Mika Francis/Wild Daze

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Mika Francis/Wild Daze

Post by ima »

Anyone else subbed to this chick?

I have been for a while, where she's been very on and off with Yt but seems to have begun to commit to it in the last few months. She looks like she needs a good wash and makes herself out to be some travelling hippie who love animals and the environment yet has just partnered up with L'oreal :rofl:.

Probably one of the most pretentious chicks on youtube. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTClUT ... -NlaUwOdCA

meow14
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mika Francis/Wild Daze

Post by meow14 »

Everything she does is to be trendy and faux spiritual. She tries really really hard to be quirky and unique, but she just repeats the same trendy crap. Also she puts out this image of a party girl who has a fun lifestyle, but I only ever see photos/video with her sister, her boyfriend, her parents or occasionally another blogger/youtuber, and they're usually on her same network too.
She's just another youtube puppet for her network eating up the PR bullshit of Loreal and paid to say they are ethical and we should support the companies they own.
This is kind of long sorry, but also she puts out this natural down to earth hippie vibe, but she piles on the makeup to the point of being unrecognisable, wears grey contact lenses constantly, and always poses for photos in bikini's on her instagram in really forced poses to make her body look a certain way. The comments on her videos treat her like she's such an idol of health and body positivity, but I feel like her super skinny super toned figure is very dangerous for young girls to be aspiring to. On her Tumblr a long time ago she used to say she ate like 1000 calories a day and worked out every day to lose weight and maintain being really thin. I notice her what I eat video recently contained very little food.
I think she thinks she is very enlightened and mature, but she comes across quite naive and insecure.

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool »

like every trend thrown onto one person..... next to her bf she looks so comical tbh
(idk how to post an instagram photo srry)

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool »

toadstool wrote:

like every trend thrown onto one person..... next to her bf she looks so comical tbh
(idk how to post an instagram photo srry)
Ok double post but omg she totally used to edit her pics to try and look asian??? Like this doesn't even look like the same person...

meow14
Lurker
Lurker

Post by meow14 »

They don't look the same person because she's changed so much of her appearance now. She wears blue contacts, fake tan, draws on her mouth, draws on freckles, bleached her hair ect.
She naturally has the brown eyes and paler skin and brown hair.
Even her videos are so staged with elaborate backgrounds with trendy items like cacti put all over the place to try and look cool. She throws every trend onto everything.

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Post by scalesfishnails »

She is so try hard it hurts. Been waiting for her to get a thread on here. Woo hoo!

gugogi16
Informer
Informer

Post by gugogi16 »

She looks so disgusting!! I want to scrub off all that nasty fake tan and terrible makeup. I like most of what she buys, but she just styles it so terribly. I just recently found her channel and I just don't get the hype behind her. Her hair is terrible, too. It's so dead.
Aspyn + Parker Drinking Game: https://goo.gl/56VmWq :cheers:

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

just watching her tattoo video, the way she talks annoys me so much. not her accent, but the way she says her words? i don't know if that makes sense.... also her ears sticking out of her hair is such a pet peeve of mine lol

dressitup
Talker
Talker

Post by dressitup »

Did anyone clock her Tumblr posts talking about drug use?
seems a bit sketch considering she's got all these brand deals going on. I think she's a lovely girl and met her at a festival this year I just think that she should go the same route as all other YTers and sort of pretend that she doesn't do drugs instead of being so blase about it.

bbrootal
Learner
Learner

Post by bbrootal »

I never commented here before and found this thread while browsing GG and had to "revive" it.
What the actual f*ck is she wearing lately? I get that the 90s and grunge are somewhat trendy, but she's taking this to a whole new level of I don't even know what. It's so all over the place, I don't like this "phrase" at all. :?

