Jaclyn Hill Part 1

Chunky_Cocoa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jaclyn Hill Part 1

Post by Chunky_Cocoa »

STORY TIME: I got lost on the way to the Trash section and ended up in the Rave section. I noticed quickly my folly as there is only one part in this positive, lovey section of GG. With no expectations, I entered this thread and soon realized that there AIN'T SHIT here.

MORAL OF THIS STORY: If you don't care about anything going on in your 38 Trash threads, Wacky Jacky, just take note that hardly anyone has anything nice to say about you in this forum where we get nothing for kissing your ass.

NicolinaSurel
Learner
Learner

Post by NicolinaSurel »

Every guru I find myself liking I turn to GG for reasons to suspect them or to pick up on any shady vibes. I pretty much end up hating all of the gurus except Jaclyn. I think it's because I was a fan of hers from when I was pretty young and a lonely undergrad. She was fun. Nothing in her trash thread makes me dislike her. Nothing about the way she acts makes me dislike her. I respect GG for opening the eyes of the forum visitors. Except for on this thread. In all of the trash threads, the moment someone starts to defend their favorite guru, a moderator shuts them down by reminding them that it is a trash thread. But in this rave thread there's more negativity than positivity. It's a little disappointing that a mod isn't stopping it but is encouraging it by thumbing up the negative posts. It just doesn't breed a very objective environment. I think people should be allowed to like or dislike who they want and express those views in the designated spaces, equally.

Okay I'll shut up now before I get banned. :respekt:
No one needs that much under-eye concealer

CarrotCake1029
Learner
Learner

Post by CarrotCake1029 »

I love how this is a rave section and all the idiot trashers come here. CHB, are you the mod/admin? If someone posts something good in the trash it's deleted or the person is attacked. Why aren't the rude things in here deleted? JW

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

@CarrotCake1029
No they should not be here.
If you need to reach CHB send her a PM.
I realize this is old but she wouldn't know about it if you didn't send her an email.
If she was unavailable send another moderator an email.
There is also a report button that you can push and a moderator will take care of it when they have time. Usually within 24 hours.

faviifantasy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by faviifantasy »

I like her videos.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

poshbird
Informer
Informer

Post by poshbird »

I have a question: How...does Jaclyn...manage to get her skin CONSISTENTLY looking absolutely flawless and glowing all the time in vids, SnapChat (OK filters, I know) but also her pictures? Is it really just layers and layers of foundation, concealer, and powder? Because when I do that I look cakey as hell! Even with a SnapChat filter on. What's her secret? And don't say "botox" because I don't mean how tight her skin is, I just mean how...perfect it always looks. I've never seen another YouTuber match it.

BeautyTruthSleuth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BeautyTruthSleuth »

I love how she shills Morphe in such a way that she's managed to fool millions of people. One day, I aspire to one day be on the same level as Jaclyn SHILL. Plus her makeup skills are unrivaled!!1!!!

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

NicolinaSurel wrote:Every guru I find myself liking I turn to GG for reasons to suspect them or to pick up on any shady vibes. I pretty much end up hating all of the gurus except Jaclyn. I think it's because I was a fan of hers from when I was pretty young and a lonely undergrad. She was fun. Nothing in her trash thread makes me dislike her. Nothing about the way she acts makes me dislike her. I respect GG for opening the eyes of the forum visitors. Except for on this thread. In all of the trash threads, the moment someone starts to defend their favorite guru, a moderator shuts them down by reminding them that it is a trash thread. But in this rave thread there's more negativity than positivity. It's a little disappointing that a mod isn't stopping it but is encouraging it by thumbing up the negative posts. It just doesn't breed a very objective environment. I think people should be allowed to like or dislike who they want and express those views in the designated spaces, equally.

Okay I'll shut up now before I get banned. :respekt:
The reason people get shut down for defending their favorite "guru" is because there is no white knighting allowed in the Trash Section. Read the rules and stop with the self-entitlement.
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

lizzygogo
Informer
Informer

Post by lizzygogo »

