Loey Lane--Part-4

xobiancax3xo
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Loey Lane--Part-4

Post by xobiancax3xo »

I agree that she buys clothes that are too small because she thinks she's smaller than she really is.

But I don't think there's anything wrong with the Body Positivity movement. It has helped me a lot. I'm a size 12 and have huge boobs (40 J) and used to hide under hoodies and yoga pants every day. Now, I love my body and wear whatever I want (of course I buy clothes in my real size, of course). Seeing girls my size and larger being confident and happy has influenced me to be the same. But I wouldn't look up to Loey based solely on the fact that she does think she's smaller than she is and doesn't dress in clothes that flatter her.

witchywoman
Learner
Learner

Post by witchywoman »

whatthaffff wrote:
witchywoman wrote:Just because certain people who claim to be body positive are frauds doesn't mean the whole movement is negative. I haven't really seen the "glorification of obesity and overeating" that you say is so widespread outside of the tumblr realm. Ashley Graham is one of the big time plus size models right now and is very outspoken about her healthy lifestyle. Yet, she is still constantly criticized by people who are "concerned about her health"... Of course you have loons like Loey and Tess Holliday who are out there twisting the movement to fit their agendas but I wouldn't say that's the heart of the movement. After discovering body positivity and realizing that I don't have to hate my body, I was able to take control of myself and drop fifty pounds. It's not a flawless movement and it does have some negatives, but it helps a lot of people and I don't feel like it should be discredited because it has some bad apples in the bunch.

The way that Loey dressed really makes me wonder if she truly has some form of body dysmorphia or something. There's no way she sees herself the way that others see her. I honestly wonder why her husband or friends or someone doesn't help her make better clothing choices. It's easy to pick clothes to flatter your body. Loey could pull off a well-fitting skater dress a million times better than one of her famous cooch-hugging rompers. It's embarrassing- I get major secondhand embarrassment for her.
If you're so body positive, the second alinea you wrote doesn't make any sense. I agree with you that she wears her clothes too small. But hey, she sould wear whatever she wants, and I hope she keeps doing it so we can keep gossiping about it 8-)
Why would she have body dysmorphia? I think her body is awesome. She has the body every chubby/fat girl wants but doesn't have. A small waist, a tiny stomach (compared to her lower body) and curvy hips and thighs. Maybe I would dress like that too, if I had that body. Maybe she thinks the same about her body and is that the reason why she's dressing like that. I don't know, just thinking about it.
And Tyler? He is a man. Men like thight clothing on women. I had boyfriends that bought dresses and lingerie too small for me, on purpose. They were chubby chasers and into that (I personally am not, I prefer clothes that fit). But still, she's very young. When I was in my teens, like in the picture I posted a page ago, I was also wearing a jeans that was cutting off my circulation and a teeny tiny t-shirt. I just didn't know how to dress for my body yet. Maybe she's in that position too. But the rompers....yeah. They are just...well.... :rofl:
I can be body positive and still know what looks good and what doesn't... If you're literally spilling out of your clothes, appear visibly uncomfortable, and are lying about the size of what you're wearing, you're doing it wrong. I like my body well enough to dress it well and be honest with myself about what does look good on me and what doesn't.
I see what you're saying but fat fetishists aren't the general public... they encourage it because it's their fetish. Most people coming at it from a neutral viewpoint won't agree that wearing clothes multiple sizes too small for you is a good idea.
I've never been one to say that Loeys body is disgusting or anything, because it's not. It's the way she tries to sensationalize it, lie about it, etc. If she'd learn to dress better and actually get in touch with what she actually looks like she'd be able to present herself a million times better.
If Loey is going to present herself as a fashion guru in a position to share fashion advice, she has no excuse for how poor fitting her clothes are

ButteredToad
Talker
Talker

Post by ButteredToad »

Can I just say I absolutely can not stand the fact that I like the same perfume as her. The one she showed in her "new" what's in my bag is one of my favorite scents. Ugh.

