Dan & Phil Part 54: Angel Bean & D-Slice

jesssica
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 54: Angel Bean & D-Slice

Post by jesssica »

I'm happy to see dates/venues will hopefully be announced in the next few days... I'm hoping for both LA & SD shows. Looks like there are a few people lurking here from my neck of the woods? I'm 100% alone in my D&P fascination in the real world (the five people I've told of this fascination have pretty much all mocked me :cry: :roll: :argh: ), so if anyone going to any shows in southern California would like to meet up, I'm more than game for it. Seriously. I will stick out like a sore thumb amongst the cringe, but I'm willing to do it to see D&P. Don't think I'm interested in the M&G, but we'll see if I still feel that way come June...

catcharm
Learner
Learner

Post by catcharm »

manged wrote:Ugh. I'm pretty sure they'll do a show within a 25-50 mile radius of my current location. I can afford tickets. Hell, I could easily go for the VIP M&G package if I really wanted to. There's nothing stopping me from purchasing a ticket... but I don't know if I really want to go??? I almost hope they don't have a show in my area so I can have an excuse for not attending, but I also don't want to regret missing the opportunity to watch them live.

Honestly, I just want them to release the official footage from their London show. I'd rather just watch that in the comfort and privacy of my own home. Yes, I know it's not the same as seeing them live with an audience leave me alone.
I agree! I didn't see them when they came to the UK because I knew I would find it really awkward and would rather just watch the footage when it came out. HOWEVER I expected the footage to come out a long time ago and I'm still waiting.. so I kind of regret it :lol: Plus from what I've heard it got really good reviews and everyone seemed to love it. If the footage isn't out by the time they come back to Europe, I -might- go to one of the dates.. Perhaps a Netherlands or Austria date. I guess I'll wait to see what people on here say about the USA tour though

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

stella2000 wrote:
uglyanime wrote:
also did the uk tour sell out fast? because im going to be at work when tickets go on sale, i want to know if i can wait a few hours
Someone please answer this!! I won't be able to get tickets until a few hours after they go on sale (if they even come to my city).
I don't think they sold out in minutes fast but the m and g did. I know they had to put on more times but I think they would have thought of that this time. There was tickets left weeks before for my date so I would say you would be okay. All you can do it try.

I would say it was 100% worth it. I went with my 32 year old sister (I am 23) and she was one of the oldest there that wasn't a mom. We did put cat whiskers and ears on but we are short so we could blend in. There was a bit of screaming but you will get that at anything. It was very chill though. I think you would regret it if you didn't try to get tickets. It was more of a theatre show than it was just d and p on stage!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

flarequake
Lurker
Lurker

Post by flarequake »

joyfullurker wrote: Question for people who went on the tour. How kid appropriate is it? Obviously it's geared towards teens, but I watch Dan and Phil with my nieces and may or may not have gotten them hooked. (I know they aren't super appropriate for elementary aged kids, but they aren't that bad and it was that or throw them off the bed because they turned on another barbie princess clip so...)

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be too much for the little one (6) but okay for the older (10) Thoughts? I want to think of the general audience and their shouting of inappropriate things as well.
It's 99% kid friendly, only a few innuendoes in a few segments, I really wouldn't worry, all in all I thought it was a very sweet show.

Anyone debating going, I'd go! Once in a lifetime chance to see them on stage as far as we know and by god they know how to put on a show, just the buildup before they came onstage was done cleverly. I went for M&G when they released extra dates because I really wanted to meet them and knew it would be fast, and I'm glad I did, but it is a lot of money.

The audience mostly teenage girls with a few boys, parents and older women sprinkled in, so that energy was obvious and there was cheering and screaming at times, mostly right at the beginning, but I found it all right. It was encouraged in the show a few times anyway, the guys know their audience and how to channel the energy pretty well.

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

I'd love to vote on a new thread name, but I have no idea what 4 of them are even referring to and Phildanalds was weeks ago.

Damn, what happened to this thread lol. Used to be my favourite around here, always full of interesting chat but nowwww *tumbleweed* :roll:

mermaid blood
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by mermaid blood »

humanholiday wrote:I'd love to vote on a new thread name, but I have no idea what 4 of them are even referring to and Phildanalds was weeks ago.

