Phil's drawing skills

karma_yeah
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 50: A story of Dil-do(ll)s

Post by karma_yeah »

daphenaxa wrote:these radio shows are TOO SHORT. I hate it, I am always so frustrated when they end.
They have no time to talk at all. I hope they go back to 2hours or 1h30 but with no additional music so they can add a bit of banter and additional segments.
I couldn't agree more! Just as I was enjoying it, it was over! Def hope they go to a 2 hour format!
What goes around, comes around.

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

I loved Phil's ls, it got me in the festive mood and properly excited for xmas :)
Their home is so cozy, it just screams "home" and not temporary place. I like how they put so much thought into their decorations and stuff.

Phil's randomness has no limits tho, I enjoy that so much! I wonder what's the audio thing he is recording. I hate when they just drop hints of their future projects, it makes me so curious xD
Also I reckon we might get the fanfic vids at the end of this week or next week at the latest. I certainly hope a new gaming vid will be out this week and not sims :3

The radio show was good too. The "do not test me on xmas songs howell" was pure gold! and poor Dan with the mince pie incident (double date much though xD )
I'm so glad there'll be another one soon. I adore the radio shows :)

I'm feeling s happy, these were the two things I needed after a looong day n.n

btw I checked the radiotimes contest and phil actually made it to the finale! Tho he is losing rn but what really surprises me is the numbers each one has. Gmm had like 922k and phil had 871k when I checked. Bots aside that's still so much clicking! Quite surprised the gmm guys manage to get an audience interested enough in making a bot to get them to win, that's phandom commitment level tbh
:love2: Image :love2:

ieatbooks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ieatbooks »

Late thought on Phil's live show:
I like how their publishers gift to them was one piece of joint home decor. Even their response to D&P is: yeah those two aren't parting ways anytime soon.

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

ieatbooks wrote:Late thought on Phil's live show:
I like how their publishers gift to them was one piece of joint home decor. Even their response to D&P is: yeah those two aren't parting ways anytime soon.
Yep that to me says a lot; the publisher seems to take it for granted that they will share and there won't be any issues with logistics.

This makes me wonder; we know that D&P jointly gives presents to their friends but is this also reciprocal where they do received joint gifts from family and friends.
Credit:amazingfiru

blueapple_x
Informer
Informer

Post by blueapple_x »

daichii wrote:I wonder what's the audio thing he is recording. I hate when they just drop hints of their future projects, it makes me so curious xD
If he wasn't referring to the fanfic readings they're going to do on their channels, then I wonder too! I don't think it's the fanfic thing though, since we already know that's happening. Perhaps they're doing some voice work for some fellow youtubers' videos? Or another game/app thing. Just a guess.

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

Radio show was cute as always, but they did stumble quite a bit & seem pretty rusty! Still enough material to make it enjoyable though! "Do not test me on Christmas songs, Howell". :love2: Phil's fantastically horrid portraits of Dan always make me smile as well.
dan.jpg
re: songs. "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah is pretty much the greatest Christmas song of all time (not even ironic). The M5 pick made me nostalgic as a former LA scene kid who first saw M5 (aka Kara's Flowers!) in '97 (18 years ago... eeps!). Also reminded me of my semester abroad in the UK going to a Top of the Pops taping with M5, JC Chasez, & Busted (bwahahaha). Björk is always welcome... any season, any occasion! :)

Excited for the Christmas show... even more excited since I should (hopefully) actually be able to listen/watch live.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

Well I'll be damned, the phandom's brought the competition back - Phil's in the lead.

Over a million votes, jfc.
dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

jesssica wrote:re: songs. "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah is pretty much the greatest Christmas song of all time (not even ironic).
They could have played the My Chemical Romance version of it rather than Mariah though, that would have been much better ;)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

kathrynxjane
Debater
Debater

Post by kathrynxjane »

I agree about the music. Wasn't my taste until Maroon 5 and taking back Sunday came on.

All I want for Christmas is the ultimate Christmas song. I hope they play more Christmas songs on the 21st.

I felt like the radio show was a bit lacking today. There wasn't as much going on when a song was playing. Only one drawing on the whiteboard. I think there may have been a few problems as the producer came into shot quite a bit

Also I felt like the framing was off. Too much on Dan and Phil was pushed to the side. Needed to be more centered.

Favourite part of course "don't test me on my Christmas songs, Howell"!

Bit disappointed today. Needed more bands at least they looked happy. (I wonder how many Run & Fly jumpers they have!!!) Dan's LS tonight better make up for it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
“I wish humans were less socially awkward and we could pokemon battle without it being weird” :tu:

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

felucca wrote:Well I'll be damned, the phandom's brought the competition back - Phil's in the lead.

