Minks4All

ItsAndrew
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Minks4All

Post by ItsAndrew »

I saw a few people discussing Minks4All in Trina Leavers thread so I decided to create a separate thread on her, so the discussion in Trina's thread is nott off topic.

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Minks4All

fridayhaulyall
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Re: Minks4All

Post by fridayhaulyall »

i think she seems sweet, but she's kind of a bag hoarder. which i think will just get worse as the years go by unless people get tired of unboxings. because people seem to really enjoy watching someone buy expensive bags and unbox them on video. she knows that's where her views come from, so i can't see her stopping anytime soon. i don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, as long as she's financially secure, who cares. she doesn't have kids yet, so why not spoil yourself while you can.

PiggleJiggle
Learner
Learner

Post by PiggleJiggle »

Thanks for creating this thread! :)

I have watched her for ages now and I do like her and her videos, however I haven't watched her for a while as they can get a bit repetitive :)

weetabix
Debater
Debater

Post by weetabix »

I subscribe to her because I like designer bags, and she does have good information about sizes, features, and wear and tear issues. But I don't click on her vids very often. I tend to watch YouTube first thing in the morning with coffee, or as I'm winding down/getting ready for bed, so YouTubers that are super loud and/or chirpy bug me. The last thing I need when I'm just waking up in the morning is her squeeing about her latest bag--I'd spill coffee all over myself. And Minx Mondays--really? A half hour question and answer session every week? I don't think so.

TL; DR version--she knows what she's talking about, but she's super loud when she does it, and designer bags are not THAT interesting.

badgal

Post by badgal »

I must admit to feeling irritated by her at first, because she seemed so smug about her many designer acquisitions and a real show-off with all those LV dust bags in the background. I assumed she had some old man sugar daddy she was rinsing. Scrolling through her IG, some of her bags are so brash and tacky. I mean I'm sorry but this is tacky to the point of looking fake:

However, I have come to like the articulate way she reviews her products; she shows every angle, inside and out, and in general is extremely refreshing to watch after the idiocy of most YouTubers nowadays. She obviously works hard to buy her bags and has a big passion for it. It sounds like she loves her husband very much so I was very wrong there. If you are looking for a specific review then her videos are fantastic. It made me so happy to hear her saying that she doesn't like Michael Kors bags :rofl: and actually informing her viewers with intelligence which bags appreciate in value and have quality. I do think she has a hoarding problem and should fall back on shoving her wealth in people's faces, but overall she gets a solid B+ from me :tu:

BTW, where do you ladies think she works at? She has to wear a polo neck and sometimes does night shifts. She said it's some kind of completely unglamorous retail outlet. I am gonna say....WALMART.

Panorama
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Panorama »

Minks Monday's are getting to be a little obnoxious. I understand she's considered a connoisseur of some sorts for LV but her whole collection is only one type of LV material (canvas). She does not own epi, empreinte, or LV leather bags so it is a bit disingenuous of her to give her "opinion" on these styles. I think the only true YTber who can do so is Lvlovercc since she buys all types of LV bags. Also I kind of chuckle at the fact that she has been selling handbags "for years" and with numerous "clients" only now to do it full time. I've only known people to have personal shoppers for hard to get, exclusive pieces (Hermes) or limited edition items. Since she really does not have much knowledge base of luxury items outside of LV canvas and classic chanel, it is kind of hard to believe she has this client base who wants to buy and sell something as common as LV. I wish she would be honest - there is shame in saying that you either quit or got laid off from your job and now you're not working. The latter could also be why her 'interest' in LV is declining - can't afford to keep in the game!

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I think she's a nice girl and I enjoy listening to her speak. She's has some knowledge about designer bags, but I think she gains most of her knowledge from the purse forum (tpf). Although I enjoy her personality, I wouldn't be taking fashion advice from her because I think she's sort of a fake it to you make it type. I do wonder what retailer she worked at for over 11 years where she had to wear a khaki's pants and collared shirts as part of the uniform.

I recall seeing a video of hers where she said that she will only buy bags if they have investment value. It's almost like she's views her bags the same as owning valuable stocks. I find that crazy. I buy bags because I like them and they make a great addition to my wardrobe. I own a few designer bags and I have never bought one thinking how much I will get back if I were to sell it, but then I don't buy any item with the thought of selling it down the line. I get the idea that she's very impulsive with her purchases and therefore ends up returning and/or selling a LOT of stuff.

For anyone thinking of buying high end bags, please understand that regardless of what these folks tell you about LV and other designer goods you still lose a LOT of money when you resell unless you've had the bag for many many years through many many price increases AND that bag is a much sought after item. This all seems like fun and games to her, BUT if she's got it like that then good for her.

Amyinsofla
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Amyinsofla »

Her closet is awful with those Home Depot shelves and all those dust bags..her annoying cackle and squealing like a pig, and really how many monogram, classic flaps and WOCs does she need? It's a boring repetitive collection and I cannot believe her spouse is ok with how much money is hidden in there!

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

Yeah....that laugh aka cackle was cute and sort of charming the first few times, but she does it a little too much throughout the entire videos. I guess she's enjoys laughing at EVERYTHING.

lenathediva
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lenathediva »

I much prefer her reviews to Jerusha Couture.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

lenathediva wrote:I much prefer her reviews to Jerusha Couture.
I'll agree with you there. Minks can drive me a little crazy with her laugh, but she has a fun bubbly personality and as long as I don't watch too many of those Q & A's we're good. That darn Jerusha is annoying as all hell. Just loud and annoying for no darn reason. She just did an unboxing video for a bag from Japan and talked about how great it was and how nice in smelled, then turned around and said it was going to be for a giveaway for one of her subbies. I know LV is expensive, but I don't want no used ass item from a ytuber as a thanks or appreciation for being a subbie. That's just tacky. I'm not sure how much she paid for the item, but she could have just purchased something new and small from the LV boutique as a giveaway gift. Just so tacky.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

drogers4205 wrote:
I recall seeing a video of hers where she said that she will only buy bags if they have investment value. It's almost like she's views her bags the same as owning valuable stocks. I find that crazy. I buy bags because I like them and they make a great addition to my wardrobe. I own a few designer bags and I have never bought one thinking how much I will get back if I were to sell it, but then I don't buy any item with the thought of selling it down the line. I get the idea that she's very impulsive with her purchases and therefore ends up returning and/or selling a LOT of stuff.

For anyone thinking of buying high end bags, please understand that regardless of what these folks tell you about LV and other designer goods you still lose a LOT of money when you resell unless you've had the bag for many many years through many many price increases AND that bag is a much sought after item. This all seems like fun and games to her, BUT if she's got it like that then good for her.
THIS. DEAR GAWD ALMIGHTY. I don't care how many price increases Chanel, LV and Celine may have, the people who say they are buying their handbags as an investment need to go to Kevin O'Leary's Capitalist Boot Camp. I too love designer handbags (my one vice apart from Diet Coke) but if you are deciding between upping your RSP for the year and a handbag, please don't buy that handbag.

On topic: I love Minks4All. She's definitely enthusiastic about bags, and she makes detailed reviews without going too off-topic. I also get a 'legit' vibe from her as well - she's not doing this to just show off; she genuinely wants to share what she's learned, experience, what she likes. I'd LOVE to see her branch out from LV canvas - the Phantom is a start, but there's gorgeous bags from Chloe (best leather IMO), Alexander Wang, Saint Laurent I'd love to see her haul.

Though girl, Mz. Minks? Seeing that Mini Pochette all stuffed up and not zipping up in your Celine What's in My Bag? I cringed.

fridayhaulyall
Debater
Debater

Post by fridayhaulyall »

she overstuffs a lot of her small leather items. i saw her chanel woc wear and tear review and you could tell she overstuff the thing by how it looked a year or so later. i have the same woc and have had it for over a year and it looks nothing like hers lol.

Maris Crane
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Maris Crane »

fridayhaulyall wrote:she overstuffs a lot of her small leather items. i saw her chanel woc wear and tear review and you could tell she overstuff the thing by how it looked a year or so later. i have the same woc and have had it for over a year and it looks nothing like hers lol.
MY HEART.

(That is not a 'be still my heart', that's the handbag equivalent reaction to when I watch Diners, Drive-In and Dives.)

On the plus side, at least she's using her things, and not just treating them like museum pieces.

ImJustHereToWatch
Learner
Learner

Post by ImJustHereToWatch »

Amyinsofla wrote:Her closet is awful with those Home Depot shelves and all those dust bags..her annoying cackle and squealing like a pig, and really how many monogram, classic flaps and WOCs does she need? It's a boring repetitive collection and I cannot believe her spouse is ok with how much money is hidden in there!
THISSSSS!!!! ahhh her pig sqeals and crazy cackling driving me insane. she is so so so annoying! she's a major hoarder and loves anything TACKY! she reminds me of Trisha Paytas because she has a whole room filled with so much tacky crap ...Mt Bougie part 2!! it doesn't seem as if she has any real class or style...it's like she's just trying hard to be "fancy" . first, it was the 10 thousand piles of LV canvas...then that got too boring, now she's moved onto chanel everything. especially those hideous espadrilles ..she's got like 4 pairs in just the past few months. she didn't seem very appreciative in her latest "what i got for christmas" video. i wonder what she does for a living to afford all this...or is she getting into crazy amounts of debt?! how can her husband be ok with a roomfull of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars worth of useless junk?!?!?! lastly, her taste in jewelry bugs me because she pretends to have this "classy" style with handbags ...but she just likes anything with lots of tacky sparkle all over it...huge, chunky, cheap jewelry..its so BOUGIE THOO cuz it has swarovski crystals all over it!!! (again, JUST like trisha paytas!)...i'm so surprised more people on GG aren't bothered by her! :x
:rofl: :love2:

honest_girl_23
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by honest_girl_23 »

I like her. Her reviews are informative. She doesn't come off very braggy. But her laugh is a little annoying but I enjoy watching her videos
Any spelling errors are due to auto correct

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

I like Minks4All, but it annoys me when all of these "collectors" act as if they are experts on luxury. Her and Jerusha collections both consisted of mostly LV Canvas pieces. Canvas is not the end all be all of LV. Also, I'm noticing that she appears to be buying items just to view them on her channel. For instance, as soon as LV came out with the new Grape color she ran out and picked up the Key Cles in Grape. She then reviewed it knowing she wasn't planning on keeping it because she said it wasn't the color she thought it would be and that it was too similar to what she already had in her collection. Ummm....she didn't know when she was in the store that it wasn't the color she wanted? Now she has reviewed the new Key Cles in Denim and I'm wondering if she did that for reviews and if she'll keep it. I think a lot of these luxury youtubers don't realize that if they plan to do this as a career they will constantly need new content. Luxury goods are expensive and I'm sick of seeing "what's in my bag videos" when all they are doing is transferring the same set of items from one bag to another.

She recently made a comment on one of Jerusha's video's which annoyed me as I'm not even sure if Minks knows what went down on IG and Jerusha's blog sale. Even still, I would think she'd be smart enough not to to try to ride on Jerusha's coattails but I guess not. Minks needs to stay in her lane and continue putting out those lame ass Q & A videos.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

My goodness. How many what's in my bags is she gonna do? Sheesh.......these luxury youtubers need to develop better content.

drogers4205

Post by drogers4205 »

My goodness. How many what's in my bags is she gonna do? Sheesh.......these luxury youtubers need to develop better content.

Arby
Informer
Informer

Post by Arby »

I'm going to put out a guess that she works at a T Mobile. She mentioned in a recent video that she works for a well known retailer but it wasn't a glamourous job. She also mentioned how they now have to wear jeans and polo opposed to khaki's and polo. T Mobile from what I've read have made that switch in uniform.

Return to “Minks4All”