Emma Blackery Part 2

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Emma Blackery Part 2

Post by chocolatecheesecakes »

I am so, so, so angry at Emma's latest Instagram story...
For context, I saw the comments on the comment she posted about her cruelty free fiasco...

Unfortunately I don't have these comments screenshotted, but here's the general gist:
Emma talks about people 'comparing to Nazis' - this was in response to someone who compared Emma's supporting Rimmel despite them testing on animals to supporting the Nazis despite them doing all the horrible things they did (or thereabouts). I don't think this was a wholly justified comment, get me wrong, but it got the point across. Emma and her fans them decide that this is too far (which I do agree with, but in doing so they ignore the point of this commenter's argument - that Emma is a fucking hypocrite and is completely overreacting with what she's saying), which pretty much led to her disabling comments. Even though people pretty much stopped commenting on that by this morning.

Some other people also called her out on her bullshit in the thread too, which is probably the actual reason why she disabled comments, not the Nazi comment.

Also, "thank you for all the NICE comments"? Chill the fuck out, Emma. You have 'haters'. You think it means you're the new Taylor Swift so you need to constantly shade them. You're so damn passive aggressive (Exhibit A: Metallica comment), childish and plain out rude to people that have supported you for years that it's impossible for me to like you anymore.

Post by Guest »

I really want to like Emma and see her succeed in music if that's really what she wants but she makes it so damn hard.

She wants people to see her as a musician? She should just be a musician : make videos about music and not just vlogs which are safe and lazy, make covers, make more musical challenges, put a musical spin on everything she does. Yes she is going to lose some followers but she's told people that she wants to do music, they won't be mad if she does! They will be however if she says she is doing music, and then makes a sims video just for the views and the money. That's not genuine, honest nor consistent (that's btw exactly why the Rimmel ad was such a fiasco.. the lack of consistency). She wants us to believe that she is really happy? Well she should just stop complaining about literally everything (no money, making an album is hard, people are mean and always out to get her, etc.) I hope she realizes that the first single of her new album is about a stupid Internet feud that no one cares about (even the other people involved imo)..... If that doesn't show a level of bitterness and overall sadness Idek. Everyone can't be Taylor Swift, and at least most of her songs at the beginning of her career were about love and thus universally relatable. The spilled tea on Twittah? Not so much.

Also, it's super good of her to take singing lessons, but I think one of the weakest aspect of her songs are the lyrics. They lack... musicality. She should analyse the lyrics of the songs she likes and how the meaning passes through images (Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore is a very good example.) Or ask people good at writing to help her write idk Long rant, sorry, put I needed to get this out

steponit
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by steponit »

LaFleche wrote:
teaforbees wrote:Cue her rebranding in a few months where she talks about how she 'lost herself' and 'sold out' and 'wasn't being true to herself'
I‘d bet good money on that.
oh it's coming for sure. i'm expecting a few weeks' of silence after her tour and a video about post-tour depression, then a rebranding.

her "making ends meet" comment is so fucking extra, chill out emma. just say it's business. because that's what it is, that's what you do. you sell your "influence" to brands for money. that's literally your job. ugh.

also, her acoustic version of dirt is even worse than the original song. that song never warranted an acoustic version.

aizawa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aizawa »

It's kinda depressing how my favourite Emma videos are the ones where she talks about her passion for learning about the North Korean regime. I'd like to see a video of her thoughts on the recent developments in like, actually ending the war, but with the whole I AM A MUSICIAN ONLY bull I don't quite see it happening. Shame.

Coppering64
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Coppering64 »

It's fine for her not to like being on Youtube anymore, but the happiness video was just really unprofessional and unnecessary. I don't mean that in a "Youtube is her job, how dare she complain about it/ not upload the content her audience wants etc" way, but that it's not a great idea to shit all over the thing that's paying your bills if you still need it.

Most people who aspire to be musicians, or to be in any other creative field, have day jobs that aren't related to their passions, myself included. That video was the equivalent of her going into her boss's office, announcing that her job is bullshit, and she expects to be treated like the creative professional that she feels like she is, but that she expects to continue getting paid, and to be allowed to keep her job without expressing any enthusiasm, or putting in any real effort. She doesn't seem like a person who is able to be objective about her situation, so she comes across as immature and whiney.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

Turning off comments is one of the most cowardly things you can do on social media. You did something shitty Emma and when people called you out you block their opinons. Very big of you.
At the end of the day, as mean as this sounds she will not succeed as a musician unless she changes EVERYTHING that she is doing. No big professional labels want to sign somebody who is a Youtuber that isn't that popular, is constantly putting their foot in their mouth and has absolutely NOTHING unique about them. Her lyric writing skills are awful and her voice can barely carry a note. Also, there is nothing that stands out about her as an artist, she simply hops on popular trends, however she is always too late to them and ends up looking desperate. Like the whole pastel theme she was going for in the Dirt music video has been done already a few years ago. I don't know how much creative control she had over the video but I mean if she wanted to capitalize on current trends she should have gone with a neon theme instead, that is much more popular right now. She just seems super out of touch when it comes to trend chasing. She really seems to have no identity of her own.
Btw, I'm happy this thread is shady again instead of pandering to Emma ;)

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

She's lost over 10,000 subscribers in the last 30 days https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/emmablackery

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

What will she try to be next?

She tried to be Danisnotonfire, then tried the hippy vegan, then the beauty guru, then the girl next door advice guru, then tried to be Pewdiepie with her gaming channel, then the rad mom, then the wannabe Taylor swift. She’s always been a sellout. She slated someone else for writing a book yet when someone pays her money to do it suddenly it’s been her life long dream.

