Mika Francis/Wild Daze

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mika Francis/Wild Daze

Post by donkeydonut666 »

maela wrote:wtf is this? when did it become ok for people to hate and judge on other people? it's quite disgusting reading these comments, can we not just let people live and dress how they want without bothering about petty little gossip chats. I literally just joined this to reply to this chat because I honestly can't believe what I'm reading :(
Actually I agree with you, I shouldn't really judge her without knowing her tbh and I certainly don't hate her either; on the contrary I quite like her. With regards to 'dressing how they want'- people should wear whatever they feel comfortable wearing but remain respectful as possible to other cultures! x

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

maela wrote:wtf is this? when did it become ok for people to hate and judge on other people? it's quite disgusting reading these comments, can we not just let people live and dress how they want without bothering about petty little gossip chats. I literally just joined this to reply to this chat because I honestly can't believe what I'm reading :(
Also sorry to double post but maybe you should make a rave thread so people can post about her in a more positive way!

LisaSimpson
Talker
Talker

Post by LisaSimpson »

Nobody here hates her. I actually like her videos but there's no harm in discussing the things we are annoyed about.

Hi Mika! :rofl:

Lazygirl191
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lazygirl191 »

Is mika on here?

Hustler678
Informer
Informer

Post by Hustler678 »

I like Mika. But I just want to say. I don't understand this whole festival everyday wear that her and her friends wear. It's horrific. It's like they just throw anything on that they see, does not go with one another. It's part 90s and part tacky. And I like some 90s wear but it's like they pick the worst things to put on. It's just so bad! So so bad lol Like a fuzzy sweater with camo shorts, with a jeweled tank top, with a coat on top. Is it cold? Is it hot? It just makes no sense at all. It's ugly

999magical999
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by 999magical999 »

I like Mika, She seems like a nice person, but her style lately is just awful. I know she has always liked to dress more out there but in her latest vlog, where she surprises her friend for her birthday, it just looked plain ugly. I mean come on a fur hat with a chain top, a velvet bikini, cheetah print trousers and bulky shoes is just a bad idea. I liked her style better when she was travelling, I guess she had less clothes with her so less opportunities to make really weird looks. I'm also not a fan of the braids it just seems unnecessary to wear such a controversial and offensive hairstyle for a white woman. She is such a pretty girl, it's a shame.

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Post by scalesfishnails »

she did get lip fillers!

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

She was being over dramatic in her About my Hair vid. I TOTALLY know how it feels to lose your hair. You lose your confidence and your sense of femininity, but another reason for the thinning was probably the bleaching. Not only that, there are alternatives to getting braids/dreads/corn rows, which, like I said, look awful on her. She could have gotten a sew in, extensions, really nice wigs. She could have STAYED BRUNETTE!!! I felt that by coming on and crying/playing the victim she shifted the focus from WOC (who have always had their particular beauty separated from their personhood and been denied both their beauty and femininity BECAUSE of the SAME features Mika gets praised for.)

I don't doubt she's felt insecurities about her appearance look at the lengths she's gone to to become practically unrecognizable. I went back to her old vids from 2015 and below and was stunned by how beautiful, healthy, and normal she looked as a brunette. However, I can't help, but feel this was a weak, albeit somewhat valid, reason to wear dreads and braids. Honestly, she should have just said: I know it's shitty and I acknowledge the struggle WOC have with it, but I just wanted to wear braids for a certain aesthetic. It wouldn't have been much better, but it would have been sincere.

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

She was being over dramatic in her About my Hair vid. I TOTALLY know how it feels to lose your hair. You lose your confidence and your sense of femininity, but another reason for the thinning was probably the bleaching. Not only that, there are alternatives to getting braids/dreads/corn rows, which, like I said, look awful on her. She could have gotten a sew in, extensions, really nice wigs. She could have STAYED BRUNETTE!!! I felt that by coming on and crying/playing the victim she shifted the focus from WOC (who have always had their particular beauty separated from their personhood and been denied both their beauty and femininity BECAUSE of the SAME features Mika gets praised for.)

I don't doubt she's felt insecurities about her appearance look at the lengths she's gone to to become practically unrecognizable. I went back to her old vids from 2015 and below and was stunned by how beautiful, healthy, and normal she looked as a brunette. However, I can't help, but feel this was a weak, albeit somewhat valid, reason to wear dreads and braids. Honestly, she should have just said: I know it's shitty and I acknowledge the struggle WOC have with it, but I just wanted to wear braids for a certain aesthetic. It wouldn't have been much better, but it would have been sincere.

