biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shaaanxo

Post by biatchyhoney »

I had to. :lol:

i read someone commented that she didn't win that competition after all, and they said they read that on her FB page, but i searched all over it and i didn't see anything. does anyone know more?

Jemima
Talker
Talker

Re: Shaaanxo

Post by Jemima »

Really? Weird, I think she came second but the person who came first used a vote for vote website so they got disqualified. I remember that being posted on her Facebook but I haven't looked to see if that has changed. Maybe the person was referring to that?

I don't get she wants a boob job though cause in one of her Halloween tutorials her boobs looked huge, I guess she could have been wearing a push up bra. Small boobs have an advantage when it comes to clothes, cause I noticed with my sister (whose big chested) that she made some dresses look hookerish that looked fine on me (smaller chest). I think I just find it ironic how girls who are big chested want small boobs, and small chested girls want big boobs. Just goes to show we are never happy the way we are haha

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

I read about it. They gave first prize to the other girl who won initially using vote-for-vote.
Apparently the company who ran the competition (Somino?) are asking them to keep quite about it and are just giving them some consolation prize instead? It's funny how the people who commented on that status are saying they should take it to Target and Fair Go (NZ TV shows). I find that laughable. I mean really, what are they going to do about it?? :rofl:

Jemima
Talker
Talker

Post by Jemima »

Hahahahaha yea I can't see fair go or target doing something about it. I think there are more pressing issues in the world that they would rather deal with. I remember her posting about being so happy to win after the girl got disqualified so I bet she would be pissed/disappointed that it was given to the other girl.

In one of her videos (the look book one) she didn't wear a slip under her dress which was white/see-through :? All I'm saying is that last dress needs something under it so we can't see her underwear.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Is this the general thread about her or just about the competition?

Anyway, I like her a lot, she's really down to earth in some way, but the way she dresses is so tacky sometimes :?

But wow, I felt bad for her when she broke up with her ex boyfriend and he tried to sue her.

Post by Guest »

It's not so much her, it's the way she presents herself which is that of a skank.

I can handle her WAY more than I can beautybybrittneyx and shellbarbie though. Those two are completely skankified.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

britneyiswhatever wrote:It's not so much her, it's the way she presents herself which is that of a skank.

I can handle her WAY more than I can beautybybrittneyx and shellbarbie though. Those two are completely skankified.
beautybybrittneyx - wow, nice eye brows
shellbarbie - the swearing girl....

The only thing that annoys me with Shaanxo is that she used her subs to try to win a contest, I feel like it's sort of wrong. As a person with a substantial following, does she really need to abuse the power?

Also, I've seen her tweet things in the past like "if I reach this many votes on wtv, then I'll add more to the giveaway/another winner ..." .... ok, not word per word, but something along those lines. I think it's SO tacky to overtly bribe subscribers with a giveaway to earn votes....

Side note - I'm over the fact that she dresses skanky, I was never subscribed to her for the way that she dresses... some of her product reviews are useful, her makeup is over done... but at least we know she has used the products before talking about them!

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

she always says that she has days when she wears no makeup but i hardly doubt that seeing that she wears false eyelashes all the time.

i'm going to repeat what i said in the other thread that i feel like she's just churning out the videos now, quantity over quality. all her halloween videos were really boring and unoriginal, and now she's doing the whole "see you in 2 days!" thing which is annoying, like...i'd rather see good videos sporadically than shitty ones every 2nd day.

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

socialight wrote: The only thing that annoys me with Shaanxo is that she used her subs to try to win a contest, I feel like it's sort of wrong. As a person with a substantial following, does she really need to abuse the power?
i understand when other gurus ask their subs to vote for a blog/beauty related contest, but for a contest which is just for their own personal gain? that's just shitty.

