Trippinwithtarte

withloveleena
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trippinwithtarte

Post by withloveleena »

I think this trip deserves its own thread.. The fuckery that's about to go down tho.. I don't have time to check everyone's individual thread so... Yeah lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xerynx
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Trippinwithtarte

Post by xerynx »

Yes!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing this am after watching everyone's snaps. They have Katy a go pro after she just bought one (I'm going to assume she mentioned at some point she wanted one and they didn't know she bought it on her own) plus the tons of gifts in everyone's room? As a customer, I look at these snaps and think right, this is totally why your product costs so much. So youtubers can go on their second vacation in six months.

I know some of you are math geniuses out there...I would love a guesstimate of what this trip + gifts + excursions cost Tarte.

b00mb00m
Informer
Informer

Post by b00mb00m »

I am never buying tarte products ever again. As a consumer how does it make me feel having hear lazy ass 'gurus' get the royal treatment with my hard earned money I paid for products?!

Fucking disgrace.

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pink-panther »

And all of those beauty gurus are not even big fans of their products, the one time I see them mentioning Tarte is when there's a trip coming. Their reactions to the products are always so fake and forced. They pretend to like it just so they can continue to be invited to those trips. :roll:
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

Nopelol
Talker
Talker

Post by Nopelol »

From a business standpoint, the whole promoting of the trip seems useless. Who in the actuality cares? Why would anyone want to purchase tarte after the trip, even if they love the person that went? I, however, wanna try that new foundation

DontHaveTimeToFilm
Debater
Debater

Post by DontHaveTimeToFilm »

In Desi's snaps from today, she skips out on skydiving only to instead have room service deliver breakfast to her hotel room, then steps outside to have a photoshoot in a skimpy bikini, and THEN goes back to her hotel room to WAIT FOR STEVEN TO BRING HER TACOS. What in the actual fuck!!!!!! She's in fucking HAWAII and she's sitting around like a little fucking lazy princess to wait on her sissy ass husband to bring her fucking tacos? I can't even. Seeing the ungrateful behavior of these spoiled "youtube guru" brats makes my blood boil. :-x :fit:

annoyed
Talker
Talker

Post by annoyed »

I just don't understand why they can't market their own products without the gurus. Like they have their own snapchat, periscope, and other social media, they can promote their own products.

I remember they had Sam and Dom showing products on periscope before and Nikkie another time. Why don't they have people who actually know about the products talk about them? You know they're just taking out of their ass anyway, but having gurus on periscope hardly even bothers me compared to these dumb ass trips. They could even have certain gurus have a snapchat take over or a good old fashioned sponsored video. I'd rather actually watch a sponsored video then anything about Hawaii because at least in sponsored videos the guru will typically do their own little review and you can get an idea of how good it is and if it will work for you. What good is having gurus come back to their rooms and getting a shit ton of their new products in shades they can't even wear and colors they don't like. They pretty much only show the packaging and move on. I'm a sucker for packaging, and tarte has cute stuff, but I'm not gonna waste my money on something that sucks. The only thing I even remember for the T&C trip is the lippie paint things, and I don't even remember if they were good enough to buy.

I used to be a fan of tarte, but I'm not going to be buying anything from them anytime soon.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by peachesnoranges »

I wonder if Tarte has seen an increase in sales since the Turks and Caicos trip because a lot of people are not happy with them. I understand companies sending youtubers products to review because it is a business. But it's a slap in the face for consumers who have to pay full price for these products while Tarte is sending these youtubers on first class flights, vacations, and giving them every product for free.

Does anyone besides Shayla use the Tarte products they receive?

CasualObserver

Post by CasualObserver »

I love this thread! Can we keep a running list of all the random Tarte branded nonsense from this trip? Did anyone notice that the landing pad from their skydiving was tarte branded?

Also, did you guys get that email for the tarte sweepstakes trip to Austin? I think someone realized that bankrolling multiple vacations for random YTers wasn't sitting well with the people who actually buy their products.

etta

Post by etta »

annoyed wrote:What good is having gurus come back to their rooms and getting a shit ton of their new products in shades they can't even wear and colors they don't like
Exactly! Like at least invite actual MUAs who can get use out of all the free shit they get given! I think the only actual MUA that went is that Hrush girl. The rest are just "social media influencers" who Tarte hopes will bring exposure to their brand. It seems to be having the opposite effect though-tons of people seem annoyed that they get all these free vacations, and less likely to buy their products now if anything lol

HolyPoly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by HolyPoly »

There are so many Tarte products I've been wanting to try. But I refuse to give them any of my money if they're just going to use it to fund trips for a bunch of social media "stars".

