Dan and Phil Part 47: The Phalace of Dreams

Idontreallyknow
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dan and Phil Part 47: The Phalace of Dreams

Post by Idontreallyknow »

I'm so happy it wasn't the baking video! I liked the new video actually, but one thing I noticed was at around 4:35 Phil goes to touch Dan's arm but then stops? He was looking at something before he did, so he might have wanted to tell him something, but I was just wondering if anyone else realized that?

internettakeover
Learner
Learner

Post by internettakeover »

missemma wrote:
Hahah I personally didn't enjoy the ISG that much when I saw it because it was too long and I got bored with his answers, but tbf to him I saw it pretty early on in the tour and I'm sure now he's got quite good at it. I'll be interested to see in Brighton if his answers have improved.
Loving his reply to the couple though and to being a furry, Dan threesome confirmed or what? I wonder what the girls boyfriend thought to his answer, good on Dan for not giving boring replies, bet that got people talking, nice to see him not censor himself for a change.

Also, that pop up book of NC-17 art, they did that in Sheffield so I assume is the way they end the Tumblr part in every venue.
ah, thanks for the info on the pop up book! I did wonder at the time :) not sure if this makes me more or less annoyed at the idea, or just annoyed in a different way!

Hope you have a great time in Brighton, that should be a fun show!
I liked the new video, it was a fun concept to combine the actual game with cards from Cards Against Humanity. I was amused that Dan wasn't actually named in the video itself! I wonder if we might get three gaming videos and then a video on Dan and Phil's own channels for spooky week? (though Dan might have uploaded too recently for that...) I'd be happy with that, though five gaming videos would have been better.
haru wrote:oh, and demon dan is love, reminded me of damien the hell demon
oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that! wish he'd done the 'Damien' voice the whole video, or an actual reference back to that would have been fun! and with both: wish we could have seen his facial expression at certain moments.

majitzu
Informer
Informer

Post by majitzu »

I love this video, it was so crazy. Demon Dan was funny, Phil was crazy, seriously how this his mind works? And Cat wasn't bad.

There was a part when Phil was going to touch Dan's arm, but I haven't go to tumblr yet so I don't know if there are any gifs of that.

I love when Dan and Phil look at each other when Cat was explaining the baguette part... definitely going to watch this video more times today :love2:

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

Yeah there was an odd (?) moment at 4:35, what could Phil have been looking at? Mirror? He kind of spaced out for a sec there haha. When was this filmed? Cat's hair looked more blonde than grey, and I like it much better than her current look. /superficial

Cute video! After all, it was a Cat video, meaning expectations were low, so it was nice that it didn't suck. Yay. Should I keep my hopes up that another gaming vid awaits today? And if they do a baking vid (pls pls pls), they usually go on AP channel, right? So two vids from Phil in a week maybe... Is that realistic?

They should do some fucked up crafts for their forgotten channel. Carve a goddamn pumpkin idc.
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

wtfamidoinghere

Post by wtfamidoinghere »

That was surprisingly funny! Dan kept looking at Phil though, hardly ever at cat, only when he was talking to her specifically. He must be really used to looking at Phil :D

On a sidenote, if anyone cares about what other youtubers say about the bour, Bry will go tomorrow according to this tweet and i can't imagine him going alone. He's friends with Dodie, Evan etc if my memory doesn't betray me.
[tweet][/tweet]
I hope they react publicly because for some reason i'm hungry for opinions from their colleagues.
And i saw this:
[tweet][/tweet]

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

internettakeover wrote:
ah, thanks for the info on the pop up book! I did wonder at the time :) not sure if this makes me more or less annoyed at the idea, or just annoyed in a different way!

I'll be sure to post again if they do it again, but I'm pretty sure it's a staple part they do every night.
I'm looking forwards to Brighton purely because it's Halloween and I get the chance to dress upppppp :love2:

I enjoyed the AP video, it was much better than I expected. 2 good videos back to back!
I don't really have an opinion on Cat, it didn't bother me that she was in the video. I liked how they used Cards Against Humanity and made their own little game out of it. I thought Dan looked kinda hilarious in that mask, Lord Doom definitely needs to make appearances again in other videos because #bants

The best bit:

Uh! that wasn't even the Spooky video apparently, we are lucky tonight guys:
[youtube][/youtube]
"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

Somelikeitpink
Informer
Informer

Post by Somelikeitpink »

I actually can't believe we got a second video.

Standout things for me:
Dan constantly almost crawling into Phils lap (because Jesus if he didn't look like he was ready to grab Phils arm every other second I don't even know)
In general all notions of personal space abandoned (interesting was that there was no big deal about it this time. No staring at the Camera the office style just... Them being close)
Dans sexual comments.

