Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Alix / I Covet Thee

Post by koalah »

soycapwithone wrote:
BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
soycapwithone wrote:
I was completely disappointed on her when she posted that Instagram story of her in a bikini. Doing what petite Suzie will take her nowhere.
It seems like she has no personality and will do whatever dirty Suzie does.

I think it's refreshing to see a realistic looking body on my Instagram. Alix shouldn't be penalised for her body, good on her for showing it off.

But.. nobody is penalising her for her body here? I think riseupabove's point wasn't that Alix doesn't have the body to wear a bikini, but that it seems like she's starting to pick up several of Suzie's annoying habits (like the head bobbing boomerangs) which, I agree, is a bit worrying. I really want Alix to stay true to herself, but apparently spending so much time with a toxic friend like Suzie is starting to have negative effects on her behaviour.
Then why the need to reference Suzie as petite in this context, if not to compare to Alix? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
I think the running joke is that Suzie constantly mentions that she's petite, small, short. All the time. When she's really not all that small/petite anyways. It's not a comparison to Alix at all.

Blair Gilbert
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Blair Gilbert »

soycapwithone wrote: Then why the need to reference Suzie as petite in this context, if not to compare to Alix? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
you need to either go visit Suzie's thread or stop being second hand embarrassed. No one was body shaming anyone, why does this need to be explained by 17 people

evolsirap
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by evolsirap »

I was really digging the fresh bohemian vibe to her spring clothing haul until she pulled out the khaki pants Suzie owns... I mean they do look really great on her but I feel like she’s morphing into that dirty hobbit, first with the bikini and now the pants. It’s nice to be inspired by your friends and peers but she’s slowly losing her individuality.

soycapwithone
Debater
Debater

Post by soycapwithone »

koalah wrote:
soycapwithone wrote:
BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
soycapwithone wrote:
I was completely disappointed on her when she posted that Instagram story of her in a bikini. Doing what petite Suzie will take her nowhere.

I think it's refreshing to see a realistic looking body on my Instagram. Alix shouldn't be penalised for her body, good on her for showing it off.

But.. nobody is penalising her for her body here? I think riseupabove's point wasn't that Alix doesn't have the body to wear a bikini, but that it seems like she's starting to pick up several of Suzie's annoying habits (like the head bobbing boomerangs) which, I agree, is a bit worrying. I really want Alix to stay true to herself, but apparently spending so much time with a toxic friend like Suzie is starting to have negative effects on her behaviour.
Then why the need to reference Suzie as petite in this context, if not to compare to Alix? Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.
I think the running joke is that Suzie constantly mentions that she's petite, small, short. All the time. When she's really not all that small/petite anyways. It's not a comparison to Alix at all.
ahhh I see, thank you! Sorry for misunderstanding, I never visit Suzie's thread as I have zero interest in her so didn't understand the in-joke. My bad. No need to be snarky Blair Gilbert!

lavieenrose
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lavieenrose »

evolsirap wrote:I was really digging the fresh bohemian vibe to her spring clothing haul until she pulled out the khaki pants Suzie owns... I mean they do look really great on her but I feel like she’s morphing into that dirty hobbit, first with the bikini and now the pants. It’s nice to be inspired by your friends and peers but she’s slowly losing her individuality.
It's nothing new though. Most of what Alix wears/likes is what's popular on the high street/ made popular by other social media influencers. She's not exactly original, nothing wrong with that though..

RosalitaRaspberry
Debater
Debater

Post by RosalitaRaspberry »

I haven't watched Suzie's most recent vlog, but someone in the HelloOctober thread mentioned Alix was also acting kind of obnoxious with the squealing and other Suzie-like behavior. Did anyone catch that by chance?

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

It’s bond to rub off her ( bad influence)! It’s rather unfortunate! The day Alix realises this and dump her is when I celebrate :(

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater

Post by velvet-guru »

soycapwithone wrote:

No one was penalizing her :roll:
There is nothing worth applauding over posting a bikini shot. I would applaud her if she put out some creative content or a well written blog post; something that required used of her brain, not just a bikini and a camera. We as a society would be a lot better off if every time people wanted to seek the approval of others by posting a narcissistic photo they would pick up a chapter of a book instead.

Cinnamon roll
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinnamon roll »

Have you seen her jumper in the latest insta story? Piling a-la Suz the hobbit. Ugh. I thought she was better than that.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

I can't believe she bought into that Chanel "deconstructed lipstick" nonsense. Talk about making something as simple as lipstick far too complicated (and expensive).

Rage&Love
Informer
Informer

Post by Rage&Love »

GURL FIX YOUR HAIR

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

And stupid head bobbing on her IG story saying she misses HelloOctober. Omg woman, have some dignity please!!
Cinnamon roll wrote:Have you seen her jumper in the latest insta story? Piling a-la Suz the hobbit. Ugh. I thought she was better than that.

rustandust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Alix / I Covet Thee

Post by rustandust »

Rage&Love wrote:GURL FIX YOUR HAIR
yes WHY hasn't she? I clicked on her latest vid and that was my first thought. SO BAD.

Satellites
Debater
Debater

Post by Satellites »

her hair literally looks like some caramel version of neapolitan ice cream. i cant believe she can edit that video and not realise how fucking awful her hair looks with 3 different colours in literal chunks on her head.

also re: bikini photo. alix has a nice body but what the hell is she doing in that photo? she couldn't have tried harder to make herself look thinner than she is, with the wide leg stance for thigh gap and tucking both her upper arms tightly into her body. if you're gonna post a bikini picture that's great, be proud, but don't mislead people. her true body shape is very obvious from her try-on hauls.

Cinnamon roll
Talker
Talker

Post by Cinnamon roll »

Am I the only one, who thought of Lil Suz when Alix decluttered the petite heat palette? :D

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Oh dear, I think it's safe to say Alix has now joined Sue's crop top club. Why is she even copying her?! AaarrgghhhImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

meg1912 wrote:Oh dear, I think it's safe to say Alix has now joined Sue's crop top club. Why is she even copying her?! AaarrgghhhImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk
That is such a creepy photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Does Alix get her groceries delivered? That's what it sounded like in her vlog. So strange...you'd think it would be healthier for her to get out of the house. It's not like she's so busy that she can't buy her own groceries.

Post by Guest »

I work at home and get my groceries delivered. Ocado are so good and it's so convenient to get them delivered rather than traipse around Tesco.

kurkuma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kurkuma »

sophieimogen wrote:I work at home and get my groceries delivered. Ocado are so good and it's so convenient to get them delivered rather than traipse around Tesco.
So it's a common thing in the UK? I've noticed many British Youtubers get them delivered. Here in Germany some supermarkets offer deliveries, but most people still go out to buy their groceries.

Return to “I Covet Thee”