Sophie Shohet

icantevenwithpeople
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sophie Shohet

Post by icantevenwithpeople »

Tbh, I watch for Sophie. I find her personality so likeable. I find the shopping and haul videos rather boring. But I still watch it because I like her. I also like David. Someone in the thread mentioned that her wealth doesn't seem to be consistent. To be fair, every wealthy person I know doesn't live in a Victorian manor, drive an Italian car and have only money items. There's also varying degrees of wealth. Just because you're wealthy doesn't mean you get a $500 toaster, for example. They're into cars, so they spend on that. They're not into cushions and curtains so they don't bother. I actually like that. It shows they don't just do things to keep up with the jones's. I love watching series and I would rather pimp out my living room with comfy couches, great entertainment system than worry about something i'm not really into, like cars. My car is just something that takes me from point a to b. I just think Sophie is harmless. She's not scamming me.

Post by Guest »

Hey, Sophie, since you read here, I wish you didn’t like Elle Florence. I find your personality better than hers. At least you are only on page 7 in your first thread on GG while she is on her 4th thread with no end in sight. :rofl:

kthnksbye

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Out of the three pairs on Manolo Blahnik's shoes I actually thought the silver ones she got in the end were the least nice... I liked the nude/pink ones and the purple ones but it sounded like David liked the silver most and since he's a fashion expert, she had to get the ones he liked. (He's not a fashion expert! He dresses so plain!). She also pronounces Manolo in a strange way.

DogMom1990
Talker
Talker

Post by DogMom1990 »

adel220 wrote:Hey, Sophie, since you read here, I wish you didn’t like Elle Florence. I find your personality better than hers. At least you are only on page 7 in your first thread on GG while she is on her 4th thread with no end in sight. :rofl:

kthnksbye
Thats true. The two are nothing alike and Elle doesn't have any of the ambition or work ethic that Sophie has. Not to mention that Sophie is confident and happy in her relationship where Elle cant be single for a month.

Post by Guest »

DogMom1990 wrote:
adel220 wrote:Hey, Sophie, since you read here, I wish you didn’t like Elle Florence. I find your personality better than hers. At least you are only on page 7 in your first thread on GG while she is on her 4th thread with no end in sight. :rofl:

kthnksbye
Thats true. The two are nothing alike and Elle doesn't have any of the ambition or work ethic that Sophie has. Not to mention that Sophie is confident and happy in her relationship where Elle cant be single for a month.
I cringed when I saw Sophie wear some of Elle’s jewelry...and then proceeded to give her a Christmas rat later on with a postcard of her stupid smirk on it. :roll:

I actually like Sophie because she invites her viewers to tell her what they like and don’t like. Sure, there are some things I don’t really care about with Sophie, but her personality isn’t as off-putting as some other YTers I’ve watched. Elle is the queen of censorship and lies to her viewers on top of being lazy and needy.

lelepultzr19
Learner
Learner

Post by lelepultzr19 »

I really like Sophie, she seems like a pretty genuine person

Berry_Bess
Talker
Talker

Post by Berry_Bess »

I also like Sophie, I watched her early videos about saving and investing money and gotta say, that was a quality content!
I still like her but I don't watch her. To me, there is just so much Harrods and shoe and handbag sprees I am willing to watch....
Sophie if you read here, please do more sit down videos, maybe q and a, tips, saving money videos etc. If not, happy shopping 8-)
:FU:

Lateg0ssiper
Informer
Informer

Post by Lateg0ssiper »

Lateg0ssiper wrote:I can't watch her anymore, I feel like every other video is of her and her odd husband having a day out in Harrods (imagine living close to London and all you ever do is go to Harrods?!).
So I thought I'd give her another chance - tried to watch the latest video and they're in Harrods again :rofl:

Why is she having an ear operation?

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Lateg0ssiper wrote:
Lateg0ssiper wrote:I can't watch her anymore, I feel like every other video is of her and her odd husband having a day out in Harrods (imagine living close to London and all you ever do is go to Harrods?!).
So I thought I'd give her another chance - tried to watch the latest video and they're in Harrods again :rofl:

Why is she having an ear operation?
She had a bad ear infection for a while now, her doctor doctor tried like 5 different antibiotics but the infection keeps reoccurring so they're having to do a biopsy because they think the bacteria in her ear became resistant to antibiotics...