Damn, what happened to this thread lol. Used to be my favourite around here, always full of interesting chat but nowwww *tumbleweed* :roll:
i agree. it is a shame it used be so much faster moving. at least a lot of conversation has just gone to twitter or private places, rather than died. i like the idea of privacy in my chats with other fans now, for their sanity as creators and my own enjoyment, but also, forums provide that archive and evidence that other forms just can't. that can be really interesting to look back on. again both for audience, and creator.

i still enjoy and talk about their content, even if my participation has left GG mostly. i adored the natural and happy safari snaps, i'm enjoying Undertale, i liked how relaxed Phil seemed in his no sleep AP vid, and I'm curious to see how they host the Brits thingo this week. whether it will be very different in tone to last year, and how that is evolving. i do hope it is changing, and they're not stuck in any overly-formulaic ruts. i'd like to see them just enjoy themselves as well as doing the charismatic host thing, as they're both music fans.

i think the US tour will bring some interesting discussion, seeing as the last lot of interviews and reception had some eyebrow raising moments (mostly from the interviewers). but also bring on more Huffpost and Apple quality sessions, i'm here for it. I wonder if Tatinof itself will change and reflect their current state of mind in parts, or remain mostly the same as the UK one.

spaceguitarr
Debater
Debater

Post by spaceguitarr »

I wonder if we can make a separate page for tour semantics? I do want to discuss the tour when things actually happen, but for someone who is not planning on attending, the details about the tour are unbelievingly boring. Perhaps this discussion will be over soon anyway-

_chairlifted
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _chairlifted »

akui wrote:
manged wrote:Ugh. I'm pretty sure they'll do a show within a 25-50 mile radius of my current location. I can afford tickets. Hell, I could easily go for the VIP M&G package if I really wanted to. There's nothing stopping me from purchasing a ticket... but I don't know if I really want to go??? I almost hope they don't have a show in my area so I can have an excuse for not attending, but I also don't want to regret missing the opportunity to watch them live.

Honestly, I just want them to release the official footage from their London show. I'd rather just watch that in the comfort and privacy of my own home. Yes, I know it's not the same as seeing them live with an audience leave me alone.
Girl, i feel ya, I feel so relieved they are not coming to Australia. (At least it seems like it)
i feel like even if they did (emphasis on IF) come to australia, there's like a 50/50 chance they'll just go to melbo and sydney (but then again, who knows what could happen)

stella2000
Learner
Learner

Post by stella2000 »

Does anyone know what month the tour will be in?

It's going to be in June, isn't it. The month I'll be in England.
:love2: :love2:

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

stella2000 wrote:Does anyone know what month the tour will be in?

It's going to be in June, isn't it. The month I'll be in England.
It seems they are having it in June; I guess to coincide with Vidcon and also their demographic's school holidays.
Credit:amazingfiru

Jeweul
Informer
Informer

Post by Jeweul »

There's no way I'm going to be able to go if it's in June. I've already spent $300+ dollars for different events this summer. :? Kinda hope they don't come here to save me from the regret of not going. :rofl:
Stakhanov wrote:A stork keeping his eyes on the prize. Interesting. A theatrically placed purple monkey. Very good. A big daddy bear to lean on. Bonus points!

satan666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by satan666 »

joyfullurker wrote:Helloooo It's me. A person who hasn't posted in months...oops.

Question for people who went on the tour. How kid appropriate is it? Obviously it's geared towards teens, but I watch Dan and Phil with my nieces and may or may not have gotten them hooked. (I know they aren't super appropriate for elementary aged kids, but they aren't that bad and it was that or throw them off the bed because they turned on another barbie princess clip so...)

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be too much for the little one (6) but okay for the older (10) Thoughts? I want to think of the general audience and their shouting of inappropriate things as well.
the show its self is pg but there are some innuendos (if i remember correctly) but these will probs go over the heads of them tbh
idk

phantastico
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by phantastico »

In moments like this I wish i could travel to the USA, DAMMIT CHILE
Phan™ is more expensive than my college books

itsamy
Learner
Learner

Post by itsamy »

it can be outdated, idk, but at vidcon dan mentioned they were going to visit about 15 cities
[video][/video]
56:01

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Can someone enlighten me about "Damn Daniel" I woke up to this meme :?
Credit:amazingfiru

greatnessflicker
Learner
Learner

Post by greatnessflicker »

sweetmm wrote:Can someone enlighten me about "Damn Daniel" I woke up to this meme :?
It is a reference to these snaps of a classmate complimenting his friend. I think the meme proliferated in the phandom just because of the name "Daniel" (a few people on my tumblr dashboard said s/t about "imagine Phil doing this to Dan"). Yeah, I don't really get it either.

Anyways, it explains this. Apparently a lot of other social media personalities named Dan/Daniel are getting the same treatment, too.

