Minks4All

drogers4205

Re: Minks4All

Post by drogers4205 »

Soooo. Minks is handing out advice on keeping up with the Joneses. Ironic....I honestly don't think not 1 of these youtubers can give HONEST advice here. It's all about getting what the next person has and then trying to get the next "it" bag before another youtuber gets it and reviews it.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:Soooo. Minks is handing out advice on keeping up with the Joneses. Ironic....I honestly don't think not 1 of these youtubers can give HONEST advice here. It's all about getting what the next person has and then trying to get the next "it" bag before another youtuber gets it and reviews it.
I agree. I don’t know if her conscious motive these days is keep up with other YouTubers, but she clearly has a shopping addiction that doesn’t bother her.

All of these YouTubers influence each other. Their consumerism makes me ill. They get on YouTube and Instagram to show off their goods, find community with other narcissistic shopaholics and try to gain a fan base. Minks is definitely one of them.

Post by Guest »

I didn’t realize she bought two more Polene bags. She just bought the mini Numero Un not too long ago. :?

And no offense, but I can’t see her as the type that would use that clutch she just got.

I know those bags are decently made and less expensive than LV or Chanel but still, they’re pricey and not necessary. I would have waited a few more months before deciding on getting those other bags. Especially since they’re such a niche brand, no one is going to buy them if she decides to sell them so it’s extra money lost.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I hear ya. How many times has she said in previous videos that she doesn't buy this or that bag because the potential resell value? I'm not familiar with the brand, but I recall her also saying she just couldn't bring herself to buy contemporary brands even though she had no problem with it.

It's once again just buying something because someone on IG or YT has it and not because you really like or want the item yourself. Even if it's not their style they'll purchase it because again, they think it will be the next "it" bag and they want to have it themselves.

Notice that a LOT of the YouTubers have started to ease back on the number of bags they purchase now? They're still buying, but instead of a new luxury bag every 2 weeks it's now down to these less expensive bags and SLG's.

I've said it before, there are very few of them that can afford to purchase like this. Yeah....they may have credit card, but I'm not talking about charging. I could literally be out here charging a LV or Chanel every......single.....month if I didn't care about my credit card debt. It appears that the only one who is still consuming with no end in site is LVLoverCC, but she's got her husbands Doctor's money.

Heck...look at LeoLion who appears to have a great job. She's got a dang mini LV store in her background, but she has slowed up a great deal. She ran into 2018 on a Chanel binge and I know those CC's are up there. She even said she got a few of her Chanel bags because Neiman Marcus (or the likes was having a point perk. That's a stupid reason to plunk down $5K or more on a bag just to get a gift card worth the value of some perfume.

There are few luxury Chanel are really and truly about that life. They out here faking for the gram at astronomical levels to prove what?

Don't even get me started on these truly Basic heffa's ahem *Jerusha*ahem

Post by Guest »

I know in the latest MMQA Minks hinted at getting in serious debt in her early 20s but learned from that mistake...while I think she's nice and mostly honest, I have a difficult time believing her when she said that.

Also, I never was under the impression that any of these YouTubers were rich, except for maybe Leo and LVloverCC...and even then I don't think they're old money or super wealthy. Which makes me wonder...do any of these women pay in cash or do they just make monthly payments??? I've always emphasized that I'm not rich, but I pay everything in cash, including my Chanel flap I bought last year. I can kinda see paying off a card within 6 months, but somehow I get the impression that many of these women are forever stuck paying a balance and they're fine with it.

I liked the Polene bag, but honestly, I thought it was really odd that Minks would give that brand the time of day, but like you said, it's probably because it's gaining traction in the Insta/Purse community. I only knew of the brand because someone started a thread on tpf and I don't think anyone really knew of it until Megs of Purseblog raved about it.

BTW, this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, but I don't know why these ladies keep buying SLGs like they're cheap trinkets. Yes, they might be more "cost-effective" than buying a purse, but they're still $300-$1100 a pop, depending on what you get and which fashion house it's from. I waited a full year to buy a Chanel wallet, not because I couldn't afford it but because it was expensive and I wanted to make sure I'd use it.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I agree on the SLG's. Have you watched any of the SLG collection videos? Some of them will have like 6 wallets, 7 card cases, 4 coin pouches and other small items. I mean come on. Who the heck is changing out their wallet so much that they require 6 of them. I could see having an SLG of varying sizes etc., but come on sis. How many card cases do you really need when they all serve the exact same purposes.

It's crazy.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:I agree on the SLG's. Have you watched any of the SLG collection videos? Some of them will have like 6 wallets, 7 card cases, 4 coin pouches and other small items. I mean come on. Who the heck is changing out their wallet so much that they require 6 of them. I could see having an SLG of varying sizes etc., but come on sis. How many card cases do you really need when they all serve the exact same purposes.

It's crazy.
Yes, I've seen them and I have to click out of them because I roll my eyes hard on seeing all those wallets, card cases, pouches, etc...they're just a huge waste of money. Especially cosmetic bags. Those things will get dirty eventually; you're just better off using a cheap makeup pouch they give for free at the department store when you buy a makeup kit. I can *kinda* see using a Chanel O-case as a dual lipstick pouch/money wallet, but you know all of these "luxe" YouTubers don't do that.

I know a few of them have argued that having multiple wallets will keep them from wearing out, and I just want to shake their shoulders because they're completely missing the point of these wallets!!! The whole point of having a luxury wallet is because they're a step above some of the crappier wallets and it will last forever.

I do agree that I can see having an SLG of varying sizes in case you have to switch into smaller/larger purses (I have a full sized LV wallet and a card case for that reason) but that's it.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

adel220 wrote:I know in the latest MMQA Minks hinted at getting in serious debt in her early 20s but learned from that mistake...while I think she's nice and mostly honest, I have a difficult time believing her when she said that.

BTW, this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine, but I don't know why these ladies keep buying SLGs like they're cheap trinkets. Yes, they might be more "cost-effective" than buying a purse, but they're still $300-$1100 a pop, depending on what you get and which fashion house it's from. I waited a full year to buy a Chanel wallet, not because I couldn't afford it but because it was expensive and I wanted to make sure I'd use it.
When she said, "I'm not going to lie", I thought she was going to tell everyone she was living in a trailer home and that was how she was able to buy all of those lux items. Not sure what I was thinking :) Can't be admitting that to the general public when you have purchased well over $100K in luxury goods.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Someone finally created a "Trash" thread for Minks.

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=34199

~D

Queenofsass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Queenofsass »

drogers4205 wrote:Someone finally created a "Trash" thread for Minks.

viewtopic.php?f=166&t=34199

~D
All this time I thought this was it.

smarshall530
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by smarshall530 »

I think she and her husband moved. It's bizarre because she shows less and less of her room. I think her new address is in Murrieta, CA.

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

Yes, they seem to have moved. I’m wondering if she’s working a full time job now due to the fact that they spent $400k on the new one.

Post by Guest »

YouTuberr wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:15 pm
Yes, they seem to have moved. I’m wondering if she’s working a full time job now due to the fact that they spent $400k on the new one.
Well let’s hope so, because hello — priorities, why should her budget for excessive spending on shoes and purses have to suffer just because they bought a house instead of living in a steel cut trailer?? :rofl:

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer

Post by YouTuberr »

I’d take the small, but nicer home over the trailer and Lux goods any day!

Post by Guest »

YouTuberr wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:07 pm
I’d take the small, but nicer home over the trailer and Lux goods any day!
Lol, me too! Most people who spend 400 or 500k on a house don’t spend what she spends on shoes and bags/slg’s because it doesnt make financial sense, even without kids to raise.

gossip_guy
Learner
Learner

Post by gossip_guy »

drogers4205 wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:07 am
Luxe_1989 wrote:Longtime lurker, first time commenter. I had to sign up to join in on the fun. I can't stand her, all the constant giggling and laughing! It drives me crazy! I don't care where she lives, I highly doubt it's there. I remember her saying they had a rental property, but regardless I don't care. I'm more interested in her "weight loss" I mean seriously, 50+ in less than a year?!? I call bullshit! I know a "weight loss surgery" when I see one! Ummm am I alone here?!?

She has several recent photos on her IG with her posing in front of the garage door. If you zoom in you'll see those exact garage doors. I'm trying to upload a photo of the front of the garage, but I'm not used to uploading pics on GG.

There is a trailer parked in front of the house that has that exact same garage door.
Actually the photos she posts in front of the garage door are from a property that she bought in july 2018. She sold the trailer home around the same time. Im guessing that they finally saved up enough money to move to a real house. photos are on redfin. not that hard to find if you google her name.

layrod_
Informer
Informer

Post by layrod_ »

I know that there are people out there who have a ton of money to blow on lux stuff, but I always wondered HOWWWWW???? Not only Minks, but theres luxmommy an shea whitney who also shop like 3 times a week and get like two new handbags a month on top of having a husband and 2 kids. Like I get you work fulltime plus do youtube BUT HOW THE FUCK ARE U SO RICH?? LMAO And I also get that a lot of people have a shit ton of credit cards but it just really blows my mind how people comfortably spend like 3-5k a month just on shopping not including taking care of themselves, husbands, and kids and other bills..

Rockcandy5150
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rockcandy5150 »

layrod_ wrote:I know that there are people out there who have a ton of money to blow on lux stuff, but I always wondered HOWWWWW???? Not only Minks, but theres luxmommy an shea whitney who also shop like 3 times a week and get like two new handbags a month on top of having a husband and 2 kids. Like I get you work fulltime plus do youtube BUT HOW THE FUCK ARE U SO RICH?? LMAO And I also get that a lot of people have a shit ton of credit cards but it just really blows my mind how people comfortably spend like 3-5k a month just on shopping not including taking care of themselves, husbands, and kids and other bills..
I’m pretty sure luxmommy’s husband is the real breadwinner. She’s said before that she didn’t finish college (not that that means anything) and that she worked her way up in retail I believe. Idk much about Shea, her 10 things/5ways/10 best blah blah blah annoyed me. But she seemed like one who would rack up serious debt for content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

layrod_ wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:56 am
I know that there are people out there who have a ton of money to blow on lux stuff, but I always wondered HOWWWWW???? Not only Minks, but theres luxmommy an shea whitney who also shop like 3 times a week and get like two new handbags a month on top of having a husband and 2 kids. Like I get you work fulltime plus do youtube BUT HOW THE FUCK ARE U SO RICH?? LMAO And I also get that a lot of people have a shit ton of credit cards but it just really blows my mind how people comfortably spend like 3-5k a month just on shopping not including taking care of themselves, husbands, and kids and other bills..
There are two sides to this: one side are the ones who are in debt or living from paycheck to paycheck, and the other side relies on husbands who are well educated, come from money, or own a business. I don't think any of them, at least the more popular ones, are "self-made" to truly answer how they are "rich". I personally wouldn't recommend any of their ways for getting rich or being able to afford luxury items unless you want to be in debt or be a gold-digger.

pj_uk
Learner
Learner

Post by pj_uk »

layrod_ wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:56 am

What does luxmommy do for a living? Does Minks still have her preowned bag site? I don’t understand what her job is. But yeah Shea’s main income is YouTube. You finally admitted working part time on her recent q&a video. I mean if you pulling in money from YouTube why not? According to socialblade its alot!

Return to “Minks4All”