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I like Sophie but the shopping vlogs get boring, I also really liked the purple burgundy Manilow the best and was kind of bummed when she didn't get them (lol obviously I was invested despite being bored of vlogs). I like her personality and I like that she welcomes constructive criticism, most youtubers just delete or ignore or bitch back. I watch mostly for her personality. The fact that she's friends with elle makes me cringe a little.

queen rania
Informer
Informer

Post by queen rania »

lordofmisrule wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:30 pm
RaraAvis wrote:Well, I stumbled across Sophie's channel and nothing about her piqued my interest greatly until I looked up her bio and found out she and I share the same birthdate, with only a year apart! I know this means next to nothing to most people but as I've been a longtime student of astrology, having dabbled in tarot and numerology as well, it was fascinating for me to come across a YouTuber that was around the same age as me and by chance having the same boat. It is said that the specific day we are born on has unique significance or 'vibrations' that influences those born on that day, regardless of year. Speaking generally, of course, but we have frankly pretty different personalities, however, and I do not see anything that reminds me of myself in her videos apart from a predilection for the finer things in life and a preoccupation with wanting to look a certain way. People are calling her fashion sense tacky and gaudy, which is true, but I can see a bit of me in her and her need to look perfect and flawless, her focus on beingo considered conventionally hot/sexy and glamorous as opposed to making a fashion statement.

Anyway I can't help comparing my life with hers (even if the only thing we have in common is a birthday) and finding mine lacking. I'm broke and unemployed, single and alone, but sophie here has it all going on and seems so accomplished. I'm rambling a little bit here, but even though I don't particularly want to continue watching her because of the sensation of watching my doppelganger living out an alternate version of reality, I can't help wanting to know more details about her in spite of myself.

Was she always well off? Did she come from a family with money?

Has she admitted to having plastic surgery or cosmetic procedures done in the past? Apart from the boob job and Botox.

How did she meet her husband and how long have they been together?

Does anyone know what her husbands birthdate may be or at least the approximate month his bday falls in?

Also - she and Bethany Mota are the only two you tubers I know of with my birthday.
I kind of know where you're coming from with the astrology thing - I have friend whose boyfriend is very much into astrology and horoscopes. Said friend, born on 09.08.1984, is having a prettty nice career in fashion (she doesn't live or work in the UK, so it doesn't matter who she is), W. Houston, Anna Kendrick, Michael Kors, Gillian Anderson, Melanie Griffith, and Eric Bana were all born on the 9th Aug. Her boyfriend who is a pretty succesfull music producer, was born on April the 9th - Kristen Stewart, Elle Fanning, Marc Jacobs, Hugh Heffner, Jesse McCartney, Cynthia Nixon.

As for surgery, she only openly speaks about Botox and br east augmentation; I personally also think she gets fillers in her cheeks and lip injections. But she never said she does.

I think she talks how she met David and how they got together in this video "MY STORY | Anorexia & Obesity Journey". She was overweight when they met, but already on a diet and exercising and when she lost a bit more weight, she finally plucked the courage to talk to him and ask him out, I think. Might be remembering it wrong. They used to worked for the same company/in the same building.

P. S. I hope you will soon get your life back on track - good luck finding a nice job and someone to be with. Go girl! x

I have been watching her videos for a while, or binge watch when i miss them, did not realize her birthday was the same as mine until i read this post, I feel I have a few things in common with her from an interest in beauty products and treatments, although I would not do botox or fillers. I like having facials and other treatments, I love luxury goods and shopping but will buy something after I have saved up for a special occasion. Her style does get a bit boring and I do not like the Shein brand, and cheap clothes or the expensive dresses she wears, I like to wear blazers with various looks but the balmain blazers have been overkilled by the kardashians and housewives of cheshire. There is nothing wrong with showing and shopping for all these expensive clothes and bags if you have the budget and I think a lot of people watch her for this but she could venture into other stores like massimo dutti, cos, and other stories which are hm own brand with better quality, which is where i like to shop. Karen millen, is a bit dated for me and zara is overkilled on You tube, and London has many other stores and boutiques which she could show.

I have watched her videos and there is a huge difference with what they spend on cars and clothes, rather than on their home or holidays which i guess is a personal choice as i would rather spend more on my home and travel then bags and shoes.

Also she does not show them eating out in London much apart from harrods either, i would not hate someone for showing how many Chanel bags they buy, there are many other bloggers you can follow if you do not like her content

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

I enjoyed her recent video "how I make my money". She gave some really good advice about education, which nobody dares to say these days (at least not where I am). Honestly one of the better youtubers - not a whole lot to b*tch about.

Berry_Bess
Talker
Talker

Post by Berry_Bess »

Whilst I think "go to uni and get a degree" is universally a good advice, I know people that this did not work out for them and can't find a well paid job and are stuck in hospitality or retail.
I wish she put the disclaimer that whilst it worked brilliantly for her, not all degree guarantee her lifestyle and money. It was from her point of view, I get it, but she came across as this is the only way to get rich and successful, which is not true.
I also think that she is not saying the whole truth. I think her parents are very wealthy and helped her achieve what she has. Putting it down to only education is in my opinion a huge luck and not really a real life situation.
I have friends that finished demanding degrees and in no way shape or form they can achieve her lifestyle. I think she should be more honest with the ways she obtained this massive wealth (inheritance, connections, gamblings, broker?). Just my two cents.

sineadthebear07
Talker
Talker

Post by sineadthebear07 »

her shirt in todays video WTF!

Post by Guest »

sineadthebear07 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:21 pm
her shirt in todays video WTF!
She seems disjointed a bit...must be the surgery.

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Berry_Bess wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:34 am
Whilst I think "go to uni and get a degree" is universally a good advice, I know people that this did not work out for them and can't find a well paid job and are stuck in hospitality or retail.
I wish she put the disclaimer that whilst it worked brilliantly for her, not all degree guarantee her lifestyle and money. It was from her point of view, I get it, but she came across as this is the only way to get rich and successful, which is not true.
I also think that she is not saying the whole truth. I think her parents are very wealthy and helped her achieve what she has. Putting it down to only education is in my opinion a huge luck and not really a real life situation.
I have friends that finished demanding degrees and in no way shape or form they can achieve her lifestyle. I think she should be more honest with the ways she obtained this massive wealth (inheritance, connections, gamblings, broker?). Just my two cents.
At least from my interpretation, she did take that into account. She said "it doesn't guarantee success, but without it, you will be at a disadvantage".

sineadthebear07
Talker
Talker

she has weird AF taste

Berry_Bess
Talker
Talker

Post by Berry_Bess »

kellyba34 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:43 am
Berry_Bess wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:34 am
At least from my interpretation, she did take that into account. She said "it doesn't guarantee success, but without it, you will be at a disadvantage".
Well point being is that I think she is not telling the entire truth... that was my point :roll: I mean her wealth is insane, shopping at Harrods weekly and popping in to Chanel next surrounded by designed goods 24/7, not to mention her car collection :roll:

sineadthebear07
Talker
Talker

I do wonder what she gets out of shopping sooo much, also how can she afford so much stuff

blahhhhh
Learner
Learner

Post by blahhhhh »

A lot of u seem to be new followers and while I love Sophie I don’t always enjoy all of her videos and that’s how I am with a lot of youtubers. Here are some of the questions answered:
- she claims she did not come from money (watch her draw my life video)
- she talked about how hard she worked and how she got where she did
- she had cancer as a 6 yr old and I think it came back again when she was around 18
- she always said that she preferred to spend her money on certain things and bought cheaper clothes. I kinda get this I mean I’ll buy economy class cheap airplane tickets with no luggage but I’ll also shop for purses like a psycho. My parents on the other hand travels first class and doesn’t care for expensive stuff 🤷‍♀️... people are different. I mean I forced my Parents to get LV luggage. They were using worn out old luggage’s to travel first class from North America to Asia on $7000-8000 usd per ticket 🙄. I can’t justify that 😑 ... so honestly people have different spending habits. So I kinda get Sophie when it comes to those stuff.
- I mostly like Sophie coz she comes off less snobbish than others and I find her quite genuine and straight forward which is why I can accept the fact that she likes Elle. I used to be Elle’s fan until I found out what a liar she is 😒

Return to “Gurus With Less Than 50,000 Subs”