Jemima
Talker
Talker

Post by Jemima »

biatchyhoney wrote:she always says that she has days when she wears no makeup but i hardly doubt that seeing that she wears false eyelashes all the time.

i'm going to repeat what i said in the other thread that i feel like she's just churning out the videos now, quantity over quality. all her halloween videos were really boring and unoriginal, and now she's doing the whole "see you in 2 days!" thing which is annoying, like...i'd rather see good videos sporadically than shitty ones every 2nd day.
I think she said she has days when she wears less makeup which I think for her consists of bb cream and some other stuff but tbh the bb cream she has (which I have) has foundation like coverage so it's not really a no make up look. And about the false eyelash thing, she has got eyelash extensions on in some of her videos, I can't remember the video but there was one when they were so friggin long they looked ridiculous, idn but it reminded me of spiders crawling out her eyes haha

psichedeliche
Learner
Learner

Post by psichedeliche »

I always thought she was pretty okay with her makeup but her halloween creepy doll look?
So bad. I would have been embarrassed to put it online.

Also her eyelash extensions look weird and i think she puts falsies over the top so why'd she even bother?

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I don't understand how her makeup doesn't look cakey since she puts a lot!
Also, am I the only one who things that her foundations are orange? they don't match her tan.

Wtf with her the balm video, she put way too much bronzer.

Post by Guest »

I totally agree - her makeup looks orange almost. It's not the right color for her skin, unless her lighting is messing with it. It looks....weird.

It's not the way she dresses (though yes that is included) more than I just generally see her as a skank. She may be a really sweet girl, but still skank.
Not impressed.

Her Halloween tutorials were horrible. The doll was the worst, but the rest were all copies. I don't know if it was just me, but I almost felt....dirty...after watching them. She doesn't strike me as the most hygenic person on youtube.

My opinion though.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

psichedeliche wrote:I always thought she was pretty okay with her makeup but her halloween creepy doll look?
So bad. I would have been embarrassed to put it online.

Also her eyelash extensions look weird and i think she puts falsies over the top so why'd she even bother?
She likes the "fake" look of course. Fake hair, fake lashes, fake nails and fake boobs.

azealia
Informer
Informer

Post by azealia »

Diorette wrote:But wow, I felt bad for her when she broke up with her ex boyfriend and he tried to sue her.
What exactly did he try and sue her for? I guess something like putting his images online...

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

azealia wrote:
Diorette wrote:But wow, I felt bad for her when she broke up with her ex boyfriend and he tried to sue her.
What exactly did he try and sue her for? I guess something like putting his images online...
Yeah, it was something like that, I think that because she put videos with him "without" his permission (how stupid considering he was 100% ok with her doing that before)

takenbythesea
Talker
Talker

Post by takenbythesea »

I've only recently subscribed to this girl... I feel like her personality in her beauty vids is almost at odds with her vlogs... she seems very genuine and lovely in the former, and a bit rude and almost trashy in her vlogs. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick and I need to watch a few more vids before I pass judgement.

Post by Guest »

I use to watch her videos when she had dark hair. I liked her a lot better then, and now she seems kind of trashy. Her hair is so damaged too! It was much better dark. Plus she looks so much like me which is always helpful when searching for a beauty guru, but she wears way too much makeup so I would just tone down her looks (a lot) on myself.

Jemima
Talker
Talker

Post by Jemima »

SugarBat wrote:I use to watch her videos when she had dark hair. I liked her a lot better then, and now she seems kind of trashy. Her hair is so damaged too! It was much better dark. Plus she looks so much like me which is always helpful when searching for a beauty guru, but she wears way too much makeup so I would just tone down her looks (a lot) on myself.
Me too, I liked her with dark hair way better. I didn't like her blonde hair in the video where she was testing the Balm products because it looked purple on some parts and then she had dark roots, it looked weird. I also would like to see her try different lipstick shades as she always uses a nude colour so it would be nice to see some variation.

Post by Guest »

Jemima wrote:
SugarBat wrote:I use to watch her videos when she had dark hair. I liked her a lot better then, and now she seems kind of trashy. Her hair is so damaged too! It was much better dark. Plus she looks so much like me which is always helpful when searching for a beauty guru, but she wears way too much makeup so I would just tone down her looks (a lot) on myself.
Me too, I liked her with dark hair way better. I didn't like her blonde hair in the video where she was testing the Balm products because it looked purple on some parts and then she had dark roots, it looked weird. I also would like to see her try different lipstick shades as she always uses a nude colour so it would be nice to see some variation.

Yeah the nude lip needs a rest. I'm all for changing up your look but she practically shoves it in people's faces. If you watch any one of her older videos where she had darker hair she puts annotation links to her "How I lost weight" video.

Return to “Shaaanxo”