Also I was shocked to find out she was around my age. I thought she might have been because she looks about my age but I dont know ANYONE my age who uses the words shade, dirt, tea, receipts or snack in the serious context she uses it, so wondered if maybe she was younger.

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

MsMaybe wrote:What will she try to be next?

She tried to be Danisnotonfire, then tried the hippy vegan, then the beauty guru, then the girl next door advice guru, then tried to be Pewdiepie with her gaming channel, then the rad mom, then the wannabe Taylor swift. She’s always been a sellout. She slated someone else for writing a book yet when someone pays her money to do it suddenly it’s been her life long dream.

Also I was shocked to find out she was around my age. I thought she might have been because she looks about my age but I dont know ANYONE my age who uses the words shade, dirt, tea, receipts or snack in the serious context she uses it, so wondered if maybe she was younger.
Emma doesn't seem to spend much time with people her own age so her personality is this weird combination of memes she's adopted to seem more relatable to her young audience. She also uses a lot of Americanisms for a British person so I think she just absorbs personalities from people she watches but doesn't know. It seems a lot like a coping mechanism sometimes?

aizawa
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aizawa »

Countdown to "why did I say 'tea' all the time? tea is OVER. let's never talk about tea, or shading. now I say something else and that's the REAL ME!"

HippoFriend
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HippoFriend »

Did you all forget about her Christian phase? What happened to that?

Post by Guest »

fgururu wrote:She's lost over 10,000 subscribers in the last 30 days https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/emmablackery
Wow!!! Why???

LylaJovana
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LylaJovana »

HippoFriend wrote:Did you all forget about her Christian phase? What happened to that?
Christian phase??? Please tell me more, I completely missed that. :?
Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

LylaJovana wrote:
HippoFriend wrote:Did you all forget about her Christian phase? What happened to that?
Christian phase??? Please tell me more, I completely missed that. :?
It happened pretty much at the same time as the Rad phase, she mentioned that she was a Christian a few times in her videos. It was a bit weird because it was completely out of the blue, she'd never really mentioned it before and completely stopped mentioning it after a couple of months. I think she recently said she was still a Christian but she didn't feel comfortable speaking about it online anymore.

She tried to make it part of her branding and it really really didn't work. She did that survey over on Vloggery and I think something like 50% or more of her audience identified as non-religious/atheist (don't quote me on that) so most of her audience weren't really that interested in hearing her talk about 'the rad dude up in the sky'.

Edit: following on from the discussion about her comment on that ig post: https://twitter.com/emmablackery/status ... 3901391873

Is this the same woman who said she wasn't going to shade people on twittah anymore?

stillnessintime
Learner
Learner

Post by stillnessintime »

The top reply on that clip of her new song got me laughing. Can't say I disagree with him tho Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
:love2:

MsMaybe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MsMaybe »

I totally forgot she had a religious phase! Wonder if she still is religious...she never mentions it in vlogs..Although she said she wasn’t going to be the bitchy shady one anymore...that lasted!

Didn’t she say she wasn’t straight but couldn’t imagine herself ever being with a woman...and that she only ever imagined herself with men?

She’s sure getting these singles out quick...isn’t there usually a few months between them?

Sabranan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sabranan »

tztlcrdg wrote:
fgururu wrote:She's lost over 10,000 subscribers in the last 30 days https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/emmablackery
Wow!!! Why???
It's been this way since shortly after the new year, every time she publishes a video (and therefore subs are reminded of her channel) she loses several hundred (sometimes over a thousand) subs, and then a smaller amount each day throughout the week regardless.

Even though I sort of agree that she shouldn't be obsessed with numbers, when you get that consistently over several months it should be a big warning light that something is wrong. Yet she's just letting it happen.

Views = money at the end of the day, yet she's unlisted 2/3rds of her main channel, literally sabotaging her main source of income.

Now I'm not sure what the music bigwigs actually want to see from someone they're considering giving a contract to, but I'd bet poor financial decisions aren't one of those things.

Nor would trying to censor your past so much that your content ends up on the pirate bay. She might actually be the first Youtuber in the world that can claim this!

moshmellow
Learner
Learner

Post by moshmellow »

Wow she rlly can't handle this sorta thing (comment on the teaser clip she released on twitter) Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

chocolatecheesecakes
Talker
Talker

moshmellow wrote:Wow she rlly can't handle this sorta thing (comment on the teaser clip she released on twitter) Image

Getting stuff criticised hurts, but that's the only way you get better. At this point, Emma's just trapped in this bubble where only her opinion matters, and she expects everyone to just fall in line with that. She's twenty-six, and yet she's acting like a five-year-old.

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer

Post by xoxo_24689 »

chocolatecheesecakes wrote:
moshmellow wrote:Wow she rlly can't handle this sorta thing (comment on the teaser clip she released on twitter) Image

Getting stuff criticised hurts, but that's the only way you get better. At this point, Emma's just trapped in this bubble where only her opinion matters, and she expects everyone to just fall in line with that. She's twenty-six, and yet she's acting like a five-year-old.
Was she seriously not expecting this kind of comment after she posted that 'teaser' clip? What were people supposed to say?! Wow, great vocals here emma!! A heavily autotuned 'uh' noise (trying to do a sassy T-Swift style thing, but just coming across too try-hard) on loop over and over again - incredible work!!
i talk too much, sry

Return to “Emma Blackery”