Credit:amazingfiru

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan & Phil Part 49: Peter Phan Syndrome

Post by Pistachiyo »

I'm not sure if you were referring to me but I've been here for quite a while now. anyway, just marking my spot on the new thread.

mintsans
Learner
Learner

Post by mintsans »

I just went to the drugdeal blog for the tatinof videos and ended up watching a few of their older videos and i just got hit by a wave of fondness. in one of dan's old vloggy videos (pelvic thrusts) he is giving a general life update and very excitedly talks about phil getting his first apartment, saying he "can't wait to dump all [his] shit" at phil's house. that is such a boyfriend thing to do, he just assumes he has an allocated space for his stuff at phil's :love2:

mazza1506
Learner
Learner

Post by mazza1506 »

I fully support the new topic name

:respekt:

that is all for the moment
Image :hugs: Founder of the Peter Pan Syndrome Support Group :hugs:

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Tbh guys asking for the password for the drugdeal, its difficult for a reason. If you search back enough you'll get it for sure. We don't just give it out because its got so much stuff in there thanks to the wonderful people on here we don't want to risk it being deleted.

I have the Dil audio from Brighton so who should I send it to to get it up on there? Felucca?

I might have watched the video from London like 200x already ;)
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

otakutrash
Learner
Learner

Post by otakutrash »

nothing much to say, just here to make a mark and express my love for this new thread name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
longwinded and bad in language, i know, but i'm just too annoying of a person to keep my mouth shut

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

nothing to add, just marking the thread
The Internet knows all your secrets

boredtears
Talker
Talker

Post by boredtears »

They're being interviewed about tabinof by Caitlin Moran on Friday...in an Apple Store??

http://concierge.apple.com/events/R245/ ... 2120/en_GB

http://teneightymagazine.com/2015/11/09 ... ore-event/

Isn't she a pretty well-known person/journalist/whatever she is isn't she the one that made the Sherlock cast read out fanfiction about themselves and pissed off a bunch of fans in the process

Should be interesting.

Side note, why do some people on here call d&p 'deppy'?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

boredtears wrote:Side note, why do some people on here call d&p 'deppy'?
i just assumed they typed d&p and autocorrect changed it to deppy idk

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

boredtears wrote:They're being interviewed about tabinof by Caitlin Moran on Friday...in an Apple Store??

Isn't she a pretty well-known person/journalist/whatever she is isn't she the one that made the Sherlock cast read out fanfiction about themselves and pissed off a bunch of fans in the process

Should be interesting.

It's for a mag that's focused on yt stuff so I guess it won't really raise any controversy like the times interview.
Idk why them or their management accepted the newspaper and tv interviews tbh. I guess exposure but from a marketing pov it makes no sense as almost none of their target market watches news/reads the newspaper and as we all saw the mainstream media are reluctant to get yt culture.

Btw has anyone else done a proper tabinof/tatinof review? (I mean srs bsns people). It's kinda odd, at least to me, that there hadn't been more reviews since the tour is so successful and the book's a best seller. In my country we get tons of reviews or at the very least mentions if a local is successful in selling books/shows.
:love2: Image :love2:

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

boredtears wrote:They're being interviewed about tabinof by Caitlin Moran on Friday...in an Apple Store??

Should be interesting.

Now that is very interesting. She's a pretty big thing. Yeah it was her who interviewed the sherlock cast.. She also wrote a pretty in detail article able Cumberbatch once where she visited him at his parents home..

She's somebody who does her homework... And doesn't mind talking about private topics (she talked with cumberbatches mum about how she wanted to be a grandma really badly..) That will be very interesting..

EDIT:

Daichii where did you get from that it's for a youth magazine?

The Apple Store talks are something that happens quite frequently here, actors, singers and co get invited, the whole thing is live streamed and can be rewatched later in iTunes. It's a pretty big deal..
I've never heard of that being connected to a magazine...

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

Somelikeitpink wrote:

Should be interesting.

Now that is very interesting. She's a pretty big thing. Yeah it was her who interviewed the sherlock cast.. She also wrote a pretty in detail article able Cumberbatch once where she visited him at his parents home..

She's somebody who does her homework... And doesn't mind talking about private topics (she talked with cumberbatches mum about how she wanted to be a grandma really badly..) That will be very interesting..

EDIT:

Daichii where did you get from that it's for a youth magazine?

The Apple Store talks are something that happens quite frequently here, actors, singers and co get invited, the whole thing is live streamed and can be rewatched later in iTunes. It's a pretty big deal..
I've never heard of that being connected to a magazine...
I misunderstood. Now that sounds way more interesting :)
:love2: Image :love2:

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

Ooh that should be pretty good. I remember reading her article on Benedict Cumberbatch and really liking it, she went over to his parents house with him; it was very intimate. I'm sure she wouldn't open up any uncomfortable topics with D&P in a live interview, this'll just be a light thing with a focus on the book.

