WaterVesselLikeJenPart 78

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: WaterVesselLikeJenPart 78

Post by loopyloo »

Meow wrote::lol: y'all have to listen to her answer the question about whether they are considering moving anytime soon starting at around 15:35 in her pregnancy update. a few highlights from that answer:

"it's always been my dream to live somewhere a little more remote"
"it's kind of like my lifelong fantasy to live somewhere where I can look out my window and not see another house for miles and miles"
If they move somewhere without many shops she will be buying even more stuff online. The postie better have a strong back as he will be delivering a lot of parcels.

The knitting thing is bizarre. I can't believe she'd admit that on camera! Surely even her fans must see there is something a bit off about this. Mind you, my mum presented me with a half-knitted baby cardigan she never got around to finishing a few years back...

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

yeah it took like 10 tries for my post to go through. :lol:

I'm glad you guys picked up on it too. she sounded so cold during that part. nah...not gonna knit her anything...not a priority! oh wellz! :?

lipstick jungle

Post by lipstick jungle »

quoting myself from the backup forum: http://sweethazzard.com/forum/everythin ... felife/15/
SEPTEMBER 23,2015
It’s pregnancy update time! In my weekly update I share what’s happening in my pregnancy journey with you. This includes general stats such as how I’m feeling, any symptoms I’m experiencing, food cravings and aversions, weight gain, bump shots, etc., as well as what’s going on in my life that’s pregnancy-related and any baby things we’ve purchased or received as gifts. Here’s the scoop at 24 weeks:
Hmm…I’m not noticing a huge amount of change in the bump and there’s a two week gap between the middle and the righthand picture in that collage. It feels bigger to me, although I agree it doesn’t look much different. I know Baby Girl is growing though because I can feel her movement much more distinctly and can even tell (more or less) which way she’s situated. She’s definitely been on the move lately!

This update will cover the last two weeks since I skipped my post last week while away on our babymoon vacation in Hawaii.

Here’s the current status:

❊ How Far Along – 24 weeks (officially 6 months!)

❊ Baby Size Comparison – Ear of Corn (8.5″ Head to Rump / 11.75″ Head to Toe and 1.5 pounds)

Symptoms – The itchy breasts and frog-in-the-throat acid reflex I mentioned a couple of weeks ago have subsided for the most part. When the frog-in-the-throat pops up, usually sometime between dinner and bed time, I just take a Tums and I feel better. I did experience an increase in feeling physically uncomfortable on our long flight legs to and from Hawaii, but nothing unbearable or that couldn’t be cured by stretching and getting up every now and then.

❊ Physical Changes – The bump feels bigger, it just doesn’t look much different, although I certainly gained weight while we were away!

❊ Weight Gain – 5 pounds (19 total) – I’m actually pretty surprised by this as I was expecting to gain more while we were away thanks to all the naughty food I ate. That’s about how much I typically gain on a vacation that long when I’m not pregnant. I did stay active while we were away between using the elliptical most every day and swimming a lot.

Mood – Super relaxed and happy. 12 days in tropical paradise will do that, though!

Sleep – 8-9 glorious hours a night with the exception of our overnight flight home where I only slept two hours in one 24 hour period. Luckily I bounced back from that quickly!

Food Cravings – The sushi craving hit me hard when we were in Hawaii. I realized it wasn’t so much that I wanted raw fish, but more just the experience of eating sushi (and soy sauce! Yum). It took me a week to figure out I could still eat sushi so long as it didn’t have any raw fish in it. I happily devoured veggie, shrimp tempura, and crab rolls during the second half of our trip and felt totally satisfied of that craving by the end. I also ended up eating quite a lot of pancakes, which is something I normally only feel like once in a blue moon. Let’s just say I didn’t hold back on this vacation. (That bottom right picture is actually french toast, if you’re wondering)
Food Aversions – Fish. Even in Hawaii where I was surrounded by the freshest fish, I still had no interest in it. But my aversion wasn’t so bad I couldn’t be near it, which is good because then Don could enjoy it without me running for the hills. I’ve also noticed I’ve grown increasingly less keen on meat or poultry in general. I’ve been trying to compensate with non-animal proteins when I can.

❊ Missing – Now that we’re back from Hawaii I miss those beautiful sunsets and the peaceful calm I experienced there, but honestly, I’m super happy to be home and back to my routines. Plus, I missed my Winnie girl quite a bit while we were away and it’s so wonderful to be reunited with her.

Looking Forward To – Ordering our nursery furniture. I did quite a bit of research while I was in Hawaii and had lots of time and am now ready to make some decisions. I plan to visit a local shop later this week to see my top brands in person and hope to place an order at that time. I feel like I’m cutting it a bit close, because some pieces can take up to three months to arrive and there’s less than 16 weeks left until my due date. I’m not too worried about it since Baby Girl will be sleeping in our room for at least a little bit (not in our bed, but in a bassinet), but it would be nice to have the nursery set up before she arrives.

