Kat von D - Hypocrisy

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by vajigglejaggle »

re: kat's new bathroom: i'm not sure how she was able to step into my uterus and film in there. i didn't feel a thing! i must've been taking a nap at the time or something

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Slightly off topic but not really since Kat was married to the guy - I just saw a bunch of stuff on Instagram from other tattoo artists complaining about Oliver Peck because I guess he dressed up in blackface and they are trying to get Ink Master to boot him off the show. Kat really knows how to pick her men :rofl:

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

LiddlePallid wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:17 am
Slightly off topic but not really since Kat was married to the guy - I just saw a bunch of stuff on Instagram from other tattoo artists complaining about Oliver Peck because I guess he dressed up in blackface and they are trying to get Ink Master to boot him off the show. Kat really knows how to pick her men :rofl:
oliver is in even more trouble now, because an employee on the set of ink master dropped some accusations about sexual harassment by him and the other hosts. whoopsie

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by GoldChocobo »

She finally surrendered her makeup line. I wonder if the quality will go up or keep going down.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I may be Canadian, but I can be snarky as hell.

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Now it's going to be called "KvD Vegan Beauty" instead lol. I'm interested to see where they go with the rebranding...

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

all the rebranding of these lackluster companies is curious to me.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Kat von D - Hypocrisy

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

They’re claiming she is completely out of the brand and will make zero royalties. So even more detached than Doe Deere is from Lime Crime. Certainly can’t blame them for wanting her out, I’m sure sales of the star products took a hit after it became common knowledge she was a piece of shit.

They also have a brand representative commenting on Reddit posts which is slightly surprising to me. They’re definitely targeting this rebrand to the online makeup community that’s canceled Kat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

ahhh i see... i wonder how it will go. the market is so saturated. they are like fleas... all over the place.
“I don't care what you are doing, so much as the idiotic way that you are doing it.”-vincent valentine

artheusa
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by artheusa »

Her artistry team was a failure, never gained the recognition she expected considering the amount of work she put in advertising the collective. The recent launches were uninspiring, people complained about the cheap feeling of the 10th year boxes etc. etc. She killed her brand.

Joffree must be ecstatic.

mellbell220011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mellbell220011 »

Too many projects going on at once led her to leaving . Also, i felt like she was neglecting the brand ever since her shoe line came out. I hear people might be supporting the new brand though

Tallntraveling
Informer
Informer

Post by Tallntraveling »

Recently was in a store that sells her (well former now) brand. Noticed literally every person steered clear of it and this was during Christmas shopping, so all types of people in the store. Don't even think it's the boycott at this point, just that the brand hasn't brought out anything good in 2 years it seems.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

She’s selling a sinking ship.
Typo’s Happen :tu:

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

I noticed she didn't have a giant holiday palette this year, now I know why lol. They didn't want to bother. It sucks because I loved so many of the products before I stopped supporting her shit.

vajigglejaggle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vajigglejaggle »

2020 is off to an interesting start, y'all.
i bet that perked jeffree up out of his manufactured sad time.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I don’t think it’s much of a loss for her. She sold off all her shares and probably made a shit ton of money.

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

She will not be getting any royalties either. Sounds like she got fired from her makeup line, lol.

Pok
Talker
Talker

Post by Pok »

So the ventures are her family, house, an album she’s been working on since her show ended and her shoe line... yes I can see how overworked she must be with that plus her makeup line which hasn’t released anything for awhile so yeah. Soooo busy. Does anyone else suspect this might just be the public announcement and things were on the out with Kendo for awhile? Maybe the royalties paid for the house?

GoldChocobo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by GoldChocobo »

mellbell220011 wrote:Too many projects going on at once led her to leaving . Also, i felt like she was neglecting the brand ever since her shoe line came out. I hear people might be supporting the new brand though

I noticed this as well. I had to go to sephora last week and her display area was totally dead. On a Saturday. In a super busy mall. In a prime display area. It's been like that a few times.

Once her products started showing up at Winners and the sephora sale page, I started wondering what when the brand was going to fold, but it looks like they'll keep the goth princess vibe going.

Im curious how it will fair now that alternative/indy brands are on the rise and getting more accessible by the day.

angelfire117
Informer
Informer

Post by angelfire117 »

Kat Von D (or KVD Vegan Beauty now) in the Sephora inside the JCP where I work is basically behind the registers. It’s a walk through so anyone could get to it but it’s pretty clear that they’re not too worried about that area getting crowded. Save all the other, easily accessible spots for brands that actually get shoppers.

fizzwizz12

Post by fizzwizz12 »

i tried her foundation once. i'm that person that will go get samples from sephora (i change tones) and will use them. i didn't dislike her foundation... but i've also embraced that i hate all foundations and the feeling of having a mask on my face. her stuff was good for oil control, but that's it.

Return to “Kat Von D”