KathleenLies--Part 5

ximenag91
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KathleenLies--Part 5

Post by ximenag91 »

LOL yeah she legit looked like she had a pink eye or something. That color is so unflattering on her.

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by kathleenlightsssss »

luchadora0112 wrote:Exactly! Obviously you want to get rid of products that are the wrong shade, or are expired. But it is also a chance to get rid of products you just plain don't use because you have something that works better, or the formula doesn't work for you.

At the beginning of every decluttering I noticed she goes "Oh this will be hard this is my FAVORITE product" "I LOVE foundations!" "I am OBSESSED with primers" noo... you are basically obsessed with having STUFF. :roll:

YES! How many highlighters do you need? They all look alike anyway? OK so there are white ones, pink ones, gold ones and bronze-y ones. Keep 1 of each.. DONE! :tu: :roll:
luchadora0112 wrote:I also saw that pic of her with minimal makeup and a pop of color... except the color she chose was like an orangish red.... and lined her waterline. It made her look SICK!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDcRFaZOiY0 ... leenlights
I saw that. I bet it's her next "tutorial" looks like a little kid playing with makeup- badly... :| :roll:

90cony90
Learner
Learner

Post by 90cony90 »

What a hoarder. And you can really see that on Snapchat. Most of her 'keeps' are kept for no reason.

When you have that much, isn't your goal is to keep/have products that suits you best?

I wonder how does her Mary Loumanizer looks on the inside, btw. She once said it was her all time fave highlighter

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
Helloitsmeee wrote:She also tweeted the Cuban coffee video should be up Monday cause she's editing right now. Why not post it tomorrow since you missed two days this week? Hmmmmm lazy much??

Ha she must have read here because she did post it on Saturday! :tu: :rofl:
Haha I know! I wanted to post it the other day, but the site was down. HI KATHLEEN!!

yakattack
Learner
Learner

Post by yakattack »

Her decluttering videos confuse me. I'm super glad she's getting rid of at least SOME of her crap but why does she keep so much!? I follow her on Snapchat and she likes to wear no or very minimal makeup a lot of the time so why does she need 20+ highlighters?? When does she use this makeup she 'loves'??

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

No video again tomorrow lol. This is getting ridiculous.

ximenag91
Learner
Learner

Post by ximenag91 »

Helloitsmeee wrote:No video again tomorrow lol. This is getting ridiculous.
Rolling my eyes so hard right now.

BrideOfFrankenstein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrideOfFrankenstein »

What I find most ridiculous is that 1) YouTube is her job, yet she doesn't have any ''backup videos'' ready just in case she's ill (again) etc, and 2) apparently she doesn't have any problem solving skills at all. If she really wanted to film (she doesn't but anyway) she could film and/or edit elsewhere - she lives in the same neighbourhood as Danny's dad for heaven's sake! Or if she doesn't feel comfortable with that she could film at her own house without lighting but near a window (like she used to), and edit and charge her camera's battery etc elsewhere.

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
What I find most ridiculous is that 1) YouTube is her job, yet she doesn't have any ''backup videos'' ready just in case she's ill (again) etc, and 2) apparently she doesn't have any problem solving skills at all. If she really wanted to film (she doesn't but anyway) she could film and/or edit elsewhere - she lives in the same neighbourhood as Danny's dad for heaven's sake! Or if she doesn't feel comfortable with that she could film at her own house without lighting but near a window (like she used to), and edit and charge her camera's battery etc elsewhere.
Exactly -- She's exactly like a student who studies for a test the night before! She should film a few days in advance and a few videos in advance. When she's got a whole day free, she could film multiple videos. I guess she's lacking on the creative side, she doesn't have any ideas on what to film.
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

yakattack wrote:Her decluttering videos confuse me. I'm super glad she's getting rid of at least SOME of her crap but why does she keep so much!? I follow her on Snapchat and she likes to wear no or very minimal makeup a lot of the time so why does she need 20+ highlighters?? When does she use this makeup she 'loves'??
I think she has FOMO. Fear of Missing OUT- so she keeps it all... to eventually rot.. :? :o :roll:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Well, when she does do her no makeup, or minimal makeup looks... she actually does use highlighter (sometimes more than one) and lots of times bronzer. That being said, she still has a ridiculous amount of crap.

It would be one thing if she had legitimate excuses for keeping the stuff but she doesn't. She bought a CT highlighter for the packaging?!?! as a collector's item?!?! Which honestly wouldn't be that big of a deal if she didn't have 100 other highlighters, and she actually displayed it on a shelf like her too faced blushes.

She kept so many shimmer bricks why? Because Limited Edition! She kept all those Girlacktic ones, and Becca ones :roll: and I find it really telling that she only has 3 or 4 of the Colourpop highlighters left!!! Because she received the entire line. So she works with a brand, gets all their products, and then GIVES THEM ALL AWAY! because she likes other highlighters better! But guys, we should all be buying Colourpop and supporting her, because their products are so great and affordable!

Which by the way, Colourpop is not as affordable as people like to pretend. You have to pay shipping unless you order over $30, everything used to be $5 now the prices are going up on other items... you don't get a ton of product for that price tag. The lippies are insanely small, and the shadows and highlights don't have a ton of product. You can't even compare the oz of product you get to other brands because the products apply differently. I purchased the Puppy Love shadow and it is almost completely gone now! I don't use it everyday, but that is just how their formula applies.

