TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs

umNO
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs

Post by umNO »

By request, a TheDeFrancoFam vlog topic has been started here...
Image Image

bbits
Talker
Talker

Re: TheDeFrancoFam Vlogs

Post by bbits »

YAY! Finally! lol

I actually really like Lindsay, and would love to have her life lol.

But can we talk about the fact that she got a "nanny" for Phil for his birthday.... like are you kidding me??? You have ONE CHILD. You are lucky enough to be a stay at home mom and raise your beautiful kid, if you want to have a date night once a week get a babysitter.

The truth is, Trey will be off to pre-school soon enough, so she'll have her "freedom" back. I just don't get why she would want to give any of that precious bonding time to a nanny?? Let alone give a NANNY to your husband as a GIFT?

I know she also flew in his dad, which I thought was really sweet. But the nanny thing didn't sit well with me.

Am I alone in this? Or... whaa?

horrorwriter
Learner
Learner

Post by horrorwriter »

bbits wrote:YAY! Finally! lol

But can we talk about the fact that she got a "nanny" for Phil for his birthday.... like are you kidding me??? You have ONE CHILD. You are lucky enough to be a stay at home mom and raise your beautiful kid, if you want to have a date night once a week get a babysitter.

The truth is, Trey will be off to pre-school soon enough, so she'll have her "freedom" back. I just don't get why she would want to give any of that precious bonding time to a nanny?? Let alone give a NANNY to your husband as a GIFT?

I know she also flew in his dad, which I thought was really sweet. But the nanny thing didn't sit well with me.

I didn't watch the vlog, but I remember Lindsey saying that she was having issues with her mental health over the summer so maybe this is so when she is having difficulty with it this nanny is there to help. I know how hard it is to take care of your self when you are struggling with your mental health, let alone somebody else. Maybe they had discussed it previously but Lindsey was against it till now.

ebbandflow989
Informer
Informer

Post by ebbandflow989 »

by far my favorite family channel. i think they are one of the few families who live their life and film it, rather than turn it into a business above all else. plus i think phil and linz are great parents and interesting people.

I am surprised by their lifestyle. phil has said he pays himself 100k a year, which while good money is not a lot considering linz doesnt work, how expensive it is in la, their nice house and nice cars, all the traveling they do, helping phils parents and wanting to get trey into private school.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

He probably gets more from sponsorships and other deals. He makes more than 100k a year. And I always thought Lindsay's parents still helped her out, and she makes money from the YT channel.

ebbandflow989
Informer
Informer

Post by ebbandflow989 »

he makes more than 100k, but he said he pays himself 100k and the rest is reinvested in the company.

Kinzie Kensington
Informer
Informer

Post by Kinzie Kensington »

thanks for the thread!!

eh, i like watching their vlogs sometimes, but the upload schedule is everywhere and linz annoys me a lot esp recently. *shrug*

i used to watch for trey but after watching bitsandclips and seeing her kids and even judy's kids, i think trey is boring with no real personality, tbh. i know that sounds harsh but idk everyone talks about how cute and smart and everything trey is and when watching the vlogs i just dont see it.

i understand it being hard w mental health stuff, hearing her talk about anxiety is actually very refreshing and i appreciate it because i can't put it into words myself, and i think having a baby sitter is mostly to keep trey company when she goes out for grocery shopping (which is chaotic enough w/o a baby!) or the gym (the last 2 times she took trey to the daycare there it flopped) so i get it!

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

I wouldn't say he has no personality/is boring, but kids develop their personalities and become more social from the people they are around. Maybe if he goes to more playdates and interacts with other kids more, he will liven up but he's still young. I think he's fine. Some kids just like being alone.

Linz is a great mom.

