The Sidemen

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Sidemen

Post by EST »

^ yt call it 'fan funding' and it isn't available in all countries which could be why some people don't see it.

as for why simon & josh do it, well because why not. i doubt either of them need the small change it probably generates for them.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

i doubt either of them need the small change it probably generates for them.
That's exactly my point. It's cringey for successful Youtubers to ask their fans for money. Especially here, where their fans are mostly young kids who don't know better than to give their money away to people who don't need it.

I get that Simon and Josh don't have successful side hustles like KSI, Zoella, Joe Sugg, etc., and maybe actually struggle to fund their channels, but I still find it inappropriate.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

meandthemoon wrote:
i doubt either of them need the small change it probably generates for them.
That's exactly my point. It's cringey for successful Youtubers to ask their fans for money. Especially here, where their fans are mostly young kids who don't know better than to give their money away to people who don't need it.

I get that Simon and Josh don't have successful side hustles like KSI, Zoella, Joe Sugg, etc., and maybe actually struggle to fund their channels, but I still find it inappropriate.
More like fund their part for the house they live in, lifestyle, desperate for any cash, etc... They make more than enough to fund their channels lmao.

tnw1
Learner
Learner

Post by tnw1 »

I wish they would stop with these desperate cries for sympathy. I get they do a bit more than make a few videos nowadays, but I'd love to know what time they woke up today and how they spent their day. Especially Callux, who makes about 30 minutes of content a week if that. Like fucking hell mate, how much time do you need?

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

[tweet][/tweet]

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

More like fund their part for the house they live in, lifestyle, desperate for any cash, etc... They make more than enough to fund their channels lmao.
Haha yes, you're right. I worded it poorly. I meant that what they earn isn't enough to fund both their lifestyle and their channel.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

[tweet][/tweet]

This kid is so embarrassing. To think that millions of young kids look up him. He also retweet Donald Trump right after.

Will any of the other Sidemen grow a spine and reply to him? I won't hold my breath.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

meandthemoon wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

This kid is so embarrassing. To think that millions of young kids look up him. He also retweet Donald Trump right after.

Will any of the other Sidemen grow a spine and reply to him? I won't hold my breath.
He's the human definition of trash. Nothing he says has purpose. He better hold on to youtube for as long as he can, because he has no future elsewhere.

wendy whaleiams
Debater
Debater

Post by wendy whaleiams »

Honestly, Harry is like a dumb POS :roll: people only like him because he's somewhat attractive or he's so obnoxious that he draws in those alike. He's always been immature, rude, made prejudice/racist/homophobic statements. It's a good fucking thing his fans aren't over the age of 10 and cannot vote. He and Olajide can make all the shit statements they want and won't get backlash from their friends because they know that without them and without their stupidity they'd lose their fans and have to leave their house in search of a real job
As for the tweets about time it must be so hard to spend what like 5-7 hours out of a 24 hour day filming and editing videos of you having fun with your friends in the comfort of your own and then doing nothing else :tu: Good job, boys! Good Job! :tu:

tnw1
Learner
Learner

Post by tnw1 »

So I watched the new book tour video, and it's crazy to see how popular they are and how much influence they have on young kids. They've achieved so much from just playing games and recording them. There was one stand-out awkward moment though, when someone gifted Ethan a football shirt with "What do you mean, I'm gay?" on the back and of course to these guys and their 12 year old fans, being gay is hilarious and derogatory. I can just picture their management cringing when they saw this. Makes me wonder if the parents of these kids have ever watched their heroes videos! :D

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

There was one stand-out awkward moment though, when someone gifted Ethan a football shirt with "What do you mean, I'm gay?" on the back and of course to these guys and their 12 year old fans, being gay is hilarious and derogatory.
This genuinely makes me so sad. Imagine being a young fan who is gay or coming to terms with his/her sexuality and your idols are basically telling you that being gay is disgusting and a joke. Or imagine being a gay kid and your friends, who are fans of the Sidemen, parrot their homophobia and how awful that must feel.

I just don't get how they are not sensitive to these things or hwo they have not changed at all. It's so disheartening.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

[video][/video]

Sooo, I just came across this video.

And, OH MY LORD, Simon says the N word at 3:30.

I. am. in. shock. :o :o :o :o

tnw1
Learner
Learner

Post by tnw1 »

That's probably why it's now unlisted. On a more positive note, Ethan is looking a lot slimmer now than two years ago in that video! Good on him.

halkatlaa
Debater
Debater

Post by halkatlaa »

So Ethan called Ricegum a dickhead for being mad about the youtube rewind. and Risegum made a diss track about him
[youtube][/youtube]

then Callux made a video on Risegum
[youtube][/youtube]

I love Callux :rofl:
Icelandic so sorry for spelling mistakes :D

Weird Vagina
Sparkling Unicorn
Sparkling Unicorn

Post by Weird Vagina »

^ ethan sucks... seriously he deserves shit

callux's 'diss track' was better tho lol

tnw1
Learner
Learner

Post by tnw1 »

I'm feeling so much second hand embarrassment for them with this blatant paid promotion shit for The Grand Tour TV show. I highly doubt they even watch the show, I bet they're just given Tweet drafts with screenshots and they just copy and paste them throughout the hour. No problem with them doing paid promo, but it's so blatant and shameful. I'm glad people are calling them out on it.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

tnw1 wrote:I'm feeling so much second hand embarrassment for them with this blatant paid promotion shit for The Grand Tour TV show. I highly doubt they even watch the show, I bet they're just given Tweet drafts with screenshots and they just copy and paste them throughout the hour. No problem with them doing paid promo, but it's so blatant and shameful. I'm glad people are calling them out on it.
Ad's are fine...in the correct amount of doses..but 4 tweets every 2 hours being a paid promotion is just too much. They must be getting paid hefty to embarrass themselves hourly like that.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

tnw1 wrote:I'm feeling so much second hand embarrassment for them with this blatant paid promotion shit for The Grand Tour TV show. I highly doubt they even watch the show, I bet they're just given Tweet drafts with screenshots and they just copy and paste them throughout the hour. No problem with them doing paid promo, but it's so blatant and shameful. I'm glad people are calling them out on it.
Ad's are fine...in the correct amount of doses..but 4 tweets every 2 hours being a paid promotion is just too much. They must be getting paid hefty to embarrass themselves hourly like that.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

So, I've been sort of impressed with JJ lately. He seems to be changing and growing. A few weeks ago, he did a video about the Sinterklaas tradition and racism. And today he did a video reacting to a video he made a few years ago where he basically degraded women. He approached it in a jokey way, but it was refreshing to see him recognize how problematic and wrong his actions were. He even used the word "misogyny" a number of times.

I hope the trend continues.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

meandthemoon wrote:So, I've been sort of impressed with JJ lately. He seems to be changing and growing. A few weeks ago, he did a video about the Sinterklaas tradition and racism. And today he did a video reacting to a video he made a few years ago where he basically degraded women. He approached it in a jokey way, but it was refreshing to see him recognize how problematic and wrong his actions were. He even used the word "misogyny" a number of times.

I hope the trend continues.
Yup, I like who he is becoming. He was terrible, but life is all about growth. He better hope his boy Harry grows the fuck up soon too.

meandthemoon
Learner
Learner

Post by meandthemoon »

[youtube][/youtube]

Apparently, he's done it again. Damn. He does not give a fuck. Josh was even shocked.

Return to “The British Crew”