Estee Lalonde Busted By ASA Authorities

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Estee Lalonde Busted By ASA Authorities

Post by paidinfluencer »

"Thank you for your recent enquiry about advertising/promotional material for Estee Lalonde.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this.

We have explained your concerns to the advertiser and provided guidance to them on the areas that require attention, together with advice on how to ensure that their advertising complies with the Codes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring. If you would like more information about our complaint handling principles, please visit our website at https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx. "

I just wanted you guys to know that is important to contact ASA for false advertising on YouTube. Estee and others make so such money from constant shilling. Her Fresh store opening video was flagged for not openly stating in the video that she was sponsored to vlog about the opening.

Sorry you are not sorry Estee, but false advertising has consequences and ASA is now watching you.

Sorry for the typos on the previous thread. I couldnt edit my post, so if someone could delete the other one. ASA. :D

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Re: Estee Lalonde Busted By ASA Authorities

Post by paidinfluencer »

ASA, Advertising Standards Authority, got her ass for misleading viewers in her vlog about the Fresh store opening when she pretended she was just for her "friend's" event and never mentioned in the vlog that she was paid to attend the event, vlog, and post the video on youtube by Fresh.
Really arrogant and stupid.

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings.aspx

nightpolitik
Informer
Informer

Post by nightpolitik »

L-laura-L wrote:
paidinfluencer wrote:ASA, Advertising Standards Authority, got her ass for misleading viewers in her vlog about the Fresh store opening when she pretended she was just for her "friend's" event and never mentioned in the vlog that she was paid to attend the event, vlog, and post the video on youtube by Fresh.
Really arrogant and stupid.

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings.aspx
could you please post the video here?

Vlog channel, one month ago titled new store opening. It now has the word ad in the title.

Suffice to say that the only things that aren't ads in her vlogs are the dog and domino's.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

paidinfluencer wrote:she pretended she was just for her "friend's" event
Now it's been proven that she used the word "friend" to disguise her relationship with Fresh, it makes every other "friend" reference going back into previous videos even more dubious. Even if they were just freebies and not sponsored features, how can anyone believe "my friend gave me these ready meals" or "my friend gave me this Nutribullet" in light of this? I remember anyone who questioned where the Nutribullet came from got slaughtered in the comments for being so cynical and distrusting. Can you blame us?
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

oh_n0ez
Talker
Talker

Post by oh_n0ez »

bells77 wrote:
Now it's been proven that she used the word "friend" to disguise her relationship with Fresh, it makes every other "friend" reference going back into previous videos even more dubious. Even if they were just freebies and not sponsored features, how can anyone believe "my friend gave me these ready meals" or "my friend gave me this Nutribullet" in light of this? I remember anyone who questioned where the Nutribullet came from got slaughtered in the comments for being so cynical and distrusting. Can you blame us?
I still get notifications of people liking my comment on that Nutribullet video! That was really the video that did it for me...she'd been bothering me for quite some time, but it all seemed innocent enough. Until she decided to lie through her teeth that a "friend" sent her ready meals and a new appliance. Weird how she never mentioned eating those meals again.

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Post by paidinfluencer »

This forum and all the comments about product placement in Estee's vlogs really opened my eyes. I hope more people will wake up and flag her videos or any other vlogger who uses vlogging to make money with hidden advertising. It is a corrupt way to use Youtube especially when people aren't expecting to be manipulated because they are there to watch a day in the life of video. I guess Estee's morals are so low now and her boyfriend and his shady money laundering family are a bad influence. She has no problem taking advantage of her loyal viewers. You can tell she has fallen in love with money and expensive things, a lifestyle that flaunts her internet celebrity status. She is a fool.

Also, it is really easy to report vlogs like this to ASA, they even have an online site with more info. It really works.

liquidlinernotes
Debater
Debater

Post by liquidlinernotes »

bells77 wrote:
The thing is, if she just said, "The company sent these to me to try and I was surprised -- they're actually really good" I'd probably be more likely to try them out if I was the type of person to buy frozen meals.

I trusted Amelia Liana more after she showed everyone a vlog with her going through all of her mail from beauty companies -- including the "gifts" of candy that they clearly send the guru to make them feel more personally appreciated and likely to recommend their products.

I know they're sending you things. Just be open about that, and *then* tell me how great it is. If you have to lie, I assume you're lying about everything.

klphie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by klphie »

and what are the consequences?

could you please tell us more about the whole process? like how did you become aware of the codes, and that they can be applied to this case?
"You would rather have a Lexus, some justice, a dream or some substance?
A Beamer, a necklace or freedom?"

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Post by paidinfluencer »

The consequences are she is being monitored and the compliant stays on file. They got a file on her. :D

I guess if she tries to produce content with misleading content, paid advertising in vlogs with no upfront disclaimer in the future, then the penalty might be more heavy. ASA monitors advertising so it's good to know that they do something about hidden/false advertising. It is called a compliant, but really they are watchdogs and protect consumers.

I think that people know when they are being sold to and Estee has plenty of negative comments and compliants about her change in content. The thing is when she put advertising and brand names over actual content then it just made it obvious that her channel is there to make money and her honesty, ethics, and open communication with viewers takes a back seat.
I think her dishonesty is pretty bad. It just clouds everything she does now. I think she knows her viewers are looking for a friendly down to earth relatable "guru", but she chooses to exploit instead of inform or befriend.

More info here https://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to ... Step1.aspx

klphie
Lurker
Lurker

Post by klphie »

thank you! :) only question is, how do I decide, when she tries to hide paid advertising? because I suspect so many in her videos... :S should I make a complaint everytime, when I find something suspicious?
"You would rather have a Lexus, some justice, a dream or some substance?
A Beamer, a necklace or freedom?"

holysandwich
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by holysandwich »

klphie wrote:thank you! :) only question is, how do I decide, when she tries to hide paid advertising? because I suspect so many in her videos... :S should I make a complaint everytime, when I find something suspicious?
I feel the same way. That last "What's in My Car" video felt like an ad. Didn't she mention in the past that the Fiat was GIVEN to her...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paidinfluencer
Learner
Learner

Post by paidinfluencer »

I think that is the problem with hidden product placement: you can't be sure if it's an ad or just a fave. If ASA gets enough complaints about the same video or channel, then let ASA figure out and investigate. That FIAT video needs to be checked out. The whole point of a disclaimer is that we shouldn't be confused. Estee could have said hey this is not sponsored but she never says anything, so I think she does have an advertising interest with FIAT.

whatsherface
Lurker
Lurker

Post by whatsherface »

If the fiat video was an ad it was a very bad one "I don't what any of these buttons do", ok Estée, nice way to promote a car :roll:

freja
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by freja »

Considering the risks involved in lying about sponsorship/paid endorsement, does anyone know why Estee has repeatedly claimed that the products in her videos are not provided for her by the companies that make them? I know that is one of the biggest complaints about her (it is unethical and a valid critique) but I don't understand why she continues to do it. This has been going on for a couple of years now right?

porthos2
Talker
Talker

Post by porthos2 »

Is this what she was referring to in her recent blog channel video as something stressful that she can't talk about? This video at 7.59

Return to “Estee Lalonde”