Beauty Bound Asia

Beauty Bound Asia

Post by Guest »

beautyboundasia.com - yet another pet project that she's moving to Tokyo for.

Epic811
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Beauty Bound Asia

Post by Epic811 »

Why japan? So she can use it as an excuse to act all "kawaiii~~~"?
Why won't she just move to Vietnam, at least that will allow her to learn and explore what her homeland has to offer. Eat all the damn chicken pho she wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigmouthstrikesagain
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bigmouthstrikesagain »

I have an urge to punch her face.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Bring on the Otaku wannabeisms. -barf-

slgnouasgou
Learner
Learner

Post by slgnouasgou »

I'm not sure why she would choose Japan (not that it's not an awesome country)....Korea's the Asian hard-hitter in beauty and cosmetics.

Post by Guest »

slgnouasgou wrote:I'm not sure why she would choose Japan (not that it's not an awesome country)....Korea's the Asian hard-hitter in beauty and cosmetics.
I think they are setting HQ in Tokyo where her investors are based, which explains why she's been flying there earlier in the year.

Heypetal
Talker
Talker

Post by Heypetal »

What will this company be doing exactly? To be honest, I'm not sure what Michelle actually does aside from Youtube. And she's been awfully quiet about eM for a long time now (at least on her Instagram since that's the only thing I follow her on).

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Heypetal wrote:What will this company be doing exactly? To be honest, I'm not sure what Michelle actually does aside from Youtube. And she's been awfully quiet about eM for a long time now (at least on her Instagram since that's the only thing I follow her on).
If she ends up making more lifestyle advertisement like Summer Goals and Let's Go Glamping, forget about it. They all suck.

A girl can hope that she gets makeup lessons.

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

What does investors see in her?
She's not talented and her fans are slowly declining as we speak because she is always on the late bus when it come to new trends.

Also, she's old..she's not exactly young anymore and should be looking into something more stable instead of trying to look like she's still in her early 20s where she can do things without looking completely out of place.

Despite being involved in multiple projects, all of them never became a success. Only thing worthy of mention is ipsy, but even so...she's barely involved in the decisions making as she is only the co founder and shareholder. She's not the CEO, she's isn't involved in the actual process. She's not a part of the creative team.

She doesn't look young or attractive because of her decisions to change her facials into an ideal. If anything...it destroyed her youth as a result.

Usually those who get popular in Japan are those who are completely weird oddballs...no offense. Like ppl who look like dolls or just have an unique talent....but those ppl only last for a few years and they go back to normal life. So what does Michelle have that can entertain the Japanese? Her egg looking head? Or her try hard behaviors in order to convince people that she is still the "bomb"!

Epic811
Informer
Informer

Post by Epic811 »

What does investors see in her?
She's not talented and her fans are slowly declining as we speak because she is always on the late bus when it come to new trends.

Also, she's old..she's not exactly young anymore and should be looking into something more stable instead of trying to look like she's still in her early 20s where she can do things without looking completely out of place.

Despite being involved in multiple projects, all of them never became a success. Only thing worthy of mention is ipsy, but even so...she's barely involved in the decisions making as she is only the co founder and shareholder. She's not the CEO, she's isn't involved in the actual process. She's not a part of the creative team.

She doesn't look young or attractive because of her decisions to change her facials into an ideal. If anything...it destroyed her youth as a result.

Usually those who get popular in Japan are those who are completely weird oddballs...no offense. Like ppl who look like dolls or just have an unique talent....but those ppl only last for a few years and they go back to normal life. So what does Michelle have that can entertain the Japanese? Her egg looking head? Or her try hard behaviors in order to convince people that she is still the "bomb"!

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Yet ANOTHER project for her to dig her grubby little hands into? Gah give it a rest, Michelle. Here's a thought: why don't you focus on improving the (crappy) projects you already have going on before undertaking something new? It's so obvious that the woman is driven by her egoic need to build an empire / be seen as a powerful boss lady. :roll: This really became evident when she shared two articles in the same day on her Facebook (back in April) saying that she's gonna be the next Oprah. She didn't have to share both (or either) of those articles, but she did because it fed her ego being compared to Oprah.

