:love2:

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SnoozeDeFarce 2015 - General thread part 14

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I can't help wondering if that hairstyle is actually a wig? There are a lot of colours in it that are not in Fleurs own hair!

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

Rosie Ribbons wrote:I can't help wondering if that hairstyle is actually a wig? There are a lot of colours in it that are not in Fleurs own hair!
I think it's extensions blended and curled with her real hair. Would love to see a full shot.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

Clorman1993 wrote:Her coachellla vlogs were a bit of a snooze-fest but I'd suggest watching Viviannas Vlog it made me jealous they had so much fun! Its nice to see Fleur dancing and not a close up of her face! Also I think Kiels would be a lot happier with Anna she showed way products more in their tent than Fleur did :?
Do you think any of them were aware of, or even care about the poverty and near slavery that surrounds the festival in coachella? It's hardly an unlown secret, but I guess when they are getting a free trip worth thousands they don't care about the human suffering surrounding them. They all seem pretty vapid to even raise awareness of this issue on their channels.

Nicole x
Talker
Talker

Post by Nicole x »

I have to say I have enjoyed her Coachella vlogs more than I thought I would, her vlogging months usually annoy me and I don't tend to like them as much when she travels (which is all the time!). She seemed quite comfortable with Anna and Sammie, sometimes she can be super awkward with other YouTubers but they seemed to gel fairly well together. I bet Fleur is a good laugh after a few drinks!

I still wish she would do weekly or even fortnightly vlogs instead of vlogging months as she ALWAYS falls 4 or 5 days behind and struggles to catch up/misses out days, and the vlogs are always super short. It would take the pressure off on those months and make the content much more interesting, I love dogs but there's only so much Piggidy Puga Piggle Wigge La Pooooj that one can take :roll:

Sprinkles97
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Sprinkles97 »

pandachan wrote:
_ren wrote:Has anyone seen her Japan vlog? That Tokyo hotel room is huge by Japanese standards, especially the bathroom. Man, Jo Malone went big. They also constructed quite a nice balanced 3 day PR event. I think I die a little inside whenever a youtuber talks about how much they love Japanese culture because everything is so cute and pink and they've been obsessed with Hello Kitty since forever.
I was so annoyed at her, all she could repeat was traditional japanese this, traditional japanese that, but she couldn't name anything, so I don't believe her, that she was interested in Japan and it's culture since she was a teen.
OMG this annoyed me more than anything. The "I've wanted to come here since I was a kid IT'S ACTUALLY MY DREAM"
Uhm no, if it was your 'dream' to go there, why hadn't you already? I was so desperate to visit Japan for the majority of my life I worked 20 hours a week on top of A Levels and my first semester of University to go. So I had to save up for AGES on my part time minimum wage job to go at the age of 18 at the cheapest/coldest time of year there. THAT is desparation to go :FU: . I'm sorry I can't take that BS from somebody who has a job that basically means they can go abroad/on holiday whenever they choose and the funds to do so. Of course she may not have wanted to do it as young and work on top of uni whatever so I forgive that, but the past 5 years?! She has all the time and money in the world :? it honestly just looks like she went because Jo Malone paid her. It took a company to PAY her to go (not just 'free'). Sorry Fleur but your speech about going there being a lifetime achievement was so insincere. You didn't have to make out it was such a big deal, then I would have been totally cool :tu: just a bit mocking for those of us who actually have dreams and things we'd love to do but it takes MUCH more hard work AND once the hard work has been done it still is hard :roll:

Plus totally agree with the lack of knowing anything despite claiming to LOVE Japan...honey that place you stayed in Kyoto that was 'traditional Japanese', it's called a Ryokan ;) :tu: can't even remember the countless other things that she didn't know of... :rofl:

Sorry guys mini-rant over :tu: <3

Ccc123000
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ccc123000 »

Her legs really look stumpy in the Get Ready with Us vlog. Maybe that's why she covers them up for the most part.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

Wow. This thread has always been so interesting. I love reading all the different opinions. Everyone has different life experiences and expectations. I do not mind people disagreeing with me because I am absolutely open to hearing different point of views because I might learn something.

As for Fleur, I do not believe she has an ideal life, perfect husband or great this or that. I think Fleur is a human being. I don't envy/jealous her life or anyone else who has money or status. There is a good and bad side to everything including money. People with money have problems. People with money can lose all their money - it happens all the time. I love learning about how people work hard/smart to earn money but also what mistakes were made that caused them to lose all of their wealth.

I have never been the kind of person compare my life to Fleur's or anyone else. She has her path and I have my own. I also know people with a lot of money who behind the scenes are in a LOT of debt and have had a lot of personal problems. They had the huge house, luxury car and amazing high paying job but all of that did not stop life from doing the same thing it does do someone with a lot less money. It depends, sometimes money helps but sometimes there is nothing money can do to fix things.

