Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

aaa123
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Blackery Part 2

Post by aaa123 »

“trying to make ends meet” oh for fucks sake :roll: if you’re in that desperate of a financial situation then either get a job or go back to treating youtube as a job

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

aaa123 wrote:“trying to make ends meet” oh for fucks sake :roll: if you’re in that desperate of a financial situation then either get a job or go back to treating youtube as a job
I thought this. Either you're doing it to make ends meet, or you're doing it to fund your album. Someone living alone in a HOUSE near London and self-funding an album definitely isn't struggling with day-to-day finances like food and bills.

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

fgururu wrote:
aaa123 wrote:“trying to make ends meet” oh for fucks sake :roll: if you’re in that desperate of a financial situation then either get a job or go back to treating youtube as a job
I thought this. Either you're doing it to make ends meet, or you're doing it to fund your album. Someone living alone in a HOUSE near London and self-funding an album definitely isn't struggling with day-to-day finances like food and bills.
I honestly don't know whether to laugh or to cry. Is she serious? Oh yeah, poor girl. I mean she's #IPOAD and she's oh so clearly struggling. Such a good reason for throwing all your former ethics away and do whatever it takes in order to 'fund an album'. Even more ridiculous and unreliable now.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

Post by Guest »

moshmellow wrote:She finally acknowledged the whole cruelty free fiascoImage

Ugh this response is SO bad. She has no integrity and man does she hate being called out for it. I have no respect for her at all.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Her IPOAD #16 is...something else.

Starts off sounding like she's trying to convince herself that she's happy. Then only like three minutes in she films herself and her friend talking about...pretty much nothing. Neither one of them sound genuine and they both seem to be really uncomfortable being with the camera. Also, she doesn't position the camera anywhere - she just holds it and turns it towards whoever is talking. In a busy cafe. I'm just picturing standing in line at this shop and seeing this! This is some cringy high school shit. Absolutely no self awareness. Is this how all vloggers are?

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

Trying to make ends meet....bullshine.

She’s not struggling, she’s shopping or eating out a lot in her vlogs. If she was trying to make ends meet she wouldn’t be doing that.

It’s insulting to people who are actually struggling.

Post by Guest »

moshmellow wrote:She finally acknowledged the whole cruelty free fiascoImage

Emma, you're acting like you're a single mother of 4 and your only option was to take the spon or they'd all go hungry.

You need to take some time to figure yourself out. Realizing you want to focus on being a recording artist was a first step. But what do you stand for? What's important to you? How can you reach your goals without compromising your integrity?

How can something that was once important enough to make videos about be such a non issue to you now to the point where you actively support animal testing? Because that's what you're doing, by writing a song for and having your image associated with a company that isn't cruelty free, you're saying that you're okay with it. Everyone needs to find ways to finance their projects, you're not a special snowflake, but most people wait until they can find ways to do so without compromising their morals and integrity.

And to think you once shaded YouTubers for selling books.

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

The acoustic version of Dirt is so bad. It feels like an unproduced demo! I don't know shit about music, so I don't know the correct terms, but it feels like the music and the singing are completely separate and don't go well together (and the whistling at the beginning it's a lot like what dodie doesn't, not Emma style at all) :roll:

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Throwthewindow wrote:Her IPOAD #16 is...something else.

Starts off sounding like she's trying to convince herself that she's happy. Then only like three minutes in she films herself and her friend talking about...pretty much nothing. Neither one of them sound genuine and they both seem to be really uncomfortable being with the camera. Also, she doesn't position the camera anywhere - she just holds it and turns it towards whoever is talking. In a busy cafe. I'm just picturing standing in line at this shop and seeing this! This is some cringy high school shit. Absolutely no self awareness. Is this how all vloggers are?
She also has a signed poster of herself in her bedroom...

Also mark my words she's going to somehow make Felix and Marzia's wedding/engagement about her.

Throwthewindow
Informer
Informer

Post by Throwthewindow »

Also mark my words she's going to somehow make Felix and Marzia's wedding/engagement about her.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

Chuchi wrote:The acoustic version of Dirt is so bad. It feels like an unproduced demo! I don't know shit about music, so I don't know the correct terms, but it feels like the music and the singing are completely separate and don't go well together (and the whistling at the beginning it's a lot like what dodie doesn't, not Emma style at all) :roll:
I actually thought it was a lot better than the original but it still sounds really try-hard.

manymeows
Learner
Learner

Post by manymeows »

fgururu wrote:
I feel like she might be trying to get some extra cash, perhaps running low and topping up, but not “making ends meet” like she should’ve used a different phrase because I don’t think she’s in that rough of a financial situation considering all the point everyone else has said

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

Throwthewindow wrote:

Yeah I found that weird...she’s got pictures of herself...not herself with friends or family...just posters of herself on her bedroom wall...narcissist much!

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

I keep trying to figure out exactly why Emma irritates me so damn much and I think it's because she's so fake. That is the best word to describe how she's coming across lately. Her happiness video was fake AF, I didn't believe a single word she said and I don't think she believed what she was saying either. I think she's still stuck in a high school state of mind, jumping on the latest trend and changing your entire mindset the second some negativity/criticism comes your way. She really must be desperate to be "the popular girl" if she's willing to forsake her morals for the money.

I wish she'd just admit that she doesn't actually know who the hell she is and go away to try and figure her shit out.

I absolutely cannot stand these people who are so completely unable to take criticism and aggressively try to shut you down the second you disagree with them. People who put stuff out into the public but expect only positive responses and glowing reviews. It ain't gonna happen, EVER. If you don't want public opinion, don't put your stuff out publicly. Youtubers seem to epitomise that kind of culture these days: Emma/Carrie/Louise, to name a few.
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

teaforbees
Lurker
Lurker

Post by teaforbees »

Cue her rebranding in a few months where she talks about how she 'lost herself' and 'sold out' and 'wasn't being true to herself'

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

So basically Emma's reason for being a big ass hypocrite is "they paid me and I'm desperate" lmao. Seriously Emma? You couldn't think of something better then that??
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

teaforbees wrote:Cue her rebranding in a few months where she talks about how she 'lost herself' and 'sold out' and 'wasn't being true to herself'
I‘d bet good money on that.
Not a native English speaker, thank you.

Morphine
Learner
Learner

Post by Morphine »

manymeows wrote:
fgururu wrote:
I feel like she might be trying to get some extra cash, perhaps running low and topping up, but not “making ends meet” like she should’ve used a different phrase because I don’t think she’s in that rough of a financial situation considering all the point everyone else has said
But shes a poor struggling artist suffering for her art!!

The acoustic version of Dirt is more palatable than the studio version. But I still think the song is wank

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

I hate this whole "doing an album is so expensive you guys" thing. It has never been easier to get a career started. You can very easily produce demos at home, build an audience through social media, market yourself. In the end you're gonna have to pay for that studio production like every other artist before you did but the way towards an album production has become so much easier. For someone as bad as her she is actually playing pretty big venues.

How the hell are her fans supposed to take the current Emma serious if she is always shitting on herself from two years ago. While I think I'm the best version of myself at the moment, I don't think all the other versions of me before were horrible or wrong, I wouldn't be the person I was today if it weren't for them. (So cheesy, sorry.) But she never grows. She just tries something out, hates it or gets criticized, stops fullstop and starts new. Growing instead of 'reinventing' would be way more healthy for her. I always feel like she is still 16. She hasn't changed at all. She always starts off pretty optimistic, happy and calm and goes on until she is so bitter that she has to stop.

I still think she is one of those people who would benefit from living in the real word instead of the fantasy youtube one.

Return to “Emma Blackery”