Caspar Lee

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caspar Lee

Post by LauraMongeau »

EST wrote:^ well he's not part of gleam anymore, so i suppose he doesn't have to pretend to still be friends with them anymore.

new thread title suggestions?
Caspar "I'm an influencer" Lee
Can't think of any really good ones unfortunately
Bye bitch :love2:

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

I don't know maybe something about blondes? Realistically though he's boring as fuck online so Caspar Lee Part 2 will suffice.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

That double prank idea was so lame

would have been funnier if he had gone one-way and arranged a catfish date with one of them. probably

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

Riz wrote:That double prank idea was so lame

would have been funnier if he had gone one-way and arranged a catfish date with one of them. probably
I dont think many of his prank videos are funny. Double prank sucks and was so short

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

his main focus should be his youtuber interviews at this point

LauraMongeau
Learner
Learner

Post by LauraMongeau »

Proud of Caspar for his latest video. While no one has to it is good to talk about personal things with fans, especially when those fans are mostly younger
Bye bitch :love2:

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

LauraMongeau wrote:Proud of Caspar for his latest video. While no one has to it is good to talk about personal things with fans, especially when those fans are mostly younger
I guess so...but like, what was the point of the video? People sometimes feel down, YouTubers' lives aren't always what they appear to be? Talk about stating the obvious. But yes, for younger viewers, I suppose it's worthwhile pointing this out to them.

It just seems like he came back from his vacation and couldn't be bothered with work.

I'm more intrigued by what he's hinted at about the future of his channel - there could be hope for it yet...

(+Whilst he's working out who he is online or whatever, he should consider stopping with the cringey relatable tweets.)

Offtopic: For context, 2 recent vids that are similar to Caspar's:
Ethan - Where have we been?
Felix - Is YouTube Really Worth It?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Also: his insta bio says he's "Co-founder of influencer.com".

I know he invested in it, but co-founder is reaching?

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

EST wrote:Also: his insta bio says he's "Co-founder of influencer.com".

No, he was literally one of the two founders of the company. Caspar and a guy called Ben.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

hazh wrote:

No, he was literally one of the two founders of the company. Caspar and a guy called Ben.
I just find it implausible that it was Caspar's idea or that he co-founded the company.

It appears the company was incorporated in 2015. A blog post on the company's own website from August 2017 says that Caspar has invested in the company and will be its CIO (which seems more like a vanity title to me anyway). The blog post quotes Ben: "When we opened discussions he was very passionate about Influencer as a brand and the growth we could achieve together so it seemed the perfect fit for him to join the team."

:?

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

EST wrote:
hazh wrote:

I just find it implausible that it was Caspar's idea or that he co-founded the company.

It appears the company was incorporated in 2015. A blog post on the company's own website from August 2017 says that Caspar has invested in the company and will be its CIO (which seems more like a vanity title to me anyway). The blog post quotes Ben: "When we opened discussions he was very passionate about Influencer as a brand and the growth we could achieve together so it seemed the perfect fit for him to join the team."

:?
You don’t have to be there exactly when the business started to be the co founder of the company. Ben and Caspar are business partners, and I’m sure it was Ben’s decision for him to be the co founder.

Riz
Informer
Informer

Post by Riz »

Am I the only one who likes his tweets? :D

Yep, kudos to him for making that video. It was still a surprise coming from Caspar.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

^
This is what I mean:

[tweet][/tweet]

He's about 2 weeks late with this, it's not original, and he forgot about the 'roaring' part. He's only doing it to come across as relatable etc, like the time he tweeted about Stranger Things, but then had to admit he didn't actually watch it. Pizza. Fridays. Zzzzz.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

EST wrote: like the time he tweeted about Stranger Things, but then had to admit he didn't actually watch it.
what!? :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Yikes. Caspar's last 8 videos haven't reached a million views.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

sunnyb123 wrote:Yikes. Caspar's last 8 videos haven't reached a million views.
His content isn't anything special and he's been losing relevancy for the last year or two because of it. It was inevitable he wouldn't be able to pull in 1M per vid anymore with the way he was going.

hazh
Informer
Informer

Post by hazh »

Last week's video hasn't reached 500k! It's been a very sharp decline over recent months. Even his engagement on social media has fallen through the floor. He's old and stale.

BONTBFW
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BONTBFW »

hazh wrote:
Last week's video hasn't reached 500k! It's been a very sharp decline over recent months. Even his engagement on social media has fallen through the floor. He's old and stale.
His social media engagement isn’t that bad to me actually. His relatable tweets still get the usual amount of RTs. His IG posts have been steadily dipping, but it’s definitely one of the better ones in that gleam lot in comparison to followers. He just doesn’t have a passion for YouTube anymore and you can just see it, he just does it just to do it. I know a friend who used to watch Caspar, and she still likes him, but has zero interest to watch his videos. I feel the same. I still keep up with him on social media, but I rarely watch his videos anymore.

daisy_124
Learner
Learner

Post by daisy_124 »

Watched Steven Bartlett's interview with Caspar today, and I actually really like the more serious side of Caspar. It made me think of new directions Caspar could take his channel - I know he's interested in things like politics and mental health, so why not focus on more serious topics in his videos? I know he's got a kindof series on his channel in which he interviews youtubers, but what if he started a new series? Like gathering a bunch of youtubers together to discuss and debate current affairs etc? He could have different guests every episode. They could discuss questions and topics suggested by viewers. Kindof like BBC Question Time meets the Oscar Roundtable series. It would maintain the interest of older viewers who are bored with the immature content of his channel, and it would be so healthy for younger viewers to watch proper debates about issues instead of just seeing drama and one-sided opinions on social media all the time. Not to mention it would (hopefully) bring out a more mature, real side to youtubers. I just think it would be a super interesting thing to do, and I think Caspar could do it well. Just food for thought...

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh »

daisy_124 wrote:Watched Steven Bartlett's interview with Caspar today, and I actually really like the more serious side of Caspar. It made me think of new directions Caspar could take his channel - I know he's interested in things like politics and mental health, so why not focus on more serious topics in his videos? I know he's got a kindof series on his channel in which he interviews youtubers, but what if he started a new series? Like gathering a bunch of youtubers together to discuss and debate current affairs etc? He could have different guests every episode. They could discuss questions and topics suggested by viewers. Kindof like BBC Question Time meets the Oscar Roundtable series. It would maintain the interest of older viewers who are bored with the immature content of his channel, and it would be so healthy for younger viewers to watch proper debates about issues instead of just seeing drama and one-sided opinions on social media all the time. Not to mention it would (hopefully) bring out a more mature, real side to youtubers. I just think it would be a super interesting thing to do, and I think Caspar could do it well. Just food for thought...
would looooove to see this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “The British Crew”