Mille026
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: buzzfeed

Post by Mille026 »

ifucsam wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:14 pm
So I don't watch buzzfeed anymore, why are so many people being fired?
They laid off a lot of staff early this year after not meeting their projected budget.

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

Cheryl Blossom wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:14 pm
I understand they have pre filmed videos to release with some laid off people in them...but do they really need to put fired people in the thumbnail/use them for views? So shitty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
they are doing that for a long time. tasty and buzzfeed on facebook still posts articles with safiya in the thumbnail

xoxo_24689
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by xoxo_24689 »

what was up with the super uncomfortable vibe in the ladylike video for Devin's birthday? Compared to the other birthday vids i've seen, nobody but Chantel seemed to be putting in any effort, and even that was lacklustre... is there tea there? Does everyone hate Devin?

(I'm quite new to Ladylike so sorry if this is already common knowledge or something)
i talk too much, sry

Cherryboomx2
Talker
Talker

Post by Cherryboomx2 »

xoxo_24689 wrote:what was up with the super uncomfortable vibe in the ladylike video for Devin's birthday? Compared to the other birthday vids i've seen, nobody but Chantel seemed to be putting in any effort, and even that was lacklustre... is there tea there? Does everyone hate Devin?

(I'm quite new to Ladylike so sorry if this is already common knowledge or something)
I picked up on this vibe, too.

Post by Guest »

I can't stand Devin, so I deliberately haven't watch that video - but interested now with what people have said, lol!

Wow, so even for one of the ladylike teams birthdays, most of them couldn't be bothered to do anything to contribute to a video for it? lmfao.... It was literally only Mike their producer and Chantel who did any preparation and work for it. Freddie and Jen just showed up the day of, and Kristin was sick.

Also, 9:15 is 'early' for work??? in what universe? and she still ended up 15 minutes late? No wonder Buzzfeed is going down the drain since they cannot get people to turn up during office hours.

I'm eyerolling so hard at the crystals and astrologist. Of course she's into this kind of new age crap. Also, what is with that SPECK at 8:17, so unprofessional.

Wait, they have a manager now? Also was all the people on the rooftop for lunch on the ladylike staff? Again the question I keep getting is that why is their content so basic when they have so much potential and such a large team to utilize? Is Buzzfeed just shit at giving them tasks from day to day, or is it their own laziness and ineptitude coming into play where they are slacking off way too much when they should be working? It's just bizarre to me.

Buzzfeed employees seems to embody every negative cliche and stereotype said about millennials, and as a hard working one it really pisses me off.

lurkermclurkerson
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lurkermclurkerson »

Cherryboomx2 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 pm
xoxo_24689 wrote:what was up with the super uncomfortable vibe in the ladylike video for Devin's birthday? Compared to the other birthday vids i've seen, nobody but Chantel seemed to be putting in any effort, and even that was lacklustre... is there tea there? Does everyone hate Devin?

Here’s my take on it. Devin is the only one who really embodies what Ladylike is. She’s feminist, empowered, new age, crunchy granola, in tune with her body, and confident in what she wants. People being put off by her personality need to realize that sometimes people put up a front to hide massive insecurities. She’s been through sexual assault and I’m sure that has greatly effected her.

Freddie is so bored she doesn’t want to be there anymore and when she was engaged, she was copying what Safiya did. Kristin is a try hard trying to be relatable by being fake woke, fake lesbian, and body accepting. Jen is....too disorganized to be likable, in my opinion. She’s so messy that I can’t relate. Chantel is a mean girl through and through. Jazzmyne, when she’s there, is super problematic. Devin is a threat to them, everything they wish they could be and haven’t figured out how to be.

Post by Guest »

lurkermclurkerson wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:26 am
Cherryboomx2 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:09 pm

Here’s my take on it. Devin is the only one who really embodies what Ladylike is. She’s feminist, empowered, new age, crunchy granola, in tune with her body, and confident in what she wants. People being put off by her personality need to realize that sometimes people put up a front to hide massive insecurities. She’s been through sexual assault and I’m sure that has greatly effected her.

Freddie is so bored she doesn’t want to be there anymore and when she was engaged, she was copying what Safiya did. Kristin is a try hard trying to be relatable by being fake woke, fake lesbian, and body accepting. Jen is....too disorganized to be likable, in my opinion. She’s so messy that I can’t relate. Chantel is a mean girl through and through. Jazzmyne, when she’s there, is super problematic. Devin is a threat to them, everything they wish they could be and haven’t figured out how to be.
Sorry, got to say I disagree. As far as I know they're all feminist, just in different degrees. They are equally empowered, too, and equally confident. I will agree it seems Freddie doesn't want to be there anymore, and Jen and Kristin just aren't as serious in their demeanor. Chantel is bitchy, as is Devin. Those two seem to get along well.
>People being put off by her personality need to realize that sometimes people put up a front to hide massive insecurities. She’s been through sexual assault and I’m sure that has greatly effected her.
I'm sorry but this really makes no sense. Just because one chooses to open up about something so personal, doesn't mean they are insecure, and also doesn't mean they put on a front. It also doesn't mean others haven't had stories to tell, and simply chose not to. This really has no basis on her as a person, and any trauma someone might have doesn't free them of criticism.

I honestly find Devin to be very problematic and symptomatic of buzzfeeds bullshit agendas, where she only cares about her own 'woke' narratives and doesn't like to hear anyone who disagrees. But also cannot admit when their own 'wokeness' actively backfires and just succeeds in making feminism seen as full of various serfs and terfs that end up hammering home bullshit stereotypes that make Feminism look bad and end up hurting POC and the LGBTI community and women overall.

Like in that video

where she was trying hard to make a point about the private Catholic school enforcing a poncho over 'immodest' prom dresses (which their version of modest wasn't even that strict, I've seen public schools with far stricter modesty standards!) and she went around in a fucking rain poncho, asking people on the street to get outraged who didn't see it as a big deal, and got huffy and stormed off saying "I'M NOT GETTING THE ANSWERS I WANT" and so ran back to her buzzfeed woke sanctuary to get the 'right' responses.

There was a heap of awesome comments on that video that showcased the problems perfectly:
There is a set precedent that students are expected to uphold as they are attending a private institution. You wouldn't break a dress code at your work in order to avoid getting fired or if you didn't agree with the dress code you wouldn't take the job! It's the same with a private school.

"She tried to create situations to get those responses. I felt like that kind of approach cheapened the discussion and caused the issue to be lost. This shouldn't have been about outraging people about a school forcing students to dress to a certain standard. It should have been a discussion on why that school (and society on the whole) still has such standards enforced on women."

I dare say she wouldn't have even blinked had the same situation transpired at a Mosque with regards to modest attire, yet the Catholic school doesn't get the same respect for their freedom of religion. The hypocrisy pisses me off.

Also in the past Devin has expressed wanting to get into more news and journalistic endeavors, but she's never going to succeed with attitudes like this, where she cannot even take constructive criticism or hear out alternate views to try and be informed.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

This is where we're at, Ladylike? Guessing which country a cheese is from?

Great content there. *scoff*
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

I was sick yesterday and binged a show on E! called Dating: No Filter where Drunk, not Gaming Kelsey is a featured “comedian” - I have to say she made the transition to mainstream content pretty well, it’s just small enough snippets and trashy enough content that she isn’t totally insufferable. Is she the only one that still “works” at Buzzfeed that has done the switch over to mainstream media?

BlueFairy
Debater
Debater

Post by BlueFairy »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
I dare say she wouldn't have even blinked had the same situation transpired at a Mosque with regards to modest attire, yet the Catholic school doesn't get the same respect for their freedom of religion. The hypocrisy pisses me off.
I have to agree with this. Im not a Catholic, nor religious, but you cant pick and choose which religions are ok when enforcing some rules and which are not. There are also Islamic schools, and she would definitely ignore similar situations happening there.

I disagree with religious schools(schooling) but if people go there its expected they would follow some religious rules.

And yeah, she definitely went the wrong way about it.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

aivilo wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:59 pm
I do like the Try Guys, I just feel like they're running out of ideas.

They ran out when they opened their channel. Their first videos for the first few months were literally the same videos they did on BF already.

SereneSelenophile
Informer
Informer

Post by SereneSelenophile »

takoyaki wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 pm
aivilo wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:59 pm
I do like the Try Guys, I just feel like they're running out of ideas.

