Brent (frickboy) Rivera

Brent (frickboy) Rivera

Post by Guest »

Brent's a youtuber and viner. He does some things that makes a person suspicious of the type of person he is, like:

- copy vines

- post things that were originally tumblr posts
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e90f42b2e28 ... o1_500.jpg (brent)
https://www.google.com/search?q=if+your ... UQ_AUIBigB (tumblr)

I found this one funny: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... t+Rivera'd

- hang out with magcon boys
https://www.google.com/search?q=brent+r ... QQ_AUIBigB

What do you guys think of him?

blockah
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brent (frickboy) Rivera

Post by blockah »

Eh, whatever. He's only like 16 isn't he?

Post by Guest »

blockah wrote:Eh, whatever. He's only like 16 isn't he?
17 going on 18

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

is he one of those magcon boys? Aren't they famous for being good looking teenage boys?

I don't get vine (maybe I'm too old), I feel like vine is even more so about how you look than even youtube and other media. After all I don't think there's much that can be entertaining in 6 secs so props to the ppl who can do it and still somehow be entertaining..

Post by Guest »

smars27 wrote:is he one of those magcon boys? Aren't they famous for being good looking teenage boys?

I don't get vine (maybe I'm too old), I feel like vine is even more so about how you look than even youtube and other media. After all I don't think there's much that can be entertaining in 6 secs so props to the ppl who can do it and still somehow be entertaining..
He was part of magcon I think. He is a youtuber, and it baffles me how he has 1 million subs because he doesn't create decent content.

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

Eh I looked up a picture of him on twitter. He is pretty cute I guess, but I guess he must not be one of the more “popular ones.” His controversies with copying probably can’t top the others anyway. I know one had a sex scandal, one went to jail, etc, so I think ppl just don’t really notice what he does wrong if he is “stealing other people’s work and passing it off as his own...in high stakes stuff (for moolah anyway) that usually happens anyway.. Besides everyone on youtube “copies” each other, and almost everything is regurgitated. He should give credit though as to the “inspirations” tho, I think.

**Sort of anyway [Offtopic: The only one I really know and have actually watched (on youtube anyways..don’t watch any vines unless they are uploaded to yt) is the Nash kid, aka the most popular/*unpopular* one.. I’ve watched a few of Nash’s vids and don’t really see the hype. The only ones I like are the ones that are with his sister (she’s soooo adorable!)

He’s is cute tho, but I feel like there are cuter ones than him in that group. He does look the most “wholesome” non-douchey looking. Honestly all the boys are what I used to think O2l was (first impressions anyway) cute looking douches trying to come off as “swag/cool”
I feel bad for the Nash kid though as I don’t think he did anything that bad (I’m assuming it has to do with that what guys like video- and honestly he came off as a superficial douche but it’s kind of hypocritical imo when the reason he is probably popular is due to his looks to begin with and he is still a kid anyway). I did have the hair on my arm and upper lip hair when I was a teen so I’m not exactly how devastating it would be to find out my “crush” hates it when I’m in that fragile/insecure state...but it’s not like you can’t shave/wax it off. **shrugs**

This Brent kid is probably popular because of his network. In getting any job in any industry it’s more about who you know, but I feel like that applies in a different way in YT. It’s more about who you know, that’s popular, which will give you the most leg up.

But I remember Jenna and Shane talking on their podcast how these popular teenage boys would lose their popularity just as fast as they gained it. Teenage girls are even more fickle than the average person I guess, so I doubt very many will stay with their content when they get over their idealization/fantasy crush anyway. IMO they’re better for girls than “real boys” who are a lot more dangerous, and they group all the melodramatic ppl onto the portion of internet I like to refer to as the depths of hell with the BRATZ fangurlz & entitled/resentful haterboyz. So whatever...

Post by Guest »

smars27 wrote:Eh I looked up a picture of him on twitter. He is pretty cute I guess, but I guess he must not be one of the more “popular ones.” His controversies with copying probably can’t top the others anyway. I know one had a sex scandal, one went to jail, etc, so I think ppl just don’t really notice what he does wrong if he is “stealing other people’s work and passing it off as his own...in high stakes stuff (for moolah anyway) that usually happens anyway.. Besides everyone on youtube “copies” each other, and almost everything is regurgitated. He should give credit though as to the “inspirations” tho, I think.

**Sort of anyway [Offtopic: The only one I really know and have actually watched (on youtube anyways..don’t watch any vines unless they are uploaded to yt) is the Nash kid, aka the most popular/*unpopular* one.. I’ve watched a few of Nash’s vids and don’t really see the hype. The only ones I like are the ones that are with his sister (she’s soooo adorable!)

He’s is cute tho, but I feel like there are cuter ones than him in that group. He does look the most “wholesome” non-douchey looking. Honestly all the boys are what I used to think O2l was (first impressions anyway) cute looking douches trying to come off as “swag/cool”
I feel bad for the Nash kid though as I don’t think he did anything that bad (I’m assuming it has to do with that what guys like video- and honestly he came off as a superficial douche but it’s kind of hypocritical imo when the reason he is probably popular is due to his looks to begin with and he is still a kid anyway). I did have the hair on my arm and upper lip hair when I was a teen so I’m not exactly how devastating it would be to find out my “crush” hates it when I’m in that fragile/insecure state...but it’s not like you can’t shave/wax it off. **shrugs**

This Brent kid is probably popular because of his network. In getting any job in any industry it’s more about who you know, but I feel like that applies in a different way in YT. It’s more about who you know, that’s popular, which will give you the most leg up.

But I remember Jenna and Shane talking on their podcast how these popular teenage boys would lose their popularity just as fast as they gained it. Teenage girls are even more fickle than the average person I guess, so I doubt very many will stay with their content when they get over their idealization/fantasy crush anyway. IMO they’re better for girls than “real boys” who are a lot more dangerous, and they group all the melodramatic ppl onto the portion of internet I like to refer to as the depths of hell with the BRATZ fangurlz & entitled/resentful haterboyz. So whatever...
I just found out that he wasn't exactly part of Magcon. He showed up for a few.

As for Nash Grier, he was in a lot of trouble for homophobic vines, homophobic tweets, and racist tweets. Most people forgot about the "girls shouldn't have body hair incident". As for his little sister, she comes off as annoying and spoilt.

I think you're right about good-looking teenagers losing their fame when they become older. That's what happened to Deefizzy.

blockah
Informer
Informer

Post by blockah »

He's no different from any of the other viners though. They all copy memes they've seen somewhere else. He just happens to be not as attractive as say cameron dallas.

Post by Guest »

He copied an entire video. Wassabi Productions made a video called "Things that make me mad". Months later, Brent came out with the same thing with the EXACT same content. I'm sorry but that's a little far for me.

Queen900
Informer
Informer

Post by Queen900 »

Brent's 18 and hanging out with 21-23 year old girls (Eva Teala etc) he's really turning into a fuckboy

Return to “Vine”