ariiecho
Learner
Learner

Post by ariiecho »

witchywoman wrote:
I can be body positive and still know what looks good and what doesn't... If you're literally spilling out of your clothes, appear visibly uncomfortable, and are lying about the size of what you're wearing, you're doing it wrong. I like my body well enough to dress it well and be honest with myself about what does look good on me and what doesn't.
I see what you're saying but fat fetishists aren't the general public... they encourage it because it's their fetish. Most people coming at it from a neutral viewpoint won't agree that wearing clothes multiple sizes too small for you is a good idea.
I've never been one to say that Loeys body is disgusting or anything, because it's not. It's the way she tries to sensationalize it, lie about it, etc. If she'd learn to dress better and actually get in touch with what she actually looks like she'd be able to present herself a million times better.
If Loey is going to present herself as a fashion guru in a position to share fashion advice, she has no excuse for how poor fitting her clothes are
I 100% agree with your post. In my opinion body positivity means to accept and like the way you are right now. Be comfortable in wearing a size 20 if you're a size 20. And that's what these you tubers are doing wrong in my opinion. Especially Loey, who lies about her size constantly, is the opposite of body positive. It's dressing well for your size and accepting what your body looks like, not squeezing yourself in a junior size 12 bikini at target. Buy outfits that look great on you in the size you actually are to tell girls that there are cute outfits for every size.
In my opinion, she's exactly perpetuating the opposite. She's telling girls to force themselves into smaller bikinis because they're cute instead of telling them how to style the stuff they have at the plus size section...

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I finally figured out who this cow reminds me of.

Look on the left. That's Lardy.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

^^^why? I don't see it.

I agree that the body positive movement isn't all that great. It's one thing for people size 16 and below to be confident in who they are. Because I think at that size you're bigger, but you can still run, hike, climb stairs normally--you can still be healthy. But for the most part (unless you're tall) anything above a size 18/20 is unhealthy regardless of anything else. That is too much fat to have in your body, in your organs (fat isn't just under the skin, it's affects our organs as well). And that's what pisses me off so much about the movement, you can say what you want but it's unhealthy-don't lie to yourself or others about it. And some spout the fact that they go to the doctors and they have no health problems, but that's just because they're young. It will catch up to them.

I wish the body positive movement wasn't represented by people like Tess Holiday because it's disgusting what she's done to herself. Nobody should hate their bodies, but nothing, absolutely nothing about being that size should be glorified. She's morbidly obese=deathly obese. Her obesity is so bad, it will kill her. If she loves her body, great but don't claim to be healthy when we all know it's bullshit.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

idontknowwhoiam wrote:^^^why? I don't see it.

I agree that the body positive movement isn't all that great. It's one thing for people size 16 and below to be confident in who they are. Because I think at that size you're bigger, but you can still run, hike, climb stairs normally--you can still be healthy. But for the most part (unless you're tall) anything above a size 18/20 is unhealthy regardless of anything else. That is too much fat to have in your body, in your organs (fat isn't just under the skin, it's affects our organs as well). And that's what pisses me off so much about the movement, you can say what you want but it's unhealthy-don't lie to yourself or others about it. And some spout the fact that they go to the doctors and they have no health problems, but that's just because they're young. It will catch up to them.

I wish the body positive movement wasn't represented by people like Tess Holiday because it's disgusting what she's done to herself. Nobody should hate their bodies, but nothing, absolutely nothing about being that size should be glorified. She's morbidly obese=deathly obese. Her obesity is so bad, it will kill her. If she loves her body, great but don't claim to be healthy when we all know it's bullshit.
The odd small nose, manly shelf brow, large jaw, gummy teeth, caked makeup...

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

idontknowwhoiam wrote:^^^why? I don't see it.

Side profile

LadyChatterBox
Debater
Debater

Post by LadyChatterBox »

Page 39 already, we need to come up with a cool name for the new thread :D

LardyLame?

SloeyLame?

BabyBitLame?