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

Also waiting for the video where she admits that she's had her cheeks done, because she's definitely got the Kylie Jenner enhancement going on.

Lazygirl191
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lazygirl191 »

Yeah I went back to some of the old vids yesterday and they were the ones that I felt obsessed with because is it me or did she seem happier back then? And loooked so much more healthier like u said. Even in the beginning of 2016 and then suddenly she ditched a lovely Boho slightly punky look for this weird early 00's aesthetic look. And I might be the only one but I really miss her old room and house lol!! Obviously she has the right to move but I miss everything about her old vids, kinda sad about it tbh and feels like I'm watching a completely different mika now. I was cartia Malian more now because she's kinda normal and I feel I can relate more. Mikas body is so skinny it's hard to not compare myself all the time to her aswell. But shes happy and that's all that matters just misses her old videos I guess

Hustler678
Informer
Informer

Post by Hustler678 »

I agree. She looks soooo much better as a brunette. I think she has that dysmorphia thing because she completely messed up her looks with that ugly hair, and how she does her makeup. Those caterpillar eyebrows and overdrawn lip. When she has no makeup or contacts on she looks great! I wish she'd go back to brunette and natural makeup. She doesn't even need any! lol Also isn't this like her 3rd bf in like 2 years?

donkeydonut666
Learner
Learner

Post by donkeydonut666 »

Just watched her weekly vlog. She starts off with no makeup and hair out of her face and she has such natural beauty! Could really see how nice her features are.

chloestaja
Debater
Debater

Post by chloestaja »

:?

Baeonce
Informer
Informer

Post by Baeonce »

chloestaja wrote::?

ranter
Learner
Learner

Post by ranter »

She bothers me because she goes on about spirituality and philosophy and all things deep but it all seems like a fad and like she's not being genuine because if you look at her and her lifestyle it is all about image. She puts an ENORMOUS emphasis on image to the extent of having cosmetic procedures done, knowingly appropriating cultures and in general dressing extremely OTT all the time. I also feel like she lives a very hedonistic lifestyle and doesn't seem to be doing anything to help anyone else, she isn't working towards a career helping people.

And I know it's up to people how they live their life and I honestly don't judge people for being into image and making it a big part of their life, it's more that I feel like she tries to act like she's above it all rather than embracing the fact she is quite a superficial and image obsessed person. Just be genuine don't pretend you're some sort of philosopher because it makes you look cool.

You have to practice what you preach don't bang on about self love and all that when image is what is driving your life.

Lazygirl191
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lazygirl191 »

Think that's slightly unfair going on about how her image proves that she's not spiritual and conscious of her own mind, because she taught and educated herself ALOT on that shit and just because she has a whacky style now doesn't mean she's obsessed and not intuned with what she preaches. Think it's also obsessive for you to think that way, you obviously have watched all if not most of her videos to know she's spiritualy aware. Just because she doesn't dress like hippy ALSO does not mean she's not spiritual. She is happy with the way she looks and dresses and yeah sometimes she gets insecure like a lot of people because she has body dysmorthia which makes it worse. Point cut short, she doesn't have a to dress like a hippy to think like one. Think your post was really pathetic :)

ranter
Learner
Learner

Post by ranter »

I'm not saying whacky style can't go hand in hand with being spiritual it's more I don't believe you can make your whole life about your appearance but also be this spiritual deep thinker. Because surely if you were genuinely like that you would start to see your body just as a vessel which clearly she doesn't... you don't have to agree with me but this is my opinion.

I have watched Mika for years but I can take or leave most of her videos I certainly wouldn't call myself obsessed, especially not because I'm simply aware of her interest in consciousness... I dunno maybe you're projecting your own obsession into me? Looks like every single post you've made on here has been on Mika which is sort of alarming? Lol.

Also I really don't give a shit if you think my post is pathetic but cheers for your input :love2:

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

I likes her last try on video it was very inspired. I don't think it being judgmental. I think like most of these YT girls she's more concerned with her looks and projecting a certain image than bettering herself and a person or bettering the world. I think she's a good person but she's lost her way. Especially from how she used to be in the beginning and she's a serial monogamist. There nothing wrong with beig single, Mika...

tacobae
Learner
Learner

Post by tacobae »

Her last video... in IBIZA
As a black person... it was a tad weird to see many elements of black culture represented by those girls. I have nothing against them. I don't even want to critize them. I like Mika's personality and her videos about spirituality. But the whole styling of her and her friends... it just a bit weird for me.

Return to “V-Z”