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

i cant even watch those hawaii snaps! i've been to hawaii and it cost me a fortune, it frustrates me seeing those bitches getting it all for free!!!

OVERFEDBUMPONALOG
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by OVERFEDBUMPONALOG »

I want to contact Tarte and tell them that effective marketing to consumers is lowering the price of a product. Jacking up the retail price so they can fund ridiculous trips that the average consumer and buyers of their products would not be able to take and sending people that don't have the first clue about proper make-up application does not male me want to buy their products. On top of this, after being gifted these lavished trips to T&C and Hawaii, there's no way in hell these YouTube idiots will ever again give an honest review about the products. Why would they if the money and exotic trips are flowing like wine??? Too bad the FTC/FDA doesn't enforce rules on cosmetics companies like they do drug sales representatives.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

strokingmylegbeard
Talker
Talker

Post by strokingmylegbeard »

I've never bought Tarte products, but decided I never will after the Turks trip.
I'm sure other brands make big gifts, and we've all seen entire collections being sent to bloggers/"gurus"/whatever, but hey, they put it under promos and advertising.
Trippinwithtarte turns me off because the only thing the attendees have to do to be there is sit in front of the camera and say they love their products.
They don't even have to mean it. It can be anything from a half-assed mention or a dedicated video. THAT'S IT!
How many employees of Tarte get treated to lavish trips? How often? How many loyal customers get free products?

Also, how many people are there? It's not a select few.. It's everyone and their mother!
I'd probably be less salty if it were the people with the most views or likes on Tarte posts, or someone who has been using their products for a long time.

Truth be told, if I was offered a free vacation every six months I would absolutely take it. I don't blame anyone who went. I just hate Tarte's tactics.

I guess social media in a way helps us weed out things. I've avoided brands specifically because of the amounts of product they send to so many people, even was surprised with some, as I wouldn't think they'd stoop so low (e.g. Hourglass sending out their entire inventory to Chloe Morrello, and expecting us to pay that much for so little - I was in love with that stuff, still am, but I will not be repurchasing). Makes things a bit easier for consumers.

jtbi98
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by jtbi98 »

It must be hilarious to see all these shiny cake faces trying to prance around and look fancy and doing photoshoots in Hawaii when 90% of the other people there are super casual and having a nice, relaxing holiday.

Nopelol
Talker
Talker

Post by Nopelol »

Honest to lawd, I thought his face was one of those stick heads they all seem to be loving. His head is damned big. HUGE!

Also, those stick faces are really, really dumb.

Nopelol
Talker
Talker

Post by Nopelol »

Also, it appears that manny does NOT like Katy whatsoever. Look at that cheeky bitch ass smile. God help me.

cheezecake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cheezecake »

I was sad that we don't have any chance to order or buy Tarte in Switzerland. Thanks Tarte to get me out of this misery! I am so happy i never funded these stupid trips.

Now, i agree with you, this seems pointless: it is a slap in our faces. These goorus don't do anything there product related. They just chill on our bill. I started to get irritated how brands send their entire product lines to people who will never use it (e.g. ALL shades of Marc Jacobs foundation to people who are not even MUAs and one darn bottle costs us 50 bucks while they got 500 worth of products). But just like this was not enough, PR trips started!

What is scary though, is that PR trips seem to work. Because sales get analysed during and after these trips and if they went down, the trips will never happen again. But as you can see, trips are continuing. Also, i don't know about Tarte but Benefit is owned by LVMH. These guys are quite serious and they will never do anything that does not bring any ROI.

So guys, it is ALL on us! Please don't finance these brands!

b00mb00m
Informer
Informer

Post by b00mb00m »

Random but is there a thread here for Hrush? If not, where can I make one...just in the lesser known guru section?

LazyHughes
Informer
Informer

Post by LazyHughes »

Hi guys,

I'm confused! Weren't Manny and Patrick going to Hawaii with Benefit or are they all staying at the same hotel???

From what I gather there is a clique (Desi, Katy, Hrush, Shayla, iluvsarahii) and they basically just keep to their own group. What was the point of tarte even asking anyone else to come when they only care about them?
This is on their instagram page-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBk6D7BvpHR/
and from the creative director-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBm9YcOQy7C/

Return to “Tarte”