Laura Shitale/Size 2 Beige Thief - Part 4

Lets talk
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Laura Shitale/Size 2 Beige Thief - Part 4

Post by Lets talk »

And here she goes again spouting lies. At about one min into her new video, she claims that she came up with the chicken parm zucchini recipe. Lying sack if shit. The recipe is all over Youtube. My mom even made these when I was a kid.

pepperpot
Learner
Learner

Post by pepperpot »

She finally had the baby. Mia Valentina Vitale..https://www.facebook.com/laura.vitale.3576

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

Oh poor child...

a33QyUy7
Debater
Debater

Post by a33QyUy7 »

She's a cute baby.

jurreecook
Stalker
Stalker

Post by jurreecook »

Newbie here--hello everyone!

I had to post because I am over the moon to finally know that I'm not the only one in this world who thinks Laura Vitale is a complete moron. I can't believe this totally incompetent human being has her own cooking show! Her recipes are crap, and she has ZERO culinary knowledge. I literally barf every time I see her cook. Has anyone seen her french macarons video? It is the cringiest thing ever. She might as well titled it "How NOT to Make French Macarons." A five year old could have piped the mounds better than she did. I think all of her finished macarons had cracks on top. How does one even do that?? UGH.

As a cook, I understand that YouTube cooking hosts are not culinary professionals (except Chef John of Food Wishes--he's awesome! He was a culinary instructor if I'm not mistaken). And that's probably okay since the audience will always be mostly people who are just cooking at home or even just beginning to learn how to put something together. The "entertainment" component is significant. I totally get it. But when I see people like Laura Vitale, it seriously bothers me. I worry that so many people will adopt her faulty skills and learn to cook like her. There is something sacred and beautiful about the art of cooking--she completely ignores that part by preaching sugar and fat. It's disgraceful.

ItsLaura
Debater
Debater

Post by ItsLaura »

They finally updated their website. It looks better but do these people know what proofreading is? This is part of her directions for an eclair cake-

2) cover the bottom of a 9x13” dish with one layer of graham crackers then spread half of the pudding mix over them followed by the remaining pudding and finally one finally layer of the graham crackers.

Seriously? And this lady wrote a cookbook?

ThrustingTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThrustingTaquito »

jurreecook wrote:Newbie here--hello everyone!

I had to post because I am over the moon to finally know that I'm not the only one in this world who thinks Laura Vitale is a complete moron. I can't believe this totally incompetent human being has her own cooking show! Her recipes are crap, and she has ZERO culinary knowledge. I literally barf every time I see her cook. Has anyone seen her french macarons video? It is the cringiest thing ever. She might as well titled it "How NOT to Make French Macarons." A five year old could have piped the mounds better than she did. I think all of her finished macarons had cracks on top. How does one even do that?? UGH.

As a cook, I understand that YouTube cooking hosts are not culinary professionals (except Chef John of Food Wishes--he's awesome! He was a culinary instructor if I'm not mistaken). And that's probably okay since the audience will always be mostly people who are just cooking at home or even just beginning to learn how to put something together. The "entertainment" component is significant. I totally get it. But when I see people like Laura Vitale, it seriously bothers me. I worry that so many people will adopt her faulty skills and learn to cook like her. There is something sacred and beautiful about the art of cooking--she completely ignores that part by preaching sugar and fat. It's disgraceful.

:wel: I enjoyed your post. sorry that this thread is so quiet! So many of us agree with you and find her lack of skills cringe-worthy. Along with her attitude probs. Also, check out her stolen recipe threads.
PTTD
The flashbacks are real. We can help.

Post Traumatic Taquito Disorder/ Bush Sighting Reflux

wendy_wong
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wendy_wong »

ThrustingTaquito wrote:
jurreecook wrote:Newbie here--hello everyone!

:wel: I enjoyed your post. sorry that this thread is so quiet! So many of us agree with you and find her lack of skills cringe-worthy. Along with her attitude probs. Also, check out her stolen recipe threads.
Yeah ever since they shut down the vlogs. Those were fun to snark on hehe

ThrustingTaquito
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ThrustingTaquito »

^^ So true, Wendy! ;)
PTTD
The flashbacks are real. We can help.

