gizmodian
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Olivia Jade

Post by gizmodian »

Gurugossiping wrote:
azarena95 wrote:
stellalou8 wrote: I don’t think the statement means that if the students had been minors, they cannot be expelled from the school.
why do you think they had to add that in then? idk I just found it odd for them to randomly add that into the statement.
i would assume they’d still be expelled, just not punished like their parents for breaking the law.
Agreed. Even though high school students may be underaged when they apply for college, I'm pretty sure they have to sign their applications and agree that everything they've presented on their application is true and correct and if it is found to not be true then they would potentially have their admission revoked because their acceptance to the school is based on whatever they have listed on their application. And it's not whatever "my mommy and daddy" have listed on my college application.

stellalou8
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by stellalou8 »

Likely the people Olivia and her family associate with are super image obsessed as well. Doubt they will have many or any ‘friends’ left.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

stellalou8 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:06 pm
And ‘fear of bullying’ - are they trying to make themselves the victims here
"Sources". If Olivia or the family would come out with something like this, that would not the best PR move if Olivia still want a career in social media / YT... She didn't make an apology yet or a statement, if I was her I would make an apology ASAP rather than 'sources' making things just worst.

This is in the news, the 'real' news, my mom talk about it, she doesn't even watch Hallmark movies / Full House. No, Olivia will lose all her sponsors, be seen the spoiled rich kid who just want to party at her parents paid/bribe school, the silver spoon-fed girl who make average YT lifestyle / fashion videos... I really feel they should make a apology that doesn't totally suck, I think people might be hating them no matter what, but this is better than silence, I think silence is more insulting, like they really don't care about other people than themselves.
Last edited by Nance on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

azarena95
Learner
Learner

Post by azarena95 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
azarena95 wrote:
stellalou8 wrote: I don’t think the statement means that if the students had been minors, they cannot be expelled from the school.
why do you think they had to add that in then? idk I just found it odd for them to randomly add that into the statement.
i would assume they’d still be expelled, just not punished like their parents for breaking the law.

I mean, yeah.. but the schools don't determine the law punishment. Only their academic punishment.

stellalou8
Learner
Learner

Post by stellalou8 »

I don’t think Olivia’s in the position to make an apology, even if she wanted to. I don’t think the students involved being charged is off the table. Not to mention her parents’ situation. She has to keep her mouth shut.
Last edited by stellalou8 on Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

tctp wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:15 pm
monak wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:01 pm
Lori Loughlin's Daughters Olivia and Isabella Not Returning to USC http://www.tmz.com/2019/03/14/lori-loug ... ge-bribery
Our sources say Olivia in particular "is a mess, despondent and feeling like it's the end of the world."

whatever PR firm her dad's assistant hired for them is really leaning in hard on the victim angle........
Or TMZ make shit up to stir the pot since this drama story is hot. Everyone hate a 'woe is me' rich kid and they know it.

azarena95
Learner
Learner

Post by azarena95 »

yikes "effective immediately" - not even sugar coating it lmao the tone is so condescending
go Sephora!

spookytea
Learner
Learner

Post by spookytea »

Nance wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 pm
stellalou8 wrote:
"Sources". If Olivia or the family would come out with something like this, that would not the best PR move if Olivia still want a career in social media / YT... She didn't make an apology yet or a statement, if I was her I would make an apology ASAP rather than 'sources' making things just worst.