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

yay, tour times are upon us once again, this in turn makes me very excited (& not just because I hope it might revive some interesting posts on the forum)
pixlexia wrote:Question for anyone's who's already gotten a chance to go to the tour:

How was the audience? I'm all for teen girls having their space to scream and get excited to their hearts content, but at the same time my own tolerance level is very low for that stuff. I'm an older fan, and while I'm probably going to get a ticket either way, I wanted to know how crazy the audience actually is? Is it really mostly screaming teen girls or is there some variance in there? Or am I going to be an odd duckling standing amongst teenagers who brought their parents along, all the while getting annoyed that I can't hear the show over people shouting jokes at them that are over five years old? :?
I went to a few different dates across the UK and honestly it depended on the city mostly. Sheffield was bearable, there was some screaming (especially when they do their little playlist before it starts) but during the show it was okay, some screaming but it died down when they were talking. London was louder than Sheffield but again, it wasn't constant. Brighton, tbh I was fairly drunk during this show but I don't remember it being that bad, and Basingstoke was hella quiet, and that was even during the last bit which I won't spoil but everyone goes crazy for.
After having been to those dates, I would tell anyone doubting going to just go and see it, because it is fucking awesome. I was so against the bour when it was first announced but then ended up at SIX (yeah yeah I know) dates across the UK and I am already talking with someone from here about going to see it again in America because why not make a little holiday and go see it again, it really is that good.
Just buy yourself a ticket, you'll be missing out if you don't :)
joyfullurker wrote:
Question for people who went on the tour. How kid appropriate is it? Obviously it's geared towards teens, but I watch Dan and Phil with my nieces and may or may not have gotten them hooked. (I know they aren't super appropriate for elementary aged kids, but they aren't that bad and it was that or throw them off the bed because they turned on another barbie princess clip so...)

Totally kid appropriate, there is hardly anything in there (bar maybe the fanfic section) that would be deemed unacceptable for children. I reckon you're right about the 6 year old but probably just because they'd be bored of sitting for an hour and a half, but the 10 year old will fit right in. The audience in the UK didn't shout out anything other than "omgzzzzz phan iz reeels guys".
Dude, you gotta go if they tour near you, tell me and human where you live because you never know if we might end up there :D another GG meetup, whoop :love2: I was such a killjoy about the bour before it happened and then after couldn't, and still can't, stop raving about it. It's just something that is good live, I dunno if they'll be able to transfer that atmosphere onto DVD so I would really recommend getting a ticket (and this is coming from me, old misery).
stella2000 wrote:
also did the uk tour sell out fast? because im going to be at work when tickets go on sale, i want to know if i can wait a few hours
VIP sold out within about 30 minutes, but the normal tickets took a little while. The first set of dates they released didn't sell out as quickly because they just dropped it so people didn't have the time to beg their parents (thankfully because I got really good seats because I'm old enough to have my old credit card) but when they announced the second lot, and gave people a week to get ready, then it sold much quicker. It was only the Basingstoke and last London show that they had more trouble selling, but they got added really really late. I wouldn't be surprised if the good seats went super fast.
humanholiday wrote:I'd love to vote on a new thread name, but I have no idea what 4 of them are even referring to
Same dude, what is the magical and dreamy red threads all about? I only voted for PhilANALds because it's rude.
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

bluecaterpillar
Learner
Learner

Post by bluecaterpillar »

missemma wrote:Same dude, what is the magical and dreamy red threads all about? I only voted for PhilANALds because it's rude.
in the world chef vid, dan and phil were discussing what they'd call their wine brand and phil said 'dan and phil's dreamy red liquid'. it's annoying, that vid gave us a few good thread names but they're kind of outdated now :(
humanholiday wrote:Damn, what happened to this thread lol. Used to be my favourite around here, always full of interesting chat but nowwww *tumbleweed* :roll:

hope d&p do something soon (that's relevant even for people not going to the us tour). i guess there's going to be a phil ls tomorrow although that probs won't provide us with much to discuss. maybe dan will get home from holiday soon. and, brit awards next wednesday!
sarcasm is the highest form of wit

satan666
Lurker
Lurker

Post by satan666 »

i dont know if this has been mentioned already but on the guardian list of bestsellers it shows how much tabinof has sold. (unfortunatly less than alfie but he released his book earlier in the year) http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/d ... des-on-top

The Amazing Book Is Not on Fire: The World of Dan and Phil Dan Howell & Phil Lester Ebury 8 Oct 2015 Hardback £16.99 115,036.00
idk

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”