They ran out when they opened their channel. Their first videos for the first few months were literally the same videos they did on BF already.
I really loved them too - but I can't bring myself to watch them the video about remodeling Ned and April's house was when I got put off. Plus something about their video format was different and I can't put my finger on it..

In other news, is there a comprehensive list of people who got the axe yet? I heard there was some backlash that most of the people fired were PoC / LGBT but IDK how much truth there is there.

thehippiechick
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by thehippiechick »

N'awwww... the last video with NIkki is up, she's making pineapple tart with Rie.

The two of them are too freaking sweet together. Good bye and good luck to you Nikki. Fuck you BuzzFeed.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

ilovemydeadgayson
Learner
Learner

Post by ilovemydeadgayson »

It's legit uncomfortable to watch the Ladylike girls pretend they still have chemistry together. Jen and Kristen are real friends, as are Devin and Chantel but as a collective whole, you can see they dont really feel each other. Freddie is clearly over all of them and her real friends are outside of ladylike altogether. They can't even be bothered to all be in the same videos at the same time anymore so it's extra cringe-y when they try to act like they're close. Anymore you only ever see 2 of them on camera at a time and if you do see all of them in one video, it's pretty obvious they filmed their segments separately and then edited them together.

I feel like their fans see them as the female Try Guys but with the try guys, even if the video is kind of lackluster, I still may watch them because the guys all have chemistry and you can tell they're all actually friends with each other. Even Eugene who tries to act detached clearly cares about the other Try Guys. Even when they irritate each other you can see they have a bond.

Meanwhile the Ladylike girls are all gritting their teeth just trying to get through the damn video so they can get the hell away from each other asap

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

I think the problem with Ladylike is you can tell there's not a collective creative 'mission' behind the team or the production. There isn't a sense of common drive and most importantly, as others have pointed out, chemistry. All they want is just another video in the can to check it off a list and move on to the next one. Could you really see this group coming together to move on to their own channel, their own brand, in the way that Try Guys have? Are they at all comparable to something like Unsolved? Not at all. It's obvious they lost their way... Ladylike in its older iteration did well in a specific time and place, and that time is over now... blame it on Saf leaving or Freddie/Jen checking out, whatever, but in the end, what does it matter? This isn't Buzzfeed 2014 anymore, so move on and reinvent, enliven the channel. The insulting thing is that they continue to phone it in. It clearly needs a re-branding, a re-think, and yes, a re-casting. You have a huge platform, you have resources at your disposal, your theme is a range of issues and culture pertaining to young women today... and you cling to the same tired formulas and recite insultingly awkward monologues at the start of every video? Smh.

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

On the buzzfeed unsolved front... does anyone know what happened that caused Shane Madej to post an apology for the Bellaire house lady? It seems like he said something at the vidcon panel but all those videos got taken down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

Acciolatte wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:11 pm
On the buzzfeed unsolved front... does anyone know what happened that caused Shane Madej to post an apology for the Bellaire house lady? It seems like he said something at the vidcon panel but all those videos got taken down.

Is that the one where he laughed at her Dog supposedly levitating and hitting a wall? (and she was PISSED!)

Acciolatte

Post by Acciolatte »

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
Acciolatte wrote: On the buzzfeed unsolved front... does anyone know what happened that caused Shane Madej to post an apology for the Bellaire house lady? It seems like he said something at the vidcon panel but all those videos got taken down.

Is that the one where he laughed at her Dog supposedly levitating and hitting a wall? (and she was PISSED!)
Yeah his tweet implies he joked that she did it herself somewhere and it seems like she may have threatened to sue?

ksmith1909
Talker
Talker

Post by ksmith1909 »

I want to know when the next season of true crime will start. Most of the supernatural ones are ghost related which are totally boring imo. It's the same format with just a slightly different story every time. I'd rather see supernatural episodes about cryptids, aliens, and supernatural phemonema. I wonder if the delay has to do with that drama.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

ksmith1909 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 am
I want to know when the next season of true crime will start. Most of the supernatural ones are ghost related which are totally boring imo. It's the same format with just a slightly different story every time. I'd rather see supernatural episodes about cryptids, aliens, and supernatural phemonema. I wonder if the delay has to do with that drama.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
i like the supernatural ones because they usually travel more and i love the like road trip vibe - i loved the two true crimes they traveled for - i think they just were on a normal break because they did two seasons so quickly together for the halloween season

Return to “Buzzfeed”