Also remember how just yesterday we said how Phils never allowed to play .... :rofl:

peeeepins
Informer
Informer

Post by peeeepins »

wtf wow why are you like this
"less yiffing"

Imma need a gif of Dan slumping toward Phil with exasperated face in slow-mo and I'll be good.
I'm loving spooky week ahhh
my watermelon ball brings all the :purr: to the yard and they're like meow meow meow meow

haru
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haru »

about the gaming video, i just have one thing to say: dan, don't call phil a fake fan when you're one too, smh.

it was fun to watch, liked fnaf better tho

daphenaxa
Informer
Informer

Post by daphenaxa »

Phil's video: I think the odd moment Phil kinda stops and wants to touch Dan's arm is when he sees the giant wasp and wants to notify Dan but then he decides not to interrupt. (they then talk about the wasp in the little cut scene in the end).

Is bucket of doom a real game? because I thought Dan the Lord of Doom came out with the scenarios and then they used the cards against humanity for the answers.

I love the vid. laughed out loud at least twice. Dan was golden in here, especially when he said "Daddy present coming down your chimney" and at the end when he said to Cat that he saw everything they did from hell. Lol their reactions were great too.

But again, I liked the 5nights at freddie's video (hilarious), the going deep video (cute and kinda funny) and even the dil's draw my life. So i usually like everything. :)

danandphilgames video: kinda boring tbh. still liked the proximity and Dan being aroused by sonic for some reason

fakelights
Debater
Debater

Post by fakelights »

Couldn’t post yesterday, so talking about the two videos at once. Ahammm…

FNAF: I don’t like the game and the last one on the series was a bit disappointing, but this one? I LOVE IT! Was hilarious and I felt they were more relaxed and not caring about the game so much. Loved Phil interrupting and not helping and talking over the game. Him trying to scare Dan at the end was very cute too. More of that for spooky week, please.

Cat collab: A lot better than expected. Like everybody else I was happy it wasn’t a baking video, let’s not touch that ehh?! But yeah, that was a very enjoyable video and better than the one at Cat’s channel. I’m so over the 7sc already I wish they would get over it and stop, but as long as It keeps being a successful app…
Anyway, Dan the demon was amazing. Wish I could see his expressions at some parts, I’m sure it would be amusing haha. Also liked that the video didn’t feel restraint and/or too kiddy, for it being on Phil’s channel was great. And last but not the least, what the fuck goes on Phil’s mind? lol All that Linda alien stuff: what??? (I love his weird mind though)

And to the people going on the tour: please keep us updated, I’m not here for this no spoiler thing and I love reading what is happening <3

Ops, while writing this they uploaded a new video on DAPG lol So about that…
Wrote while I was watching, so yoooo look at this live commentary \/

What is that hand omg. And Phil’s playing! What is this video?!
Dan punching Phil’s arm in this one again at 5:43 aww (and again at 6:57, poor arm)
“No, please Sonic. Please don’t hurt us” “Unless we consent” *winks* lol
So: I liked it and they looked cute. Thumbs up for me :tu:

What a useless post, you’re welcomed.

missemma
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by missemma »

Two videos in one night, bloody hell they need to go on tour more often because we're getting more content than we've got in a long long time, I'm not complaining for a change.

I enjoyed the sally.exe game, it was funny and full of the chemistry fanservice that they know we like, Dan said on twitter that they know their audience, and yup, they kinda do I guess. I'm actually considering resubscribing to the gaming channel but I'll wait and see what the video is like tomorrow before I commit. Can't believe we've had a DINOF, AP and 2 gaming videos in the space of a few days, I don't want them to go back to hardly releasing any videos because this is what makes the phandom a bit more interesting.

The best bit of the video was clearly this bit i've just got a shiny new version of photoshop so have been practising making gifs, you're welcs

"you don't need to say pow every time I apply some wood" - Dan Howell 2015.

ImageImageImage

alittledizzy
Informer
Informer

Post by alittledizzy »

Well, now we know what happens when Dan lets Phil control a game: lots of gratuitous touching and Dan all but crawling in Phil's lap.

#phangoggles: Whether they're doing it with the pointed awareness that fans like it or not, it seems effortless enough that I can fully buy it as part of their off-camera dynamic that they're just allowing to bleed over now. Or at least - Dan's allowing it. (This kind of makes me even more convinced that Dan is actually more comfortable being physical/open and Phil's the one that restrains more.)

sweetmm
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by sweetmm »

Between the 2 uploaded today, I enjoyed the AP's more. It demonstrated how wanked his imagination is and hey gave us an insight to his wish to be a daddy ;)

The numbers of the book sales came in; I was so surprised at how low TyO & Pewds numbers were; made me realised how dedicated D&P's fans are. It also made me think D&P may have lots of silent viewers who are not just teenagers and who have the buying capability.
http://superfame.com/post/pewdiepie-tyl ... es-charts/
Credit:amazingfiru

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Pistachiyo »

internettakeover wrote:
missemma wrote:
Hahah I personally didn't enjoy the ISG that much when I saw it because it was too long and I got bored with his answers, but tbf to him I saw it pretty early on in the tour and I'm sure now he's got quite good at it. I'll be interested to see in Brighton if his answers have improved.
Loving his reply to the couple though and to being a furry, Dan threesome confirmed or what? I wonder what the girls boyfriend thought to his answer, good on Dan for not giving boring replies, bet that got people talking, nice to see him not censor himself for a change.