LGG123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by LGG123 »

Completely agree ^^ also I've just gottttttttttttt to rant about this I cannot help it. She is being sosososo ignorant to other cultures right now. I personally feel like anyone should wear any thing they want without any consequences. However, the reality is that is not the case for woc!!!! therefore, when she comes along strutting around w her new 'trendy' 'cool' not ghetto or unprofessional hair on 'her' it's a lil bit of a slap in the face for so many women!!. Also on top of this, she did not post or even retweet one thing about Black Lives Matter - yet she appreciates all cultures when she thinks it's gonna get her a few more instagram likes. PISSES ME OFF MAN!!! For someone who goes on about self love how important it is to love yourself, i've never seen someone change there appearance into something there not. madness.

watchinglurker
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by watchinglurker »

ok so just found this girl today in my recommended...she seems like a great girl but im honestly so tired of these white girls who scream 'appreciate cultures' and 'spirituality' to justify appropriation, she's deleting comments pulling her up on it too
and i was watching her tattoo video and this girl rly said she loved 'oriental style' referring to her forearm tattoo and then said she loves 'Asian culture' like...u realize Russia is oriental lmao, also Asia isnt just japan...its 48 countries
and her 'my name is japanese', lip fillers, box braids, fake tan (which do whatever u want but at least acknowledge or address ur appropriation don't just delete comments, the issue is still there) etc not to mention her tattoo of frickin Buddha but as a woman....fffff talk about monopolizing appropriation plus as if Buddhism isn't the typical white person thing to be like oh yeah! i read the first para of the wiki once!! i love ~~good vibes~~!! smh
Like she's a beautiful girl and obviously enjoys the diversity our world has to offer but I worry she doesn't care about how this harms others...

poppedcorn
Informer
Informer

Post by poppedcorn »

This is her response to one of the comments calling her out for cultural appropriation

scalesfishnails
Informer
Informer

Lol. Thing is she says she is being 'authentically me' but there is nothing authentic about her. She bounces from trend to trend without appreciating the consequences or implications of what she's doing.

scottishgg25
Learner
Learner

Post by scottishgg25 »

This girl is insaaaaaaaaane :rofl: she is every asshole person at my university tbh. She seems like one of those classic upper middle class kids who decide that they just wanna "break free", "connect with their spirituality" and "get away from it all", dress like they rolled around a charity shop in 1993 and act holier than thou - when really, they've never had to work a day in their life.

Gross.

RetroRaven
Lurker
Lurker

Post by RetroRaven »

The hate about her hair oh my god, why won't she address it.

PotatoesAreLife
Stalker
Stalker

Post by PotatoesAreLife »

You people are worse then the comments about her you are making. You have to sit on a computer and write mean things about someone. Why don't you all go and do something productive with yourself. instead of insulting people for no reason. Stop watching her channel if you dislike it so much. Seriously this world is going to shit. And you have the time to complain about someone on the Internet. But you watch her?! and dislike her?! haha okay!!

bbrootal
Learner
Learner

Post by bbrootal »

Did you seriously just revive this thread to say that we're a bunch of meanies? Lololol it's not even an active thread, it has like 15 responses :rofl:

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

I came across Mika through the super cool Confetti Crowd/Lulutrixabelle and they all have a similar colourful style. I wish that I had the confidence to pull off such bright, vintage statement outfits so I do find them really unique.

I actually quite like Mika, she seems like a genuinely nice girl just doing her own thing. I can see why some people may find her to be pretentious with her vegan hippie lifestyle, but through watching her Vlogs she comes across as down-to-earth and lovely. Although, she seems to be quite naive and is probably on a journey of self-discovery and to find herself as an individual which is a good thing. I do also enjoy her Vlogs.

Her style is not to my taste, but I find her travelling inspiring because I'm quite an anxious person so I find her to be brave, confident and adventurous.

BxtchPuddin
Learner
Learner

Post by BxtchPuddin »

I like Mika but I hate her bleached out straw hair and those ugly ass corn rows. Corn rows simply do not look good on white girls to me. There are plenty of hairstyles that would look great on Mika. She should start with going back to her natural brunette color she was GORG as a beunette. But did anyone else find it funny when she popped up in Bali with her new boo. Like damn Mika!

Return to “V-Z”