I hope this bloody ballot close soon; I'm tired :rofl:

lonelyplant
Learner
Learner

Post by lonelyplant »

Honestly, I've never understood why they always film that board in the background sm, it's not like we tune in to watch the same fan art for an hour. And this time there was just a christmassh bbc logo? Smh

This show got a LOT of mixed reviews, wow! I actually liked it, the mince pie story was hilarious and Phil trying to show his phone to the camera was really cute imo lmao. I don't know why everyone (on twitter at least) started worrying and saying that they acted so differently, I didn't notice anything really special. i think there was just a big acc who said it and then everyone suddenly agreed It was a good show but to short as always; I do not understand the logic in going from 2h every week to 1h a month. Looking forward to the radio show, that'll be at least two hours right? Even with editing they filmed at least three hours, but I guess we'll see

Spicyhottea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Spicyhottea »

Also puzzled why people think the show was so different. It was just as good as always? Nothing different or weird imo lol. I just rewatched it now because I missed it last night. Although fail Dan? Maroon 5's first single was of COURSE Harder to Breathe which is still imo their best song ever.

Also, Dan said Phil put the mince pies by his lap and then that he sat on them so I was like, wtf why did Dan sit on his lap lol. Weird wording. Because then he changed his story and said Phil hid them behind a cushion. Makes me think the story is completely fake and made up for the radio lol.

swofro
Learner
Learner

Post by swofro »

humanholiday wrote:Also, Dan said Phil put the mince pies by his lap and then that he sat on them so I was like, wtf why did Dan sit on his lap lol. Weird wording. Because then he changed his story and said Phil hid them behind a cushion. Makes me think the story is completely fake and made up for the radio lol.
I dont know, it seems legit to me, like phil maybe put the mince pie very close to himself that dan didnt see it from the angle he comes from (say it was being obscured by phil body) and we knows how dan likes to sit extra close next to phil and d just flop himself right next to p and crush the mince pie with his bum.

Okay, that sounds a bit fanfictional but i think thats what happen
English is not my first nor second language. Expect the worst. :love2:

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

sweetmm wrote:
felucca wrote:Well I'll be damned, the phandom's brought the competition back - Phil's in the lead.

Stupid ballot, too many votes, but it finish in 4 hours. After more than 1 millon votes I now really want Phil to win. (It ends at 4 pm uk time)

I think the mince pie accident is true... poor Dan :rofl: Also who are the friends that went to their house, I remember reading a twitter of someone saying they had watched Star Wars recently, but idk if it was Pj or Wirrow

lonelyplant
Learner
Learner

Post by lonelyplant »

swofro wrote:
humanholiday wrote:Also, Dan said Phil put the mince pies by his lap and then that he sat on them so I was like, wtf why did Dan sit on his lap lol. Weird wording. Because then he changed his story and said Phil hid them behind a cushion. Makes me think the story is completely fake and made up for the radio lol.
I dont know, it seems legit to me, like phil maybe put the mince pie very close to himself that dan didnt see it from the angle he comes from (say it was being obscured by phil body) and we knows how dan likes to sit extra close next to phil and d just flop himself right next to p and crush the mince pie with his bum.

Okay, that sounds a bit fanfictional but i think thats what happen
I think it's probably a mix of truth and then just exaggeration to make it a funnier story. Posting it two times was a bit fail since he worded it differently in the tweet and now it's hard to actually imagine what happened haha
majitzu wrote: I think the mince pie accident is true... poor Dan :rofl: Also who are the friends that went to their house, I remember reading a twitter of someone saying they had watched Star Wars recently, but idk if it was Pj or Wirrow
idk if someone said explicitly that they watched it together but since Bryony tweeted this the day after phils tweet, i think it's p safe to say that she was there
[tweet][/tweet]

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

^probs briony and wirrow, they're their usual double date choice xD

I think the mince pie thing is true, too humilliiating to be made up. Some parts of the story could make it to inuendo bingo imo
:love2: Image :love2:

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

lonelyplant wrote:I do not understand the logic in going from 2h every week to 1h a month. Looking forward to the radio show, that'll be at least two hours right?
I missed the 2 hours segment of "The Radio 1 Request Show"; but I guess it makes sense that "The Internet Takeover" is only 1 hour as the other weeks are DJ by amateur guest youtubers. I have a feeling the XMas special is also only 1 hour as I doubt they will cancel the weekly programme normally slotted before or after it.
majitzu wrote:
sweetmm wrote:

Stupid ballot, too many votes, but it finish in 4 hours. After more than 1 millon votes I now really want Phil to win. (It ends at 4 pm uk time)
Woah this means war :rofl:

felucca
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by felucca »

sweetmm wrote:Woah this means war :rofl:

dat veniam corvis, vexat censura columbas

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

The fact that Rhett & Link are actively emailing their fanbase makes this vote a bit less baffling. I just can't be bothered to care about online voting without D&P harassing us for votes. ;)
missemma wrote:They could have played the My Chemical Romance version of it rather than Mariah though, that would have been much better ;)
I looked this up & actually really liked it! Random, seemingly mismatched cover songs are one of my favorite things!
humanholiday wrote:Although fail Dan? Maroon 5's first single was of COURSE Harder to Breathe which is still imo their best song ever.
I give him the benefit of the doubt since he was 11 when M5 were blowing up. :D But yeah, forgetting Harder to Breathe is pretty unforgivable!

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”