Stephanie Lange

HeRainaa
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stephanie Lange

Post by HeRainaa »

I couldn't find any threadS about her,so I created one.Ok guys,I hate this girl so much.I can't stand her awful makeup skills,her obsession with rosy lipsticks and crazy overlining,her eyeshadow technique which is the same in every single makeup look and the tacky white eyeliner in her inner rim which makes her eyes look even more droopy.I don't understand how some people think this is what good makeup looks like.I mean,most of the time her face looks dirty!!She did a room tour once,you can't imagine how unorganized and dirty her makeup room looked like.How can a client trust her if she keeps her stuff so dirty?I don't care about her furniturebut as a professional,she should at least clean her space a little bit in order to show it to her subscribers and possible clients.She buys products from Glambot(a website that sells second hand high end makeup)and uses them on CLIENTS.That sounds so unprofessional to me.Lastly,i hate how insecure she is.She always talks about loving yourself and natural beauty,even though in her half face makeup videos SHE OVERLINES HER LIPS IN THE NATURAL SIDE and puts concealer under the eye.Any opinions on this girl?

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Stephanie Lange

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

Hi, we have discussed her before click here:
http://www.gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.p ... e#p1453654

donewiththisshit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by donewiththisshit »

I absolutely hate her, she sermd like the biggest bitch ever, and her techniques suck.

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

That's a rave thread though.

I don't like her either. She's really twitchy/jittery and it kind of creeps me out. I agree that her makeup isn't very good. The contouring is too much, too dark, too warm. And yeah, the white rim does emphasize the drooping. She seriously transforms herself though. Like, I remember the first time I saw a Sharon Farrell video, she jumped from an after makeup shot to a before it shocked me. But this girl puts sharon to shame. I also agree that the self confidence comes off as a facade, which is kind of sad, but I would appreciate more honesty.

travis17
Informer
Informer

Post by travis17 »

She goes overboard with the make-up, it doesn't even look good anymore. Is or was she a legit mua? Because she doesn't seem to have any other tricks up her sleeve than her go-to 80's barbie make up look. I would love to see a professional do her make-up and tone that mess down a bit. :HK:

HeRainaa
Learner
Learner

Post by HeRainaa »

She is a makeup artist,she also has a portfolio,but I don't really like her work.She seems to me like one of those people who work hard and practise,but their lack of talent shows through everytime.It also bothers me that she never buff the products into the skin,her bronzer,contour,eyeshadow look very intense and like they are sitting on her skin,instead being a part of it.Although I have to admit she is way better at doing makeup on others than herself.

imnotfatimbigboned
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by imnotfatimbigboned »

milanese15 wrote:That's a rave thread though.
If you keep scrolling down you will see that its not all rainbows and unicorns. lol

Hadto
Learner
Learner

Post by Hadto »

I have learnt some techniques off her, though I tone them down a bit ;) I find it hard to listen to her speak, it is like she ran a race then made a video. She sounds so like she grew an extra tongue, and can't figure out how to speak at regular pace or in a regular manner! Also, noticed she's succumbed to making the usual videos that are doing the rounds : Perfect Body Tea, Hairfinity etc.

donewiththisshit
Lurker
Lurker

Post by donewiththisshit »

Her voice is just so sharp, it makes her seem like some kind of sociopath

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

Hazel
Informer
Informer

Post by Hazel »

I hate how she seems to talk down to her viewers as though she's an expert on everything. She tries to come across as very informative but I find her technique to be too harsh. Her contouring videos are awful- she just ends up with orange stripes on her face and she brought the contour down far too low to the side of her mouth in the pale skin one that she ended up looking like the joker.

HeRainaa
Learner
Learner

Post by HeRainaa »

^Absolutely agree with you.I don't like her eyeshadow technique either,her neutral looks and her smokeys look exactly the same,with different colours everytime.She doesn't seem to know what looks best on her,because her eyes are extremely round and the way she applies eyeshadow makes them look even rounder and weird.But the worst thing about her is how passive agressive she is.She tries so hard to come across as friendly,sweet and honest,and if you disagree with her makeup application her reply will always be toxic.She did a halloween vampire tutorial once,which was absolutely horrible and it looked nothing like a vampire(just VERY thick winged eyeliner and a red glossy lip.Nothing else).One girl,very politely commented that it didn't look like a vampire and that she should tone down a little bit the eyeliner for this look,and she instantly got defensive saying it is a halloween look(thanks for the info Stephanie,because you know,we thought it was an everyday makeup tutorial,lol)and that she will do it as thick as she wants!Girl,not everyone is jealous of you.Some people are too honest to sit down and kiss your ass,just pay attention to every single comment you get,not only to the ass-kissing ones,because some of them might help you improve.
This is the tutorial i'm talking about:

By the way,it's funny how she keeps promoting Glambot to her viewers,while the prices in this website are usually 3-5 dollars down from the original price.

Auswonder
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Auswonder »

She's way too bloody hyper or something it's awful to listen to.
Also I hate it how she takes the piss out of her subscribers like imitates a commenter with a whiny voice and a shitty look on her face
So fucking rude

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amanda711
Learner
Learner

Post by amanda711 »

Although I find that she applies her makeup far too excessively and harshly, I've actually found some of her hooded eye technique videos to be helpful. I have slightly hooded eyes and have been disappointed when makeup looks look off on my eyes.

Buuut, that's about it. The amount of makeup she applies gives her a clownish appearance that never seems to look put together right. Her personality and voice definitely can be abrasive and tiring after a while, she should definitely tone down the half-screaming at the camera.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

I was subbed to her for a few weeks. The lips being overdrawn look weird on her. She does typical IG/drag makeup with sharp angles and tons of makeup, but it's like she never went to school for it or isn't licensed.

Earl_Grey
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Earl_Grey »

I'm sick of how many of her videos are just sponsored videos or some motivational speech. What caused me to unsubscribe was the fact that in an old video she said she had no problem with sponsorships if she "actually believed in the product," but it seems like she just cares about the money.

For example, few weeks ago she was raving about Hair La Vie hair growth vitamins in a video (I remember because her review along with others' caused me to buy some for myself), but now recently she posted a video about how she's been using Hairfinity and how her hair has grown SO MUCH...and the Hair La Vie video is now set to private (I checked the link from my history). It just struck me as so much more disingenuous than a normal sponsorship because it was so sneaky--she went through the effort of taking down her last video.

It's pretty disappointing because she used to post so many more makeup videos, but now she's basically just an advertisement channel.

INdifferent
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by INdifferent »

^^ I totally agree with you. A while back she made a video basically making fun of beauty gurus, and how they are sell outs but she's genuine, and she's turned into one of them.

The only positive thing I've gained from her channel is confidence in my skin, because I'm so used to seeing people with good skin, and coming from someone with redness, acne and marks it made me feel less secure, but her channel has given my self esteem a boost knowing that there are people with skin like mine.
Please bear with me, English is my second language

FinallyHere
Learner
Learner

Post by FinallyHere »

I have no clue why it took me so long to look for a thread on this bitch. She is so condescending and basically hangs her hat on the fact that she's a licensed makeup artist/cosmetologist/whatever to place herself above other YouTubers. Her makeup skills are whatever, nothing special and entirely uninspired, but the fact that she acts so superior really bothers me. She's constantly shitting all over self-taught artists and implying that their instruction is not legitimate because they don't have the certification and experience she does. She's also a mega elitist about the makeup she uses. There's nothing wrong with using all Chanel products if that's your thing, but she acts like she is the second coming of Christ because she doesn't use drugstore products like all the other plebeians on YouTube do.

She's pretty but she has some seriously psycho eyes. She talks to her viewers like they're kindergarteners when she's explaining a technique and the constant upspeak (every sentence sounds like a question) makes me want to barf. She pretty much only replies to comments when they're negative, so needless to say, her channel and IG are riddled with negativity, mostly cultured by herself. She's good at full-coverage makeup and covering up imperfections -- duh, her skin is awful -- which is how I found her, but I can definitely think of a ton of YouTubers who are just as informational as she is without being self-righteous diva gremlins. I also hate that stupid pouty face she does, even when she's just talking and not mugging for the camera. What the hell is up with this woman?! And how can anyone watch her videos and come to the conclusion that she is genuine and sweet?!?!?!?!?!! I always feel like if I comment on a video she'll bite my head off! And this is at 300k. Imagine if she ever got to 1m. I shudder.