This isn't a Ace Family case where the little lick a penis lollipop and be quiet and not talk about and people will stop talking about it because it will be old news. This is in the news, the 'real' news, my mom talk about it, she doesn't even watch Hallmark movies / Full House. No, Olivia will lose all her sponsors, be seen the spoiled rich kid who just want to party at her parents paid/bribe school, the silver spoon-fed girl who make average YT lifestyle / fashion videos... I really feel they should make a apology that doesn't totally suck, I think people might be hating them no matter what, but this is better than silence, I think silence is more insulting, like they really don't care about other people than themselves.
who knows, maybe she wants to make a public apology and at least try to salvage her career. the thing is, even if she wants to, she probably can't do that right now because the entire family is almost definitely under legal advisement to keep quiet to avoid further implicating themselves. like you said, this isn't the ace family - i mean, her parents are both going to be in federal court in two weeks. it's serious, not the kind of thing you can just make a YT apology video about.

sparklesandsequins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sparklesandsequins »

I'm pleasantly surprised how fast she's getting stripped of all her youtube deals.

stellalou8
Learner
Learner

Post by stellalou8 »

Nance wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 pm
stellalou8 wrote:

This is in the news, the 'real' news, my mom talk about it, she doesn't even watch Hallmark movies / Full House. No, Olivia will lose all her sponsors, be seen the spoiled rich kid who just want to party at her parents paid/bribe school, the silver spoon-fed girl who make average YT lifestyle / fashion videos... I really feel they should make a apology that doesn't totally suck, I think people might be hating them no matter what, but this is better than silence, I think silence is more insulting, like they really don't care about other people than themselves.
They are in serious legal trouble. What good would an apology do? It’s not going to get them their jobs and sponsorships back, and it could make their legal situation worse.
Seems quite obvious they don’t care about people other than themselves anyways.

Nance
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Nance »

I don't know, for me, making zero statement, at this point and magnitude, is a career killer.

Post by Guest »

I don't know why, but it's so satisfying to see shitty people get caught and crumble.

I never even cared about Olivia before, but I've been following this thread for the past couple of days. And as a college student, let me say, justice is SWEET :rofl:

Strawbs123
Debater
Debater

Post by Strawbs123 »

I’m trying to think of another scandal on this scale that the person involved recovered from... can anyone think of one? this will follow her forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

Nance wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:03 pm
I don't know, for me, making zero statement, at this point and magnitude, is a career killer.
The magnitude of the offense is entirely different, but I think Laura Lees infamous apology video has made every YTer think twice...

Since actual crimes are involved, keeping quiet is the way to go IMO

CanYouBelieve_This
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CanYouBelieve_This »

Paparazzi have gotten photos of Bella arriving back at their house from wherever she was... now we wait to see the first photos of Olivia 😂

somethingreally
Stalker
Stalker

Post by somethingreally »

[/quote]

i really doubt the boyfriend will stick around. he comes from an actually 'rich' family - bill guthy, his dad, has a net worth of at least $500 million compared to mossimo's $80 mil - and i doubt they want to be associated with the giannullis right now. he doesn't strike me as the type to weather this out with olivia and potentially risk his parents' financial support and status.
[/quote]

I think this Reddit post pretty accurately depicts the differences in wealth when it comes with 80m vs 500m

I'm a dumbass, and I forgot to actually include the post, lmao

Amelielemieux
Learner
Learner

Post by Amelielemieux »

Seaside22
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Seaside22 »

whydoicare67 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:13 pm
Nance wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:03 pm
The magnitude of the offense is entirely different, but I think Laura Lees infamous apology video has made every YTer think twice...

Since actual crimes are involved, keeping quiet is the way to go IMO
Olivia and Bella could also be indited and charged with crimes as they knowingly went along with the scam. Legally, they shouldn’t say a word until the case is closed as it could all be used against them.

Xoxogabby
Debater
Debater

Post by Xoxogabby »

CanYouBelieve_This wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 pm
Paparazzi have gotten photos of Bella arriving back at their house from wherever she was... now we wait to see the first photos of Olivia 😂
Where are you getting these photos from? Can’t find them !

CanYouBelieve_This
Lurker
Lurker

Post by CanYouBelieve_This »

Xoxogabby wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:05 pm
CanYouBelieve_This wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:16 pm
Where are you getting these photos from? Can’t find them !
Here’s a link! https://hollywoodlife.com/pics/isabella ... so-yacht-3

Return to “Olivia Jade”