Young Adult Book Series

WatchYoutube
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Young Adult Book Series

Post by WatchYoutube »

I am looking for more book series to read and so would like some recommendations for young adult please.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Young Adult Book Series

Post by sgirl1 »

I just sped read through the lying game series by Sara Shepard , it's sooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smars27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by smars27 »

That’s pretty generic requirements for me to try and give advice as our taste/love for genres might be different.

When I was younger I loved stuff involving romance/mystery/friendships (Judy Blume, Agatha Christie…I forget the rest sorry) and I now like pretty much the same type of stuff romance/mystery/thriller (Sidney Sheldon, Jude Devaraux, etc).

Young Adult is 12+ so I will just list the books that have stuck in my brain and I think are for that age group.

The Friendship Ring by Rachel Vail. There are 4 different books with 4 different girls, (1 bonus book with the guy’s perspective) and while the same main events happen in each one, there is a bit of a different perspective/situation shown in each which I actually really liked for some reason. I think they are all around 13-14 in the books??

Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. Set up- Oldest Girl Dicey (think she was 16) realizes her mom has abandoned her and her siblings.

I will always Write Back by Ganda with Co-writer?? Guy and girl exchange pen pal letters throughout the years and become friends despite the status difference. (Her cute privileged American blonde girl), him from a 3rd worth country (Zimbabwe I think?) Not just letters but about their life and what they were going through at the time.

Child Called It By Dave Pelzer. About horrific abuse this kid suffered from a mentally ill woman. It made me incredibly angry/emotional so careful if you’re sensitive.

I don’t know if you like/read manga?? Might be a bit difficult as you read from right to left instead of left to right.
I really like shojo manga (for young girls so around 12-16?)- Mainly involve “fantasy romance- aka unrealistic expectations)) and these are a few of my favorite series:

Vampire Knight (Japanese version of Twilight in a way- 2 guys like the same girl)

Fruits Basket (orphan girl keeping a secret of a clan that turns into their Zodiac characters and their other deeper/darker secrets)

Ouran Host Club (girl with scholarship entrance to snooty rich school, becomes in the debt of some guys who make her pay it off, by pretty much being involved in their shenanigans)

Hope that helps. I'm assuming you want less generic answers than things like the Hunger Games but otherwise you can search for best Young Adult books, or there is certain website where if you search for a certain book/author you will find similar ones.

WatchYoutube
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WatchYoutube »

smars27 wrote:That’s pretty generic requirements for me to try and give advice as our taste/love for genres might be different.

When I was younger I loved stuff involving romance/mystery/friendships (Judy Blume, Agatha Christie…I forget the rest sorry) and I now like pretty much the same type of stuff romance/mystery/thriller (Sidney Sheldon, Jude Devaraux, etc).

Young Adult is 12+ so I will just list the books that have stuck in my brain and I think are for that age group.

The Friendship Ring by Rachel Vail. There are 4 different books with 4 different girls, (1 bonus book with the guy’s perspective) and while the same main events happen in each one, there is a bit of a different perspective/situation shown in each which I actually really liked for some reason. I think they are all around 13-14 in the books??

Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. Set up- Oldest Girl Dicey (think she was 16) realizes her mom has abandoned her and her siblings.

I will always Write Back by Ganda with Co-writer?? Guy and girl exchange pen pal letters throughout the years and become friends despite the status difference. (Her cute privileged American blonde girl), him from a 3rd worth country (Zimbabwe I think?) Not just letters but about their life and what they were going through at the time.

Child Called It By Dave Pelzer. About horrific abuse this kid suffered from a mentally ill woman. It made me incredibly angry/emotional so careful if you’re sensitive.

I don’t know if you like/read manga?? Might be a bit difficult as you read from right to left instead of left to right.
I really like shojo manga (for young girls so around 12-16?)- Mainly involve “fantasy romance- aka unrealistic expectations)) and these are a few of my favorite series:

Vampire Knight (Japanese version of Twilight in a way- 2 guys like the same girl)

Fruits Basket (orphan girl keeping a secret of a clan that turns into their Zodiac characters and their other deeper/darker secrets)

Ouran Host Club (girl with scholarship entrance to snooty rich school, becomes in the debt of some guys who make her pay it off, by pretty much being involved in their shenanigans)

Hope that helps. I'm assuming you want less generic answers than things like the Hunger Games but otherwise you can search for best Young Adult books, or there is certain website where if you search for a certain book/author you will find similar ones.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will check them out.I just want some different series apart from the obvious ones really tbh.

WatchYoutube
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WatchYoutube »

sgirl1 wrote:I just sped read through the lying game series by Sara Shepard , it's sooo good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ohh thank you,I'll check it out, I quite enjoy the PLL series tbh.

camille jones
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by camille jones »

I really loved the "Gregor the Overlander" series which was written by the same author as "Thr Hunger Games". It was honestly an awesome series.

puresoul
Learner
Learner

Post by puresoul »

Lauren Oliver has a book series that got published a couple of years ago, I think the whole series is called the Delirium trilogy which is also the title of the first book. I really enjoyed the series, it is a dystopian novel, so if you're not into that kind of stuff then this not might be the series for you. Basically the whole point of the story is that they live in a world where love is thought of as something horrible and completely unnecessary -- a disease, so when a child turns 18 they have to undergo a surgery which, I guess, turns their emotions off/makes them loveless (don't really remember the specifics). Anyway, the main character is a young girl who is approaching her surgery & she's really looking forward to it. If I remember correctly the city where she lives in is very heavily guarded and controlled -- a curfew, there's a wall around it, and once again, if I remember correctly I think that the people who live in the city are made to believe that on the other side of that wall there's nothing, which obviously turns out to be not true.

Medhanie
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Medhanie »

It should be interesting

Curiosity
Informer
Informer

Post by Curiosity »

I've been reading the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova, currently on book 3 of 5(there's a book 2.5 in it called Tales from the Front, and 2 series that belong in the The Air Awakens World = Golden Guard trilogy-3 books, and Air Awakens: Vortex Chronicles-going to be 5 books). It has slow-burn romance, lots of magic, and seems inspired by the magic in Avatar:The Last Airbender a bit. I've been loving the story so far, and the cover art is beautiful(created by Merilliza Chan).
(` ーωー´)

BookishBarbie
Learner
Learner

Post by BookishBarbie »

The Folk of Air Series by Holly Black
The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa
Carve the Mark Series by Veronica Roth
The Red Queen Series by Victoria Aveyard
The Traitor’s Game Series by Jennifer A. Nielsen
The Legend Series by Marie Lu