Kinzie Kensington
Informer
Informer

Post by Kinzie Kensington »

^ I guess that's the case then. how old is he now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChemoSobby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ChemoSobby »

Almost 20 months old, I believe...he'll be two in late April. He's a fairly clever kid at times but really he's just of average intelligence, and there's nothing wrong with that. He's a cutie and the way Linz interacts with him is what really makes the vlogs so special compared to many other family vloggers. As for the nanny, I think she's more or less going to be just a part-time babysitter but maybe she'll become a member of the household. I personally find the term "nanny" to be rather pretentious unless you have an actual full-time live-in caregiver for your children.
Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

I tend to think of babysitters as someone that a family knows in some way, whereas nanny sounds more like someone you interviewed/cleared professionally. Maybe Linz has the same thinking.

I don't think the nanny is going to be there a ton, just to help out and give Linz a small break when she has stuff to do. I think that's okay. I'm also thinking that they might be getting more serious about talking about having another kid and that's why Phil wanted a nanny. So that Linz can have a break before going back to having an infant.

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

didn't liz have serious complications when giving birth to trey? i think phil mentioned in vlogs that she bled out a lot, and if they hadn't done it in the hospital, she probably would've died.
after that type of scare, i'm not sure many people would be up to have another kid
The Internet knows all your secrets

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kittycatpancake »

It's LA. They call them nannies, but they're really just babysitters with credentials. If you went to college for early childhood education, you'd probably want a title that at least sort of reflected the time and money you put into getting an actual degree. Saying "I'm a nanny" sounds smart, saying "I'm a babysitter" sounds like you're a teenage girl.

She didn't LITERALLY give a nanny as a gift. Phil had asked her to get one because while yes, it's lucky she can be a SAHM, it is NOT healthy to be attached to your child 24/7, it can be very isolating to be a SAHM. Everyone needs a break for their mental wellbeing where they're not focused on caring for someone else. Whether you care for one child or a dozen, you need a little time now and then where you don't have to focus on caring for a kid, you can just do what needs to be done without worrying if you have diapers or enough cheerios or scheduling your bank appointments around naptime. Mostly the nanny is there so Lindsay can get things like shopping done. It's less stressful for her and less stressful for Trey when he can sit at home and play instead of being carted around to appointments all day.

And I honestly think getting the nanny was the smartest thing she could have done, care-wise. Now Trey has one consistent 'sitter' figure in his life who isn't a family member or friend. It can be very hard on young kids to not be well-introduced to a person caring for them when their parents leave. Consistency is key, and calling in a random babysitter can be stressful to a child and they may act out.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

What did Lindsay do before Trey was born? I know she was a travel vlogger, but did she do anything else? I don't remember any mention of a regular job.

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kittycatpancake »

She was an interior decorator for a while, I think. She really kept her personal life on the down-low in the earlier years from what I can recall.

misspiggy
Learner
Learner

Post by misspiggy »

Lindsay also went back to college, for at least a semester, during the past few years. I think her major was related to Middle Eastern studies of some sort.

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

I agree, it's weird.

Also it's like, here is a gift to you for your birthday which is actually a gift to myself. Odd.

PandaPanda
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by PandaPanda »

I love Linz. I've been a fan of hers since she and Phil got together, I really loved her travel vlogs. She said in a blog recently that they're going to try to get pregnant within the next year or so.

I agree about the nanny issue. I have a son about a year younger than Trey and I recently became a SAHM. I was disappointed that they got a nanny (whether it's just a casual babysitter or not.)

slytherin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by slytherin »

I agree with kittycat. From the vlogs it just seems like the "nanny" is a sitter for date night or when they go trivia nights. I mean Trey is almost 2, she's been home with him this whole time, I don't think theres anything wrong with hiring a regular sitter once or twice a week. I have a 6 month old and don't live near family and it's really hard to even think about leaving my son with someone I don't really know. I can't just take him to his grandparents or aunts, so I understand why Linz was so hesitant to get a nanny.

herpderpin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by herpderpin »

I really just have to get this off my chest... but Linz's "Trey voice" makes my ears bleed. I have second hand embarrassment when it happens...

Return to “Phil DeFranco / SourceFed / TheDeFrancoFam”