Also, that pop up book of NC-17 art, they did that in Sheffield so I assume is the way they end the Tumblr part in every venue.

I liked the new video, it was a fun concept to combine the actual game with cards from Cards Against Humanity. I was amused that Dan wasn't actually named in the video itself! I wonder if we might get three gaming videos and then a video on Dan and Phil's own channels for spooky week? (though Dan might have uploaded too recently for that...) I'd be happy with that, though five gaming videos would have been better.
haru wrote:oh, and demon dan is love, reminded me of damien the hell demon
oh man, I'd almost forgotten about that! wish he'd done the 'Damien' voice the whole video, or an actual reference back to that would have been fun! and with both: wish we could have seen his facial expression at certain moments.
I forgot your DP photo existed. He's too cute in it <3

MonkeyBear
Learner
Learner

Post by MonkeyBear »

(i'm pretty sure that phandom crashed the GG server. people came to see are we dragging cat :D )

i'm surprised, the video with cat was actually hilarious! imo the best one from AP this year, they all were so natural. as much as i love to watch dan's precious face maybe he should wear the mask more often? he was relaxed for once and his humour was on point. surprisingly, cat wasn't boring at all, she was cute and look really pretty. but phil, oh my god, phil. the boy was hilarious. i adore his crazy mind and sense of humour. i almost forgot how funny he can be. also, i realised that i've never seen him loosing at paper-rock-scissors, he always wins. well, he's a lucky boy in general ;)

i have nothing to say about the rest of recent videos. boring and predictable like most of them these days. but the fact that they managed to upload so many lately is quiet shocking! anyway, i hope that dan will end up on phil's lap till the end of spooky week 8-)
ImageImage

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

Spooky Week's got me feeling nostalgic, because last spooky week rolled around when I was just getting into them. It almost feels like they care about the gaming channel again. Image

Also, the fact that I was so amused by a video starring Gnatrific is slightly worrying. I was actually crying laughing at some parts, which I think mostly had to do with the Dan's typical mannerisms coupled with the stoical shitty mask; it just looked ridiculous.

That fucking shoulder fist thing Dan has started doing all of a sudden confuses me. It doesn't look as stiff as the shoulder pats he was forcing himself to do months ago. What gets me is that the shoulder-fisting (as a thing) sort of sprung out of nowhere, which leads me to believe it's premeditated on his part. But liiike.... why tho? Is it supposed to reinforce their bropalhomieroomiedude image?

daichii
Informer
Informer

Post by daichii »

I loved the vid on Phil's channel and was def surprised by the fact we got two vids today

I liked how some people said we would never see cards against humanity on AP tho xD I really enjoyed how they combined the two things and as always is so amusing to hear Phil come up with crazy stories. And yay it wasn't baking with Cat :D
She was actually ok on the vid!

As for the gaming vid, I enjoyed the lack of personal space but sally and sony.exe are so lame :/ Though Dan can compensate a lame game with being all over Phil anytime Image
:love2: Image :love2:

MonkeyBear
Learner
Learner

Post by MonkeyBear »

manged wrote: That fucking shoulder fist thing Dan has started doing all of a sudden confuses me. It doesn't look as stiff as the shoulder pats he was forcing himself to do months ago. What gets me is that the shoulder-fisting (as a thing) sort of sprung out of nowhere, which leads me to believe it's premeditated on his part. But liiike.... why tho? Is it supposed to reinforce their bropalhomieroomiedude image?
do you mean in the sonic video? i think he clenches his fists in general when he's nervous. horror game could make him stressed and excited in the same time, maybe that's why it looked that way. he didn't seem to be focus on no homo this time, he was quiet clingy actually! but who knows? if they make the bro thing a thing then my heart will break. :(

i love the body language but it's not always easy to read it. for example, can you see that eyelid twitch when his eyes met with phil?
he clearly wanted phil to look at him but it took him the effort to not close his eyes/take them away. or maybe it's just me? idk, i find it interesting.
also dan started to make that face lately and every time i see it i'm melting he's so cute god bless
ImageImage

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

MonkeyBear wrote:
manged wrote: That fucking shoulder fist thing Dan has started doing all of a sudden confuses me. It doesn't look as stiff as the shoulder pats he was forcing himself to do months ago. What gets me is that the shoulder-fisting (as a thing) sort of sprung out of nowhere, which leads me to believe it's premeditated on his part. But liiike.... why tho? Is it supposed to reinforce their bropalhomieroomiedude image?
do you mean in the sonic video? i think he clenches his fists in general when he's nervous. horror game could make him stressed and excited in the same time, maybe that's why it looked that way. he didn't seem to be focus on no homo this time, he was quiet clingy actually! but who knows? if they make the bro thing a thing then my heart will break. :(
I think you're right about the fist clenching in general. It was his automatic reaction when the balloon popped in the dil video. However, it's the entire tapping Phil's shoulder with fist gesture that I find peculiar. It's something he's done just recently in previous videos, and in their joint live show I think, so it isn't only exclusive to horror videos. And like I said, it wasn't something Dan did very often before, so something must have prompted the fists.

Return to “Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil”