True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ItsWayPastMyBedTime (Carrie Fletcher) Part 2

Post by ifucsam »

Man her covers are not great are they?

Post by Guest »

They are not the best, no. They always feel really forced and overacted. Like she's desperately trying to show everyone how 'good' she is. Yeah she can sing but she's not the best singer in the world. I do think she is overrated.

Just saw in her tweets about the new cover and someone asking if it was a hint about an ex (Alex Day) and she basically said yeah. I get he hurt her by cheating on her but that was what, 2 years ago? Why is she still hung up on it if she's 'happy' with Pete? Why feel the need to STILL go on about how he broke her heart and stuff. Should't she have let go of all of that and moved on with Pete? It's just confusing as If she was really over him, she wouldn't even bother mentioning him let allow make covers so she can make digs. Anyone else find this odd or think she's not actually over him and uses Pete as a rebound?

helia
Informer
Informer

Post by helia »

Every time she covers a song from a musical you get a flood of comments saying "PETITION FOR CARRIE TO PLAY _____ IN THE WEST END". Luckily it's very unlikely she'd end up in Hamilton as she's white and blonde, pretty much the opposite of who they look to cast in that show (except the King). People are saying she puts a lot of emotion into her songs but I couldn't really feel it here, especially not in the "You, you you". She commented saying it wasn't supposed to be a performance, so maybe she could have done it better, but I simply don't get all the admirers that talk about her 'very emotional performances'.

That said, I've listened to the Hamilton soundtrack so many times and know that song so well that it doesn't sound as good or as raw being sung by anyone but the original actress.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

I usually like her covers, but the Hamilton one was so dull I couldnt even finish it. She has a gorgeous voice, but she doesnt try to sing in the style each song requires. Like She's always trying to show off how loud she can sing (kinda like Demi Lovato) which is something that doesnt suit every song

LaFleche
Informer
Informer

Post by LaFleche »

OT: I wish someone would finally tell her that these glasses look TERRIBLE on her.

Not a native English speaker, thank you.

kofi
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kofi »

Well, I rather like them. I think they are cute. She may not have the best face shape for them, but I like how she looks. Kinda retro.
What I've noticed is that her hair is looking a bit ratty and dry? I think she's growing it out, but she should consider cutting the ends because they look a bit unhealthy atm

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Not a fan of the sunglasses, I don't think they look good on anyone.

Also made a new thread http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=31290

Return to “Carrie Hope Fletcher”