MelSoldera

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

MelSoldera

Post by ItsAndrew »

I was searching through luxury channels and whatnot and eventually came across this YouTuber who I found to be quite pretty. I watched a few videos and she seems nice but I feel like she may not be really as she appears.

What do you all think of her? I am genuinely curious to read your opinions on her!

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MelSoldera

drogers4205

Re: MelSoldera

Post by drogers4205 »

I just ran across her channel today. She seems nice enough, but something does seem a little off. I'm not sure how old she is, but she mentioned that she had this LV Pochette handbag since she was 16/17 and that that was like 20 years ago. That would make her in her late 30's. If that is the case then she's look great! However, I think she's a little pretentious and something is not quite right here.

Champagne4Breakfast
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Champagne4Breakfast »

I know this is the Trash section, but I really like her. She has said she's early 30s...32 I think? I think she gives great style advice and has great style. She has said she's very loud and assertive, so I think that is why she is coming off to you as "something off." She owns her own company, her husband owns his own company, they own real estate together (to rent out I assume) and she still has time to upload videos and blog (and seems to have a fulfilled and happy social life), so I really respect her as a working woman.

1loveyoutube
Learner
Learner

Post by 1loveyoutube »

i used to like her videos, especially her vlogs ... until she started raving about hrh costume jewelry... that bag chain is especially bad. makes her luxury bag looks cheap and she claims it looks good. guess she doesn't have taste the way she thinks she does. the those hrh choker and lariat... so cheap....

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

I find her unreliable giving bag reviews. She raves about it just so she sells it a few months later. Other than that, her husband looks very creepy too :x :|

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

Mel just had a birthday. She's 33, if I remember correctly. She also had a miscarriage a few months ago. Not sure if she and the husband are still trying.

I like Mel. Youtube is a hobby and not her "job" so I appreciate that. I don't like how she raves about Alex's jewelry. Girl is being HAD!

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

lenathediva wrote:Mel just had a birthday. She's 33, if I remember correctly. She also had a miscarriage a few months ago. Not sure if she and the husband are still trying.

I like Mel. Youtube is a hobby and not her "job" so I appreciate that. I don't like how she raves about Alex's jewelry. Girl is being HAD!
Oh wow, how did you know about the miscarriage? did she mention it anywhere?

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

smashthebox wrote:
lenathediva wrote:Mel just had a birthday. She's 33, if I remember correctly. She also had a miscarriage a few months ago. Not sure if she and the husband are still trying.

Oh wow, how did you know about the miscarriage? did she mention it anywhere?
It was in a Q&A. I think it was in January.

colette
Debater
Debater

Post by colette »

Love her. I think she's actually the one YTer that has made me obsessed w watching vids now! She's just so pleasing to watch, seems super honest, nice, upfront. Love her style and as a early 30s person w no kids, totally identify w her lifestyle hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starbursts500
Talker
Talker

Post by Starbursts500 »

I've watched a few of her videos on and off and thought she was alright. But I watched the Luxury Handbag tag recently and one thing she said kind of rubbed me the wrong way... She was explaining how she get her Birkin just before her birthday, and she said she'll always remember that birthday because she told everyone to returner her birthday presents and contribute to her Birkin.
I thought that sounded entitled and ungrateful. People spend time and effort to choose something she'd like, but she basically told them no thanks give me some money.
Also asking people for money is a bit tacky in my opinion, seems a bit greedy and unappreciative of any thoughtfulness on the other person's part. Also it can put people in an awarkward situation... if they can't afford the cash but could have gotten a really thoughtful present.

Post by Guest »

She seems like a cunt.

Lucille Bluth
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucille Bluth »

She's too much of basic brand whore and likes to display her wealth (or appearance of such). She also turned me off posting crop top pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #15weekspostpartum. I can't stand people that fish that desperately. Especially when they are too stupid to realize how obvious they look.

loopy
Learner
Learner

Post by loopy »

I find her really grating and usually end up clicking off. Something about how every video is "coming at you today", I find deeply cringey.

Post by Guest »

Lucille Bluth wrote:She's too much of basic brand whore and likes to display her wealth (or appearance of such). She also turned me off posting crop top pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #15weekspostpartum. I can't stand people that fish that desperately. Especially when they are too stupid to realize how obvious they look.
Ugh yes. And for someone who "works in fashion," her look is so underwhelming. The strikes me as one of those girls who likes to (or used to) go to clubs and get dressed up and thinks that makes her fashionable. She has two looks: bandage dress and heels clubbing look, or big t-shirt and leggings and a ridiculous top knot "model off duty look." Her style really is laughable.

_blush_
Learner
Learner

Post by _blush_ »

I used to LOVE Mel, but the more videos I watch of hers, the more I get shocked at how condescending she can come off.

Post by Guest »

I used to like this person, too. Then the more I watched, I started to get the impression that she is very spoiled and a bit immature. I was surprised when I found out she is actually older than I am; for the way she acts I thought she was at least 5 years younger.

I don't get the vibe that she's a mean person or anything but...yeah.

NillaCupcake
Informer
Informer

Post by NillaCupcake »

I used to love her but as time went on she became so annoying and the way she comes off sometimes is so snobby. Someone commented on one of her recent photos of her daughter and said how her hair was red and she was quick to respond with it's not red it's a strawberry blonde... that child's hair is clearly ginger but she swears otherwise.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

She swears the child’s hair is blonde or strawberry blonde. Woman, we have eyes we can see the color
of her child’s hair. It is ginger. Why don’t parents love their children as they are? It’s stupid. :mock: :lol!:

Post by Guest »

Geez, Mel. Your kid has RED HAIR. She's not blonde, nor is she strawberry blonde. Big deal. She is cute.

I can see her coloring that poor child's hair at an early age.

Naughty sausage
Talker
Talker

Post by Naughty sausage »

She used to be my super favourite YouTuber and I loved her sense of style couple of years ago but in the last year she has become so dull and boring. All those hideous vintage bags and cheap noname bags and akward outfits. No. I just can't watch her videos anymore.

Return to “K-O”