Post Traumatic Taquito Disorder/ Bush Sighting Reflux

ChocoboChocolate
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by ChocoboChocolate »

Man, I remember watching her videos and still thinking she was full of shit years ago. Her recipes were meh.

penelope90
Debater
Debater

Post by penelope90 »

Her IG strategy is *so* transparent. She films something for her youtube channel, takes a photo of it, and then posts that photo to her IG pretending like she just made it for dinner (or lunch or whatever) that night and if her minions request it: she'd be "happy to recreate it" on her channel. When in fac, she has already filmed it and is just trying to create false buzz to make it appear that she listens to her followers before the scheduled video drops. It's so absurd and I'm just so over it. I can't believe her "fans" are comfortable with such a thoughtless marketing strategy.

At least put some effort into it. But considering how long it took for them to give their website a facelift, I won't hold my breath.

oliviaa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by oliviaa »

EDITED FOR NUMEROUS VIOLATIONS.

unacme123429
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by unacme123429 »

oliviaa wrote:I know that everyone here hates Laura but i feel the need to say something. We are living in an unfair world where some people get more than they deserve and some way less than they should. I know that and i accept it.
I see people like Laura, Zoella, Alfie, Tanya, Joey Graceffa and sooooo many others getting everything they ever wanted and more...Do i feel jealous? Yes but not the kind of jealous that starts spreading their hate all over the internet. Jealous like "oooh i wish i had that too" but yay good for them. They did something in their life (original or not) and they succeeded. Why do we have to talk so bad for someone just to make ourselves feel good?
I watch Laura almost since the beginning and i really like her. Her recipes aren't original? I don't know maybe...but i don't care. she has a beautiful and easy way of showing us the recipes and i love her for that.
How many famous chefs do you know that are the kind of original you mean? And do they all have degrees? Do you really need that piece of paper to call yourself a chef? What if someone learnt everything for a very well known chef but just didn't have the money and time to get the "degree". Then what? He/She is a nobody?!
You have showed so much hate for Laura and Joe. Even for the fact that she was pregnant and she was enjoying it!!! Shame on you... We can't even imagine what they might have been through...we don't know and we probably never will. It's personal and just because someone is famous or uploads videos on YouTube doesn't mean they have agreed that every single detail of their life must be shared with the fans. Nobody loses that right. Anyway i just couldn't stand the hate over here. And yes i have bought her book and i love it! And still watch her videos.

P.s: It's not bad doing something you love even if you are not certified...Nobody is perfect :tu:
Alright so look. We live in a unfair world where the creators of those real recipes aren't being credited and Laura takes the credit and people still defend her. Its a tragedy really. I seen in many forums here that people have stated that no one would really mind if Laura's recipes aren't original as long as she credits the people she got inspired by or where she saw a "similar" recipe. You gonna tell me its okay if they steal and got successful off stealing that its okay? I ain't trying to sound so mean but you just shamed me so I'm trying to really truly understand why. Because lmao. Look I know a true chef. My mom. She was ACTUALLY licensed by the state because if you are a cook in our state I don't know if other states are the same. You have to be licensed. My mom doesn't even know how to work a computer. Her cooking is 100% original. Was she famous? No. Was she great? Yes no one could take that away from her. You don't get degrees for cooking; you can go to school for it but my mom learned everything by taste. You want to know what a true chef is? Famous or not? It's their creativity. Literally my mom told me if I ever want to be as good as a cook like her, to not be afraid to just create. My mom has made amazing dishes with just mixing up herbs that taste good together and all kind of stuff. Sadly her job worked her to death that she is disabled and can no longer cook. It was truly heart breaking. So when I see people like Laura "steal' from other creators. Oh Imma be pissed and mad. Because my mom would wake up at 4 am to open the restaurant to defrost the vegetables, the meats and make giant pots of soups for that day. Like you said "We can't even imagine what they might have been though" You don't know if that person who created that recipe is struggling or busted their butt in the kitchen taste testing and when they post that recipe, only for it to be stolen. Oh if my sweet old mom posted her recipes online and it was stolen by someone. I would throw hands and sue. You can't defend someone like that. I mean I personally know a chef's true life. I would never want to be a chef, its a terrible job next to a burning stove all day and you come home with burns and cuts. Nope not for me. But anyways. Youtube and social media is a cruel place, when someone makes a video or posts a picture or anything. THey should know people are gonna ask and pick into their personal lives. Whether its innocent followers who are just curious or harsh people. That life and if Laura can't handle the heat then she should get out of the kitchen. Lots of people here dislike Laura & Joe because we were all once fans. I used to watch their vlogs & HATED how Joe treated his friends or family. He treats Mike horrible and someone here once pointed out that Joe would flash the camera into someone's face when they asked repeatedly not to be shown on their vlogs. So yea I'm not going to defend that behavior. Laura shamed her little sister in the japanese cheesecake video for eating too fast when she does the same thing! Oh no I can't. I could never shame my brother in front of millions of people like that. In our house ? Sure because its just me & him but on youtube? Seriously? She looked so shocked and her cheeks flushed. I felt so bad.
Bottom line is. People here have reasons to dislike Laura & Joe. Some may be extra but not everyone. Literally what they are doing isn't right and you can turn a blind eye to it. But others won't and will point it out.
Im sorry if I came off harsh but what they are doing isn't fair at all.