Sooo... I like Jaclyn. She's obnoxious, certainly, but just in the sort of way I like in my occasional morning entertainment when I'm applying mascara or making coffee. Her makeup is too loud for me, but its also kind of mesmerizing to see applied or even just move around with her expressions. (Although I actually find her much prettier without makeup.) I've also read the trash thread, but nothing about it makes me actually dislike her. The inconsistencies people point to as big lies strike me as somewhat ordinary (especially for someone her age) variations in self-narrative and not particularly malicious. Like, sure, she might not meet a higher professional standard of what constitutes a MUA in terms of certification, but I can see how she thinks she does because of some lesser certification. She is definitely spoiled and overpaid and materialistic and a general testament to the gross inequities of American late capitalist society... but so are most of the other gurus. I appreciate that she seems a bit self-deprecating. She's a lot less boring than so many other gurus in her videos (ahem, Nicole G). I also think its crap that she is getting as much (or more) shit than Kathleenlights about the n-word snafu. Watching the clip someone posted, I don't think she did actually share it out of some malicious motive, but just because she is a bit careless and was drunk (again, flaws perhaps, but not crimes) and really didn't hear or understand the import of what Kathleen said (it is kind of hard to make out the audio). Also, Kathleen is the one who said it and thats what matters. I think its ridiculous people act like Jaclyn did something worse. So yeah, its lonely out here, but I like Jaclyn!

*****Note: I don't have SnapChat so I'm going strictly by YT videos.

Annakat21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Annakat21 »

I ordered her palette last week & it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I am so excited!!!! :love2:

Annakat21
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Annakat21 »

Also it seems like this positive sub is full of negativity :(

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

I think she is just one of the rare people blessed with amazing skin. Yes, she can afford expensive skincare/facials, etc, but even in her first videos (pre-Botox, pre-fillers, old camera, etc), her skin is nearly flawless. I just can’t find a reason to hate on JH!! She has always been her crazy, hyper, no verbal filter, foot- in -her -mouth self. She’s made mistakes, but she owns them. She has never conspicuously thrown anyone under the bus. She’s a smart business woman, tries to say something good about everyone, and she does not seem to create drama. (We can’t see her heart, so we don’t know her intentions.) She will always be the epitome of a true Beauty Guru in my eyes. <3

achlys
Talker
Talker

Post by achlys »

I can say that as much as I don't otherwise support Morohe, I had to get her palette. It was actually pretty pigmented and blendable. I know there was controversy with her redoing the packaging, but at least she didn't pull the shit Huda did with the rose gold palette.
The JH palette is probably one of the best for the ones I've tried in the $30-$40 price range...I just wish it was a little smaller since some colors are really close to each other shade-wise or that they were replaced with different shades.

WCSaidSo

Post by WCSaidSo »

loloe616 wrote:I think she is just one of the rare people blessed with amazing skin. Yes, she can afford expensive skincare/facials, etc, but even in her first videos (pre-Botox, pre-fillers, old camera, etc), her skin is nearly flawless. I just can’t find a reason to hate on JH!! She has always been her crazy, hyper, no verbal filter, foot- in -her -mouth self. She’s made mistakes, but she owns them. She has never conspicuously thrown anyone under the bus. She’s a smart business woman, tries to say something good about everyone, and she does not seem to create drama. (We can’t see her heart, so we don’t know her intentions.) She will always be the epitome of a true Beauty Guru in my eyes. <3
Quoting myself!! I stand corrected. Please, ignore my moment of ignorant optimism. Sigh.

Jumalauta
Learner
Learner

Post by Jumalauta »

She’s obnoxious, but the few tutorials of hers that I have watched have been somewhat good, she explains everything well. Too bad her personality is so exhausting.

Vanadiumlightyear
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Vanadiumlightyear »

It’s so nice to Jaclyn making videos again

delicate_18
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by delicate_18 »

Annakat21 wrote:I ordered her palette last week & it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I am so excited!!!! :love2:
I just got mine! excited toooo

ohhitsbrittanyy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ohhitsbrittanyy »

I hate morphe but her palette and vault are bomb af. I know the vault got a lot of heat so I guess I got a good batch but I always get so many compliments when I wear it which is basically every day

natureneon49
Lurker
Lurker

Post by natureneon49 »

Jumalauta wrote:She’s obnoxious, but the few tutorials of hers that I have watched have been somewhat good, she explains everything well. Too bad her personality is so exhausting.
both her sun sign and moon sign are cancer so that’s probably why she comes off exhausting ahaha. Cancers are very emotional but her and I share the same moon sign except she’s got 2 signs in cancer so that makes her extra exhausting. Not sure what her rising sign is. I googled her birth chart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keepingup
Learner
Learner

Post by Keepingup »

BeanChimichanga wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:45 pm
Where they at though? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: