cats4life
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Selloutxo~~Part 7

Post by cats4life »

Imo, her new packaging is a step down from what her original is
If you get upset/worked up by something said on here, move on. Its the internet, not a dick. Don't take it so hard :tu: :love2:

goggles
Learner
Learner

Post by goggles »

cats4life wrote:Imo, her new packaging is a step down from what her original is
I agree with you. It looks so tacky. You can tell as clear as day that she is the one who put the new logos together. As someone mentioned above, why doesn't she hire a professional to do these things for her? Hell, she could even go on Fiverr or some similar website and get it done cheaply. She acts like some bigshot business woman, but won't sacrifice the money to make her shitty products look decent? Ridiculous. XObeauty would be nothing without her constantly pushing it through YT. Get over yourself, Shan.

Post by Guest »

She loves being able to say "I designed it myself"... :roll:
It's so bad I just can't even. She couldn't even join the O up to the circle properly. I bet she used fonts without buying the commercial license for them too because she probably wouldn't think to do that.

mrssmith
Learner
Learner

Post by mrssmith »

Omg the beauty isn't Centre. ..like the width between the b and the edge and the y isn't the same and fact the o is kinda touching the circle is bugging me. It's like make it touch or don't.... looks so sloppy. Not that hard to hire a graphic designer... pay the money now and reap the rewards later.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

robsbabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by robsbabe »

i work in online marketing/webdesign and tbh, web+ graphic design trends for 2016 is flat design, simple, clean and reduced. Of course you could have added more detail, but people nowadays prefer a very simple design.

Post by Guest »

robsbabe wrote:i work in online marketing/webdesign and tbh, web+ graphic design trends for 2016 is flat design, simple, clean and reduced. Of course you could have added more detail, but people nowadays prefer a very simple design.
It doesn't matter what the trends are, it's the fact that she's just pulled two random fonts from her computer, hasn't aligned anything, there's 3 different widths of lines and it looks like something you'd make in Paint.

A graphic designer could have done the same concept but made it look actually professional.

If you think that logo is good you are working in the wrong field.

Post by Guest »

Sparkle wrote:Image

It's so bad I just can't even. She couldn't even join the O up to the circle properly. I bet she used fonts without buying the commercial license for them too because she probably wouldn't think to do that.
ray charles could have designed something better than that. :roll:

candypinkstar
Debater
Debater

Post by candypinkstar »

Has she disabled comments on her newest vlog?

New strategy perhaps?

candypinkstar
Debater
Debater

Post by candypinkstar »

Sorry double post. Ignore my earlier reply...could be a glitch with my YouTube app currently. Noticing on all videos

robsbabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by robsbabe »

Sparkle wrote:
robsbabe wrote:i work in online marketing/webdesign and tbh, web+ graphic design trends for 2016 is flat design, simple, clean and reduced. Of course you could have added more detail, but people nowadays prefer a very simple design.
It doesn't matter what the trends are, it's the fact that she's just pulled two random fonts from her computer, hasn't aligned anything, there's 3 different widths of lines and it looks like something you'd make in Paint.

A graphic designer could have done the same concept but made it look actually professional.

If you think that logo is good you are working in the wrong field.
wtf whats going on with you? I'm not saying i AM a graphic designer, i'm the project manager of a webdesign agency and i dont think i am in the wrong field..

i said those are the trends, and of course she could have added more details. i didnt say once that i love or like it. I was telling you guys the facts, no need to get rude, get a cup of tea and relax...damn

morkki
Learner
Learner

Post by morkki »

Design is not what sells her product in this case, it's the fact that it's her brand and that buyers like her and believe her. It doesn't have to be good quality or deisgn or good service. As they defend her whatever she does/says wrong, they'll defend her product flaws and continue to buy it.
Imagine a person who worships Shannon, that person is probably happy to own something that she "designed" herself.
I'm not saying she did a bad design on purpose, she isn't that smart. But I read somewhere some companies to that.

robsbabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by robsbabe »

morkki wrote:

Design is not what sells her product in this case, it's the fact that it's her brand and that buyers like her and believe her. It doesn't have to be good quality or deisgn or good service. As they defend her whatever she does/says wrong, they'll defend her product flaws and continue to buy it.
Imagine a person who worships Shannon, that person is probably happy to own something that she "designed" herself.
I'm not saying she did a bad design on purpose, she isn't that smart. But I read somewhere some companies to that.
which companies have a bad logo on purpose? Do you still know where you read that? Sounds interesting and i would want to read that :)

a3r0dactyl

Post by a3r0dactyl »

I love how she never misses an opportunity to say "I designed the new logos myself!!"
Like yeah girl... We can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

The logo isn't great but it's nice that Shannon is actually directly involved with her company, loads of other youtubers just put their name on shit and have no part in it at all.

That being said though, when she was talking about the designs for the new lash boxes i was dying. Polka dots are so tacky, sorry..if she wants to expand beyond her own viewers she should try more modern/sleek packaging. Benefit is enormously successful but people still complain about their tacky/weird packaging, it's definitely not a draw for a lot of people.

Nekyia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Nekyia »

Sooo she hired a gardener, but cba to hire someone to help her clean her freaking house. Good on Shan :tu:
English is not my first language; Ancient Greek is.

macaron01
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by macaron01 »

i only think about those little girls who watch her and f'in eat avocado on toast and smoothies because it's "healthy"....

:newby:

macaron01
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by macaron01 »

Nekyia wrote:Sooo she hired a gardener, but cba to hire someone to help her clean her freaking house. Good on Shan :tu:
she will never hire someone to clean that house, remember when she put a lock on the door of her makeup room so no one can steal her precious collection?
and i think when she did this, she and hamish were travelling and a friend came and stayed with the dogs

Post by Guest »

macaron01 wrote:
Nekyia wrote:Sooo she hired a gardener, but cba to hire someone to help her clean her freaking house. Good on Shan :tu:
she will never hire someone to clean that house, remember when she put a lock on the door of her makeup room so no one can steal her precious collection?
and i think when she did this, she and hamish were travelling and a friend came and stayed with the dogs
yep, she did. i was like, if i was that friend i'd feel a bit insulted.

lamington_
Informer
Informer

Post by lamington_ »

Sponsoredwhingerxo

gossipgril
Learner
Learner

Post by gossipgril »

Did anyone notice how she mention Jessup brushes are the same as her brushes? And stating that her friends has both and says they aren't the same? Well Shannon honey according to other people who aren't your friends who has both your brushes and Jessup seems to say they are the exact same and of course your friends won't be telling you that they think it's the same. You can keep telling us how your new brushes are made in Italy but we will never believe it.

Who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell. You know you love me. XOXO GOSSIP GIRL. ;)

Return to “Shaaanxo”