Dragonmax
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Markiplier: Part 4

Post by Dragonmax »

(Comes out of lurker status)

4th part of the general thread for Markiplier.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Markiplier: Part 4

Post by DaylightAmy »

I really wish he would employ or get advice from a PR type person for moments like this.

He has every right and more to take a while off if something bad happens. But when you are already panicked or concerned, as he clearly is, you need someone else to go on your social media and just post - "Due to some unexpected issues I won't be able to upload videos for a little bit - please don't worry, I'll be back as soon as I can!"

I'm not trying to slag on him for saying "Something very serious has happened" but I think it won't help him as it will just encourage anxious people to freak out and spam him with well-intended curiosity and level headed people to start digging - neither of which would help the situation.

If you're a public figure and need a bit of time, space and privacy, choice of words can really determine how much of it you end up getting, unfortunately.

I hope whatever happened isn't a permanent tragedy to anyone and just a difficult setback that can be overcome.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Kierans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kierans »

Well...they say hindsight is 20/20, right? :( I think what he posted was all right. Anything more lighthearted-sounding might have led to fans spamming him about uploading videos. Of course, now they're spamming him and his friends about what happened, so I'm not sure which is worse. :roll: I don't know why they think the spam is helpful to anyone. Find comfort and support in each other, but leave the guys alone. It's hard enough going through something difficult without millions of eyes watching you. :(
DaylightAmy wrote:I hope whatever happened isn't a permanent tragedy to anyone and just a difficult setback that can be overcome.
I agree. That seems to be the best possible outcome right now.

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

I have a bit of a theory on what happened but I don't want to post it publicly out of respect and I don't want a lurker reading it wrong and spreading it.

Also kudos to half of the Dumblr fanbase for reaching out to others and supportive messages to the guys but shame on the people bugging them for info.

Orchidea
Learner
Learner

Post by Orchidea »

I think his message is alright, though. Hope everything turns out okay soon for him. Must say 2015 has been really tough on Mark.

professionallurker
Debater
Debater

Post by professionallurker »

Nyxx wrote:I have a bit of a theory on what happened but I don't want to post it publicly out of respect and I don't want a lurker reading it wrong and spreading it.

Also kudos to half of the Dumblr fanbase for reaching out to others and supportive messages to the guys but shame on the people bugging them for info.
Would you mind pm'ing it?

moran
Informer
Informer

Post by moran »

I don't wanto to speculate on here, if you want to talk to me about it you can send me a pm, but I'm starting to think something happened to Daniel since he's the only one who hasn't said anything about what's going on, silence could just be his way to react to the "issue", but my heart is racing so fast and I'm literally terrified right now.

Post by Guest »

I'm hoping that it's not that bad but the twitter statuses are making me worry. Especially the editor's.

Thought from my head, typed on my phone.

M0nkeeButt2590
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by M0nkeeButt2590 »

Yeah I had a feeling people were coming here for answers that nobody has.

Everybody's upset about those messages, as am I. No knowing is hard and it's scary thinking about the possible outcome, but stay strong everyone.

I'd suggest we keep talk of this via PM or some other private message outside of GG (the site keeps freaking out :P) so as not to spread rumors and get rumors started.

Just remember we're all here for each other and can come to any of us if you need someone to talk to.

Hugs to all of you and to Mark and his loved ones. We will all get through this difficult time.

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

Ryan so far has said the most about it. It still isn't a firm answer, but I can feel the stress pouring out of him. It's not like they're purposely not saying anything, they either can't or don't know how right now:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPGANQSUkAEKf7t.jpg

I'd say there's a reason no one is saying anything specific yet. IMO it means they need to prepare themselves, support each other, and formulate the right words. None of that is a good sign, but people need to back down from pestering them and their friends until they're ready.

And yeah, Dan's the only one who hasn't checked in yet. And Matt tweeted "Laying awake, wishing this was a bad dream." I'm not saying this happened, but I will say the only time I have ever thought that in my own life is when someone close to me was either very sick or passed away. I'm not going to say anything else about it since no one knows what the fuck is happening, but I am legit worried now.

fishnchippychips
Debater
Debater

Post by fishnchippychips »

All of this was so horrible to wake up to this morning, and it doesn't help that the site has been messing up all day so I haven't been able to post anything! Not that I know what to post, everyone's basically said everything I could already. I'm just hoping it's not as bad as we're all thinking and that everyone is okay or going to be okay, but the more I read the less I'm beginning to believe that and I'm really worried :(

LtSockington
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by LtSockington »

My two cents on things like this, especially to lurkers looking for answers:

People are hardwired to feel close to people they interact with on a daily basis. It's in our DNA and we cannot just turn it off. We see this goofy doof like a part of our family and when family is in the crap you feel for 'em and want to do something or know more. In no way am I intending to shame or blame people who get really twisted up by this sort of situation.

The truth is that you know him, but he doesn't know you. There is no possible way for Mr. Fischbach to come to personally know all 9.5million fans. He will give out the info he is comfortable with when he's comfortable giving it. Until then take that well-meant, nervous, energy and direct it into doing something that would make him happy and proud. He's on the raw end of the deal not being able to meet, know and interact with everyone the way they can with him so balance it out: Make your fan interactions ripple out into your community both fandom and on-fandom. Pick one of the charities he's previously donated to and make a donation in his name, your own, "Markiplier's Heroes" etc. Ask for a receipt from the charity if they offer them.

If it turns out that this is something really, truly, heartbreakingly, awful then, well you did real good in the world in the face of that. If it turns out that the goofy doof needs to be cheered up? You take a picture of that receipt for that good deed and you tweet/tumblr/instagram/vine it at him. Hashtag it if you want, trend it if you need to.

Raise awareness for charity in your community and your region. Do good works, because that's what you can do, and that is at least a positive and appropriate outlet for your nervousness and upset.

Inappropriate is spamming, harassing, sending tons of hugely emotional fanvids, flooding the tags with worst-case-scenarios.

Donate, do good, hold it close to your heart. Send the love out if and when it's really needed.

Nyxx
Talker
Talker

Post by Nyxx »

Awesome post LtStockington! Well said.

gulost
Informer
Informer

Post by gulost »

all of this is making me really worried. i am also thinking that this might have something to do with daniel, but i'm hoping he's okay!!
RT if you're still mad at JK Rowling for killing off Jub Jub

Babydoll Circe
Learner
Learner

Post by Babydoll Circe »

I logged in after a long break from GG (too busy with work) when a friend told me about Mark's FB post. I really don't have much to add other than that I send my wishes and prayers to the guys... This is just......

shaymin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by shaymin »

kei wrote:Ryan so far has said the most about it. It still isn't a firm answer, but I can feel the stress pouring out of him. It's not like they're purposely not saying anything, they either can't or don't know how right now:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPGANQSUkAEKf7t.jpg

I'd say there's a reason no one is saying anything specific yet. IMO it means they need to prepare themselves, support each other, and formulate the right words. None of that is a good sign, but people need to back down from pestering them and their friends until they're ready.

And yeah, Dan's the only one who hasn't checked in yet. And Matt tweeted "Laying awake, wishing this was a bad dream." I'm not saying this happened, but I will say the only time I have ever thought that in my own life is when someone close to me was either very sick or passed away. I'm not going to say anything else about it since no one knows what the fuck is happening, but I am legit worried now.
I know I shouldn't panic or think the worse but... that image just makes me think something truly terrible has happened because of how it was worded. I don't want to believe something awful has occurred but what can we do, besides sit and wait for news? I'm not one for pestering (as some people are doing, like... bro sit down and chill you're making everyone stressed). We just need to keep Mark, Cyndago and Mark's editor in our thoughts or prayers right now. I hope everyone is okay :(

kei
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by kei »

There are so many lurkers still here even during the day right now that I feel compelled to say something, even if its main purpose is solidarity...or even just to break the tension that's settled in the past 24 hours. I wish GG was able to help shed light on the situation, folks, but we're just as in the dark as you right now. If anything, @LtSockington has the best advice right now: if you can, direct your worry into supporting a charity Mark has dealt with in the past, and put the receipt up on Tumblr honoring his previous efforts. He may not be in the headspace right now to look at social media, but that's not nearly as important as the fact you did it, and someone in need will benefit from that donation. Whatever happened, whatever will happen, it would be proof to you and the world that a spark of hope can still be lit even in the darkest moments.

But I'd go further to say this isn't really just about Mark now. A lot of us have been following Cyndago for a while, and while their humor isn't always in the greatest taste, I've seen them learn, grow, and improve their sketch comedy work. They genuinely try to get better each time, and really care about what they do. I think that's why this is striking people more deeply than if they were known only as "friends of Mark".

HarleyQuinn86
Talker
Talker

Post by HarleyQuinn86 »

Nothing to add except I'm thinking of Mark and his friends <3

PersephonePomegrante
Lurker
Lurker

Post by PersephonePomegrante »

Does Mark live with the Cyndago guys?

Gorillaz1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gorillaz1236 »

PersephonePomegrante wrote:Does Mark live with the Cyndago guys?
Yeah, he moved in with them a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Markiplier”