For example, I (who has a modest but comfortable life) had more money to spend, better health and job stability then my VERY "wealthy" friend. But looking from the outside people would look at the shiny expensive car and clothes thinking Wow that person is so lucky. I remember that person telling me, "I am riding around without a dollar to my name" - all the money was spent in trying to cover a LOT of debt that happened when times were better.

I don't believe Fleur's edited videos are all that happens in her real life. Is Fleur an escape from some people's life and they don't want anyone to pick it apart and show the reality? I am a person who is interested in how things work backstage, I don't want to believe everything someone is telling me ESPECIALLY someone who job it is to sell me something.

When I watch videos, I think OK that is something I might want to have so how can I find that at my budget level of spending. As I get a better job or save more money, I can gradually upgrade the item or go visit somewhere farther and farther away for vacation. I don't get upset, jealous or sad because someone has something I don't. I get inspired and have hope. Being jealous is stressful and limiting.

I see plainly that Fleur and these other beauty gurus are on the job making money in videos. The videos themselves are the result work. They are not just regular people filming for no reason, they are showing products and lifestyle to be paid money. Coachella is for sponsorships and networking for more brands/companies for work for in the future. Coachella is NOT necessarily for seeing the bands. The gurus are building their brands. Will they have these jobs in 10 years? Maybe. Maybe not. I hope they are saving more than they are spending.

I do not see Fleur or beauty guru as an "internet friend" that I wish I could have their "perfect" life. I see Fleur as a salesperson. Nothing more nothing less. No hate just matter of fact reality.

Fleur doesn't have a silly job. The beauty industry is huge and Fleur is making a LOT of serious money. I never mean to bash Fleur at all. It just absolutely amazes me to no end that (SOME NOT ALL) people need to believe an edited, manipulated video or an edited photoshopped, cropped and filtered photo is something to measure their real life hopes and dreams against.

Fleur is a person just like the rest of us on the planet. She inspires me to work hard. It has been cool to watch her success through the years. We both have amazing lives LOL!!!

Post by Guest »

fancyvagabond wrote:I said she does her job well, not perfectly (does anyone?). She does tend to slack off on her vlog channel when it comes to uploading on time (specifically this April, it's been worse than ever). That is her biggest fault. She also uploads regularly on her main beauty channel, and she's always happy, grateful and honest about the opportunities she gets on either channel. As a vlogger she makes sure her days are active so she has enough footage to edit. I have no problem criticizing Fleur when she fucks up, but lets also give credit when credit is due. I understand her seemingly ideal personal and financial life can frustrate people, but being born lucky is not a crime and it's pretty obvious when people are scraping the bottom of the complaint barrel... Wake me up when she makes a creepy ad for a plastic surgeon disguised as a confidence booster for tweens.
Think you might be in the wrong thread tbh...

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

A genuine thank you to Fleur for making me laugh in Sammi's video about their travel essentials. Her reaction to Anna using that stress relief scent thingy during flight turbulences is hilarious.

She should do more collabs, but only with people she has real chemistry with and feels comfortable joking around with. Her old challenge videos with Becky were gold.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I agree with most of fancyvagabond's posts. Fleur gets a lot of passes for being better and more hardworking than her peers (beauty gurus) and she gets a lot of flack for being born rich and not appreciating it enough and pretty and being too aware that she's pretty.

No, she's definitely not as hard working as us regular people who have normal 8AM~5PM jobs who makes in a year what Fleur makes in a month.

No, she doesn't open her wallet to charities as much as we would want people of her wealth to.

Yes, she has a serious shopping addiction.

But really, whenever the hate wave comes in this thread it's usually not justified in my opinion... it's usually a super nitpicky thing or something that has undertones of being mean just because of jealousy. It's totally ok to be jealous, I'm a bit jealous of her but finding fault in someone just because you're jealous is just childish. One of the few things I think she does badly is related to how she raises her pets and how she interrupts people.

BlancheDevereau
Informer
Informer

Post by BlancheDevereau »

takoyaki wrote:I agree with most of fancyvagabond's posts. Fleur gets a lot of passes for being better and more hardworking than her peers (beauty gurus) and she gets a lot of flack for being born rich and not appreciating it enough and pretty and being too aware that she's pretty.

No, she's definitely not as hard working as us regular people who have normal 8AM~5PM jobs who makes in a year what Fleur makes in a month.

No, she doesn't open her wallet to charities as much as we would want people of her wealth to.

Yes, she has a serious shopping addiction.