She was at their show on the 8th:

[tweet][/tweet]

I also wanted to say that the people who couldn't watch the JLaw/JHutch/LHem 7second video on Dan's channel due to second-hand embarrassment: It's really not that bad! I watched it the first time basically through my fingers expecting a cringe-fest, but it was fine. Awkward moments? Um yes. But his editing makes them work for humour, and the cast was very kind. Maybe try giving it a listen in a separate tab. I mean, Dan whips out a homemade muffin at the end, you're depriving yourself of that moment.
I need an explanation for the muffin in a ls.
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

hbanana
Informer
Informer

Post by hbanana »

I can't wait for that interview. If her kids are fans than she might get them more. Also hopefully she finds a way to give us a little bit of t in a less aggressive way. 8-)

hyliandeity
Informer
Informer

Post by hyliandeity »

The Apple Store event is free though which surprised me, I reserved a place myself but had to cancel it as I can't make it to London in time. Can't imagine how chaotic the event is going to be, is the Apple Store prepared for what they've invited lol

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

peeeepins wrote:I need an explanation for the muffin in a ls.
Maybe bringing baked goods to his fave was a fond homage to missemma.

jesssica
Talker
Talker

Post by jesssica »

*another lurker coming out of the woodwork*

Honestly, the password isn't all that difficult. Google + search function here are your friends. It took me about 30 minutes once I became determined to piece it together; just keep at it! & a huge thank you to all who made that doc possible (felucca et al!). It has/will provide me hours of time wasted at work.

Anyhoo... is anyone here going to the LA signing? I'm contemplating asking for the day off work, but I feel a bit ridiculous as an old ass person (31!) who doesn't take selfies & really shouldn't be as interested in these two as I am. I'd probably just confuse them by refusing to take a selfie with them. :?

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by illegal_mind »

hyliandeity wrote:Can't imagine how chaotic the event is going to be, is the Apple Store prepared for what they've invited lol

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

hyliandeity wrote:The Apple Store event is free though which surprised me, I reserved a place myself but had to cancel it as I can't make it to London in time. Can't imagine how chaotic the event is going to be, is the Apple Store prepared for what they've invited lol
I wish I had gotten a place. Well. Suppose will have to watch it online.

Well they've handled the Sherlock frenzy before I think they can deal with it

neetbuzzer
Learner
Learner

Post by neetbuzzer »

did she write a book semi-recently? I feel like she might have. a feminist one that drew some ire from other feminists, or something idk. my headache is telling me to probably not google that rn. regardless, should be a good interview! or at least better than the last one, as the current bar is so low it's essentially subterranean

illicit substance waffling + (re)hashbrowns below
so I decided to rewatch voldy bc I thought hey, it's been years! maybe the emotional taboo will have somewhat unclenched (supposed to be an HP joke but uh)? and for me it absolutely has not, nope. not even kind of. in fact, the [discomfort intensifies] was just as strong as it was previously. I honestly still can't believe. well. any of it, tbh. by which I mean I can't believe YT glitched so unfortunately for them, I think they def were and probs still are 2gether 4eva or whatever. in fact, the acute discomfort watching the vid causes is the most significant piece of (completely personal obviously) proof for me. nothing's quite so squirmy as sincerity, ya know?

like it's literally altered their lives in a pretty profound way. someone (loads of pages ago) mentioned how vulnerable that would make one feel which should have been obvious to me but it really crystallized how "actual people with feelings who had the carpet rudely yanked away" they were and basically the mortification exponent needed to push my panicky embarrassment into what they actually probably felt is so staggering it makes me want to lie down tbh
that sounds really melodramatic but the long and short of it is: whoo boy

and at the risk of (further) sounding like a misty-eyed relative at the saddest graduation party ever, seeing the (other) vid titles listed in the ddeal is giving me really, really fierce + vaguely unpleasant nostalgia. like damn, it's kicking dust off feelings I thought I'd ditched in high school, yikes. escaping into YT culture/general interwebs was a favorite coping mechanism of mine, and being able to watch as an adult things I watched during some of the worst times in my life is just bizarre. p sure I'll appreciate them in a new way though, which is very exciting!

/weepy cheek pinching spinster aunt

but on a less maudlin note, reading people say "the pw isn't that hard tbh" made me Bitter Witch Cackle because I'm sitting over here with my newfound passion for ikebana like

but at least I learned something! :D more like 500 things fuck it too me so long
Image Image Niles, you gossipy fishwife!

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”