS. Interestingly she said YTers weren't allowed to even go, but went anyway and then wanted to boycott them. :?
I'm wondering if it was the same deal for Jackass ( she had mentioned 2014 IMATS).
Yeah, I can tell I'm going to enjoy her videos :tu:
This!!! I've been lurking around GG for ages now and finally made an account, and I knew that this was the first thing I wanted to mention. I'm a new-ish subscriber to Stephanie but have been watching a few of her old videos here and there, and I died with this one. I love her videos and appreciate her opinions on things, so one thing this vid drove me to do was to unsubscribe from all of those shillers I used to watch. Some of them are entertaining, but not enough for me to support their business practices.

I love Stephanie's reviews and her educational videos. Her video on face oils was amazing. Love her!

Tiltedpelvis
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Tiltedpelvis »

I enjoy her videos her voice annoyed me too but she's very informative,I wish she would make more videos often

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Tiltedpelvis wrote:I enjoy her videos her voice annoyed me too but she's very informative,I wish she would make more videos often
same here - i find her videos interesting, the morphe one was the one that made me subscribe. however her voice is very monotone and she sounds as if she just wants to throw herself off a bridge most of the time. i'll keep watching though for the informative vids.

cephues
Debater
Debater

Post by cephues »

I found her after Redhedphd recommended her liquid lipstick series. HOLY SHIT I was so shocked! She went into the ingredients explained what she did that day and has an actual system for them!! I got to admit at first her voice was bit of putting but her no fucks givin' attitude just made me fall in love. I do think that she is implosive shopper but then again now a days how many of us aren't. Her make up is a bit excessive i got admit that, but what i like is that she changes it up, her eye shadow she isn't scared to be judge.

Return to “Stephanie Nicole”