BTW, that vampire makeup tutorial is awful. The eye makeup looks ridiculous on her. And she's like "I'm going to make my eyebrows very exaggerated and angular" and proceeds to fill them in normally but a little darker. LOL ok.

Earl_Grey
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Earl_Grey »

Have you seen her latest favorites video? Just more proof she's an advertisement channel more than anything to do with beauty.

She's reviewing the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipstick, and when she's talking about how great is she says something like she applied it in the morning and she even had lunch at around 03:48 in the video, but then she complains about how hungry she is because she hasn't had lunch 07:25. Like she can't even keep her sponsored lies straight.

All she does is promote stuff now. I mean, she films more promotional videos than actual makeup tutorials. Like come on, a video reviewing a toothbrush? And for the makeup in her favorites, if you're going to fake your opinion of a product, at least don't be lazy and make a makeup tutorial using it. She's so much worse than other beauty gurus with how much she promotes things and lies about her opinion and she has far fewer subscribers. At least other gurus will have used some of the same products for awhile, so you can see that maybe they really enjoy them. She promotes a new skincare routine/eyebrow pencil or gel/fake tanner/lotion/whatever like every week. How any of her subscribers think she actually believes in all of it with the long list of discount codes in her video descriptions is beyond me.

HeRainaa
Learner
Learner

Post by HeRainaa »

Have you seen her latest video?It's a first impressions of a Maybelline foundation.I thought it was a nice change for her channel to start doing some useful reviews of her own products,until i clicked on the video.A 5 min first impressions,which lacks significant information about the product(price?staying power from day to night?maybe a zoom in so we can decide ourselves if the foundation vanishes pores?What happens if you have dry patches on your skin?In which way applies best,brush,hands,or sponge?Coverage of concealer?Does it crease?Can you cover red spots with it?Coverage and staying power of the powder?Considering it's a normal to dry skin powder,how it's the finish on oily skin?Does it look cakey?).So many questions,which could be answered if the video was 3 minutes longer,and even though this is a first impressions,a demo of the staying power of the product from day to night would be helpful.So many youtubers with half the number of subs she has do it.But she just wanted to sell it(she says in the description box that the video is sponsored).Not to mentions she calls it her "holy grail" foundation.After one application?Seriously?What about if it turns out to be an oily mess within an hour?How would you know if you remove your makeup after the video?Plus,her makeup is AWFUL in this video,so clownish,the lips cover 2/3 of her face and the false eyelashes stick out.She also said she will do a makeup tutorial on this.I don't know if it's just me,but i'm sure she has done at least 2 similar makeup tutorials with rosy lips and eyes.And even if she hasn't,her makeup always looks the same.She just changes colours.I imagine her apply eyeshadow on clients with big,round eyes in that stupid dome shape and make their eyes look scary.The best thing about this video was the blush.

HeRainaa
Learner
Learner

Post by HeRainaa »

Have you seen her latest video?It's a first impressions of a Maybelline foundation.I thought it was a nice change for her channel to start doing some useful reviews of her own products,until i clicked on the video.A 5 min first impressions,which lacks significant information about the product(price?staying power from day to night?maybe a zoom in so we can decide ourselves if the foundation vanishes pores?What happens if you have dry patches on your skin?In which way applies best,brush,hands,or sponge?Coverage of concealer?Does it crease?Can you cover red spots with it?Coverage and staying power of the powder?Considering it's a normal to dry skin powder,how it's the finish on oily skin?Does it look cakey?).So many questions,which could be answered if the video was 3 minutes longer,and even though this is a first impressions,a demo of the staying power of the product from day to night would be helpful.So many youtubers with half the number of subs she has do it.But she just wanted to sell it(she says in the description box that the video is sponsored).Not to mentions she calls it her "holy grail" foundation.After one application?Seriously?What about if it turns out to be an oily mess within an hour?How would you know if you remove your makeup after the video?Plus,her makeup is AWFUL in this video,so clownish,the lips cover 2/3 of her face and the false eyelashes stick out.She also said she will do a makeup tutorial on this.I don't know if it's just me,but i'm sure she has done at least 2 similar makeup tutorials with rosy lips and eyes.And even if she hasn't,her makeup always looks the same.She just changes colours.I imagine her apply eyeshadow on clients with big,round eyes in that stupid dome shape and make their eyes look scary.The best thing about this video was the blush.

Return to “P-T”