With the exception of Ipsy, I just can't understand why she doesn't set out to create purpose-driven companies rather than taking on half-assed projects that dwindle over time. She goes on and on about how passionate she is, how she dreamed of having her own makeup line blah, blah, blah. And just look at em cosmetics. They never updated their website or YouTube channel with the prom & beach looks they were shooting in NY three months ago. So strange. I know I've said this before, but emcosmetics.com really looks inactive on the brand's side and like at any minute they're gonna mark down their products with a 'special price'. Her shit is already being sold at a discount in outlet centers. :lol: It's actually quite embarrassing that people who didn't have her opportunities or huge following/influence are managing to establish more successful beauty-related companies than hers. Tata Harper, for example, whose line is now being sold at Sephora. What's Michelle's excuse?

She's such a joke.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

snuffy777 wrote:Yet ANOTHER project for her to dig her grubby little hands into? Gah give it a rest, Michelle. Here's a thought: why don't you focus on improving the (crappy) projects you already have going on before undertaking something new? It's so obvious that the woman is driven by her egoic need to build an empire / be seen as a powerful boss lady. :roll: This really became evident when she shared two articles in the same day on her Facebook (back in April) saying that she's gonna be the next Oprah. She didn't have to share both (or either) of those articles, but she did because it fed her ego being compared to Oprah.

With the exception of Ipsy, I just can't understand why she doesn't set out to create purpose-driven companies rather than taking on half-assed projects that dwindle over time. She goes on and on about how passionate she is, how she dreamed of having her own makeup line blah, blah, blah. And just look at em cosmetics. They never updated their website or YouTube channel with the prom & beach looks they were shooting in NY three months ago. So strange. I know I've said this before, but emcosmetics.com really looks inactive on the brand's side and like at any minute they're gonna mark down their products with a 'special price'. Her shit is already being sold at a discount in outlet centers. :lol: It's actually quite embarrassing that people who didn't have her opportunities or huge following/influence are managing to establish more successful beauty-related companies than hers. Tata Harper, for example, whose line is now being sold at Sephora. What's Michelle's excuse?

She's such a joke.
Screencapped it for you.

Chiyou
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Chiyou »

https://www.techinasia.com/michelle-pha ... expansion/

Can someone weed through all of the bullshit that this article quoted from Michelle and give me a TL;DR?

Because my eyes glaze over every time I read anything from Michelle that uses business vernacular and vocabulary.

To me, that whole article reads like this: "I'm moving to Japan to expand business. I don't know how I will be expanding my business there or if my business will even be welcome there because of the existing competition, but I'm doing it anyway and I guess we'll find out when we get there!"

She's so lucky that she has investors and sponsors for this shit. Jumping into a new market completely blind is an amateur move on any entrepreneur's part.

With the advent of online meetings and conference calls, she doesn't NEED to move to Japan. She just need a TEAM in Japan. A team that is already rooted in the Japanese market, consumer base, and economy that can TEACH her what it'll be like to open shop in Japan. A lot of reports and data and information to absorb and read that she can do ON THE COMPUTER. Being in Japan isn't going to help her make smarter business decisions; it'll help her become more familiar with the pop culture, sure, but that is only important if she plans on being in the creative team as well. If she plans on being part of the upper management like the article makes it sound like she is, the economy of a country is best understood on paper, with numbers, graphs, and trends that you study, not by moving over there just to sit in meetings, nod along and smile while everyone else is talking over your head.

Post by Guest »

I think she's needed there physically to shoot for promotional materials etc. She's cashing in on her popularity hence the investors/sponsors. After all these years, we should know she's nothing but an empty shell with a recognizable face.

Return to “Michelle Phan”