Keratin hair treatment/Brazilian Blowout?

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Keratin hair treatment/Brazilian Blowout?

Post by QueenJolie »

Has anyone tried keratin smoothing/straightening treatment or the brazilian blowout which I think does the same thing ? What were your results? I wanna get this done, my hair is wavy but coarse, thick and frizzy and I need a salon treatment to make it semi-permanently straight/ smoothed! xx
'Isn't slough a funny word?'

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Keratin hair treatment/Brazilian Blowout?

Post by pink-panther »

I get the brazilian blowout done every 6 months or so, my hair is really thick and dry and I have a lot of hair, it really helps me to keep the volume under control, takes away all the frizz and makes my hair look way healthier. I really recommend it. Just make sure you get it done with a good professional!
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

QueenJolie
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenJolie »

pink-panther wrote:I get the brazilian blowout done every 6 months or so, my hair is really thick and dry and I have a lot of hair, it really helps me to keep the volume under control, takes away all the frizz and makes my hair look way healthier. I really recommend it. Just make sure you get it done with a good professional!
Does it make your hair texture straighter and/or smoother??
'Isn't slough a funny word?'

pink-panther
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pink-panther »

QueenJolie wrote:
pink-panther wrote:I get the brazilian blowout done every 6 months or so, my hair is really thick and dry and I have a lot of hair, it really helps me to keep the volume under control, takes away all the frizz and makes my hair look way healthier. I really recommend it. Just make sure you get it done with a good professional!
Yes! My hair is extremely straight right after it's done, but after a few weeks the texture gets more natural, it all depends on how you take care of it, if you want it to always look straight you have to always do a regular blow out or use a straightener after you wash your hair, if you want to get to the regular texture of your hair (but with less volume and frizz) you have to just blow dry after you wash it. The only down side with the brazilian blow out is that you always have to use heat after you wash your hair because that's what activates the chemicals from the blow out (at least that's what I've told by professionals). And yes, it looks a lot smoother if you have dry or frizzy hair. I'm no hair professional though, I only know all of this because I've been getting the brazilian blow out for about 5 years now and it works wonders for me. :)
Sorry about any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language.

Sunnie
Learner
Learner

Post by Sunnie »

Thaks
pink-panther wrote:
QueenJolie wrote:
Yes! My hair is extremely straight right after it's done, but after a few weeks the texture gets more natural, it all depends on how you take care of it, if you want it to always look straight you have to always do a regular blow out or use a straightener after you wash your hair, if you want to get to the regular texture of your hair (but with less volume and frizz) you have to just blow dry after you wash it. The only down side with the brazilian blow out is that you always have to use heat after you wash your hair because that's what activates the chemicals from the blow out (at least that's what I've told by professionals). And yes, it looks a lot smoother if you have dry or frizzy hair. I'm no hair professional though, I only know all of this because I've been getting the brazilian blow out for about 5 years now and it works wonders for me. :)
Thanks for the info. Gonna get my first Brazilian blow dry this week.

Gardar
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Gardar »

I have had a Keratin treatment done in the salon and I couldn’t wash it for 72 hrs post treatment. They clarify your hair, apply the treatment, blowdry and straight iron it in and then leave it there, poker straight where it has to stay for 72 hrs. No hair ties, sunnies on the head, tucking behind the ears etc. I did put it up to tuck it under a shower cap in the mornings for a shower, but as long as you straight iron it out again immediately afterwards its fine.
So, yep straight, lank hair with absolutely no body is what you are stuck with until you can wash it, but boy oh boy the results are so worth the 3 days of no washing hell! I just made sure I didn’t have anything important to attend to in those 3 days etc.
In saying all this, the salon I go to now offers a Keratin treatment that they wash out immediately therefore saving the no wash period. It is also certified formaldehyde free which is what the greatest concern is with these treatments. I haven’t tried this one yet but I will, its so worth it on my hair for the reduced drying/styling time. I have curly/wavy hair that I straighten always.

Return to “Hair Care”