This Week’s Happenings – Like I mentioned, I’m planning on nursery furniture shopping this week as well as starting my registry. My sister-in-law, Emily, is very sweetly throwing me a shower in November and I’ve been told it’s time to get cracking on that registry! In addition to researching furniture while I was in Hawaii I learned a lot about baby gear and narrowed down the things I’d like to have before Baby Girl arrives, so now it’s just a matter of picking a place to register and getting on with it. Our plan is to register for mostly smaller, less expensive items and purchase the big ticket stuff ourselves. Exciting baby shopping times ahead!

I talk more about my week in this video if you’re interested:
[youtube][/youtube]

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

This kid can kiss any hope for a baby book goodbye. :?
Do we have a Jen weight conversion chart? 5lbs equals what?

She claims she rarely ever eats ice cream or french fries but did so because she was on vacation. HA!

lateKate
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lateKate »

I'm not good at knitting but I made some cute dresses for my daughter when she was a toddler. Even now, when we are going through pictures, I can proudly say, "I made that dress for you". This woman is so cold and detached, it's scary :o

Rory0425
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rory0425 »

FLOSSY77 wrote:How she makes a 30 minute video feel like an hour :(
The knitting!! :o She only knits on take off and landing. Then she works. No handmade gifts from mommy. She has to prioritize. Wow!
Just another episode of the Jen show. Make coffee.

I keep going back and forth on opinions. Everyone has such great theories. I think we are close to something. :tu:

EdIt- Site acting up. Didn't see your posts. But we are all on the same page. <3
Picture a sweet moment when Jen covers her little girl up in the blanket she made her and says, "I made this for you when you were in my tummy." Cue the sappy music.

Oh, wait, this is Jen. What was I thinking?! :(

Noelle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Noelle »

I thought you guys were kidding about her being in possession of Bringing Up Bébé. When will I ever learn.

Nothing is more pretentious than the way some Americans have romanticized other cultures, especially the French. If the goal is to look schmancy, it has the opposite effect. I understand interest, but not the clumsy imitation.

There isn't anything that unique about typical "French parenting" when compared to old-school American parenting. Or most of Europe, for that matter. And if there were, why learn about it from an American? Sounds totally legit. The mommy version of Eat, Pray, Love [Yourself].

Slap the French label on anything and women in Jen's demo will buy it. Parisian coffins -- feel smug and classy in death. Tampons produced in the heart of Provence -- treat your birth canal to the feeling of sumptuous cotton and tingly lavender essence.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by fiercelyprivate »

I really don't think Jen will give up Youtube. If anything, she's showing signs of clinging more to it in light of the pregnancy. Just look at the increased posting frequency...she hadn't been this regular in a long time. So she's either going to stop being useless and manage to do both (YT and mom) or she'll do YT and "baby girl" will be someone else's problem. I do think the increase in posting frequency is a calculated move on her part.

LuckyMe
Informer
Informer

Post by LuckyMe »

The 5 lbs went to her butt. She's growing another bump there.

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

forgot to add....someone asked if she was going to do baby update videos once she's here. Jen then asked us what we thought. would we be interested in hearing baby updates or would we rather hear about how JEN is doing or some combination of both? you just know she's hoping everyone will only want to hear about her. she's such a trip. it's going to be a real slap in the face to her when baby girl is here and she's getting all of the attention.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Meow wrote:forgot to add....someone asked if she was going to do baby update videos once she's here. Jen then asked us what we thought. would we be interested in hearing baby updates or would we rather hear about how JEN is doing or some combination of both? you just know she's hoping everyone will only want to hear about her. she's such a trip. it's going to be a real slap in the face to her when baby girl is here and she's getting all of the attention.
That's it, I must watch this video now :lol:

lipstick jungle

I missed the knitting gate.
I am back to FF everything and missing half of it.
There was this short period where I watched some of Jen's video.
short passion, it seems.

I am glad she said that.
That is Jen.
we know Jen by now as well as anyone can know a stranger online, but she has shared enough to give us a notion of who she is deep inside

She edits herself so much this days.
she covers so much of her own identity.

It's annoying.

what she said may be cold, but this is Jen.
Jen is not a warm, fuzzy feelings person.

she said it herself her language of love is gift giving.
Except she gives random crap, bought at the last minute, not a second spent focusing on what the person truly loves.

I, for one, am glad she still lets her own self slip now and then.

This perfect image with fading colors and filled with cracks she try to pass this day just makes me annoy with her.

I took her as she was , neurotic and selfish and a bag of nerves when she admitted to being just that - in her own way - there was some hope of redemption in her honesty. Like she was aware of her flaws and knew they weren't good for her.