But really, whenever the hate wave comes in this thread it's usually not justified in my opinion... it's usually a super nitpicky thing or something that has undertones of being mean just because of jealousy. It's totally ok to be jealous, I'm a bit jealous of her but finding fault in someone just because you're jealous is just childish. One of the few things I think she does badly is related to how she raises her pets and how she interrupts people.
Jealous? Sorry boo, when I say her new videos bore me to tears and that I'm really tired of hearing "Piggity pooga," that does not mean I'm jealous. It means she needs better content and far better nicknames for her pet.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Yo, I ain't saying everyone who criticizes her is jealous. I agree, her baby voices to her pets and a lot of her content is boring. I mean some people saying she doesn't deserve her money and blah blah blah and people picking on the smallest imperfections in her looks (like way back when when someone mentioned the gaps in her teeth and it being not straight enough... like come on, here) there are undertones of jealousy -- not ALLLLLLL posts of course but SOME posts there are undertones of jealousy.

Ugh, I hope people will look at my post as a whole and not hone in on the jealousy part because whenever that comes up people posts their life's story to explain how NOT jealous they are of Fleur. It's fiiiine, ok, i'm totally not saying everyone is jealous.

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

I wish Fleur would work on her editing a bit more, her vlogs and videos are just clips put together, it's so basic. It doesn't have to be super fancy, but she could jazz it up just a little bit. I watched Vivianas Coachella vlog and it was much more interesting then Fleurs.

perennialamateur

Post by perennialamateur »

But do you prefer gussied up editing over six vlog months a year of moderately to definitely fun and interesting content?

rhi14
Debater
Debater

Post by rhi14 »

perennialamateur wrote:But do you prefer gussied up editing over six vlog months a year of moderately to definitely fun and interesting content?
Ha. This. Anna's vlog might've been well edited, but bloody hell it was annoying when she kept calling herself a granny. At least Fleur had a bit of actual vlogging during the music, Anna overlayed text and free vlog music over the footage. It was mostly crowd shots with blah music over it. I know Anna bumped into Jim Chapman from his vlog so they could've said hello in her vlog like Jim did with Caspar, or how Fleur showed them going in the pool together. At least Fleur puts people in hers way more, other than them just walking to and from the festival. Anna's outfits were dull, but she has the best legs out of the three. It's weird how both Fleur and Anna commented that they think Sammi is super hot? Is that because she's got fake boobs when neither of them are that booby?

Dunno, I just found all the Coachella vlogs to be mainly the youtubers on holiday in California and going to press events more than festival vlogging. I think I'll stick to Glastonbury.

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

perennialamateur wrote:But do you prefer gussied up editing over six vlog months a year of moderately to definitely fun and interesting content?
Do her secret meetings, half eaten food and poopies go in to the moderately or in the definitely fun/interesting content bin? :D

I didn't say that she has to go overboard with the editing, just a little elevated or updated, so it's not so plain jane vlog style.

pandachan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pandachan »

rhi14 wrote:
Ha. This. Anna's vlog might've been well edited, but bloody hell it was annoying when she kept calling herself a granny. At least Fleur had a bit of actual vlogging during the music, Anna overlayed text and free vlog music over the footage. It was mostly crowd shots with blah music over it. I know Anna bumped into Jim Chapman from his vlog so they could've said hello in her vlog like Jim did with Caspar, or how Fleur showed them going in the pool together. At least Fleur puts people in hers way more, other than them just walking to and from the festival. Anna's outfits were dull, but she has the best legs out of the three. It's weird how both Fleur and Anna commented that they think Sammi is super hot? Is that because she's got fake boobs when neither of them are that booby?

Dunno, I just found all the Coachella vlogs to be mainly the youtubers on holiday in California and going to press events more than festival vlogging. I think I'll stick to Glastonbury.
I'm pretty sure none of them would survive Glastonbury. They like to go to Coachella because it's very pretentious and "upscale". To me it also seems a festival of try hards.

perennialamateur

Post by perennialamateur »

Coachella has morphed into a marketing event with some live music in the background.

Yeah, I ageee Fleur needs to step up on all fronts, including editing bec hell even Essiebutton had some slick intro in her latest unimaginative boring video (watch out Anna! Estee is claiming your territory). but its a low priority imo. April has been a good month of vlogs. I was actually excited. And 6 months of daily vlogging even if the latter half are days late is a lot of work.

I wonder if Fleur is on the Casey Neistat bandwagon?

eoz831
Informer
Informer

Post by eoz831 »

Just watched her latest outfits of the week video..what the hell, did she acquire both the valentino and proenza schouler mini crossbody bags since her fairly recent bag collection video???

Return to “FleurDeForce”