Minks4All

drogers4205

Re: Minks4All

Post by drogers4205 »

YouTuberr wrote:Her hair looks so much better in the most recent pic, the Salon trip did her well! It looks like she photo shopped her bottom half though, there is some kind of odd glow/blur coming off her.
If you're referring to the most recent photo on instragram, I'm gonna have to disagree :). It looks like she's wearing a hair helmet.

They must be playing with filters or camera angles or something because the photos is very off. She's looking at LEAST 40 in the face or she's drunk in this picture. :) She's a pretty girl and usually takes cute pictures, but this is one that should have been tossed.

Just my 2 cents.

YouTuberr
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Post by YouTuberr »

I’ll give you this after looking at it again...She could use some long layers in it. :D

Post by Guest »

Thankfully she's not wearing short shorts in this pic. Finally. I actually like the capris/cropped pants on her, photoshopped or not.

Funny I was actually walking to get some food on my lunch break and I saw short shorts from the corner of my eye. I turned and saw it was a college-aged girl with her mom. I'm telling you, no woman older than 23 wears short shorts here, at least as far as I can see. :?

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Looks like she attempted some highlights with her hair in the recent video. Not a fan of them and I also don't care for the style. Nice that she attempted something different, but I don't think it's a flattering look. Hair looks a little fried.

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

I know its been said before but she reallllyy does have a spending addiction. Those two little things from LV were just so pointless. I love my bags ect but i dont know how she talks so much and gets so excited over SLGs :?

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Her "excitement" is all for the cameras. No way is someone that happy for something so small.

I see she's purchased another pair of plastic Valentino flip-flops and a couple pairs of Gucci shoes. The sparkly sneakers are ugly-cute, but look very long on her feet. The Gucci mules/loafers are hideous. My grandmother would give me a major side eye if she were to see me in such orthopedic-geriatric looking shoes.

Post by Guest »

LOL, I actually liked the Brixtons! :lol: To each her own, I know they’re not for everyone. I definitely would never pay $800 for them, which is their retail cost. I still dislike anything Valentino, but everyone else loves them so I guess I’m the odd one. Anyway, I find it strange that Minks bought the Guccis because they’re not really a style she usually goes for. The only thing I cringe at is the idea that she is going to pair them with her short shorts... :?

See, I’d never pay $800 for a pair of shoes, but yet here she is spending that much and yet doesn’t do anything with her clothes. That makes no sense to me!

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

Oh god :roll: another valentino flip flop ... she is so predictable and boring. What a waste of money :roll: so tacky

She is probably going on the same direction as her friend Jerusha. They started to see a lot of people buying Gucci, so they had to go and buy as well. They have no style or personality instead they like to copy others.

By the way those highlights that she has on her hair looks horrible and cheap. As if she had gone into a crap hairdresser.

notsosilly10
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by notsosilly10 »

What's the point o having expensive shoes and bags, be a hoarder like she is but when it comes down to her clothes, her hair, her face she is as cheap as she can be :roll:

Post by Guest »

I agree, I'm not sure Minks would know how to style the horsebit loafers. To me the Brixtons and mules go with an androgynous outfit or an office look. Given that Minnie doesn't dress in either, I don't know why she bought them other than they're Gucci and they're popular right now. Otherwise I don't really see women who wear them in short shorts or leggings on the regular...

There are a lot of shoe dupes that cost a lot less that she could have bought. If it were me, I'd rather get those first before spending hundreds on the name brand, just so I know what I'd style them with.

BTW, I say this out of niceness than snarkiness. Minnie, please invest in a capsule wardrobe!!!

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Looks like she's gained a few more pounds lately. Maybe stress weight from selling the house?

I took a look on her IG and there's a photo of her standing in front of her garage with a black coat on. It appears as if the pic was posted 1 day ago, but I could have sworn I've seen that photo posted a while ago. Am I imagining this? I don't follow her on IG so I'm not up to speed on what she posts.

lowkeylaurie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lowkeylaurie »

drogers4205 wrote:Looks like she's gained a few more pounds lately. Maybe stress weight from selling the house?

I took a look on her IG and there's a photo of her standing in front of her garage with a black coat on. It appears as if the pic was posted 1 day ago, but I could have sworn I've seen that photo posted a while ago. Am I imagining this? I don't follow her on IG so I'm not up to speed on what she posts.
Nope you're not imagining it, I follow her on IG and she's posted that photo or something similar before. A TBT because she's gained some weight back, I guess.

neonpink
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by neonpink »

Is she serious with MORE of those tacky Valentino flip flops? I love how she justifies it by saying they were on sale and how she can wear them all the time. They're $300+ plastic jelly shoes. Yikes. What a waste of money.

Also it was super cringeworthy to me how she got her "slogan" on that gold LV luggage tag.

Post by Guest »

Amazon sells Valentino flip flop dupes for $19.99 and $49.99. :rofl:

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

From LV and Chanel to some "designer" that no one has heard of. What the heck is a Polene. I'd rather have Coach. At least they have been around for decades and their leathers (not outlet) and customer service are pretty good.

Didn't she say before that her heart wasn't into main stream designers etc?

I don't get these self-proclaimed "lux" channels showcasing brands that haven't been around for long, but will thumb their noses up at MK or Dooney and Bourke and the likes.

Post by Guest »

Honestly, I’m really surprised she got a Polene bag because she is a label whore. She probably heard about it through tpf, which has been buzzing about the brand for a few months. I think even Megs the owner has one, if I’m not mistaken. I was thinking about buying one a few months ago but decided against it as I have too much stuff as is (though not as much as Minks or Jerusha :rofl: ).

I actually love small, non mainstream designers, but Minks is the last person I’d think would buy one as she tends to buy whatever has good resale value. This bag does not have good resale value...hopefully she likes it enough because she won’t get nearly as much as she paid for it. At least it’s not as expensive as some other things she usually goes for.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

adel220 wrote:Honestly, I’m really surprised she got a Polene bag because she is a label whore. She probably heard about it through tpf, which has been buzzing about the brand for a few months. I think even Megs the owner has one, if I’m not mistaken. I was thinking about buying one a few months ago but decided against it as I have too much stuff as is (though not as much as Minks or Jerusha :rofl: ).

I actually love small, non mainstream designers, but Minks is the last person I’d think would buy one as she tends to buy whatever has good resale value. This bag does not have good resale value...hopefully she likes it enough because she won’t get nearly as much as she paid for it. At least it’s not as expensive as some other things she usually goes for.
I totally get that. I have nothing against MG, Coach, Dooney and Burke or even a "cheap" $50 bag from TJ Maxx , etc. I buy what I think it cute and what I feel goes with my outfit :) The bag is cute (although I do not like the hardware on it) and all, but doesn't go with this picture she tries to convey to her subscribers.

I'm surprised by this recent purchase as similar to me being surprised she bought that Furla bag. She's supposedly all about "investment" bag so this seemed completely left field. Now it makes sense. She jumped on what she thought would probably gain momentum on Youtube so she could be the first to showcase it. I swear it's like she purchases stuff just to stage for photo's on IG and to review for Youtube. She doesn't seem to do many sponsorship, so I wonder why she's "investing" so much into her channel when there doesn't appear to be any return on investment. Especially given that YT changed their algorithm a while ago.

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:
adel220 wrote:Honestly, I’m really surprised she got a Polene bag because she is a label whore. She probably heard about it through tpf, which has been buzzing about the brand for a few months. I think even Megs the owner has one, if I’m not mistaken. I was thinking about buying one a few months ago but decided against it as I have too much stuff as is (though not as much as Minks or Jerusha :rofl: ).

I totally get that. I have nothing against MG, Coach, Dooney and Burke or even a "cheap" $50 bag from TJ Maxx , etc. I buy what I think it cute and what I feel goes with my outfit :) The bag is cute (although I do not like the hardware on it) and all, but doesn't go with this picture she tries to convey to her subscribers.

I'm surprised by this recent purchase as similar to me being surprised she bought that Furla bag. She's supposedly all about "investment" bag so this seemed completely left field. Now it makes sense. She jumped on what she thought would probably gain momentum on Youtube so she could be the first to showcase it. I swear it's like she purchases stuff just to stage for photo's on IG and to review for Youtube. She doesn't seem to do many sponsorship, so I wonder why she's "investing" so much into her channel when there doesn't appear to be any return on investment. Especially given that YT changed their algorithm a while ago.
I really do wonder what her motive is with her channel because like you said, she has very little monetary return, at least compared to other "luxury" youtubers who've been around just as long or maybe even shorter than she has. I think she might just genuinely like doing videos. I remember in an older MMQA someone asked her about sponsorships and she said she gets asked all the time but is very picky with what she reviews. In that sense, I have respect for her because her videos aren't 90% ad-content like Chase Amie or Shea Whitney.

I am a little turned off that she doesn't care for contemporary brands that are available here like Coach and D&B because I actually like those brands, too, but I think she's making "baby steps" towards making these random purchases like Longchamp, Furla, and now Polene...although it's possible she only likes those because they're European brands, which makes them more exotic. :lol: Can't say that I can see Jerusha doing that...remember that free bag she got (forgot the brand), only to shove it in the back of her car??? :rofl:

I will say that with that particular Polene bag, I think she should have done a little more research. That chain strap is pretty painful to wear after a long period of time, especially if you load it up with stuff. Minnie likes to load her bags as we've seen.

Now if only she can freshen up her wardrobe...

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Looks like Minks along with many of the other "lux" YouTubers are just doing a bunch of filler videos now. Handbags of the weak. What the heck. I mean a "review" of a handbag that she doesn't own nor plans to get?

Post by Guest »

drogers4205 wrote:Looks like Minks along with many of the other "lux" YouTubers are just doing a bunch of filler videos now. Handbags of the weak. What the heck. I mean a "review" of a handbag that she doesn't own nor plans to get?
Saving for Christmas hauls (for themselves)?? They need content for gift buying videos during the holidays when YT traffic is particularly good.

Return to “Minks4All”