Trippinwithtarte

sheslostcontrol
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Trippinwithtarte

Post by sheslostcontrol »

Nurse KH45 wrote:I thought maybe it was just me that was getting so annoyed with this trip. I just can't believe that Tarte is paying for this trip for them for no reason. Then all of the free products. I will never buy Tarte products again either. I have a good mind to send them an email and tell them that. They could promote their products many other ways and even send real hard working customers some free products. These snobby stupid girls do not deserve this and don't appreciate it.
I didn't originally have too much of a problem with the Turks & Caicos trip, but since this trip comes just three months after that, and in between they've been to the Marc Jacobs thing in NYC where they all got a free MJ bag, and all sorts of other promo parties and freebies, I'm pretty upset. Why does Tarte need to do this for them?? They don't really use Tarte products and haven't earned it in any other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pink-panther »

They don't even mention or use Tarte when they're not on those trips. Their opinions about the products are useless because of how biased they are. Even if they don't like the products they're not gonna mention anything bad about it to not run the risk of not being invited to the next trip.
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

Strangegait
Learner
Learner

Post by Strangegait »

b00mb00m wrote:Where's Hrush's socially awkward creepy husband?
She actually had a BF named Vince but looks like they broke up suddenly. They both deleted eachother a pics off their instagrams

RA1NST0RM
Informer
Informer

Post by RA1NST0RM »

m0mo wrote:One (many) of my biggest questions is:

*who the fuck were half the people that went on this trip?
*how the hell did that Bretman Rock Filipino kid get to go on the trip? What did he ever do?
*Manny actually got invited? :rofl:
*why do these lazy youtube gurus get this kind of luxurious vacations?!?!?!?!?!

*I didn't know half of these "beauty gurus" :rofl:
*Bretman got invited literally last minute. He lives in Hawaii. He only stayed in the hotel in Kauai (?) for like one day and got the whole new collection :?
Also it was hella awkward when he met Hrush.
*I honestly have a strong feeling these gurus talk isshhh about Manny behind his back. He's also kind of awkward around different gurus. He didn't go skydiving either which I'm not surprised.
*WE DON'T KNOW !! :roll: :rofl:
"Shhh... the concealer is listening"~

Post by Guest »

RA1NST0RM wrote:
m0mo wrote:One (many) of my biggest questions is:

*who the fuck were half the people that went on this trip?
*how the hell did that Bretman Rock Filipino kid get to go on the trip? What did he ever do?
*Manny actually got invited? :rofl:
*why do these lazy youtube gurus get this kind of luxurious vacations?!?!?!?!?!

*I didn't know half of these "beauty gurus" :rofl:
*Bretman got invited literally last minute. He lives in Hawaii. He only stayed in the hotel in Kauai (?) for like one day and got the whole new collection :?
Also it was hella awkward when he met Hrush.
*I honestly have a strong feeling these gurus talk isshhh about Manny behind his back. He's also kind of awkward around different gurus. He didn't go skydiving either which I'm not surprised.
*WE DON'T KNOW !! :roll: :rofl:
I personally find him annoying in his videos, only watched two. Anywho, it's kind of awks bc he doesn't seem to fit in the group. Manny is so fake too, he doesn't fit that whole "clique"

b00mb00m
Informer
Informer

Post by b00mb00m »

Strangegait wrote:
b00mb00m wrote:Where's Hrush's socially awkward creepy husband?
She actually had a BF named Vince but looks like they broke up suddenly. They both deleted eachother a pics off their instagrams

Yes that's the one! he was so strange and seemed like total white trash. Wonder what happened, someone please make a thread about Hrush!

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

lanzixx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lanzixx »

No one has mentioned Teni yet, just thought I'd add this chick barely ever wears any makeup!!!! And she gets the same shit, at least Shayla cakes on makeup on the daily!
Teni is getting the goodies from the makeup companies and fashion companies and all she does is barely show it on snapchat. Getting a swatch from her is a stretch, let alone actually testing the product on her face.
Tbh I don't buy any of the shit they get, Tarte looks like they've released 200 different collections in the past 4 months just to have these gurus half assed promote their shit.

Brb, going back to MAC and staying there. At least when they use celebs or personalities it's for the viva glam campaign

b00mb00m
Informer
Informer

Post by b00mb00m »

Teni is the worst. Complain complain complain! She doesn't even like wearing make up, she got into this purely from a business standpoint.

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

"As user-generated content explodes, brands are ceding control of the flow of information. For the launch of its spring collection, Tarte opted for social media influencers to unveil the products before doing so itself. That strategy netted 20 million Instagram impressions prior to the collection being available for sale, leading to a growth rate of 80 percent for Tarte on Instagram and a 38 percent boost in engagement on the brand’s Instagram account."

Okay but do growth rates in followers actually = sales?

"the analytics firm Custora found that social media channels were responsible for a mere 1.8 percent of online sales." 

I posted the link to the article on Katy's channel but think it's more appropriate here: http://wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/bea ... -10347599/

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

^shit I meant Katy's thread, sorry won't let me edit my post!

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

exactly if it doesn't equate to sales why bother. they are pissing off the moms and adults who purchase tarte for their daughters and such who follow all these insta girls

Bambi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Bambi »

I hope they don't go on yet another fucking paid trip. Wtf???

Cocoamint
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Cocoamint »

I was interested in Tarte until this whole Trippin with Tarte fiasco. I had a feeling they were desperate try-hards because of the names of their lip paints (Yaasss, Twerk, Bae and whatnot) but Trippin with Tarte confirms it. They're so desperate to pander to the Instagram demographic, they're doing things that don't even make sense. Sending these instagram gurus on trips won't make their customers want buy their products. anymore than they did before.

kayblinky01
Debater
Debater

Post by kayblinky01 »

It sucks because I really like Tarte but I refuse to let my hard earned money line the pockets of these ungrateful and disrespectful gooroos who sit around all day doing nothing.

Tarte should have picked 20 customers who love their brand and sent them instead. We can snap just as much as the youtubers and people would probably actually want to watch us. We wouldn't be sayinnf YAAAASS all the fucking time.

DontHaveTimeToFilm
Debater
Debater

Post by DontHaveTimeToFilm »

Novalux wrote:Another thing... I wonder where Katy was yesterday when everyone was learning to hoola dance? Did anyone else notice she WASN'T there and she stopped snapping after the sky dive and didn't snap again until the dinner? I'm curious why she fell off for that time frame

PS ... How on earth did Guru's like nikkitutorials and jaclynhill nicolegurerro not get invited or go?? Their def more famous than Nicole concillio
Does christen Dominique have a thread?
Just made a Christen Dominique trash thread :tu:
http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=26436

bettibulb
Informer
Informer

Post by bettibulb »

So I read on Desi Perkins's thread that tarte might be taking them to Paris. It's so going to be so cringe worthy to watch. Ladies with zero class In Paris...

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

is there a benefit cosmetics trip thread? they're sending them out to Vegas

tryburch
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by tryburch »

is there a benefit cosmetics trip thread? they're sending them out to Vegas

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

bettibulb wrote:So I read on Desi Perkins's thread that tarte might be taking them to Paris. It's so going to be so cringe worthy to watch. Ladies with zero class In Paris...
God can you imagine them in their cheap instagram boutique clothing going out to dinner, thinking they're the shit and look "classy", when in reality they'll be looking trashy & tacky. I'm sure they'll be mistaken for hookers Image

Return to “Tarte”