GitzyGlam is down

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

GitzyGlam is down

Post by glamgrl »

Glitzyglam is down, it says it will be down until 2016. I don't know when it went down but I think its interesting that it goes offline now...isn't Christmas their biggest season? They actually rent/own a space for the warehouse so I don't see how they can keep it if they're offline for months especially during their biggest season. Its actually been a while since we saw Elle or Blair pimp it too....

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GitzyGlam is down

Post by Gaga »

Their store in Florida (or their family members store) laid off like 6 girls and they didn't get their last paycheck, and it was on the local news. They're probably losing business. Little gift shit like that is going out of style.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

Gaga wrote:Their store in Florida (or their family members store) laid off like 6 girls and they didn't get their last paycheck, and it was on the local news. They're probably losing business. Little gift shit like that is going out of style.
I'm not surprised tbh. I liked some of the glitzyglam shit but I never understood how they can make enough from that to have it in its own building (and employ people, or so they made it sound). Seemed to lose popularity after 2013 anyway. What was the name of the flordia store? I thought they mentioned/showed it at some pint.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

Loli & The Bean... I wanted to find a link to the news story, but I couldn't. It was at the beginning of this year. They usually employ snotty sorority girls who have no customer service skills. Back when I lived near the store I tried buying a gift for my preppy friend, and they were so rude, I just left.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

lol not surprised about the rudeness, I guess we should be thankful glitzyglam was an online store. Though I never had any issues with them, even when I had to contact them. I liked a few of the items (esp. the makeup bags which i repurchased a few times, i travel alot) although yes, everything is overpriced. But since they basically just monogrammed and resold shit they bought in bulk i'm sure I'll be able to find many of the products elsewhere. But I have a feeling this will end like all of their other endeavors...promising to be back but just quietly disappearing with no explanation.

LOL and I totally realized now I typoed the title and wrote GITZY GLAM...lol. :tu: ...though it somehow works.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

both girls seem to have lost a lot of youtube popularity also (not uploading as frequently) although Elle is trying.
Maybe they should have done glitzy glam planner stuff?

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

When she announced her sticker store, I was surprise she was running it herself. I thought it actually was out of glitzyglam.

binlova
Informer
Informer

Post by binlova »

glamgrl wrote:When she announced her sticker store, I was surprise she was running it herself. I thought it actually was out of glitzyglam.
Yeah! I thought the same! espeically if glitz glam wasn't doing well could have revived some of the sales atleast

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

I'm a little sad it closed tbh, but what pisses me off is how they never address things, especially when something fails. I hate when shit just disappears or I go on a site and its gone with no explanation. Of course, it just happened so they could still say something but I'm not holding my breath. They always act like its something shameful and if they don't talk about it, it doesn't exist. If they're embarrassed to say why something closed, they don't have to go into detail just saying like "My mom doesn't have time to run glitzyglam anymore so we're going to close it" would be enough. I feel like they owe it to their customers to at least tell us its closing or going to be down for awhile.

Though it says its going to reopen, I highly, highly doubt it. I could make a list of how much shit of theirs disappeared and they never said a word. This is why people call them sneaky.

becky2292
Debater
Debater

Post by becky2292 »

I remember someone saying before Elle opened up her store that she should put some pens, fancy notepad, and some stickers in a set and call it the "Planner Starter Kit". I bet Glitzy Glam could make a ton of money if they changed the stuff they sell. That monogrammed crap is so 2012 now that no one is buying it.

Gaga
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Gaga »

She's doing pens, notepads, extra stickers and little trinkets in her sticker store as a set. I think it's like the surprise kit for 20-30. I might be mistaken on the specifics though. And it looks like she added some little clips and bands for your planners to her store as well.

ih8ih8
Informer
Informer

Post by ih8ih8 »

So, in other words, Shitzy Sham 2.0, cheap shit from China repackaged and marked up 4000%.

Silver Rose 39
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Silver Rose 39 »

I was about to post this same thing about the website being down. It went down before Christmas, I used to check up on the site just to see what new items they had, just out of curiosity, and it was November or December it showed up saying it was 'closed for the holidays and would re-open early 2016'. I thought weeks before Christmas was a weird time to close for Christmas. I could understand if it was a couple of days before hand, like the 23rd or something. It's the middle of February and it's STILL not open again?, and Blair didn't pimp out glitzy glam items in her valentines day gift video, which she used to do for every holiday. I'm getting a really big sense that it's closed completely.

Hollytubewood
Learner
Learner

Post by Hollytubewood »

Well Elle has found enough young suckers to decorate paper with her stickers. And she also has a fiancé that is making some money at this time. As for Blair she has her sponsorsbut I doubt that's enough to support her new house. If you think about it glitzy glam was for young girls and a lot of them have grown up. So maybe the company was hurting.

Return to “Elle & Blair”