Annaj001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Annaj001 »

LadyChatterBox wrote:Page 39 already, we need to come up with a cool name for the new thread :D

LardyLame?

SloeyLame?

BabyBitLame?

Hahaha, I love all of those. I am also partial to LooneyLane because that's what I always call her in real life. They all fit, tbh.

msbeandrake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by msbeandrake »

Sorry for everyone who misunderstood my post. No, I was not at all saying you can't be thin without having an eating disorder. What I was trying to communicate was that with the logic @crystallinekitty was displaying, accepting your body/a certain body type would automatically equal that you were promoting the most extreme behavior that goes along with it . accepting your and other body types isn't promoting any type of behavior except for self love. Body acceptance isnt promoting obesity, but if someone is obese it is promoting that you treat them as you would any other person, regardless of their size, and if you're obese, you're allowed to love yourself.sorry for the misunderstandings

LadyChatterBox
Debater
Debater

Post by LadyChatterBox »

Annaj001 wrote:
LadyChatterBox wrote:Page 39 already, we need to come up with a cool name for the new thread :D

LardyLame?

SloeyLame?

BabyBitLame?

Hahaha, I love all of those. I am also partial to LooneyLane because that's what I always call her in real life. They all fit, tbh.
How about LooneyLame? ;D

lynnheidi35
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lynnheidi35 »

ariiecho wrote:
witchywoman wrote:
I 100% agree with your post. In my opinion body positivity means to accept and like the way you are right now. Be comfortable in wearing a size 20 if you're a size 20. And that's what these you tubers are doing wrong in my opinion. Especially Loey, who lies about her size constantly, is the opposite of body positive. It's dressing well for your size and accepting what your body looks like, not squeezing yourself in a junior size 12 bikini at target. Buy outfits that look great on you in the size you actually are to tell girls that there are cute outfits for every size.
In my opinion, she's exactly perpetuating the opposite. She's telling girls to force themselves into smaller bikinis because they're cute instead of telling them how to style the stuff they have at the plus size section...
I love this post!!! Why on earth doesn't she get cute trendy stuff from Torrid or whatever, they have tons of cute stuff that would look great on her. Wearing ill fitting clothes that she pops out of makes her look like an awkward chubby toddler who grows out of their clothes to fast. She just plain needs to grow up, truly accept that she's a plus sized girl, own it (like ashley graham) and dress accordingly. And for fuck sake, stop with the cutesy giggling like you're blushing from compliments at your 'photo shoots', cause ya look STUPID. Every time!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

lynnheidi35
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lynnheidi35 »

Going to try to say this without sounding like a complete ass, and if I offend anyone, I apologize.

There is a difference between accepting what you CAN'T change, and being OK with what you don't WANT to change, or are too lazy to do so.

If you look at Ashley Graham, look at her build / bone structure, and say your typical runway model body (think Kate Moss.) They simply have different body types. Different bone structure and body types genetically. Both look good for their body type, right? They're just different.

Ashley Graham could never look like Kate Moss. It would literally be impossible. She can't change her bone structure or genetic body type.

Loey could ABSOLUTELY lose weight. You can tell that she simply has an excess of body fat that could be lost -IF she wanted to. Obesity IS reversable. Ashley Graham is not obese - she has a minimal amount of excess fat compares to Loey. If Loey wants to be that size and truly doesn't care, well, that's her choice I guess. (Not one I would choose for health reasons, but, God Bless America, right?) but I think that alot of her identity is tied to being the Fat Girl, and she's using her weight as security blanket of sorts to mask a massive insecurity problem. You can 100% tell that she is very insecure during her 'try on' videos. You can tell confidence from the way someone stands and carries themselves, and girlfriend ain't got it.

She could 100% lose some weight if she wanted to but its apparent that she doesn't want to, for conscious or unconscious reasons.

Excess fat and obesity that is not directly caused by an underlying medical issue, is not a body type, it's a choice. There, I said it.... get out the pitchforks.