TechnicolorLips
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TechnicolorLips »

oliviaa wrote:I know that everyone here hates Laura but i feel the need to say something. We are living in an unfair world where some people get more than they deserve and some way less than they should. I know that and i accept it.
I see people like Laura, Zoella, Alfie, Tanya, Joey Graceffa and sooooo many others getting everything they ever wanted and more...Do i feel jealous? Yes but not the kind of jealous that starts spreading their hate all over the internet. Jealous like "oooh i wish i had that too" but yay good for them. They did something in their life (original or not) and they succeeded. Why do we have to talk so bad for someone just to make ourselves feel good?
I watch Laura almost since the beginning and i really like her. Her recipes aren't original? I don't know maybe...but i don't care. she has a beautiful and easy way of showing us the recipes and i love her for that.
How many famous chefs do you know that are the kind of original you mean? And do they all have degrees? Do you really need that piece of paper to call yourself a chef? What if someone learnt everything for a very well known chef but just didn't have the money and time to get the "degree". Then what? He/She is a nobody?!
You have showed so much hate for Laura and Joe. Even for the fact that she was pregnant and she was enjoying it!!! Shame on you... We can't even imagine what they might have been through...we don't know and we probably never will. It's personal and just because someone is famous or uploads videos on YouTube doesn't mean they have agreed that every single detail of their life must be shared with the fans. Nobody loses that right. Anyway i just couldn't stand the hate over here. And yes i have bought her book and i love it! And still watch her videos.

P.s: It's not bad doing something you love even if you are not certified...Nobody is perfect :tu:
:rofl: Yeah okay Laura :roll: You can leave now :tu:
PMS should just be called ovary-acting. <3 :D

real talk
Talker
Talker

Post by real talk »

Nobody cares that Laura doesn't have a degree. We are disgusted that she almost completely copies recipes without giving credit to the creators. The fact that she we caught her in numerous lies about her personal life is just laughable. The combination of these things shows how little integrity she has.

oliviaa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by oliviaa »

Learn the definition of a trash thread and quit attacking members for their opinions. They're following the rules, you however, are not. Go to the rave section if you want less "hate". Criticisms and opinions are not actual hate. You should have read the rules before registering, please read them now and follow them, otherwise you will be banned.

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Not gonna lie. I miss the vlogs. I'd love to see what the they're up to. I haven't been to this thread in a long time. WOW I missed some posting. I don't hate Laura. I cringe because she hasn't proven to be as real as she wants to say she is. Kinda late but who watched the live feed she did with her dad a few weeks ago?
.......meow.......

prettyjay
Talker
Talker

Post by prettyjay »

:o :?

Yikes. I would have never thought a cooking channel could inspire so much discussion! Never watched her videos but recognize the name because there was a span of time where amazon would constantly recommend this woman's cookbook to me! Still ended up skipping over it even when it was on promo for I think 3 or 4 bucks... I guess my gut was right!

xxnjlove
Informer
Informer

Post by xxnjlove »

why is her thread dead?

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

^Because there's nothing to discuss?
.......meow.......

Return to “Laura Vitale”