Smoking

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Smoking.

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I don't smoke and I really dislike cigarettes the smell everything about them. I really get upset when I see parents or people smoking around children/babies. I think it is so unfair to make children smell like ashtrays. I also don't like how smokers will smoke around people who don't smoke like it all good. If you want to pollute and poison your body that's on you. Please don't do it around me and my children.

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

methadonepretty wrote:It's cheaper to buy baccie and smoke rollies in the UK, how does that translate abroad? A 12.5g bag lasts me about twice as long as a 20 pack of straights would, and costs a bit less...
Yes, I'm definitely looking into that as well. I'm so NOT dextrous though, :D I'd have to get that roller to make them.

I even don't like people who smoke at the bus stop.. it's annoying. Wait a few minutes or step a few meters away..Geez.
I think that it's really about being rude rather than being a smoker. I wish that the same thing could be applied to people with poor hygiene.. :?
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

methadonepretty wrote:It's cheaper to buy baccie and smoke rollies in the UK, how does that translate abroad? A 12.5g bag lasts me about twice as long as a 20 pack of straights would, and costs a bit less...
That's what my cousin does who lives right outside of London. He was so happy when he visisted Canada so that his wallet could have a small sigh of relief. Here with the Indians on their reservations you can get 200 cigs for 10-12$ and they're what I call organic aka without all of the processed chemicals in them. You can tell a difference in health here in Canada among the smokers of who smokes at the gas station kind and who smokes Indians. That's one big advantage Canada has are those reserves.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

tamithomas wrote:
That's what my cousin does who lives right outside of London. He was so happy when he visisted Canada so that his wallet could have a small sigh of relief. Here with the Indians on their reservations you can get 200 cigs for 10-12$ and they're what I call organic aka without all of the processed chemicals in them. You can tell a difference in health here in Canada among the smokers of who smokes at the gas station kind and who smokes Indians. That's one big advantage Canada has are those reserves.
Except the indian reserve cigerattes taste like sh!t. My bf's mom smokes those.

I used to be a smoker, almost 1 year smoke-free, pretty happy about that, it's a disgusting habit.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

smashthebox wrote:Except the indian reserve cigerattes taste like sh!t. My bf's mom smokes those.

I used to be a smoker, almost 1 year smoke-free, pretty happy about that, it's a disgusting habit.
I didn't find lol but it's each to their own. When I was a smoker I couldn't stand Export'A. The only store bought ones I could stand where Du Maurier's and Peter Jackson's. Menthal's I can only stand them if I'm smoking them myself but can't stand the second hand smell. However I bite my tongue when my step dad is here because it's what he smokes and the smell gets covered over by my mom and hubby's normal smoke. 2 weeks smoke free myself, mainly just for money reasons. With only one smoker in the house the smokes last twice as long.

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

*were, not where.

nooeydee
Talker
Talker

Post by nooeydee »

1. I do during finals and when drinking

2. Camel Crush

4. Hilarious, we bummed a cigarette off my friend's older co worker and it ws one cigarette to a group of 4 girls.

methadonepretty
Talker
Talker

Post by methadonepretty »

sleep84 wrote:
Yes, I'm definitely looking into that as well. I'm so NOT dextrous though, :D I'd have to get that roller to make them.

I even don't like people who smoke at the bus stop.. it's annoying. Wait a few minutes or step a few meters away..Geez.
I think that it's really about being rude rather than being a smoker. I wish that the same thing could be applied to people with poor hygiene.. :?
Aye, I smoke at bus stops, but away from the people, and never around kids, like if im outside a family pub I'd move away from the sitting area. However it really bugs me when I get tutted at...if Im smoking near you, either move away or ask me to go away/stop and I totally will..but passive aggressive tutting is getting you no where love!

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

methadonepretty wrote:
sleep84 wrote:

Aye, I smoke at bus stops, but away from the people, and never around kids, like if im outside a family pub I'd move away from the sitting area. However it really bugs me when I get tutted at...if Im smoking near you, either move away or ask me to go away/stop and I totally will..but passive aggressive tutting is getting you no where love!
If I could thank your post more than once, I would!

SoOriginal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SoOriginal »

I love it when I'm on break at work, sitting right under the designated smoking spot sign and the people who are parked at the curb in front of me stare at me with a bitch face. 1) you shouldn't be parked there to begin with, it's the fire lane. 2) roll up your window instead of rudely staring at me for the entire 15 mins.

methadonepretty
Talker
Talker

Post by methadonepretty »

It's so typical, its like they go out of their way to be annoyed!

sleep84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sleep84 »

SoOriginal wrote:I love it when I'm on break at work, sitting right under the designated smoking spot sign and the people who are parked at the curb in front of me stare at me with a bitch face. 1) you shouldn't be parked there to begin with, it's the fire lane. 2) roll up your window instead of rudely staring at me for the entire 15 mins.
ahahahahah omg!!! that's awesome! :lol:
Pardon my typos, I have a rubbish keyboard. :P

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

Yea there's annoying extremists on both ends of the spectrum. My husband actually got a ticket in San Fransisco when he was a truck driver for smoking in his own truck. He got a ticket for having the window open only one inch. Dumbest law ever! 150$ later. However on the other end, drives me nuts when smokers feel like their rights should infringe on non-smokers. Smokers decide to smoke, non-smokers don't. However non smokers shouldn't treat smokers like they're criminals. It's really a catch 22.

doodle
Learner
Learner

Post by doodle »

1.occasionally at parties
2. Kent click
3. 14 i think
4.i coughed a bit :)

Monicaq
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Smoking

Post by Monicaq »

I need to finally stop smoking but I just can't do it....

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

mia8 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:07 am
I know there are many contradicting opinions regarding smoking,but I have to say that as soon as I quitted I started feeling and breating better and easier. I couldn't do that cold turkey, but vaping and ceramic vape cartridges rather helpful.
REMOVED LINKS. NO OUTSIDE LINKS.

Mischief

Post by Mischief »

Smoking is gross! Don't do it friends... you'll get premature wrinkles on top of hurting your lungs

And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed...Just to get it all out, what's in my head...And I, I am feeling a little peculiar...And so I wake in the morning and I step outside...And I take a deep breath and I get real high...And I scream from the top of my lungs..."What's going on?"...

Selia11
Debater
Debater

Post by Selia11 »

I don’t smoke and I hate it. I’m allergic and whenever someone is smoking close by me I start sneezing.

tar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tar »

I have never smoked. I find it to be a disgusting habit. I watched my dad quit the habit cold turkey when I was young. I never
wanted to go through that.

Return to “Health”