For reference, I am a 14-16 with an athletic/muscular build and I lift weights 4 days a weeks. Heavy ones. I've always just had that build - muscular and larger boned. About 8 years ago, I never worked out, but was unhappy with how large I was. Started lifting weights and found a great deal of body type acceptance. I'm never going to be a size 2.... genetically, it's not going to happen. But lifting has chiseled away a great deal of excess fat, so, I'm looking better than I was for MY body type. Without making this post any longer than it already it is, look up 'ectomorph, endomorph, and mesomorph' as the 3 main body types to see what I'm talking about.

Hope I didn't make anyone upset. I don't want to argue here, but will certainly open up the discussion :-)

laesterschwester
Talker
Talker

Post by laesterschwester »

Loey is just a lazy ass hypocrite, preaching to eat healthy and work out (aka running for 4 hours) and practicing absolute bullshit. Yes, she could lose the weight that she has stacked up on within the years of YouTubing but that requires some self-discipline which home girl is missing. Even though I would love to see such a format on YT (off topic: but are there youtuber who are on a weightloss journey and sorta vlogging about it? I'm on a WL journey myself and this kind of vids are pushing my motivation up as hell - love EWL).

And oh well... I just got so excited that Miss now has a own sub-chapter in the trash the guru-section - yaaaahaaas! Well deserved, dumbass, well deserved!
irony and sarcasm is completely overrated and dull.

RainyMonday
Talker
Talker

Post by RainyMonday »

LardyLame?

SloeyLame?

BabyBitLame?
How about LyingLoeyLane4FakeBodyPositivity

ImNotAchaiLatte
Talker
Talker

Post by ImNotAchaiLatte »

I've just had my first SB Frappuccino this year, I really loved it, but honestly, how can one drink this every day oO the SB beverages are just too rich, too sweet (for my taste)...no wonder she can't lose any weight.

Also about the body positivity thing. In my the healthiest way to lose weight is, when you love yourself and have a positive relationship with your body. Otherwise you might not be satisfied or still hate yourself after losing weight. This is why I'm totally pro body positivity, for a healthy relationship and not for excusing obesity.

----------------------
Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope

PuppiesLove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PuppiesLove »

@lynnheidi35 Yas, girl, yas. Agree! :tu:

lynnheidi35
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lynnheidi35 »

PuppiesLove wrote:@lynnheidi35 Yas, girl, yas. Agree! :tu:
Thanks. I was hoping someone would understand what I was getting at Image

meowser
Learner
Learner

Post by meowser »

ImNotAchaiLatte wrote:I've just had my first SB Frappuccino this year, I really loved it, but honestly, how can one drink this every day oO the SB beverages are just too rich, too sweet (for my taste)...no wonder she can't lose any weight.

Also about the body positivity thing. In my the healthiest way to lose weight is, when you love yourself and have a positive relationship with your body. Otherwise you might not be satisfied or still hate yourself after losing weight. This is why I'm totally pro body positivity, for a healthy relationship and not for excusing obesity.
I completely agree. It is important to have self love and acceptance in a journey to becoming healthier, because loving yourself is motivation to want to do good for yourself.

On another note did anyone see the hair dye video? I feel like she made most of that hair salon story up. For starters her hair doesn't look coarse enough to be that tough to comb out, and second of all I've never been to a stylist that brushes your hair out prior to washing as it is much easier to detangle after a good conditioning treatment. I've been going to my stylist for 7 years, she's absolutely amazing, and I've walked in there with my hair up in a messy as all hell bun and tangled and she always takes me straight to the shampoo bowl for a wash and conditioning treatment before taking a large toothed comb to comb my hair out with no issue. On top of that even the worst stylists I've been to prior to finding my girl didn't do hack jobs as bad as what she is describing, and that fact that she even paid for the service after such a bad job proves how much she is embellishing. I sure as hell wouldnt pay for a cut job like she described. She is just completely full of shit with her stories and I don't get how people buy into it.

Return to “Loey Lane”