This fake persona, this lying one, ... I just can't stand it.

I hope there is a miracle and she changes when the baby comes.
But how many people have we know to change their ways because of kids alone?
I guess she will just put up a farce of perfect mother, perfect kid, perfect husband, with her empty eyes, a husband nowhere to be seen a dog that seems half dead, etc

MattressCrowSoapJar
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by MattressCrowSoapJar »

Her videos consist of:

"Here's what I bought."

"Here are some other things I bought."

"Here's where I'm going to put what I bought."

and "Here's what I'm eating. Again."

And this is a higher priority than making things her daughter can keep and pass on to her children. I feel SO sorry for Tito. She isn't even born, and she's already low on the priority list.

She mentions in her blog post that she's waited so long to shop, the crib may not even be there by the time she's born. This is NOT the behavior of a woman who desperately wanted and tried for years for a baby

MattressCrowSoapJar
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

She interrogated the Four Seasons staff about whether their chefs cut veggies and raw fish with the same knife. I hope Don left some enormous tips.

lipstick jungle

MattressCrowSoapJar wrote:She interrogated the Four Seasons staff about whether their chefs cut veggies and raw fish with the same knife. I hope Don left some enormous tips.
what? The chef?
The chef, as far as I know, doesn't even do any of the prep.

I wonder how insulted he was.... :lol:

But I think Jen asked the waiter IF ... I don't see her getting up or having the chef go to her table.

MattressCrowSoapJar
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

She actually said that "posting" is her "biggest passion." Not her family. Not the baby she supposedly struggled for. Not motherhood.

Showing STUFF and talking to a camera is the most important part of her life. :|

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

She starts the video off saying they spent half their time in Maui, half in Kona. More like you spent half your time at the FS in Maui and the other half in the FS in Kona :roll:

By her own admission, she doesn't talk much all day because she's "working". More proof that her and Don barely say 'boo' to one another. You know when you just get bad vibes off a couple? That's how I feel when I watch Jen and Don.

Isn't it hilarious that Don suddenly seems more into eating fish now that Jen has this alleged aversion? :lol: I don't recall him eating this much fish before.

Wow, she sounds adamant on not personally lifting a finger for "baby girl". There are lots of things knit by other people for her and she (Jen) is sticking with her passion right now which is posting. When other people show more involvement with your child...

I think it's HILARIOUS that people are asking her if they're moving. No one would think to ask a normal person living in a 4-5 bedroom home if they need to move because they had a baby. Again, just like the nanny questions, it shows you that on some level they acknowledge who Jen is and what she's about.

So she LOVES being so close to family but she dreams of living somewhere where there's no one around for miles and miles. She lays it on thick first (as always when it comes to the fam) before exposing how she really feels. I see what you did there :lol: Probably reading too much into it...but oh well!
Last edited by fiercelyprivate on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

MCSJ, I agree completely. She is so not caring about getting ready for baby. Maybe I speak for myself but that is the fun stuff. Setting up the room. Getting excited over the little things. I couldn't wait to register. I agree with her the room doesn't have to be ready but a women in her position with the time has no excuse. Except she doesn't care. Emily had to tell her to get cracking? The whole thing is sad. She barely mentions a baby. It's all about her. :(
We need to keep track of the gifts she gets and see if they are ever used. OL start filing.

fiercelyprivate
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Oh and she's not sure if people would be interested in hearing updates about the baby. But I see she had no reservations in thinking people wanted to hear about her pregnancy EVERY.DAMN.WEEK for 30 minutes. Not self-absorbed at all :roll:

loopyloo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by loopyloo »

lipstick jungle wrote:I hope there is a miracle and she changes when the baby comes.
But how many people have we know to change their ways because of kids alone?
I guess she will just put up a farce of perfect mother, perfect kid, perfect husband, with her empty eyes, a husband nowhere to be seen a dog that seems half dead, etc
I don't think having a child, or going through any big life experience, changes people. It just brings out existing aspects of your personality, good or bad. I have known women who were a bit self-absorbed, but basically warm-hearted underneath, become better people after having a kid. I have never seen someone who is utterly self-absorbed and shallow suddenly become a wonderful person. Jen is kind of cold to everyone in her life and is very self-obsessed so I haven't got my hopes up. I reckon she might do a good job of appearing to be the perfect mother on YT. She will sit there and talk in her girly voice and say the same things she hears other YT mummies say and her minions will fall for it.
MattressCrowSoapJar wrote:She interrogated the Four Seasons staff about whether their chefs cut veggies and raw fish with the same knife.
:o I bet they did after hearing that one! Does Jen not know about food safety training?! I hope she didn't also ask whether he washed his hands after having a wee!

Return to “Pretty Neat Living”