Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Temptalia

Post by Abra27 »

:twit:

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

Yay!I'm glad you found the new site Abra. Christine should probably see a doctor for whatever is going on with her lips there.^^

Edited to say: YAY FOR AN EDIT BUTTON! :D

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

She's yammering on again about how if you need a lip color to last 10+ hours, Hourglass's liquid lipstick may not be for you. Who in their right mind needs lipstick to last that long?

Yesterday I had highlights done, and my highlights take forever, so I was there a good three hours. I was talking a lot to my stylist and I noticed my lipstick had worn off two times while there (it's hard not to notice when you're staring at yourself in the mirror, LOL). I pulled my lipstick out of my bag and re-applied twice, which took a total of probably 10 seconds for both applications tops.

She really has some insane expectations. :roll:

mek3
Learner
Learner

Post by mek3 »

That Hourglass review seriously pissed me off. In my mind I was like 'STFU Christine!'. She was so snotty talking about if you are ever in a situation where you need your lipstick to last ten hours this may not be the one for you. I'm like name one situation where you're in that you can't reapply your lipstick for ten hours. Is the person planning on swimming the English Channel? Then I don't think lipstick is a top priority then. If I'm on a job I can reapply it. If I'm at a party or a function I can reapply it. If I'm at a photoshoot I can reapply it as many times as I want. I'm really this ....... :roll:

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

If you're looking for a lip product to last mostly through a work day (applied after breakfast, able to make it through lunch, and then needs to be removed at dinner time), you might still consider Hourglass' Opaque Rouge. If you truly need nearly-perfect wear for 10+ hours, this might not be the option.
I've noticed that ever since she did the MAC creemsheen glass review and people in the comments were questioning her about her testing methods, like not eating and such, and that not being realistic, that she's gone out of her way to mention eating a meal in every lip product review since then. She's so transparent.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

Grouch wrote:She's yammering on again about how if you need a lip color to last 10+ hours, Hourglass's liquid lipstick may not be for you. Who in their right mind needs lipstick to last that long?

Yesterday I had highlights done, and my highlights take forever, so I was there a good three hours. I was talking a lot to my stylist and I noticed my lipstick had worn off two times while there (it's hard not to notice when you're staring at yourself in the mirror, LOL). I pulled my lipstick out of my bag and re-applied twice, which took a total of probably 10 seconds for both applications tops.

She really has some insane expectations. :roll:
She acts like it's impossible to reapply lipstick. Maybe it takes her 20 minutes to put it on or something. Sorry, Christine, but your own laziness/incompetence shouldn't factor into your ratings.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

Aside from needing a lip color that lasts that long, who wants a lip color to last that long?? Eventually you just get sick of wearing it. Especially a color like the Hourglass one.

feynman
Talker
Talker

Post by feynman »

Aw, I feel like this is the first day back to school, finding everyone and getting used to the new place.

Anyways, "Come Back to Earth After Trying Luvitate."
I realize "Luvitate" is Buxom naming their product but Christine. Girl. C'mon. It's not even a real word!!!

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

feynman wrote:Aw, I feel like this is the first day back to school, finding everyone and getting used to the new place.

I realize "Luvitate" is Buxom naming their product but Christine. Girl. C'mon. It's not even a real word!!!
As if that's ever stopped her. She was really trying to be clever, but it's just lame. At least this time it's not her fake word, because geeze that color name! Where did Buxom pull that from?

feynman
Talker
Talker

Post by feynman »

I took at is they wanted to combine "love" and "levitate" together but thought "luv" worked better because it's omg lol so cute.

Except it's not. :|

Maybe she helped them name it, hahahaha. "I came up with Temptalia all by myself when I was 16 you guys, I'm TOTALLY qualified, let me help!!!"

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

feynman wrote:Aw, I feel like this is the first day back to school, finding everyone and getting used to the new place.

Speaking of new places, how the hell does a person get an avatar? I tried uploading a bunch and there is a limit of 120x120 pixels. OK, so I uploaded one that is 120x111, and it's telling me it has to be *exactly* 120x120. Argh! I had the perfect one ready too.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

peeledpinkcrayon22 wrote:I KNOW!! Its so frustrating, I need my creepy syncro swimmers or NO ONE will know its me!!!
For all we know you are a STAN twin in disguise!

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

Jenmarie wrote:
peeledpinkcrayon22 wrote:I KNOW!! Its so frustrating, I need my creepy syncro swimmers or NO ONE will know its me!!!
For all we know you are a STAN twin in disguise!
For all of the participating I did over there, I never did see where that STAN reference came from. Can you enlighten me?

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

I had to look it up myself. Stalker + Fan = Stan. I believe that's it. Unless it's some obscure reference to Stan Zbornak.

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

peeledpinkcrayon22 wrote:
Its a slang term referring to uber fans like the person who was subject of that Eminem song 'Stan'. Someone who is soooooooooooo obsessed with a person they would tie up their pregnant girlfriend, throw her in the trunk, and then drive off a cliff into a river because you didnt answer their fan mail.

Heres the video for reference:
LMAO @ the Stan Zbornak reference!

I love Eminem and Stan, so that makes perfect sense.

"Dear Christine,

I hope you're doing well. I wanted a photograph for my little sister but you didn't send it, and now I'm thinking about jumping off the Empire State Building. Hope you to hear back from you soon!

Lovingly,

Wendy"

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

^LOL!!

You know, years ago I swear I heard some story about someone who met her at Nordstrom and they didn't find her to be all that friendly.

"Dear Christine,

I met you at Nordstrom but you couldn't make the time of day for me. Don't you know I have pictures of you wearing blue lipstick on my wall, see? You're making me blue, you're making me mad, why, Christine, why must you give me the sads?

Signed,

Your old fan KafkaSTAN"

Grouch

Post by Grouch »

Well, since the avatar I wanted to use couldn't be sized to 120x120 in that program the admins linked to, I decided to use it as my signature. As in, have some of my critique, dear!

Abra27
Debater
Debater

Post by Abra27 »

I'm currently searching for the perfect Christine from Temptahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlia.com picture as my avatar. I do love the duckface from the old forum but she doesn't look nearly ridiculous enough.

Jenmarie

Post by Jenmarie »

I bet they write Stanfiction too.

Return to “Temptalia”