I am glad she is TRYING to declutter, but she is being a bit ridiculous about it. And I pretty much predicted she would say that shit! "This will be impossible because highlighters are my FAVE makeup product, well I love bronzers so maybe my second favorite!" :rofl:

princessv
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by princessv »

Once she hit 2M subscribers she turned into Jaclyn Hill. Instead of being grateful for the people who support her she skipped like 3 upload days in 2 weeks when she pretty much never skipped upload days in 2-3 years.
What happened to your pre recorded videos Kathleen? You used to be so organized, now your channel is just a mess

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Something I also forgot to mention and noticed in her declutter... She kept showing the Ofra products with her other high end products!!

I'm sorry but I consider Ofra to be on the level of MUG, Gerard Cosmetics, et al., and possibly mid end if you are just looking at price point. The brand came out of nowhere, and deeply discounts their products with coupon codes the way gerard cosmetics does.

The only reason why gurus talk about them is because they are featured in ipsy and boxycharm, and now are collabing with youtubers (kathleen) that does NOT make them high end. Their pricing is on par with L'Oreal.

Helloitsmeee
Informer
Informer

Post by Helloitsmeee »

Kathleen brings up politics on Twitter and her opinion and then says "ok enough talk about politics"
THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING KATHLEEN.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Post by aw35 »

Helloitsmeee wrote:Kathleen brings up politics on Twitter and her opinion and then says "ok enough talk about politics"
THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING KATHLEEN.
She clearly only gets her news from social media and knows nothing about politics. She said earlier she wants to move to England because she hates all the candidates running for president....most people in England don't love their politicians either. Unless she thinks the Queen is the government.

I also don't know why she is complaining now, Florida already voted in their primary and she clearly didn't vote. Don't complain about how there is no one you like when you didn't start caring until this week.

aw35
Debater
Debater

Post by aw35 »

Sorry for the double post but I feel like I need to unfollower on Twitter. I was loosing interest and getting annoyed with her already, but her Twitter feed is putting me over the edge. She complains all the time, tweets random crap no one cares about(granted that's most of Twitter) and tweets non stop. Hey, but sending out five tweets about not being able to put a video up is so much easier than make a video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

virgyj wrote:Once she hit 2M subscribers she turned into Jaclyn Hill. Instead of being grateful for the people who support her she skipped like 3 upload days in 2 weeks when she pretty much never skipped upload days in 2-3 years.
What happened to your pre recorded videos Kathleen? You used to be so organized, now your channel is just a mess
If I was her I'd be stressed to HAVE content, ALWAYS. Therefore pre-planning and pre-recording. SHE DOES NOTHING ELSE.

She can easily devote 2 days a week to straight film about 4 videos a week- (2 per day) that way she always has 1 extra video "just in case" pre-filmed per week. That still leaves her 5 FULL DAYS to rest, relax, wash her hair, be lazy, edit, watch Netflix, spend time with family- WHATEVER! Not that hard Kathleen, really? IT'S YOUR JOB! :roll: :|

AlexandraMW
Talker
Talker

Post by AlexandraMW »

kathleenlightsssss wrote:
virgyj wrote:Once she hit 2M subscribers she turned into Jaclyn Hill. Instead of being grateful for the people who support her she skipped like 3 upload days in 2 weeks when she pretty much never skipped upload days in 2-3 years.
If I was her I'd be stressed to HAVE content, ALWAYS. Therefore pre-planning and pre-recording. SHE DOES NOTHING ELSE.

She can easily devote 2 days a week to straight film about 4 videos a week- (2 per day) that way she always has 1 extra video "just in case" pre-filmed per week. That still leaves her 5 FULL DAYS to rest, relax, wash her hair, be lazy, edit, watch Netflix, spend time with family- WHATEVER! Not that hard Kathleen, really? IT'S YOUR JOB! :roll: :|
I bet if her videos wouldn't get enough views and people start unsubscribing from her channel due to her laziness, she'll get a freaking grip and act responsible, but no. Most of her little "fans" kiss her ass all the time "Oh it's not your fault you're sick, not your fault there's no power, you have no control over that!".
"Could you stop being a bitch for a second?"

kathleenlightsssss
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

AlexandraMW wrote:I bet if her videos wouldn't get enough views and people start unsubscribing from her channel due to her laziness, she'll get a freaking grip and act responsible, but no. Most of her little "fans" kiss her ass all the time "Oh it's not your fault you're sick, not your fault there's no power, you have no control over that!".
Well look at Dulce Candy she has over 2M subscribers but her videos only get 70K views or 80K. Kathleen is lucky enough to get 350K+ per video and some even hit over 2M views. If she keeps up with her LAZYNESS her view count can start to hurt- in turn her paychecks from YT will be smaller.. :o 8-)

ximenag91
Learner
Learner

Post by ximenag91 »

I think Kathleen isn't passionate about makeup anymore... when was the last time she posted a tutorial? Maybe she got bored? I don't know.

Return to “KathleenLights”